Qualtrics CustomerXM

Customer experience management (CXM) platform

Bryce H.

Great Product, Great People

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

As a higher education professional, we have to process students accurately and efficiently, and qualtrics has helped us creatively do this on a number of levels. We also gather and report out on student satisfaction concerns, as well as marketing and needs analyses. The system is extremely versatile, so there are countless applications that can help guide the work we do in higher educational settings. This is a premium product that requires a premium investment from your organization; however, once you've made this investment, you'll find that they have thought of almost everything from an end-user perspective, and have made a very friendly yet robust product, a difficult balance to strike in a competitive industry.

Pros

Customer Service turns out to be a huge part of any user experience, but as a Brand Administrator, I was always getting requests from people in my organization about Qualtrics. I always found them to be readily available and willing to field whatever crazy request I was asking about. There are several high-quality survey and analytics tools on the market, but Qualtrics has really set itself apart by investing heavily into it's customer experience resources (physical, digital, and human) to round out a solid overall experience.

Cons

As an social science research scientist, I found that there are a few "hard coded" defaults in the system that do not really align with common research practice. There are not a ton, but one is the coded values of Likert-type items; because the default setting is Very Satisfied = 1 and Very Disatisfied = 7, I have to customize all of my subsequent items in my surveys to ensure that my averages or "TOP TWO" results meet what I expect. This is not a serious matter in the end because I'm aware of it, but I got burned by this a few times in the past and it cost me a good bit of time.

Tito P.

Easy to Deploy, Great Data Gathering tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Our organization has been better able to gather necessary data from our patrons which has allowed for more informed decisions making on many aspects of the school district over the past few years.

Pros

Our organization enjoys the amount of visual data this software provides for us. We are easily able to deploy data gathering tools, like surveys, and get a quick real time overall view of the data. It is also easily broken down.

Cons

I think the price point is a little high for the value we get out of it. The software itself is easy to use to no real complaints other than the price.

Virginia M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Interactive dashboards have gotten our consumers excited about data!

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

This makes it so easy to share data with consumers in a way they can understand and use. There is tremendous flexibility with the software as far as chart types, formatting, and user permissions. Plus, it's fast and easy to learn, especially with online training and customer service available.

Pros

Qualtrics Vocalize makes it easy for me to share data with exactly the people who need to see it, and interactive filters give them flexibility to view exactly the data they want. There are many different chart types to choose from bar graphs, line graphs, tables, gauge charts, and word clouds, just to name a few of my favorites! I can assign permissions by user attribute or data field to show as much or as little data as necessary. The formatting options also allow me to choose colors and fonts to match my company brand, which is a huge plus.

Cons

I feel limited when it comes to doing advanced calculations (simple calculations are no problem). There is not a built-in feature to show response rates though sometimes this is possible to do with a calculation.

Twila A.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Qualtrics - Powerful software, worth the learning curvey

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

I think our respondents have liked the quality of the product and trust it more rather than the free products on the market. Security and confidentiality have been a big concern and our teams have responded well to our Qualtrics surveys.

Pros

Qualtrics gives users options in setting up the data collected and cutting that data. Although it's more time consuming to learn the ins and outs, it's worth it for the extra functionality. The mobile app has been extremely helpful in generating more responses.

Cons

I've had a problem in a previous organization of our "anonymous" survey not being completely anonymous. It is easy to control, but you have to be aware that there is a backdoor way of connecting survey data to the respondents.

Veronica H.

A good experience

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

it's touch and go, it really depends on the representative that you get and with whom you chat

Pros

It is very easy to use and customise; company listens to customer feedback in terms of features and capabilities; it gets the job done

Cons

it's reporting and graphing capabilities, they are too basic.

Matthew B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great Survey Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Overall qualtrics has been my go to survey tool to capture data from my stakeholders. This is a well-thought out to that helps me capture the data I need to be more effective as a consultant.

Pros

Qualtrics provides a unique level of flex-ability and design features when it comes to creating a survey. Additionally really like how easy it is to dump the data results into a variety of other programs from additional analysis / validation. This is my go to software when I need to capture a wide range of data from my stakeholders.

Cons

When it comes to customizing the aesthetics of a survey, it is a little bit cumbersome. The UI as it relates to customization, could use some moderate tweaking.

Best Tech Support Experience I've Ever Had

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

The support technician was very patient and clearly articulated steps to resolve my concern even though I could not clearly state what I was trying to do. The tech helped brainstorm solutions, tested it out for me, and provided additional considerations that I did not ask about so my decisions would be as informed as possible. Best tech support experience I've ever had and I used to work at an inbound tech support center for another company!

Pros

The software is very user friendly and intuitive.

Cons

A couple features were not available at the question level, just the block level.

Amy S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Qualtrics Customer Service Humans are amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

The best part is finding the number to call for help. There is lots of help online as well, but every now and then you just need a human. And their humans are great--patient, knowledgeable, friendly and supportive.
An overall very positive experience.

Pros

Qualtrics is a powerful survey tool that is pretty easy to use with a lot of functionality.

Cons

I don't have any cons...once I found answers to my questions, my little problems were solved.

Krupa P.
  • Industry: Insurance

User Experience

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

Great experience overall and the support team is very helpful!

Pros

For the most part easy to use but for things like skip logic, etc. takes time to understand the complex features that are available and can be built to optimize creation of survey. Would be helpful to have descriptions that are provided when hoovering over features so we know what it is and how we can use it.

Cons

Not as customizable from a design perspective as I would have liked (e.g., appearance of scales or not being able to adjust position of wording when using sliders). More complicated to update "look and feel" of template and overall survey

Tami B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Amazing customer support! I was so impressed with the experience and support I received.

