Showing 37 reviews of 27

Business Importer

Import accounting transactions into QuickBooks/Sage/Xero

Showing 37 reviews of 27
Denise L.

Great app and great customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Pros

I have been using Business Importer for quite some time now (over a year) and I have to say, it's an amazing app for Quickbooks. All the annoying things that Quickbooks can't do (mass uploads, mass deletions etc.) Business Importer does it for you. Also, the customer service team is great! They respond immediately and are able to solve fairly unique and complex issues. Rep. (the one I spoke to today) was great, and was very knowledgeable. He fixed the issues we had pretty quickly, which is always very much appreciated! Thanks rep.

Cons

There are some minor UX changes that would be useful, like showing what file was uploaded in imports history - currently you have to click through each to figure out what was what.

Karn J.

I LOVE this App

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

This app just works. Every time. On the rare occasion that I have a need to contact support, they are online all the time and always help instantly. Today I worked with a representative who was fabulous. She answered my question in seconds and I was able to complete my work. I cannot recommend this tool highly enough.

Pros

This app saves me SO much time keying in one time vendors for payments. We have thousands of customers and our main business is in custom software, but our accounting is in QuickBooks. We often have to issue one time refunds, which means we have to key in every vendor name, address, etc. to issue checks. This tool cuts ALL of that. With a simple import of vendors, then bills, I get it all done in seconds instead of hours.

Cons

There really are not any cons with this app. Since I have to put something, I would say that I wish I had the ability to filter the long list of options to only the few things I use in the importer.

Matt S.

Xero paying invoices in bulk

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Creating the standard template only took a couple of hours with some minimal excel skills and now the daily process takes 5 minutes, regardless of the number of transactions. Support team was helpful when we had a few questions at the beginning

Pros

Being a Xero user we were starting to get frustrated with the amount of time it was taking to pay individual invoices. We imported sales orders in bulk into Xero using the in built csv import but Xero has no way to import the payments. Having over a hundred a day and growing, this was taking over an hour to pay them individually to different bank accounts. This importer allows us to export the unpaid sales invoices from Xero, create a file using an excel template we created and import the payments back into Xero.

Cons

Theres nothing really bad about it, its pretty basic but does the job we wanted it for

Shmaya S.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/06

Pros

Easy to use and very very easy instructions

Cons

Price not the best, and users can't be giving access to only specific Quickbooks accounts.

Scott B.

Great for Importing Checks

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

You can create a template and use if again and again. Great for importing large volume of checks.

Pros

Business Importer is easy to use. Documentation is very good. You can customize what fields you want to import.

Cons

Nothing. Works great and easy to use. Saves quite a bit of time.

Sherri A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Owner

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful with me today. I did not have any knowledge of how to do an upload or map a spreadsheet, nor did I know how to use SnipIt. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great, he walked me through the process effortlessly and stayed right with me helping to make the process less scarey. I will definately be purchasing this app just because I had such great customer experience. Thank you to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! He deserves a great big raise!!!!

Pros

Ease and functionality with outstanding customer service.

Cons

No cons to report regarding this product.

Keith Y.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Above and beyond

Reviewed on 2020/08/23

After I contacted support they made a great effort to understand what we were looking for and put it on the develoment schedule. For that reason alone I'm support happy to recommend this product, my initial disappoint was turned around so thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who kept chatting to me and the dev team to did the updates.

Pros

It automated a step in linking two systems so we removed a manual data entry step and a potential point of failure.

Cons

The exact feature we needed wasn't there at the start ...

Diana R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Promising App!

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

Tech support has been very helpful [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and easily available.

Pros

I like the ease of use for this app. From my research it appears this is the easiest for mapping/importing.

Cons

I am still trying to set up U/M correctly so I can get this to work for me.

Spencer N.

fit and Support

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Outstanding! Great ROI

Pros

This product is a great fit for entering invoices into Quickbooks and some of the best web support I have seen for something that cost $10 month

Cons

not much it takes a few trials and errors but that is due to how all each of us have Quickbooks invoices set up. However, then you save your setting and go and they helped me with getting it set up

Nicolas D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Simple and efficient

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

Pros

Very practical, allows us to save a lot of time of data integration.
And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in customer support is very responsive, I get an answer to my questions almost instantly.

