Generations Homecare System

Homecare app for scheduling, visit verification and more

4,2
4,1
3,9
4,5
4,1
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Streamline your scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

Generations has helped us streamline on scheduling of our nonmedical homecare aides. The software is easy to use and has artificial intelligence to suggest what caregivers might be available for open clients. It reduces an agency's potential fraud risk because of the telephony (EVV) system. There is an app as well that caregivers can logon to submit notes about their visit. I highly recommend it.

Cons

No real cons. The app can be buggy and will kick you off.

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Thank you so much for the review and great feedback! We really appreciate it and we're glad to hear you're enjoying Generations.

--Team G

Kacie M.

Returned Customer

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Overall experience with Generations is amazing. They are always open to suggestions that they can bring to their developers. I am excited to continue to grow my company alongside Generations.

Pros

After using Generations for 2 years, my small business began to rapidly grow and I felt the need to shop for another platform that had more features. After 8 months of using a competitor, Generations now has the capabilities I was needing and I am back and happier than ever. The customer service is without a doubt some of the best in the industry. I am never on hold and my questions or always answered that day. Implementation was seamless and there isn't a lot of backend setup. My field staff is also pleased with the transition as it is very user friendly.

Cons

Some state DOL's mandate accrued sick leave for employees. I currently need to use a separate platform to track accrued hours, I would love to see this built into Generations.

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Thank you for such a thoughtful review, Kacie and congratulations on your business success! We are proud to be your technology partner.

Patricia-lee B.

Frequently does not work

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Pros

The ease of use when it works, the multitude of access you can have to reports. However, when it is down and you are used to using the different facets of the software it can cause utter chaos in the scheduling, payroll and billing department all at once.

Cons

It frequently does not work. It disconnects from the internet. The telephony does not use the GPS as advertised.
The billing is incorrect when it flows over to payroll. We have called numerous times to address this issue and we are told that there is a glitch in the software although they do not compensate for the monthly billing of over
$600.00 when i9t is down for a month at a time.

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Hi Patricia-Lee,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback! We are disappointed to hear that you've had a less than exceptional experience with Generations. We will reach out to you directly so that we can learn more and make things better.

Team G

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Margie G.

Create Raving Fans

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

We do not have any problems with Generations, anything that has caused us issues in the past have been resolved within 24 hours. We put in enhancement requests and normally they are respected and added in as other customers agree to the changes.

Pros

Ease of Use and the Call Center Central communications tool tops the list in our organization. As clinical care professionals the last thing you want to do is mess with technology, but what Generations brings to the table is so user friendly we can put RN's and LPN's and caregivers in the field often times same day and feel confident they are well equipped.

Cons

It would be nice to have a test database, to see the impact to operations whenever large changes come along, but we have existed a long time without one because Generations has a very comprehensive online video training library and updated documentation that is fast and easy access. In addition their online chat and tech support is high level hands on.

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Hi Margie,

Wow! Thank you for the great feedback and for the 5-star review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the system and that our customer support is meeting your needs. Please continue to send us your requests and we will do our best to add them. We are here for you!

Thank you again!

- Team G

Terri D.
Industry: Public Safety

Great Product and even better support

Reviewed on 2017/02/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Getting started was easy with a great transition team. The online chat is immediate - they respond, can remote in and are very helpful. When there are glitches, they listen and get working on it.
They also will listen to suggestions for updates. The "new version" releases are constant (which is a good thing) and they provide a wonderful summary of all the upgrades so you can take advantage of the new bells and whistles.

Pros

Customer Service
Adaptive and open to suggestions
Always improving - not a stagnant software

Cons

CRM - is not very robust. I am not able to use it as a marketing/referral source tool as I would like to. I still need another software - ACT! or something like that.

There are so many things you can do with this software, it will take a while to get the full benefit. When you start you could be overwhelmed, but will be happy it is so robust once you get going.

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Hi Terri,

Thanks so much for the great feedback and review! We hope you're enjoying the new functionality we rolled out last week. :)

--Team G

Daniel C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Worked great at smaller scale prior to EVV

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

Over all I'm pleased with my experience with Generations. But waiting sometimes up to 60 seconds between entries (doing hundreds of entries) is a deal breaker. I would very much like to continue with this platform after investing so much time and effort into it. But it has to work, when I need it to work. Bottom line.

Pros

The program is user friendly, has great functionality when its working properly.

Cons

During peak demands times this program suffers long, sometimes absurd response times. After making sure that our networks and workstations exceed the system requirements by several factors, I'm left with the conclusion that this problem cannot be resolved on the user end. PLEASE GIVE US MORE BANDWIDTH!

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you have had anything short of an exceptional experience and we have passed your message along to the appropriate team members so that we can look into this. Thank you again, and thank you for using Generations.

Team G

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Chris G.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Can't imagine ever changing from this platform

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

We utilize Generations for all aspects of our scheduling and use it to coordinate hours worked to hours paid and billed through its connection with Quickbooks. Their staff has always been amazing at solving any glitches that arise and they have been very few.

Pros

We love the internet based version now, but the simplicity and effectiveness of it have always been what we love most.

Cons

The mobile platform is a bit tedious in comparison to the desktop platform. It takes much more to pull up broad information versus specific to that day or a certain client or staff member

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and for the 5-star review. You made our day! We're thrilled to hear that you've had a great experience with our team members. We will pass along your kind words.

