Showing 36 reviews of 26

Zello

Team communication platform for field agents and dispatchers

Showing 36 reviews of 26
Jacob S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Fills a Real Need

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Sometimes you really need to know if someone is at their desk and available to take a call, but you don't want to interrupt them with a ringing phone and you don't have time to hope and wait for them to see a Slack-like instant message. This fills that need.

Pros

This is the only app I could find anywhere that provides us with what is essentially an intra-office intercom. You would think it wouldn't be hard to find an IP-based version of the old-school intercom, like on Mad Men (but with way less sexual harassment) where you can push a button and say something to someone in a different office, rather than forcing their phone to ring, or waiting for them to see and answer an IM, but this isn't just the best option, it's the only one I found.

Cons

It's designed and priced for larger organizations who need it for managing fleets or large mobile teams, think trucking dispatchers, or managers of large field staffs. Those folks use it like a digital version of two-way radios, or the old Nextel PTT phones. We didn't need any of the mobile functionality or the other bells and whistles, but we still had to pay for them.

Lauren P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Zello

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

I like using Zello and will continue to use it when out and needing a walkie talkie.

Pros

Zello is a great "walkie talkie" app, it functions well and you are able to communicate clearly with others in your group. I like the push to talk button and that you can replay messages.

Cons

It isnt always secure. We have had outsiders join our group and conversations and that was unwanted.

Response from Zello

Lauren - thank you very much for your review. We're sorry you had outsiders join your group and interfere with your conversations. Know that you can always create a password-protected channel, or simply switch to Zello Work, our solution for businesses.

Brandon C.

Zello for Public Safety Agencies

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Pros

The ability to use it on any device & computer. It has made dispatching Ambulances so much easer across the state. We haven't seen any down time on the system at all. Zello is vary good with emailing us when they are working on the system, and what we should except when they are doing maintenance. Another big plus for us is the ability for us to make channels on the fly, for any small or big incident.

Cons

I love everything about the system. They are great to work with

Response from Zello

Brandon - thanks for the vote of confidence! We love that you find it easier to respond to incidents across the state thanks to Zello.

Dondra F.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

I love zello!!!

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Amazing never had a issue with it!!! I can always have communication with my work staff when I need

Pros

I started using this software back in 2015. It’s a great tool for company and businesses who rely heavily on communication. Zello allows you to use your phone to communicate instantly with anyone you choose no matter how close or far. Zello acts as a 2 way radio

Cons

No cons really. I’m very simple and this app is very simple for me. Anyone can use it. I think the app does need a update but other than that all good

Response from Zello

Thanks for the kind words, Dondra! Feel free to share Zello with anybody you know who could have a use for it!

Adam D.

Fire Service

Reviewed on 2020/02/23

Love the PTT so much easier than making a call and the ability to have it talk over our existing two radios is the greatest option.

Pros

We have integrated into our two DMR network and works great. Able to hear and talk to units from out of radio coverage.

Cons

Would like to have custom alerts for alerting

Ted B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Zello for Medical Transportation

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Pros

Easy deployment, cost-effective. Since we have deployed this software in 2017, we have had zero issues with the software. As the admin on the account, it's very easy to set-up and little to no maintenance.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about the software.

Gerry C.

Zello Rocks

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Members are easily connected. In ZelloWork solving some logistical issues has been made a little easier with zello. The Radio connectivity has also helped.

Pros

I like most the connectivity and speed of the APP and software. Quick download, ease of use and easy setup of users are all highlights.

Cons

Wish there was and integration between Zellowork and Free zello for those users that need to be contacted on the side but should not be in the Zello work environment.

Gord H.

Great App for Fire Department Use

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

We have been able to reduce our reliance on pagers for alerting Firefighters of an emergency call.

Pros

It is very robust. The communication is clear. It is easy to use and takes up very little data. It works perfectly with android.

Cons

There are connection issues with iphones. The App will disconnect at times.

Patrick R.

Great Push to talk app.

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

The app itself has been great and in the emergency service field. It gives us overall better radio coverage in our rural area. Zello has been great in supporting our agency with free services. They are definitely doing great things!

Pros

I like being able to have radio communications with those I with at all times especially in places our radio system fails. The software is great and easy to use.

Cons

I would say the only downside to this software is there is no gateway support unless u pay for it. It would be nice to see Zello and the gateway companies come together to put some how to videos on there sites. It’s pretty simple if you only need 1 gateway channel but if u need multiply it is definitely a challenge to set up on your own.

Response from Zello

Ryan - thank you for your review and sorry about the gateway support issue. It's just that being a relatively small team, it is hard for us to offer the same level of support to all customers, free and paid. Your suggestion is good and we'll try to strengthen our support content for gateways in the future.

Sergey Y.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Software alternative of walkie-talkie

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

In our country radio frequency is paid and hard to receive license for using it. So this software is very help us to make an alternative PTT device with all need features for our Security and Warehouse departments.

