Qualtrics CustomerXM

Customer experience management (CXM) platform

Bryce H.

Great Product, Great People

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

As a higher education professional, we have to process students accurately and efficiently, and qualtrics has helped us creatively do this on a number of levels. We also gather and report out on student satisfaction concerns, as well as marketing and needs analyses. The system is extremely versatile, so there are countless applications that can help guide the work we do in higher educational settings. This is a premium product that requires a premium investment from your organization; however, once you've made this investment, you'll find that they have thought of almost everything from an end-user perspective, and have made a very friendly yet robust product, a difficult balance to strike in a competitive industry.

Pros

Customer Service turns out to be a huge part of any user experience, but as a Brand Administrator, I was always getting requests from people in my organization about Qualtrics. I always found them to be readily available and willing to field whatever crazy request I was asking about. There are several high-quality survey and analytics tools on the market, but Qualtrics has really set itself apart by investing heavily into it's customer experience resources (physical, digital, and human) to round out a solid overall experience.

Cons

As an social science research scientist, I found that there are a few "hard coded" defaults in the system that do not really align with common research practice. There are not a ton, but one is the coded values of Likert-type items; because the default setting is Very Satisfied = 1 and Very Disatisfied = 7, I have to customize all of my subsequent items in my surveys to ensure that my averages or "TOP TWO" results meet what I expect. This is not a serious matter in the end because I'm aware of it, but I got burned by this a few times in the past and it cost me a good bit of time.

Prathamesh M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Survey platform with features and functionality with ease of use.

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Overall, Qualtrics is an excellent survey tool. It is standard survey tool for market research firms and universities where the aim to collect data using an interactive yet ease to use platform. Basic data visualization is good for keeping track of the descriptives. Customer support comes at a price though works well if your firm is inclined to make Qualtrics use efficient. Managing multiple projects is a piece of cake for this tool. Making the process effective and efficient is an another benefit. Qualtrics helps researcher to build a solid foundation of a chain of projects that they can lead from a single library. The benefits of Qualtrics overweigh the pros making it an ideal survey tool for researchers. Overall, Qualtrics is highly recommended to users.

Pros

Qualtrics customer experience is a great survey to measure customer satisfaction using the online survey tool. It is very flexible and very functional with a very user friendly layout to help build better surveys for customers and participants. Building surveys is painless and requires minimum knowledge. It is easy to create surveys using the drag and drop option with many features which help you select the question type. In one of the projects that I recently completed I was able to use the semantic differential scale function for understanding how people evaluate a new product concept on its strength and weakness. Other scales are also accessible for other question types. In another project that I completed I did use nominal scale for dichotomous questions, ordinal scale for rank order questions, and likert scale for likeliness questions. It was great experience having so many features available to customize in Qualtrics. Qualtrics allows you to create and store surveys. When you store surveys you can actually store the whole survey as well as store individual sections, blocks, and questions. It is very easy to replicate the sections and blocks from one survey to other. Surveys can be shared between different projects. At my workplace we maintain a shared library with survey templates and we also maintain a personal library for current and former projects. Overall building, storing, and recreating surveys is great feature of qualtrics customer experience.

Cons

Qualtrics is a great tool with features and functionality, but it is sometimes hard for everybody to get a hang of it. Some users require training on certain features, customer support is a great help for those queries, but it comes at an additional cost. Also, the wait times are very long . Qualtrics is a high cost tool and it doesn't have many packages to choose from. Small and midsize research firms should look for low cost basic tools for their surveys if they are not looking for sophisticated solutions. Qualtrics offers wide range of sophisticated solution which includes different type of scale, questions, visualization display etc. Many companies are not interested in such solutions they are happy with basic solution with basic questions which can lead to descriptive statistics. For such firms Qualtrics packages would be expensive. For advance statistics methods like regression, factor analysis, etc. The data analysis and data cleaning options offered by Quatrics are very insufficient. This mainly happens for scientific studies which involve complex multivariate statistics. Sometimes there is an issue with its adaptability with different browsers, we had this issue at our workplace where qualtrics wasn't working that fine with internet explorer. External panel management tools find it hard to integrate with qualtrics and this remains a huge challenge to overcome if an external vendor is used for sample management. Reporting capabilities are very limited to graphs.

Emily H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Qualtrics CustomerXM is a useful and organized platform -- my team and I love it!

Reviewed on 2022/04/24

My overall experience has been great. It's great for productivity and the customer service is wonderful.

