Synder

4,8 (228)
Smart management of e-commerce/online payments in accounting

Sha lynn S.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Great Platform Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Great!! I will continue to work with it to perfect my process and make the automation smoother

Pros

I really like the platform. Clean imports. It was refreshing compared to other platforms I have tried. And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the tech, is just a chat away and super helpful.

Cons

Needs a few features added. Like classes for PayPal

Deb H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Useful product, great customer service

Reviewed on 2021/09/16

It's taking a little while to learn, but customer service has been excellent. They're available and helpful by chat, so I've received all the information I've asked about. I've chatted with several people who were helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was patient and worked hard to answer all my questions.

Pros

It connects sales from multiple platforms to QBO and has the option to roll back the sync, which gives you the chance to fix errors and resync correctly.

Cons

It's somewhat complicated to set up. All products and services must be set up exactly as you want them in POS systems and QBO, so it takes a while to iron out the kinks. Run it in small batches to see how the sync sends information to your P&L.

Colleen B.
  • Industry: Sports

Recommend Snyder for nonprofit accounting

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

The syncing has saved a lot of time, energy, and money for our nonprofit.

Pros

Ease of syncing donations through Stripe to Quickbooks to make accounting and reconciliation easier.

Cons

Some of the settings can be tricky to perfect so the transactions show up how we want in Quickbooks. With time and some adjustments we have fixed the issues.

Kelly adams A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Absolute scam of a service [SENSITIVE CONTENT] you have a lot to answer for

Reviewed on 2022/01/19

Absolutely horrible kept the Fees the software does not work and is unfit for purpose

Pros

Kept my money refused to assist loess about why they can’t refund and they constantly hide behind this
Not professional
Not trustworthy
A pitiful company
Terrible software

Cons

I hate these people and the software is a joke

Rodrigo R.

Amazing Support

Reviewed on 2021/10/19

Pros

Synder has a team that can speak to you instantly via the live chat or you can even request a call/Zoom meeting. Accounting can be very time-sensitive and it has been of crucial importance to have the Synder support team available for me when it is really necessary. Shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for his support and patience in helping me deal with a multi-channel issue regarding Amazon FBA, shopify, and many other platforms. We figured it out after several meetings and he was right there to help along the way.

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons to share other than the fact that it can be a bit tricky to set up everything perfectly if you have several sales channels. But, the point of this is to stick through it, to set it all up, and then you don't have to worry about accounting headaches down the line.

Robert M.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great for reconciliation

Reviewed on 2021/08/12

While the initial setup was difficult, Vita really took the time to help me figure out a clever ways to sync my refunds the way that I wanted to. Now I am expecting it to be a breeze!

Pros

Does what I need it to do with bank reconciliation and auto-categorization

Cons

I though it would be a little easier to set up. It took a long time to figure out how to put refunds in a different category than just the same product sales category as the revenue goes into. This is due to our refunds category being set up as an income rather than expense category with a negative balance

John W.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Easy to verify transactions

Reviewed on 2021/12/04

Great customer support!! Helpful and patient.

Pros

The searching through transactions is easy to do when investigating payments.

Cons

There is one month per year when we exceed our number of synchs in our plan. Would like to pay one month extra for 50-100 more synchs.

Sholom E.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Ease of use!

Reviewed on 2021/12/30

Pleasure to deal with, and amazing support team!

Pros

Integrating our QuickBooks with authorize.NET was a game changer! it says hours of work and also saves us a lot of money.

Cons

If there was something negative about this software I would tell you - This software is amazing!

Marc J.

Synder is awesome

Reviewed on 2021/12/10

Excellent

Pros

The level of detail is fantastic very useful

Cons

Needs some additional information about the setup process to make it easier

Douglas S.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Excellent syncing

Reviewed on 2021/12/17

Pros

Seamless syncing between payment platforms (Stripe, Square and PayPal). Saves me tons of time.

Cons

Limited syncs for historical data. It would be nice to be able to purchase additional credits initially to provide historical data.

Scott K.

Synder App - They Do One Thing and Do It Well

Reviewed on 2021/04/09

It was excellent. We went from a Quickbooks Desktop workflow that included emails/post-its to a fully streamlined, automated workflow. While we could have stayed with Quickbooks Desktop, we shifted to Quickbooks Online with little or no effort on the Synder app.