--Team G

Amy S.

Great scheduling software

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Pros

It made scheduling client and employees easily. You can view client and employee schedules overlapping one another, which is a big plus.

Cons

Customer support was at times confusing and the system went down often.

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Hello,

Thank you very much for the review and feedback! We're disappointed to hear that your experience was less than exceptional. However, we're pleased to share that Generations users currently enjoy a 99% uptime. Would you be interested in taking a short demo to learn more about this and other new updates? If so, please reach out to us at [email protected]

Thanks!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Erica B.

I am an admin for this software as a scheduler and I love how user friendly Generations is for mysel

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

The ease of use, the new scheduling views and the mobile app for my caregivers. The customer support at Generations is also great!

Cons

It would be nice to be able to edit the online forms for job application and the new client intake form.

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Hi Erica,

Thank you very much for the 5 stars and the great feedback. The Generations customer support team is always here for you!

--Team G

Malcolm T.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Excellent and Efficient

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Maths benfiit was the EVV software and having the ability to be almost paperless in my Agency.

Pros

I enjoy having the ability, to load my intake forms and have them complete important documents directly from their phone. I really enjoy having the ability to track caregiver certifications. Also having the ability to customize your sign and

Cons

The software runs very smooth even with the minimalist internet connection. The only complaint I have was one bug when I first began using the software and was corrected right away after We we're trained on using it.

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Hi Malcolm,

Thank you so much for the review and great feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed the EVV solutions found in Generations.

Shinichi M.
Industry: Public Safety

User friendly software

Reviewed on 2017/02/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We used to be very satisfied with this software while our operation was simple. But we realized that this software lacked several key features as our business grew and required complex payroll and billing arrangements. Also, we found out some of their reports were not accurate so we were unable to fully utilize their billing and payroll modules.

Pros

Very user friendly interface, Easy to use, Good technical support, Good training material

Cons

Inaccurate reports
No feature for shift differential for payroll and billing
Pricey telephonic timesheet

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Gina M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Good software for a small agency

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/01/11

We used it for 3 years and needed to upgrade to a better system

Pros

Easy to use. Support is excellent- online tutorial videos are great and there is a Live Chat during business hours. They always responded quickly

Cons

Cannot manage high volume. Assessment template is archaic, if you make updates- it will change EVERY assessment you have ever completed. Assessments do not lock!

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Hi Gina,

Thanks so much for the feedback and review. We wanted to share that, since your review, we've added the ability to save multiple templates of care plans and assessments, which has resolved the need to edit an existing one. We'd love to walk you through this and other new functionality. Please reach out to us at [email protected] for a demo.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Toni B.

BEING A SCHEDULER AND OFFICE ASSISTANT

Reviewed on 2016/10/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I HAVE BEEN THE SCHEDULER FOR 4 YEARS WITH OUR COMPANY AND NOW AM THE OFFICE ASSISTANT, GENERATIONS HAS BEEN WONDERFUL TO USE, IT HELPS KEEP ME ON TRACK AND LETS ME COMMUNICATE WITH THE CAREGIVERS WITH EASE. THE ONLY DRAW BACK I SEE IS THE REMINDERS LIST YOU CAN NOT CUSTOM THEM AND I REALLY WISH THEY HAD A WAY TO PUT INTERRUPTIONS ON THE WEEKLY SCHEDULE SO WE ARE NOT BOTHERING CAREGIVERS AFTER HOURS WHEN WE ARE ON CALL AND THEY ARE OUT SICK OR ON VACATION. OTHER THAN THAT THIS SYSTEM IS WONDERFUL!

Pros

I LOVE THE MASS TEXTING AND EMAIL PORTION AS WELL AS GETTING TO ANY INFORMATION QUICKLY

Jessica F.

HR use

Reviewed on 2016/10/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am overall satisfied with Generations. It is great for scheduling as it is simple to add in or take off anything, place absences etc. However on the HR side of it, running reports gets tricky. I would like to see a feature where it automatically sends the caregivers a reminder that their license, certifications and insurance is going to expire. Also email reminders for myself reminding me when individuals have things expiring or need reviews. Unless I am running reports back dated each month, things are easily over looked.

Pros

Simple to use

Cons

In order to keep track on the HR side of things, it is sometimes a pain to have to print pages of reports and backdate my searches for months. Things easily get overlooked.

Rhoneily G.

Easy and effective

Reviewed on 2016/10/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Generations has delivered great service to our office. The program is easy to use, as well as effective. Although our office staff Is under the same roof we do not always get to personally communicate with other staff. Generations "Call Center" is a great way for the entire office to stay in the "Loop"

Response from Integrated Database Systems

Hi Rhoneily,

Thanks so much for the 5-star review! We're pleased to hear that the Generations call center is helping you and your team stay connected and in communication.

Trishell M.

Time

Reviewed on 2016/10/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's great, other than logging in and out constintaly between tasks. The logged in working time needs to be extended.

Pros

It's easy to navagate and self explanatory.

Cons

Times out in less than 10 mins, so you have to continue to log in all the time.
Slow loading.

Christine R.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great Product, Great Value!

Reviewed on 2016/10/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Generations is easy to navigate and to complete your day to day tasks. Their customer support is top notch! I highly recommend!