Pros

I like that it is an organized and detailed platform; it allows us to efficiently gather and analyze data.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like

Geoffrey F.

"Flexible" and "Adaptable" Platform = Emperor's New Clothes

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

They sold their platform well. The templates and widgets were impressive. The problem: what they called "flexible" and "adaptable" really meant that I had to build everything on my own dashboard ... and these aren't exactly intuitive platforms for the non-expert. I eventually figured out that I was left naked like the emperor--sold an empty idea without substance. And then there's the overall customer service experience--quick to invoice but slow to setup and support. My problems began more than six months ago. I asked to terminate my contract, so they've disabled my account, but they still haven't issued a refund.

Pros

Some of the dashboard tools are impressive.

Cons

This platform is not useful for small- and mid-size businesses, or those using it for unique program solutions. If you hear words like "flexible" and "adaptable" in what they're describing, RUN! They're dashboard is really impressive, but what they don't tell you is that if you aren't using for a standard, pre-set application, then you'll have to build it yourself--and it is by no means intuitive. My small team sat through hours of training before learning that we had to build our own dashboard.

Google Forms and Formstack Forms

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CustomerXM

Ability to provide high-end, advanced evaluation of complex data.
Kenneth H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good for low-medium complexity surveys

Reviewed on 2022/04/13

Overall it's been a very good experience. Easy to pick up and doesn't take very long to master it.

Pros

It's very easy to learn and master. There is good online help available and a lot of user groups.

Cons

I wish it was more customizable. I feel "stuck" in many ways having to use it in a certain way.

• Industry: Banking

We love Qualtrics for CustomerXM

Reviewed on 2021/10/27

Our experience has been great. They were great to work with during our implementation and are always willing to work with us on a project or if we have questions.

Pros

it is easy to use, easy to learn and mostly importantly it is adaptable and customizable.

Cons

Nothing really, the software stands on its own.

Hannah D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Qualtrics - the best for surveys!

Reviewed on 2020/02/08

Qualtrics is, in my opinion, the most capable and flexible software for survey creation. If you have money in the budget, buy this, you will not regret it.

Pros

Qualtrics can be customized in basically an infinite amount of ways. My institution uses qualtrics for everything from very short to very long surveys, research studies, and more. Also, users can customize it so that it has their businesses logo/color. It can be 100% personalized.

Cons

I have not found anything I dislike about qualities. It works perfectly for me as both a survey-taker and a creator.

Google Forms and SurveyMonkey Audience

Reasons for Switching to Qualtrics CustomerXM

Qualtrics has WAY more options you can use to customize the experience. It's so worth the money.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Makes surveys simple

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

Qualtrics is very user friendly and has a clean, organized interface. It gives every survey a look of professionalism. It also streamlines the data collection process.

Cons

The cost of renewing every year can be a deterrent

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

very intuitive tool for building surveys

Reviewed on 2022/04/15

I'm a superfan - I love working with their survey tool and dashboards. Also whenenver I need help, I contact their support - the Utah team is always super helpful and friendly. I have heard the Europe support team isn't as friendly ... I think that might be a cultural thing when it comes to customer service.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to build surveys - also huge fan of their dashboard. I have most fun building my dashboard so I can track results - and then take screenshots of the graphs to put in my presentations. They always continue to improve their user features too.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints - they are always evolving their product to be more user-friendly with useful features.

Eduardo L.

Qualtrics CustomerXM for varied uses

Reviewed on 2022/05/17

Overall the buying the Qualtrics CustomerXM software greatly improved management in our office and made it easier to direct complaints and/or compliments directly to those who can solve them. It is also very interesting to see the meta data in real time.

Pros

- Ease of Use
- Slick and simple interface, making it easy for anyone to use the software
- Real time answers from surveys

Cons

- Relatively High cost of implementation
- System-wide glitches are not uncommon
- Some surveys don't come directly through to you.
- Minor bugs that affects usability (frozen pages, but this is rare).

Daniel D.

Qualtrics has potential to be one of the best survey platforms, but we encounter bugs often.

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Pros

Qualtrics's ability to support embedded data and merge fields within email invitations. Large variety of question types and branching logic. We can use embedded data to remember how a contact responded to a previous survey and help with sample selection to drive valuable market insights.

The data visualizations through Vocalize dashboards. We were able to set up NPS dashboards for each department in our Sales and Service team. We also have tabs for each Salesperson.