Pros

Loved the flexibility of the application to act as a conduit for our transactions. Support staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were fantastic to help us through testing and onboarding.

They support multiple transactional sources.

Cons

We had some glitches at first and had some display issues using various browsers. The support staff helped to rectify the issues and kept us in the loop throughout the process.

Jamie S.

Synder Invoicing

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

We implemented synder to allow us to invoice multi-currencies and give customers the ability to pay by credit card. This has made our AR operations much more efficient!

Pros

The real time sync and integration with quickbooks

Cons

We hope to be able to customize our invoice email with our logo

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Synder

Synder has features that we needed to give our customers a better experience to pay their invoices

Bitrix24

Reasons for Switching to Synder

The integration with quickbooks and the easy to use interface
Michael F.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 2021/08/09

Buy and setting up the product was extremely easy, support so far has been exceptional, but I am also realizing that I am just scratching the surface on what Synder all can do for us. As our business grows, I am sure I'll find new/additional value add from the platform.

Pros

We currently primarily rely on Quickbooks for our administration but use Synder to consolidate sales from four platforms (Etsy, Amazon, Square, and Paypal) in to a single administration. Synder grooms the data before we receive it into Quickbooks. The product works really well and when I ran into problems (twice) tech support was really supportive and left no stone unturned to resolve my issues.
At first I was nervous to spend the money for our starting business but by now they have proven to be worth every penny.

Cons

The pricing for Synder is transaction based, which by itself is a pretty clever pricing model. As a new user I started syncing records before I had all the product mappings figured out. Now that I am deeper into the product I realize I need to go back and rerun historic transactions to resolve to the right products in QuickBooks Inventory management

Michael W.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I recommend Synder for Stripe Transactions

Reviewed on 2021/02/13

I am happy with the service and the application

Pros

Once setup it helps transfer Stripe raw transaction data into Quickbooks Desktop software. It saves me a lot of time.

Cons

It took awhile to setup the app. However, I had great customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She helped me quite a bit to get things working.

Matthew N.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Synder keeps winning my heart over again

Reviewed on 2020/12/31

Not to overstate.. my overall experience with Synder is exceptional. Both with the software and customer support. I consider myself an advanced user, and when I ran into an issue this morning, Lizzie helped me solve the issue quickly over chat.

Pros

I can manage multiple client connections under my single login. Once set up, each account runs on auto-pilot. I use Synder to process 300+ transactions currently, all of which I'd have to manually process without the software.

Cons

Minor user preferences could be improved, such as having an option for a longer period before being automatically logged out.

Don S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Synder sync is very powerful and helps sync Stripe and QBO

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

the sync process is nice and they are dilligent to get the sync right and work with you as a client

Pros

This is a very good sync app that syncs with Stripe or Square to QBO. I have used it on both platforms with two different companies I do bookwork for. One is about 500 transactions per month from Stripe and the other is about 100 transactions or less. But it is very nice in that the app sync process sets up the customer in QBO that had the sale over in Square or Stripe. You don’t have to do all that legwork. And you can rollback a transactions or cancel the sync at any time or try a sync then roll it back. Very useful.
I used the competition and couldn’t get any tech support and gave up and tried this company out and am very pleased. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been very helpful in helping get my client companies setup and track down problems in the sync process. Highly recommend.

Cons

took a while to get synced and all setup, client accounts take a while to get configured correctly if you are an accountant providing this service it is a little rough

Erika N.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

I needed to automatize the entry from Stripe to QBO to avoid the manual entry and bank fee reclassification. Synder take care everything for me and the reconciliation is very easy.

Pros

Easy to set up and connect to QBO and support is fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is wonderful and have a lot knowledge about the software and how works. He take care my issue immediately and show me how make the corrections etc.

Cons

I like everything. I don't have any that i don't like

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Synder

I needed to automatize the entry from Stripe to QBO to avoid the manual entry and bank fee reclassification. Synder take care everything for me.
Vladimir K.

Love this software

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

We've been using this app for 1.5 years and love it. It takes about 5 minutes to make an initial set up. No headache in the future. We're syncing all our Woocommerce orders with QB (both Stripe and PayPal payments).

And support... It's so fast and efficient! A guy named [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
solved my issue in literally 2 minutes! I got the answer instantly. WOW!

