Showing 38 reviews of 28

Showing 38 reviews of 28
Geary C.

best software for $

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

been using for over 16 years,ive had the option to purchase the more expensive softwares and ive stayed with Lynx, it does what they say it will do.Customer service is second to none

Pros

easy to use, contains all the information in one software that a transportation director needs

Cons

navigation of reports is a little tricky

Terrie K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Lynx: the software that is computer friendly and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

start up went great, wonderful training experience, and fantastic support

Pros

Hard to limit it to one thing. The remote support is fantastic. They respond very quickly to emails and calls. I also love the videos that are setup to take you through step by step when you are in unfamiliar areas. I have used other software's that were not user friendly.

Cons

At this time I do not have anything that I don't like about Lynx

Robyn L.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Lynx makes Student, driver and Fleet Management a breeze!

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Lynx is my one-stop-shop for Transportation Management of students, buses, drivers, weather, reports, and chartering. I've been working with this software for over 6 years. in that time I have never waited longer than a half hour for an email or phone call when I've requested help. Usually, it's 0-5 minutes. Lynx is an excellent program I have come to trust and rely upon.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its ability to manage all the areas of Student Transportation. Transportation is so much more than just knowing where to pick-up and drop-off students. It's maintaining & licensing a large fleet of buses, & keeping track of drivers, their licensing and physicals. Lynx covers these areas and so much more! It also provides weather reports, zoning, school calendars, and detailed reports for DPI and school districts.

Cons

My only con would be the learning curve to master this software. That being said, the basic operation of creating routes and adding students, buses, and drivers is easy enough for novices. Lynx offers dozens of FAQ tutorial videos that make learning the software a breeze. Plus help is always only a phone call or email away!

Verlyn R.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Easy routing for short notice routes.

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

LYNX has solved just about every problem we could have imagined to have when it comes to routing students. It has more options and items than we would ever use. I sure beats the large map and strings that was used before!

Pros

I am able to create routes with ease and have them in a very timely manner. We do auxiliary routes at times and they need to be set up for a short period of time and this program allows me to do this without any real problems. Creating new students and moving current students within the system is easy and fast. Modifying any routes can be done in a timely manner and have the results for the driver before they leave the office.

Cons

At times when I move a student with an alternate address, it does not follow. This is not the fault of the program. There is a button to click that i just sometimes forget to click and it brings in the home address instead. The box pops up and tells me what to do but it doesn't always get clicked.

Daniel A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great product with constant improvements

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Lynx overall is a a great product and the company offers exceptional support. You always get the same people who get to know you and your needs. Response is fast and courteous. They listen and make improvements constantly.

Pros

Being able to get to information in the quickest way possible is key especially when dealing with student transportation. Lynx allows you to get at student data from several different points. Lynx also allows enough data to be put into each students profile so that any special situation can be notated.

Cons

This is not really a con, but know that this software along with any other is not a magic bullet, where you just upload a bunch of data and voila! it works. You will need to spend time to ensure that your data is correctly spelled, names of streets are correct, and geo-coding is accurate. Once data is set up correctly, keeping it that way is a breeze.

Jeff K.

Bus routeing review

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

We had been using a different program for tracking our students, the switch over to this one was simple and easy

Pros

This is a vary easy program to learn and use

Cons

I like every thing about this program there is nothing I would change

Frederick N.

Lynx softway

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

At the moment no problems. Use it for daily routes. Billing. Directions.

Pros

Ease of use. Cost. User friendly. Great support.

Cons

Inability to enter trips and maintanance.

Response from Lynx Software

Good morning Frederick!
You should be able to enter field trips and maintenance with the version of Lynx you have. Please contact us so we can show you how to access these features.
Thank you!
Joe

Shae S.

Lynx software is great! Customer service is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

The customer service with Lynx is second to none. We are a unique school district client with multiple contractors and with the relationship we have with our Lynx team, we are very satisfied with the products, updates, customer service and day-to-day operations.

Pros

It allows us to organize our school bus routes and manage riders.

Cons

Because of the historical processes used in our district of many bus contractors, it is difficult to use the managment tools and maps to find the most efficient routes. This is due, mostly to our process, not Lynx's capability. Lynx has the capability to provide this function for us... but our contractors require some different recordkeeping which prohibits this function to work as it should. I wish there was a way around it. We just have not come up with anything viable yet.

Ronda K.

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Over all it's serves our purpose well. I am able to look up students quickly, adjust routes easily and geocode addresses for accurate mileage readings.

Pros

It is easy to use / navigate. Easy to add and remove riders from routes. Helps greatly with the DPI reporting a the end of the year. I know I don't utilize the software to it's full potential.

Cons

There have been improvements recently that resolved a couple of minor issues I had with the software. The way the phone numbers come in from Skyward are a little off. Quite a few of my students have no phone number entries so I have to go to Skyward to find them under the emergency contact page. And the wording could be adjusted as well for the phone numbers to match what they are labeled in Skyward.