Ticket management helps with documentation of actions performed on survey respondents that responded negatively. Assigning them to a team was easy and intuitive.

Cons

The Qualtrics Sales team was not transparent and reluctant to share our individual SLA when I was a new member of the team. I spotted inconsistencies in our quote such as response count and module access (Marketo and Tableau). Our response count was set to 5000 when our quote was for 6500. They fixed that when I pointed it out. Marketo was enabled when in their documentation it is described as an add-on feature. They disabled it to their benefit when I pointed it out. Tableau was disabled when in our Brand Administrator User Type permissions it is checked green for Enabled, but we do not have access to it according to our Sales account representative. Since Qualtrics works by quote and not by packaged licenses, it is difficult to pinpoint which individual modules we have access to. It is by the Qualtrics Sales team's discretion.

For a large portion of our license, SMS was a feature that was not accessible due to technical issues between Twilio and Qualtrics. It was fixed a couple months before our license expired. They did not describe what went wrong and presented the solution in a black box.

Qualtrics does not support printing individual tickets. Ticket exports do not include Comments made by our team. The reply feature within a ticket does not actually send out emails.

Vocalize dashboard email exports are inconsistent (about 50/60 successfully sent out each week). The other dashboards encounter errors when attempting to manually download.

Andrea L.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Friendly, complete and functional

Reviewed on 2020/09/12

It is a powerful software, intuitive in many aspects, the surveys have a level of customization of flows, jumps, embedded data that I think is great and super necessary to customize the studies according to your audience. It has allowed me to organize my work as an Customer Voice Analyst and make contact with my clients more personalized and accurate, in addition to facilitating the work of analyzing responses and obtaining good conclusions, numerically and graphically. It is definitely an enhancer with all its functionalities and that is why I hope you continue to develop some requests that are very necessary to continue exploiting the potential of this tool.

Pros

It is so specific for digital contact with clients in many forms, RRSS, email, SMS, QR, and both personalized and anonymous links. It is very versatile and that allows you to develop different plans to reach the contacts. I am also surprised by the functionalities for text analysis, it really reduces the difficulty of processing open answers without strictly doing one by one review, it is intuitive although the accuracy must be fine-tuned.

Cons

Although I like and it is super useful its reports and dashboards, I would like to have more customization capacity, file formats to export results, and graphics or visualizations in reports and dashboards. It is very limited and generally difficult to distribute CSVs without first having to manually "clean" them. I would like to have a more standard excel format. It also happens to me with metrics, although the formula editor is a bit cumbersome, and the text analysis, although it seems advanced to me, I think that some filter levels are missing due to feelings of themes and general feelings, to make the revisions that a Sometimes the algorithm may fail.

• Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Top-of-the-line product with solid customer support

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

I have almost always had positive experiences with Support (95% of the time). Typically they are happy to help you figure out the best way to do things and/or triage unforeseen issues. However, those working the Chat function can be slow and/or less knowledgeable (? - or less willing to help) and I have been told to call instead if I want a response in less than 30 minutes. Qualtrics Support also used to provide some help with custom coding, but that is no longer an option, which was a big loss to my team. The few downfalls are usually made-up for by Support, if not other Qualtrics users on their Community boards and/or the extensive how-to documentation Qualtrics makes available on their site.

Pros

No other survey platform provides as many features and options as Qualtrics! You can easily program many different question structures, customize the look and feel, set the survey flow to optimize participant experience, create and use embedded data to improve survey logic and/or avoid having to re-join participant characteristics to exported results, set emails to trigger to an individual or contact list upon survey completion, use their library of questions and/or create your own to use in multiple surveys, easily see, edit, and export data/results... there's too much to mention!

Cons

At times Qualtrics experiences "hiccups" and randomly refreshes, which can result in losing some programming if it has not been saved. The Reports functionality is also slow to load and not as easy to use as the rest of the software - I still choose to export the data and create my own visualizations.

Adrian T.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 1+ year

Favorite Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I used Qualtrics primary for smile sheets - quick surveys to get collect feedback from training participants. I found it to be extremely user friendly, and it is now the tool I wish my current employer used.

Pros

I found Qualtrics to be extremely user friendly. The only "training" my former employer had available for this tool was a link to a 30-minute YouTube video, which I found to be entirely unnecessary. The interface was very straightforward, I appreciated the drag-n-drop functionality for moving questions up/down in order, and copying/reusing entire surveys or questions was a breeze.