Pros

- fast set up
- worth the price
- easy to use
- multiple settings
- syncs both Stripe and PayPal
- awesome support

Cons

I haven't found any in 1.5 years. Maybe they should keep expanding and adding new services. However, it's an opportunity and not a con.

Lori B.

Customer Service / Support

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Overall I am happy with this service

Pros

I hate any kind of technical software issues and when I have trouble, or questions, I LOVE your customer support. Tonight, I was able to use a chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he answered all my questions quickly and efficiently and solved my problem right away. I appreciate you hiring wonderful people like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to help me thru things like tonight's issue which are so frustrating for me.

Cons

Sometimes I get emails or corespondence that is not intuitive to me. I wish things were worded more "idiot proof" so that a layman can understand it. I make jewelry .... I am not an IT person.

Will H.

The best product for Quickbooks Online

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Overall experience with Synder has been great! I would recommend this product to anyone using Quickbooks Online and selling products with Shopify or other supported platforms.

Pros

The software works great, saves me lots of time with completing the sales reconciliations for my clients e-commerce sales deposits (Shopify). The support team is great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped me with a variety of stuck points and has solved my problems very quickly and taught me how to better use the software along the way.

Cons

The only suggestion I would make is to have a accountant portal developed similar to how QBO and receipt bank have, so that the client files/transaction data is more clearly separate. That being said I run multiple clients and have had zero issues with it.

Michele T.
  • Industry: Music

Synder review

Reviewed on 2021/09/01

Pros

This app syncs all of our Stripe payments into QBO in nearly real-time. Would recommend for that efficiency and accuracy alone.

Cons

The subscription price is high if you don't have a lot of transactions. Also, recently there's a fraud prevention charge added to every Stripe transaction, so if you have 100 syncs a month, that covers only 50 transactions, whereas before the fraud prevention charge was added, that would cover 100 transactions.

Jadelyne T.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Excellent Tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/11

Absolutely love the ease of use. I had my clients Stripe transactions into QuickBooks Online within minutes.

Pros

I never even knew a such thing existed. I initially went back and forth between QuickBooks and my clients Stripe account. Once Business Payments was referred to me by a fellow bookkeeper I immediately downloaded it, and I will definitely keep using it for myself and other clients.

Cons

When I initially downloaded this product for my client, I needed to sync a few months of transactions--exceeding the 50 transaction sync limit. The organization is so small that going forward the 50 transaction limit will suffice, however, just for my initial setup I would have liked to be given a little more. Perhaps a first time user bonus?

Hafsah B.

Excellent Customer Support!!

Reviewed on 2021/05/04

Pros

I am a new user of this product, and recently had some trouble with the syncing of the transactions across the different platforms. I reached out to the help desk and was connected with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She was such a massive help, and constantly guided me through the entire process of fixing all the errors that had been building up for months. She spent days going through our company transaction reports trying to identify the errors and was wonderfully patient to deal with.
Just wanted to give [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] a massive shoutout for being so great to work with!

Cons

I didn't know the product well enough before, and found it slightly confusing to sync up with my quickbooks. It was hard for me to identify the cause of error, and where it existed.
Overall i am happy with the product, after having my issues resolved.

Enid N.

Intuit should be grateful this company exists

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Compared to the desktop version, Quickbooks online is a hot mess. It is probably fabulous for a tiny business or individual entrepreneur. But our online educational non-profit is obviously far too complicated for their programmers. Our transactions are through PayPal, Square, and Stripe. With the online version of Quickbooks - you cannot get a good import from these major providers unless you purchase Synder. At least the programmers at Synder know how to get it done and get it done right. Every question I have asked has been immediately answered with the right information that I needed. The program itself works like a charm.

Pros

As I told [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the last time I asked for his help importing PayPal and Stripe - This service is the only reason I'm not on tranquilizers while trying to work with Quickbooks online. The Synder app is logical, well thought out and works - in other words, everything that Quickbooks online is not.

Cons

At the moment I'm so grateful it exists I cannot think of a con.

Michael M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Simple Time Saver

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Importing/Posting Stripe activity into QBO for my client.

Pros

The ease of setup. The fact you can import past transactions to save hours of time.

Cons

I have not found anyting yet - just started using.

Zapier and Stripe