ArboStar

Custom business management platform for tree care companies

5 /5 (17 reviews) Write a Review!
Marta V.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Innovative and refreshing

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Pros

ArboStar has managed to create one of the best CRM there is. Very responsive team with fast access to all the essential information is resulting in brilliant performance.

Cons

Very easy integration, fast access to any information needed.

Derek L.

Best Arborist Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Pros

I used Arbostar for over a year. The features that I loved most was how easy it is to create detailed estimates with pictures and project schemes and how detailed pricing calculator they had. I can calculate work price based on target man hour return rates or based on the cost of the equipment that I need to do the work and personnel that is required to do the work. Automatic following up was a great features and it helped me improve my confirmation rates significantly. Lastly every day i used sales leaderboard feature to compare real time confirmation rates and other statistical numbers vs other estimators in the company. Overall, very happy with the product.

Cons

When i started using the Arbostar, app lacked offline mode functionality meaning that if I was on site creating estimate and there were no reception I couldn't send it out. This was fixed with later released though. Now, If my tablet doesn't have internet, all the info is still saved in drafts and estimates do get send out once I have reception again.

Miguel C.
Industry: Environmental Services

Versitile: works perfect on the go, all the tools available in my tablet.

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

It has been overall a great experience, has really facilitated my job, not only it is easier now but I am been more effective and efficient since I can send my estimates faster than my competitors without sacrificing quality and details on my estimates, with a map and photos of the service explaining everything. I have noticed these details on my estimates set the correct expectations both for the client and the crew members having almost no complaints from customers and really complete instruction for the crew that will perform the service.

Pros

It is tough to say since there are many features I like about it. The scheme map would be on the top of the list, also the ability to choose to customize every single detail on my estimates while still on the property (Crew members, equipment, hours, expenses.. everything). the fact that I can send estimates with really detailed info, take photos and upload them into my estimate on site. I guess there are many features I like about it.

Cons

I would like to see in the future a voice recording so I can keep a record of all the details the client tells me on site. I guess that's coming in the future.

Sergio D.

ArboStar business management platform

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Overall very happy user. Thank you!

Pros

I used ArboStar for over three years. Basically it was backbone of our business. We did everything there from payroll and accounting to estimating and invoicing. Features that I loved the most was communication, inbuily IP phone. All the communication with clients was done through computer ArboStar chrome extension. Incoming calls, outgoing calls, sms, followups, everything was Smooth and I could do the work from home or on mobile. Very convenient. Man hour return tracking function was great as I could easily see who's bringing there most money to the company. ArboStar was basically the only soft we used to manage multimillion business and it was very impressive.

Cons

Nothing really, If there were some bugs I could just call the support and they would be fixed ASAP. Never lost even one production day on ArboStar. Only thing I can think of for improvement is checks printing. Would be cool to be able to print checks for paying subcontractors invoices right from the system.

Oliver H.

My experience with ArboStar

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

My experience was and is very positive from demos to implementation to ongoing support and new feature requests. So thanks to the ArboStar and everyone in your team. I'm looking forward to the new features from the quarterly release! I think what I like the most about ArboStar is that its constantly evolving and improving and that I myself can request new features and in a few months can see them live in my system.

Pros

I've been in tree care industry for about 10 years now. Started from the bottom I opened up my business torontoarborist.ca 7 years ago. After struggling with pen and paper approach for a couple of years and with constant growth I realized that it's time to look for something more advanced. I had demos with a number of different software systems, some specific to tree industry some general but I couldn't find something that I really liked. One of my guys recommended ArboStar because they used it in the last company he worked and everyone loved it there. I couldn't find much info about this product on the web but decided to give it a try. I had couple of presentations with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and was very impressed. Being a smaller company we didn't need something that advanced back then but I could see how having this system in place can help us grow so I decided to give it a try.

The onboarding process took a bit longer than I was expecting because there were a lot of things that I had to set up in order to start using it effectively but after everything was ready to go and I started using it I could see a huge difference! CRM, client intake, and estimating became a breeze. Scheduling and payrol integrated became so easy to do. I could track productivity and expenses, basically, everything I needed to operate my business was there! I'm not going to list all the features here and even now I don't use all of them but I can honestly say that what I have now seriously improved my business.

Cons

There is an app and a full web version of ArboStar. APP Is great because of the simplicity, speed and offline mode. ( I can do all the estimates even if there is no reception on my phone) but the app functionality is limited and for more serious tasks like newsletters mass emails, scheduling or finance module I still need to use the web version.

Mira D.

Review for ArboStar

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Pros

I did all my work on ArboStar. Used it to access clients information, make tree inventories, arborist reports, estimates and so on. What I liked the most is how easy it was to start using the system. It's basically self explanatory. My college showed me how to use it for half a day and I was able to do all my work on it after. I didn't use all the features as my role was more on the estimating side but whatever I did use worked fast and really made my job easier.