Cons

I felt that the reporting layout, while visually compelling, was a bit clunky though I haven't used the tool lately. The ability to create reports from the data output is, in my opinion, one of the most important parts of any survey tool. I did like that it was relatively easy to get data back out of the system. Also, while Qualtrics provides a nice variety of pre-built survey templates for business, at the time I was a regular user, I needed it for higher education and found the templates to be less relative. The good news is that it makes survey creation so easy that it didn't take long to build my own reusable templates.

Jed W.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good platform, good support, and lots of features

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Pros

Their support site is very detailed with easy to read articles, user-submitted Q&A forum, and online basecamp with video tutorials. Very easy to start building a survey and distributing it. The built-in reporting features and dashboards are easy to set up and use. They have a lot of suggestions on best practices to make the surveys most effective. They have several features and partners that you can add on once you start moving beyond the basics.

Cons

There have been occasions where I'm forced to log in again because it timed out, but I was in the middle of using it. The text analytics needs some training to get the correct sentiment for your specific responses, but the more it learns the more accurate it becomes, just takes a bit of time. Sometimes if I update a group of responses or embedded data it will take a long time to completely refresh. Configuring the data set and embedded data can get tricky sometimes so that it displays correctly on the dashboards.

Richard G.

A Thankful PhD Student

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

I like its intuitiveness; the clever anticipation of what I would most likely want to happen next and the bringing of it to fruition. Here's a simple but elegant example: I want to change a question number but the question is the trigger to a branch chain sequence. If I change the number, will it affect the branch logic which would mean tons more work? Answer: No! The program automatically changes the identification number in the branch chain sequence thereby saving time and effort.

Cons

Because of the vast number of options available in one's survey development, it takes some time to get used to the software's full functionality. That can be a little off-putting when one is anxious to get on with the project at hand. However, patience opens up a wide variety of tools and choices to enhance one's project...and a bit of experimentation can also reveal interesting and novel techniques to make the presentation look and feel better.

Virginia M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Interactive dashboards have gotten our consumers excited about data!

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

This makes it so easy to share data with consumers in a way they can understand and use. There is tremendous flexibility with the software as far as chart types, formatting, and user permissions. Plus, it's fast and easy to learn, especially with online training and customer service available.

Pros

Qualtrics Vocalize makes it easy for me to share data with exactly the people who need to see it, and interactive filters give them flexibility to view exactly the data they want. There are many different chart types to choose from bar graphs, line graphs, tables, gauge charts, and word clouds, just to name a few of my favorites! I can assign permissions by user attribute or data field to show as much or as little data as necessary. The formatting options also allow me to choose colors and fonts to match my company brand, which is a huge plus.

Cons

I feel limited when it comes to doing advanced calculations (simple calculations are no problem). There is not a built-in feature to show response rates though sometimes this is possible to do with a calculation.

Qualtrics product review

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

My organization is focused on higher education and we work with thousands of students. We use Qualtrics to conduct all types of surveys, including teaching assessments, course evaluations, evaluations of faculty (students' comments), as well as surveys about student experience. Qualtrics allows us to design surveys that allow us to capture data in the most effective way, the surveys look professional, and data collection and data analysis is done easily and can be easily shared with colleagues in other departments.

Pros

Our organization has been using Qualtrics for more than 10 years now. We use it while working with students, creating all types of surveys and conducting research projects. The best features include: 1) ability to copy the previous surveys which becomes very helpful and important when you work with complex surveys; 2) logic of the survey and ability to use the masked answer choices. This option is extremely helpful while working with the matrix-type questions, allowing you to modify and present the answer choices based on the answers to the previous questions. 3) The way we can view and download the data. Excellent options to see data from different perspectives, and use it in the reports.

Cons

We found that depending on each individual's (staff) knowledge and experience, some people found it a little bit intimidating. My suggestion would be to make sure you have at least one person who is very experience (or well trained) in this product, who can then provide training and support to others.

Sarah T.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Qualtrics has been awesome since implementation with their continued stellar customer service.

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

The platform is beautifully organized. The surveys themselves are customizable and look great on a PC or a mobile phone (the mobile capability is a definite plus!). Importing and exporting data is easy, scheduling messages and reminders is a streamlined process, and the dashboards, although sometimes tricky to master, can show data in a variety of ways. Also, their customer service is far & away the best of any software program I've used!