Pros

This very easy to implement this software in IT infrastructure, have 2 options on premiss and cloud. And work for a years without hard technical issues. Everytime with new versions comes new features that we like and feel it useful

Cons

We have not found some missing features or problems in integration.

Ricardo B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Using Zello

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

The overall experience is great. Once you know the quarks are, it's awesoke.

Pros

Zello is super easy to use and train new employees on. It's easy to add users and make changes and the working with the zello staff is great.

Cons

There is a slight delay when you start talking to another user. It cuts off a small part which at times you have to repeat yourself

Audi A.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Security Industry

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Overall I am very pleased with Zello. I rely on this software to ensure the safety of my officers.

Pros

The GPS feature is amazing! Reliance is Security for some very dangerous high crime properties. om multiple occasions I have been able to pinpoint an officer's location when they are in emergency situations cutting down their backups response time.

Cons

When I am trying to pull past radio traffic it will only let me go through so many entries before it kicks me out and I have to start over.

Response from Zello

Thanks for the great review, Audi! We will follow-up with you separately to understand and resolve your issue with pulling past radio traffic.

Aharon S.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Amazing product would never use anything else

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

Reliable backup. Faster communication. Always being connected even when the member is not carrying their radio.

Pros

Innovation and reliability. Hello is such an easy platform and so reliable that you really need to want work harder if you don't choose zello. Hello makes everything in your day to day operations simple and easy to achieve.

Cons

That it's not my creation lol. It's amazing no issues.

Jason B.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Awesome LMR to 4G PTT Solution

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

We are currently using Zello Work to extend our LMR networks to public safety users that don't have traditional radio coverage or poor radio coverage.

Pros

The application is easy to use and to administer. I currently administer Zello Work for a regional Public Safety agency with over 200 users. It's very simple to create a user and send them their use profile. The ability to manage user settings from the web portal is a huge plus.

Cons

Not being able to assign Listen Only profile to a Crosslinked resource.

Holger S.

Awesome product

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Our members are spread cover several countries and die to zello we have now our own digital radio solution

Pros

Thanks to Zello, we managed to optimize our communication during emergency and daily ops. It’s an awesome and very reliable product.

Cons

Dispatcher app should be available for Android and IOS

Response from Zello

Holger- thank you for your support! We will be looking into your suggestion to be able to dispatch from the mobile app.

Kerry S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Keeping in touch

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Overall this is a awesome software connect with people to always keep in touch at the touch of a button

Pros

I loved this software it help me stay in contact with my boss and co-workers. I liked the fact it was able to record everything it said so u ever needed To go back u can. Easy to use clear voice and great storage

Cons

Well the only thing I dislikes is how u had to have a wireless connection to be able to get in touch with everyone if ur not connected your not able to use it

Response from Zello

Thank you for your review!

Alexander V.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great and Easy to Use... When it has a solid connection

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Features and ease of use are great, but improvement needed in connection quality.

Pros

I enjoyed being able to instantly communicate with my team in the plant and to either talk or send messages.

Cons

It's connection is very spotty and I'm not sure how to silence my phone EXCEPT for Zello, instructions on that would be great. But unfortunately, because it disconnects a lot, I sometimes miss messages or cannot send them.

Jacqueline R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Zello a service that really works.

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Again cost effective. I lower my cost because I can turn on and off whenever I need to the service. I'm not locked into any contract. The range is great and I like that you can playback messages. You can add your email account and works with pretty much and phone.

Pros

Easy setup. Cost effective. I saved a ton of money when I started using Zello. We drop our Verizon push to talk cell phone and also didn't require to use Walkie-Talkie devices either. By simply downloading this app and uploading our list with an excel file. You can make easy change via the portal. Delete and adding users.
It has nice features like tracking,mapping and creating channels.

Cons

Would like to see maybe paying one fee for gps,tracking and mapping. Instead of paying for this feature per device. It may work for some people but in my case. It can then add up a bit.

Raymond M.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Superb Push-to-Talk server and app

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

WIth Zello Push-to-Talk app we were able to replace our expensive traditional PTT service. We're also able to install the app in our Windows Desktop that is very useful for our Controllers and Dispatchers.

Pros

We do have an on-premise Zello Enterprise server and the setup and configuration are straightforward and easy. Support from zello are superb.

The technology they used are great as it does not take a lot of bandwidth thus saving on our mobile data plans. The app interface are easy and are available on both windows, IOS and Android OS.

Cons

No major issues we encountered on the server and app so far.

Response from Zello

Raymond - thank you for your review!

Michael O.

Excellent Product!

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

Excellent application, downtime is rare!

Pros

Easy to use and create custom names. Instant playback. Application based, We use with Mobi control by SOTI to lock down phones and works great.

Cons

Has more capabilities, but they want more money for each one.

Response from Zello

Dear Michael - thank you for your kind review. As for the premium features and having to pay more money for each, stay tuned for another announcement about the program...