Cons

As an estimator I used app a lot in the field. When the client wants to confirm the job, there is an option on the app to add a signature but if the client doesn't want to sign I couldn't confirm the job unless I sign it myself instead of the client. Especially now with the Covid and social distancing some clients didn't want to come close or hold devices. Would be cool to add digital signing option through the email or something like this.

Michelle S.

Best Software for Tree Industry

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

You may program the system on how frequent the follow-ups through phone, email and text messaging too.
The feature I like the most is the integrated IP phone. As soon as I am logged in, I am ready to start and accept calls. The only thing I need is a computer with a handset. That's it. I can easily work from home and with this coronavirus COVID19 when we can't go to the office it's really handy! I can still do all my work, take leads, make calls, follow up right from my home. Also, all calls are recorded so you can make sure that customer service is a priority.
Our estimators also like how they can send estimates from the mobile app while they are in the field. They won't be missing anything and they are able to provide a fast and accurate estimate in a timely manner. I also use ArboStar's accounting module a lot and it's pretty great. It helps you to easily manage expenses, inventory and payroll. I like how a daily report is generated on the dashboard.
I will definitely recommend ArboStar to my colleague and for tree companies out there. Game changer!

Pros

I have been a customer service manager for a tree company for about 6 years and I have several experiences with different kinds of software.
Before switching to ArboStar, we used a pen and paper, then we used google spreadsheets than ArborGold for a few years but with our company rapidly growing, it just didn't have enough features so we were shopping around for a more advanced all-in-one type of software. We were doing presentations with different field management systems for about a year. Some of the systems were quite advanced but weren't targeted for specifically tree industry, some were ridiculously expensive, some just didn't have the features we needed and others looked like they are stuck in the 90th. Finally, we did a presentation with ArboStar and everyone in our team loved it. It was easy to use, had all the features we thought of and even more, it's designed specifically for the tree service industry and reasonably priced so we decided to give it a chance and we are super happy with our decision!
I manage customer service so CRM, customer relationship management is the features that I use the most and that I like the most. With ArboStar you can easily navigate the system and it is user-friendly. Adding a new lead is like filling out a form and the system will show it on the map for the estimators in real-time!. Scheduling the work is easy and you can track the crew's location since it is GPS integrated. Following up on estimates makes my work breezy.

Cons

Everything is great! It looks so professional.

Olga R.

ArboStar

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

I have been using the ArboStar system for about 6 years. My main tasks at the Tree Doctors are scheduling/overseeing production crews, payroll and calculations of profitability. My overall experience with ArboStar is very positive as it makes my job much easier. In a very fast-paced environment, it helps you manage your day to day tasks with minimal effort. It’s easy to keep track of payroll as the system notifies you daily if someone forgets to sign out. There is nothing worse than chasing after an employee 2 weeks later trying to figure out what time they logged out last week! The payroll is tied into the crew schedule to allow for an accurate man-hour count and financial returns or losses. The dashboard gives you a quick overview of how many leads are received, how many proposals have been sent out by our estimators or how many projects have been confirmed or invoiced. There are many options to create reminders for yourself and tasks for others as well as a messaging system for the staff. Overall I am very happy with this program. I would not be able to do my job efficiently without it.

Pros

This software is very user-friendly and all the modules are easy to view and operate. The system is almost self-explanatory. If you miss an entry or make a mistake the system prompts you to correct it showing exactly where the mistake is. The scheduling platform is absolutely fantastic in terms of logistics. You can view all confirmed projects on a map and schedule them based on location and crew requirements as all the details are shown on the map in a little bubble.
The system allows for a live lead display. As soon as the customer calls in the information appears on the estimator map. Each lead can be customized as an emergency, priority, regular or existing client marked with a different colour for optimal response time.

Cons

The mobile app does not have all the features available on the desktop. As I work in the office, this does not really affect me. The app is used by our field crews (production and estimators) and meets all their needs while away from the office. Once in a while, you get little glitches but the support team is always quick in resolving any technical issues.

Adam H.

Arbostar Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

I have been an estimator for Tree Doctors for 4 years. Before I was an estimator, I was a crew leader and a driver also for Tree Doctors. The transition between fieldwork and office work was quite easy as the system is pretty straight forward. Even though I am not very computer savvy, I was not intimidated by the change.
I learned how to operate the program within a few short days on the road.

Pros

What I like most about the system is that I am able to do all my work on the road. The new leads display right away and if I am in the area I can be at the customer’s house almost immediately. You will not believe how many times we hear “ You are here already?, I just sent the request. I will hire you just based on your efficiency.”
Since all the leads are pinned on the leads map it is easy for me to organize the route for 2 other estimators, so we are covering the most area in the shortest time.
The system keeps notes on any changes you may have made on your estimate, time, price, crew, equipment requirements. This helps with recalling an old estimate in case the customer changes their mind.
The system is very useful when managing equipment repair. It allows you to keep detailed notes, how many times an item like a saw or a chip truck or chipper, may have been fixed and for what, how many hours were spent on the repair and the cost of all the needed parts.