Cons

Add a functionality to automate imports completely, even if with the shedule functionality we are almost there.

Lais O.
  • Industry: Furniture

Incredible Online Support!

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

It's been a very positive experience and we want to continue using the App and expand to other companies, part of our group.

Pros

Their online chat is a great tool! their online support team has always been able to help me out.
I had rep investigating some solutions for me and he was really helpful. I have been reaching them quite often because I'm still a new user and they were always very friendly and responsive. Congratulations to the team!

Cons

The only thing it's because they're mainly focused on USA companies and I'm based in Europe, so there are limitations from QBO and Business Importer side that I'm trying to deal with.

Jason F.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Amazing way to save time

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

Efficiency at it's best.

Pros

The ease of use and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] great online support

Cons

There are no cons to using this software.

Tex V.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great Support

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Love the product

Pros

This software has saved me a lot of time in setting up QBO. When I was having problems uploading some inventory items correctly, Aleh go me on the write path through the chat box

Cons

A reliable phone line to call support would be good

Max B.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Great importer for QuickBooks and Xero

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

I was looking for ways to automate the import of POs, bills, and bill payments from our procurement software to different accounting packages for our customers. I've managed to set up the import to QuickBooks (both Online and Desktop versions) and Xero. The Customer Support team was very responsive and helped me a lot (thanks, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!). There are also helpful guides and FAQs on their website.

Pros

The configurations are quite flexible, it allows auto-creation of vendors, items, etc. It takes only a couple of minutes to do all the setup and create mapping templates for the different kinds of documents you need. The import works just fine and saves a ton of time.

Cons

At first I faced an issue and wasn't able to import anything, but the support team figured out the reason and helped to solve it.

Mike T.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Brilliant addition to my QuickBooks Online toolbox

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Our main use is for importing sales invoices from clients - far quicker to create a spreadsheet than capture manually. It is genuinely one of the few utilities I would recommend without hesitation, despite the cons.

Pros

Really straightforward to set up and get going, with templates for uploading a large number of document-types from spreadsheets - a great time saver. If anything does go wrong then clicking one button reverses the upload.
On the rare occasions when there is a glitch, the customer service team are great. Just spent a while on livechat with the representative who patiently went through the import file and spotted a well-hidden typo that my client had miscaptured. I had been through it carefully before contacting the Business Importer team so I was convinced it was a software error - glad I was wrong though because it's an outstanding utility.

Cons

Exporting utility is an additional (one-off) cost.
Upgrading costs aren't on a pro-rata basis - you just lose the subs on the unexpired portion of the previous package.

Kelsey A.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Business Importer Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great helping me re-configure my app. He provided clear and concise pictures and descriptions and was patient. I was helped right away and we got the problem solved within minutes.

Pros

It imports easily into QBO and saves time and energy. I appreciate the automatic sync.

Cons

I find it expensive for small businesses.

Simon P.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] today

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

I have written a review of Business Importer before and continue o be impressed. The reason I'm adding more is that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] walked me through a problem I'd been wrestling with for hours and found the solution. What more can anyone want?

Pros

Easy to work with and merge into automated processes. Allows us to import Purchase Orders, which Xero alone can't do yet.

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment.

Yeng K.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Awesome tool and quick service!

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Pros

The importing features have been a key value to our organization and eliminates countless hours of manual entry.

They also have great customer service and yes, even through chat boxes. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did an awesome job!

Cons

Nothing to dislike about this software. It's been great!

Dan P.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Exporter

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

Customer service was fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to quickly determine my needs and set me in the right direction for purchase and use of the software. Her support was instrumental.

Pros

Exporting Functionality and the ease of use.

Cons

None that I can see. Still need time to evaluate all functionalities.

Ramon R.

Life Saver

Reviewed on 2020/01/05

Pros

I work with a client that only works with Excel Spreadsheets to capture financial data. This app has been a life saver for me as far as time savings. Highly recommend.

Cons

Occasional glitches when importing. Nothing detrimental.