Response from Lynx Software

Good morning Ronda!
Please contact us if you are having any issues with the sync with Skyward. Often times it's just a simple change in the configuration that will solve the issue.
Thank you!

Ann S.

Lynx software is wonderful

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

With Lynx we have no issues. This is an amazing program. Everyone should have it in this business.

Pros

Lynx software is easy to use. It comes with great features that make my job so much easier. We have to do many reports in the school bus business and Lynx provides us with that feature. I have worked with Lynx for many years and I always did the transportation report myself which was very time consuming, now it is a click of a button. The tech support that we get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing. They are always there no matter what tine of day. They help with the routing of which we use on a daily basis. I can't say enough about this program and the staff.

Cons

I wish this would have been available many many years ago.

Jamie M.

Love Routing with Lynx

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Daily routing is great and being able to bring up student information quickly is a real asset.
Also, calling in for help from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is so simple and they are so helpful in quickly helping me solve my problems.

Pros

i love the ease of finding closest routes & adding students.

Cons

The fact that it does not transfer from computer to computer without updating. Would like an online version.

Response from Lynx Software

Hi Jamie!
We appreciate your review. Lynx is a fully multi-user application so you should not have to update anything to see changes on other computers. Please call us if something isn't working correctly.
Thank you!!

Lisa B.

Lynx Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Has made our company more efficient and always someone on the other end willing and able to help

Pros

Easy to use and great support team
Spells out student info and keeps up to date
Shows the route on a map with the stops.

Cons

Would like it to print one family on a sheet of info so if there are 4 kids we don't have to have 4 sheets of paper.
If we want stuff combined to have the ability to do so.

Amy H.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

WRPS Lynx

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Positive, easy to use, great support when needed

Pros

The copying and moving feature is excellent! Makes changes to routes go very quickly

Cons

There is not a way to print several detailed route sheets at one time. You have to go into each route and print individually

Jan K.

Lynx Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

We will start using the Maintenance part of the system this summer to track costs.

Pros

It's easy to use for creating routes for busing.

Cons

I've been using this software for the past 2 years an so far it does everything I need it to do.

Patrick C.

Lynx

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Lynx helps me on a daily basis with keeping my data accurate and current and is a huge time saver because managing the data is usually simple and easy to learn.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the personal Tech Support.

Cons

I don't understand when searching a particular student and I use the drop down to choose the different categories that can be included, some of the categories that I would like are not listed as an option, however many others are that I'll likely never use.

Response from Lynx Software

Good morning Pat!
Please contact us if you have any questions or are having any problems with the software. We want to help!!

Kevin K.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Lynx Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Overall, Lynx does what we wanted it to do. It is a little more complicated than we expected but it houses the data we needed it to house and we can generate reports out that we needed it generate. It is not a very nice looking, user centric program but it does a lot of heavy lifting.

Pros

The functionality of the software for the price is very good. It gets the job done that we needed to have done. The different report and search options are very helpful. After you are trained it is relatively easy to use. The customer support is outstanding.

Cons

The data sync is a little clunky. It would be nice if it were cloud based with a better connection to our student information system. The end user interface is not very user friendly or intuitive. When we have questions this generally results in a call to support. However, the support team is always excellent. It is just time consuming to have to call in everytime.

Response from Lynx Software

Thank you for the review and your honesty Kevin! We've made several improvements to the data sync which is now based in the cloud. We are seeing drastically reduced issues. We continue to improve the user interface but transportation logistics is inherently complicated. We will always do our best to serve you!!

Armando m. C.

Lynx helps our district become efficient

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Pros

Its easy to use and understand, the driving staff love the route directions and changes to routes can be done with little work.

Cons

Sometimes it is time consuming to hit key after key each time you need to print a bus route. It takes 2-3x before a route actually prints

Karen P.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Lynx transportation software

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Very satisficed with customer service. Lynx has helped me to save time doing driver payroll and school billings.

Pros

Once you have all the student, driver and bus information entered in, there are so many reports that can be made. Great versatility.

Cons

Grouping information to put special reports together is complicated, but customer service has been very helpful.

Todd H.

Great Bus Routing Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

My school district has had an excellent experience. Lynx software tech support is stupendous.

Pros

Ease of use! This product has made our bus programming sound.

Cons

Many many options...wish I had more time to get to know.

Ryan S.

I Love Lynx

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Lynx is used for nearly every aspect of managing Phoenix Elementary's transportation department. From routing, student data management, driver data management, vehicle maintenance record keeping, and much more.

Pros

Lynx is easy to learn and to use. Lynx is a capable routing software for school buses and Lynx is great for student data management.

Cons

The route maps and directions we're not user friendly. However the developers created a new map function and now the maps and directions are easy to ride and very accurate.