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Customer support when I don't know how to do something myself

Pros

Generally, I find Qualtrics to be pretty intuitive, but for things that are more complex, the Customer Support team is phenomenal!

Cons

Not having a multi e-signature functionally - I'm hoping this is in the pipeline of things to add, as this could really help us minimize the number of extra surveying we have to do.

Jayant R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Best thing for an amazing questionairre

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Good for academic and complex questionnaires but if you are looking for something simple, go with google forms

Pros

This is the best website for creating academic questionnaires. I have used it tons of times. It gives you a comprehensive analysis of the results

Cons

It definitely needs training and know-how. I would like to see more user-friendly features and environment

• Used Other for 1+ year

I have used Qualtrics when answering surveys from different companies as a customer

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

I like that the surveys are generally short and are offered soon after I use a product or go to a restaurant etc. I think the formatting of the surveys are nice and they are generally easy to navigate.

Cons

I have not had many negative experiences with this program. The only suggestion I would have is you cannot generally go back to a survey at a later time and all answers must be submitted all at once. It would be nice to be able to save your answers should something come up.

Yahemn B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

It was great, personnel is very attentive

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

An excellent customer experience, varied reports and excellent tools for analysis.

Pros

The platform is easy to navigate and also Qualtrics provides accessible tools and resources to use.

Cons

The platform doesn't have the undo button, so sometimes you lose any changes that you want to consider back.

• Industry: Higher Education

Functional, easy to use survey tool for rigorous research.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Survey research.

Pros

That I can design any kind of survey or assessment imaginable and for distribution on multiple platforms.

Cons

That the panels they supply for purchase are not cheaper. Most of the quotes I have received are well over the level per respondent.

Qualtrics Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Great they are prompt in answering your queries.

Pros

Valuable features which no other platform has. One and all integrated tool for in-depth research.

Cons

Nothing to add here. I have tried to find it but all in vain.

Adam T.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Phenominal tool...definite learning curve to be able to build dashboard, but a massive time...

Reviewed on 2017/08/28

the ability to cut and view NPS data using embedded data...by date, class, facilitator, etc.

Pros

once a dashboard is built, it makes seeing the data almost effortless - immediately. very easy to filter to get what you need

Cons

probably pricing - very expensive on a per user, annual basis...for a tool that I would consider essential to anyone who collects any amount of continuous data within a survey

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

It's not always easy to do exactly what you want with the software, but there is always a way.

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

I use it for Surveys and as a make-shift crowdsourcing platform.

Pros

Great support staff, very friendly and dedicated to helping you find solutions
End user gets a great experience.

Cons

Some things I would like to use it for require complex workarounds, wish they would solve some of them with updates or new features.

Brendon R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Optimize customer/employee experiences

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Great company with a great prodcut. I'd definitely recommend.

Pros

This is simply the best software for monitoring customer/employee experience. At our company, we regularly send out surveys to keep track of the ever-changing opinions of our customers and employees. This is the simplest way to do so.

Cons

On two occasions I've reached out to technical support and waited on hold for 10+ minutes. The software is great but the customer support could use a little work.

Miriam J.

User for science research

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

It is a great tool for centralizing information. I am able to take surveys while not being online or using wi-fi, and I am able to upload them later.

Pros

It is easy to add comments and upload pictures

Cons

the user can not see the information being uploaded. I am able to see how many logs I have uploaded but not which ones.

Courtney C.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

It has given me the ease of distributing a survey to many members easily with so many options to choose from. I was able to make any type of question I wanted with the ability to add "if" "and" "or" functions. The software is connected to my university so I had an easy "single sign-on" and was the only site (out of nearly 10 others) that provided everything I needed. Anytime I had a question I called and got connected to someone within minutes. The staff is super friendly and guided me through the steps I needed to take to get where I wanted. Overall the best survey/ questionnaire experience I have ever had.

Cons

It was a little confusion to understand how to view responses. Also pretty time consuming to write up the questions with the functions.

Clarence W.

bad hold on the phone

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

easy usage, to get what you want is a step by step process. the training Qualtrics supplied our project manger They made my problem simple.

Cons

There was no fault I could fine, if I have to have hundred words this is going to be crazy if there is no con there is no con. I did not like having to make things up to complete this survey.

Great Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Pros

Used the corporate license for Qualtrics, it is very intuitive to create the survey and distribute.
It generates great visual analytic reports which can directly be incorporated in the presentations

Cons

Themes are little difficult to configure and does not have the file upload option as a response.

Jason C.

Qualtrics is absolutely first-rate, both as a product AND as a company dedicated to customer...

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Allows me to construct a survey exactly how I want it to function. But more important, the customer service is absolutely first-rate!

Cons

When constructing the survey , it is a little bit clunkier than it seems like it needs to be (lots of clicking). Also, the "new" look seems to make accessing things and creating surveys to be more inefficient.

• Used Other for 1+ year

Qualtrics for data collection and display

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

Easy to use, can collect and sort data quickly and make charts and graphs which are easy to understand.

Cons

I have never had a problem using qualtrics.

Aleksandr Y.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Good survey, great support

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

getting feedback from customers after field support engineer visit.

Pros

The support staff blew me away. Contacted support over chat and phone five or six times. The wait time was very short. It was under 3 min every time I contacted support. Very knowledgeable staff. They knew how to fix my issue as soon as I explained what I need. Impressed.

Cons

The survey cannot go back in the loop if I want to use the same questions multiple times. I used Survey Flow, but it was somewhat cumbersome and not as easy as survey when you just go to the next question after each response. But I have to admit that my survey is somewhat convoluted.