Yodel

Business phone system for streamlining customer service

Joseph W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Insanely Expensive

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

None. It was a useful alternative to a real phone, but the effort to switch away from it when it got obscenely expensive more than made up for the convenience.

Pros

The integration with slack is innovative, though buggy. The voicemail and other features are well thought out and useful

Cons

When I signed up it charged per team and phone line. . I still get just one line, one voicemeail. So for my 5 person team one phone line costs is so much more expensive than a real phone line or vonage or similar services. Convenience of being in slack is nowhere near worth that premium.

The integration with slack is buggy. When a call comes in it takes a while to notify people and multiple people can answer at the same time without realizing it and it sounds really stupid to the caller. All this was forgivable when it was an inexpensive service, but for being 10x the cost of a real phone line this is a deal breaker. No mobile app is a deal breaker. No integration with gsuite or CRM software is a deal breaker. Customer service takes hours to respond to a "chat". That's not how chat works. This software just not anywhere near worth the cost with the new pricing structure.

Response from YodelTalk

Hi Joseph! Thank you for writing a review on Yodel. We would like to respond to your comments:
Yodel is a full on phone solution, that not only offers a phone line but many further functionalities like welcome message, call recording, call screening or voicemails and also includes many integrations to Slack and CRM systems. Yodel is comparable to solutions like Vonage not only in terms of functionality but also on pricing. Since your review was posted, we have also added mobile and desktop apps to our product offering. We would very much appreciate if you can update your review and give us feedback on where we can still improve!
If you ever need help or are unhappy with pricing/functionalities or similar, you can anytime contact us at support (at) yodel . io

Andres G.

pretty basic customer support through slack

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

- slack integration is handy
- good customer support
- free US number
- personalized greeting
- transfer to dedicated department team member

Cons

- Limited to Slack app
- Call forwarding can be pretty limited and slow
- No custom Yodel web app

Jack D.

A Slack-centric phone system with amazing automation features

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Yodel freed up our staff from answering our ad-hoc Google Voice system, and put it on Slack where we have most of our communication.

Pros

Yodel has some very cool features - the digital assistant can be customized to have a personalized greeting (or you can record your own), it can ask the caller for their intended department or person, and it can even answer simple questions using some integrations. These are features that I did not expect to find outside of a very expensive enterprise solution.

Running our phone system through Slack has been great for our productivity, as we're freed up from having to answer the phones without knowing who's calling (it's useful for our firm to be able to screen calls).

Cons

Answering/forwarding calls can be time-consuming, which is an issue when the phone is ringing. It's best to ensure you're signed into Yodel and can answer calls on your headset during business hours, but I'd really like to see a simple, in-Slack method for forwarding incoming calls to our physical phones. Yodel is working on Windows apps, so perhaps this will be more easily managed in the near future.

Mark S.

A bit complicated for some users, like myself. It has execiting features though.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Great solution for looking professional, quickly.

Pros

It allows you to have a professional image with inbound calls to your company. Without the full time receptionist. It's not perfect, however the music on hold and please hold the line comments are what give that extra confident touch to callers. The robust features this has are incredible and allow you to even create an FAQ. It's a time saver from having to waste time answering questions that are easy done through the FAQ.

Cons

Confusing. Feels bloated, though I know it's not. But the integration with Slack, though very cool, is not completely clear. The interface has a lot going on. When a call comes in, I'm searching for which button to choose.
I believe they're coming out with their own app and software to handle this, so I anticipate it helping greatly.
Problem is answering calls ... many times they're already hung up by the time I'm able to get to the call. It's got some major refining in the area of speed and efficiency.

Paul H.
  • Industry: Design

Yodal, for when you need a number and a call waiting service

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

OVerall, my experience is good. It does what it says on the tin, and i have rarely needed to change the settings.. Just set it and forget it :)

Pros

I like that its simple to setup, and i can set answering machines for specific times of day etc

Cons

I dont like that it is so integrated in slack.. i know thats its USP. But i want to get away from using slack as i think it is a time waster.. Yodel doesnt have a dedicated app for itself, and if it did it would be great,

Pritesh P.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

They Still Haven't Released My Number

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

This is simply a product that isn't what they advertise, they don't provide what you pay for and customer service will make promises they don't follow through with

Pros

It had a phone number that I really wanted and was excited was offered through a solution I needed

Cons

It didn't do anything I was told it would. Even integrating it was a huge hassle that didn't work and future updates that brought new integrations didn't work. That and they said they would release my number to another provider and they didn't to multiple different solutions I tried.

Response from YodelTalk

Hi Pritesh,
I am really sorry to hear about this. We understand that Yodel is not the right solution for everyone but we always do our best to offer the best support possible. Phone numbers can be ported out from active accounts. We just need your support pin for confirmation reasons. Maybe you didn't see our responses and this is the reason why the number hasn't been ported out yet. You can contact us at [email protected] and I'm sure we will solve this in no time!

Matt W.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/11/27

Interface
Simple connections

Cons

Nothing - it serves a purpose for what we need and it is a fair price

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Yodel Will Have you Yodeling with Delight

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

This is already a great product—and the developers seem to be all over making it better. On a recent trip to Hong Kong, I decided neither to pay my cell carrier for international service nor to mess with a foreign SIM card and service, and Yodel was my go to method to phone home via wifi. It worked pretty flawlessly, with excellent sound quality.

Pros

The developers are constantly making this very capable telephony product better.

Cons

The program is still young, and your mileage may vary depending on the release you're using and the platform you're using it on.

Robert L.

Good quality for money

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Overall good experience

Pros

It's very easy to your, easy to deploy, easy to train staff to use. Functionality is good and in the vast majority of cases it works well. Customer Support is decent although more emphasis on good vibes than expertise means you get what you pay for.

Cons

It does have it's problems every now and then which might be due to how Slack does things but it does get frustrating if you staff cannot take phone calls.

Dave C.
  • Industry: Design

Don't call. Yodel instead.

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

An affordable business phone line.

Pros

I love how Yodel integrates with Slack so I'm notified of incoming calls and if someone leaves a message it is transcribed directly into the Slack channel of my choice. Other benefits that I really appreciate include:
- Zapier integration
- Set open hours for incoming calls
- the new mobile app which allows you accept incoming calls or dial out.
- The ability to forward calls or port an existing number.

Cons

I wish Yodel wasn't so dependent on Slack. I would love to desktop version as well. With the new mobile app, it does allow for additional ways to accept calls, but a desktop app would be great.

Sean W.

Great Support Team. Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Pros

Very flexible. Easy to integrate with other systems. Fantastic customer support. Very flexible product and a great overall experience

Cons

Some features are still being developed.