Cons

The odd time you get a small glitch, but I can contact the support and everything is fixed.

Shane G.
Industry: Environmental Services

ArboStar’s service is our competitive advantage

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

ArboStar has been a big part of what I enjoy about working for Tree Doctors. It makes my job easier by reducing planning time, improving the level of personalized service I can offer, and enhancing our team’s ability to set goals. We have a great relationship with their customer service team, which has led to helpful system tweaks and updates. ArboStar is a great service if you operate a tree care business and want a competitive advantage.

Pros

ArboStar keeps amazing client records. In a single year I might engage with about 2000 existing and prospective tree care clients and I want to make each of them feel important. The smart search feature in ArboStar allows me to recall client records live, review previous services, connect to client emails and photos of their property. I can even listen to recorded phone conversations. Clients continually comment on the personalized service I’m able to offer and this is largely thanks to ArboStar!

Cons

ArboStar keeps advanced sales and performance stats that are incredibly useful for team goal setting. It’s a big part of what allows our company to continue growing. But we want stats! We’ve been in touch with the ArboStar customer service team to provide advanced statistics that include individual service areas. We’d like to know how much of our revenue comes from stump grinding, liquid services, general pruning, consulting, etc. I hope these features are forthcoming. We have had good luck in the past requesting updates from ArboStar so fingers crossed!

Olga F.
Industry: Machinery

Excellent choice

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Excellent,very recommended,easy to use ,100% beneficial for business management.

Pros

I used to work as a general manager in Tree Doctor company for more than 2 years and this software was amazing to work with.Very complete and easy to use.All in one and without it my work was really hard before.It help you to build clients base quick with all important info. Efficiency of my work is way higher with this software.Total control of the office processes.It help to coordinate,organize and improve your business.

Cons

nothing to say,I honestly liked everything and have no complains

Glen G.

A fantastic advantage

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

At first, there was a learning curve with all of the available features but any time you have an issue, one phone call to the support team resolves it quickly.
This can be a tremendous advantage over the competition.

Pros

This app gets you out to the client quickly and allows you to send or even confirm a job right on the spot. The estimate is sent by email, with no more estimates in the mailbox.
Very professional appearance.
Built-in GPS gets you to the job.
The ability to attach edited photos to describe the scope of work.
This whole system makes it easy to quote jobs quickly, and plan your work.

Cons

As with anything new, it takes a little time to learn the features, but it is easy to navigate.

Stacey C.
Industry: Consumer Services

Review from a management point of view

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

User friendly which I appreciate, if I ever need support they are incredibly receptive and adapt to my skill level, I like that it is customizable to my industry, other software I found was not.

Pros

I feel this software is user friendly, I like that I am able to request revisions which customize the software to our industry.

Cons

Nothing major really, small glitches but that is completely acceptable for anything technology-based.

Melvyn B.
Industry: Facilities Services

Easy and very useful

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

When I used to live in Canada I worked for Tree Doctors in the office. My function was collection money ,late payments ,etc. So with this software I had no drama finding info and really quick moving forward to next clients. I like the option to make note in each profile which is really important and reminds you what about for the next time.

Pros

Universality, quick search, clients base

Cons

everything was good, it just take some time to learn how to use it

Shree G.
Industry: Environmental Services

Making your tree care work "Paperless "

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

I have used this application for implementation of Ash Tree Injection Projects, and now I am using it for other projects such as arborist consultation reports for tree care, maintenance and removal purposes. I am highly impressed by it attributes to increse my productivity at my workplace.

Pros

This software is extremely business savy for daily scheduling, implementation of the urban forestry-related projects. It also very usefull for monitoring and supervision purposes . As I am a regular user of this application I am highly impressed by its functionality attibutes because it is very userfriendly to complete the urban forestry-related activities (eg: tree mapping, inventory, assessment , plant health care, routine tree maintenance etc.)

Cons

It requres internet avilability , if there is offline version that would be great where internet connectivity is problem.

Mark L.

Transition to Paperless

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

I have been very happy with this product. It certainly makes my job easier and helps me track items that would often take many more man hours to organize.

Pros

This product is easy to use. From it's many functions to the minimization of paper use in our industry, this product does it all for us. Easy to teach the users, track man hours and job completion, to final billing this product satisfies many of our needs.

Cons

It was difficult to instantly transition to paperless. It seems it was all or nothing. Still used to writing quotes down!

Ilona Z.
Industry: Construction

ArboStar fan

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

very satisfied up to now, helps to be effective, quick in communication, accurate. This has lead to profit increase and more satisfied clients. In addition, the support team is easily accessible and helpful to answer any initial questions i had. Highly recommend!

Pros

User friendly, easy to use and send estimates, very helpful support team.

Cons

No cons so far, it serves the purpose for the cost