Cons

There are only a couple things I can think of. The inability to copy dashboards is a huge setback when you have to come up with a few different dashboards for different roles but you want them all to have the same setup and historical data connected. The favorability scales could be expanded to include more Likert Scale options rather than just having Favorable, Neutral, and Unfavorable.

Charlie R.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

The most fluid and easy-to-use experience platform available

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

From the initial tool selection process through contract negotiations, configuration, and ongoing support, Qualtrics has separated themselves from the pack with their extremely high-quality product. I would highly recommend this product to any organization searching for a survey/customer experience tool.

Pros

With our business, we needed a survey/experience tool that was extremely customizable, yet easy to use for our operational teams. With one or two exceptions, Qualtrics has been able to handle every use case that we've thrown at it with an extremely east to use interface. We have successfully automated 90%+ of our customer-facing operational workflows with this tool.

Cons

As with any SaaS solution, there were a few periods of intermittent performance. This was, however, immediately recognized and remedied by their top-notch support team.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I've been using Qualtrics at work for several years & couldn't be happier with it.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

It's intuitive & customer support is EXCELLENT. I recently had a problem involving student survey recipients getting an error message when trying to complete a survey. Basically, if a student was repeating a course, he/she was getting an error message that they had already completed the survey (the previous semester) & therefore couldn't do it again. I checked the Support database, couldn't find an answer, then contacted Support directly. Their response was fast & solved the problem. I fixed the issue in several surveys where students were experiencing that problem, & now I can tell faculty members that it's no longer an issue.

Cons

I didn't like the new interface at first, but now I like it better than the old one. "Panel" was changed to "Contacts," which is much more intuitive, and the "Share Survey" icon was changed to the one that looks like a "V" on its side, like in my smart phone. Aligning these simple things in Qualtrics with the technology I use everyday on my mobile device makes Qualtrics much easier to use. I think it also makes it easier for faculty members whose surveys I work on because they don't use Qualtrics as often as I do, but they have to collaborate with me & check response rates to make sure their students are complying with the survey policy.

Anna J.

Great Research Tool

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

We are collecting large amounts of data that we no longer have to enter by hand. It has saved us hundreds of manpower hours.

Pros

Easy to deliver surveys to research participants. Best part is tat data is automatically recorded for you so the need for any data entry by hand, virtually eliminating the chance of human error.

Cons

Setting up surveys/questionnaires on the admin side still leaves a bit to be desired. I have worked in research for 10+ years and often find it difficult to get the interface to do exactly what I want. Particularly, it is impossible to upload a Word document and have it publish a survey you have already written. It seems like that should be such an easy feature to provide.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Highly flexible and adaptable platform, backed by strong support

Reviewed on 2018/07/22

- Solid support
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong integration with CRM (Salesforce)

Pros

- We get very quick responses and solid support from the Qualtrics team
- The platform is quite flexible and adaptable to our needs
- We have a lot of control over much of the platform, which enables us to respond quickly when required
- It integrates extremely well with our CRM (Salesforce)

Cons

Some expected features isn't available (yet) e.g. ability to use customised "from" field for emails but I can imagine more featuresets will be added as Qualtrics continue to grow

Ramya P.
  • Used for 1+ year

Secure survey management platform

Reviewed on 2021/07/26

We conduct trainings for journalists and use Qualtrics to get anonymized feedback and suggestions and to conduct pre-test, post-test and follow-up surveys. For this, multi-modal administration is important- including through emails and through personal messages. Qualtrics lets you track this infomration.

Pros

-Data presentation- visuals, reports, spreadsheet
-Personalized and blinded survey links
-Automated features to send survey timed reminders through different channels
-Automated features to customize and send Thank you notes.

Cons

Pricey- We use it through institutional license.

Stephanie C.
  • Industry: Banking

Good tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

We use Qualtrics for our Customer Experience program and Employee Experience programs.
We are running the NPS measures since several years and are looking at developping our transactional experience program.
For our Employee Experience, we run an annual Engagement survey with Qualtrics.

Pros

- dashboard capability
- data analysis
- survey building

Cons

It's not always intuitive.
It's built by Americans for American customers (ex: in Europe we need extra step to manipulate, upload, download CSV due to format differences)
Text analysis could be improved (too generic and inaccurate categorisation)
Reporting capabilities are limited in comparison to what is possible in dashboarding.
Pricing are not alsways scalable when you'd like to share broadly access to dashboards.
Frequency rules with SFDC Integration is not straight forward and is particularly difficult to get a clear understanding from support.