Key Green Solutions Software

Sustainability solution for healthcare organizations

4,6
4,7
4,4
4,2
4,8
Mary ellen L.

Got data? One healthcare system's experience with Key Green Solutions

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Our overall experience with Key Green Solutions software has been extremely positive! The staff is responsive. The training sessions which assist our employees in using the software are very clear and to the point. It’s a true partnership with ideas and suggestions being continually shared between our organization and Key Green Solutions. The availability of data to all employees drives employee engagement and sparks innovation around our sustainability initiatives. Our employees are concerned about our energy and water use, the amount of greenhouse gasses we emit, the kinds of food and beverages we serve, the chemicals we use, how much waste we create. This affects each and every one of their lives! Providing data and a sustainability dashboard related to these areas helps people connect the dots between what is being tracked, and how that connects to their health and the health of the planet.

Pros

I like the fact that the software is easy to use, versatile, up-to-date, and that our data is visually appealing and accessible to all employees. Those features promote progress in sustainability because we can see how we are doing, where we can improve and make better business decisions, cut costs, and save energy. They help us establish realistic targets and overcome complacency. When we see how we’re doing in comparison with other facilities this pushes us to a state of continuous improvement and/or reminds us to celebrate our successes. Because data is accessible, it encourages transparency. If there’s a concern, we can address it sooner rather than later. Being open and honest about our business operations also demonstrates respect for our employees.

Cons

One difficulty is pulling our colleagues together for a digital meeting in order to provide training to Key Green Solutions. However,Key Green Solutions offered an incredible amount of dates to take advantage of this training.

Kim R.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Key Green Solutions Software history of use

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

I've come to rely heavily on Key Green. I use it to report out monthly in both our Environment of Care, and our Environmental Actions Committees. We use it to upload data into both the Practice GreenHealth Awards and the Energy Star program.

Pros

In the past, getting the data that I need for the Practice Greenhealth award and any other application that requires data on energy, water, waste streams or purchasing was like trying to dig a hole to china. The hole just kept getting bigger, but most of the time, the data wasn't actually there. The fact that Key Green not only has the data, at my fingertips, but also automatically uploads it into the application, has freed up a lot of my time. Time that I can spend doing the work that needs to be done on our environmental programs.

Cons

Really, it's the thing that i like least about most softwares. It's very user friendly for me, because I understand the questions that it provides the answers to. But for folks who aren't familiar with the questions, it can be more difficult to navigate. As I said, this is common to most softwares, and it falls to us doing the work on the ground to solve it. Honestly, Key Green does a very good job of giving us the tools to educate on this.

Glen A.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Key Green Next Generation

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

Key Green proved a very effective way for the owner to track facilities to truly know if they were seeing expected results. Once everything was setup, everybody had a single point of truth.

Key Green also became a great place to normalize facilities to allow prioritization for energy projects and projecting results with initial budgets.

Pros

The software is great spot for getting all the data you need for an organization. This includes building area, utility use, and utility providers.

Some of the best features include area normalization and rate normalization.

The multi-year reports are really good. These could be improved with an ability to select the exact years you want.

Cons

I wish the report selector was more intuitive. I spend a lot of time going through all of the options looking for the correct report. This could be improved by having default options already selected so you can see what the report is and then use filters to click the specifics that you want (facility, energy type, etc).

I also wish there was more data analysis done automatically to make sure data is correct. There are several times that we see a report where one month of data is obviously wrong (either input incorrectly by the utility or by Key Green or data was never transmitted). Ideally, a monthly or weekly report to the owner showing data anomalies would be generated.

An Open API interface would be great.

Finally, a comparison of facilities against each other would be great.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Anthony V.

Key Green Solutions review

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Overall a great experience. Customer service is unmatched. It is easy to use and provides great data for presentations.

Pros

Ease of use, Customer service, flexibility, customization, data driven.

Cons

It would be nice if the system had a better way of exporting graphs and items for presentations.

Iris A.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great data tool and easy

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/05/05

They have been one of my best customer experiences that I have every had with a company. They get customer service and strive to keep great CRM. I love their innovative mind and updating things

Pros

The product is designed with ease of data collection in mind. All info is automatically sent for collection and it provides great data to dig in to understand results. It is capable of different reports and intune to the market needs for the data. I appreciate the connection to PGH too.

Cons

Scrubbing data still takes a person to understand why we have so little or so much of something. I would like a resource of a person to dig in and find out why we have these issues.

Brandon W.
Industry: Government Administration

Key Green Customer Support

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/06/25

The entire organization from their team members to their software package was very helpful and easy to work with.

Pros

While I did not use the software personally, my agency did contract out with Key Green Solutions to use their software to capture various metrics at our facility. The Key Green team was very responsive, easy to work with and did an amazing job tracking the metrics we requested. Their customer service is team were extremely helpful.

Cons

None that I can think of. The software and their team performed with no issues.

Pankaj H.

Key Green Solutions Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

I will be rolling out a new project with use of KGS software. I am looking forward to see the program's implementation. Overall, I am receiving feedback and support from the KGS to close the gap. Overall I am satisfied.

Pros

Some of the reports are almost perfect and to the point.

Cons

Limited options on data export. Ideally there shouldn't be a need for data export if the coverage of the reports are enough to satisfy the needs. As sometimes not all the reports are available. Need data to create own charts. This feature is limited.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Howard H.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

KGS user

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/04/23

Pros

I can create reports to support power point presentations.

Cons

The education process. It was years ago, but it was a bit confusing.

Barbara L.

Outstanding Software

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/04/23

The ability to consolidate electricity, water, gas and medical/solid waste accounts for hospitals and medical office locations.

Pros

What I like most about the software it is easy to use.

Cons

I currently do not have any issues in using the software.

Sandeep D.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Key green solutions software

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/04/23

I am making an effort to use this software to monitor energy consumption and costs

Pros

The support team is very helpful to help understand the system

Cons

It is not very intuitive to use for the user

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10