Symplast

EMR solution for streamlining clinical operations

4,6
4,7
4,5
4,7
4,6
David j. L.

Very happy with Symplast

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

No more transcription costs, much less paper and transitioning to complete digital/paperless office. Instant access to patient demographic and clinical information 24/7 from smartphone, mobile device or any desktop via the cloud.

Pros

Ease of use, mobile 24 hour access to patient information including all medical records, HIPPA secure messaging app to allow 24 hour communication with patients which is a major plus for patient satisfaction and piece of mind

Cons

There have been growing pains as with any startup but the team is both local and very responsive to fixes as needed. Rolling out new modules somewhat slower than promised but anticipate continued growth of functionality and continued success/growth of users.

York Y.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Symplast rocks

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Great customer support, love the innovation. They are always improving.

Pros

It is an intuitive, common sense approach to EMR.

Cons

Implementation of any EMR takes time and effort.

Robin E.

Poor Integrity

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Although Symplast promises a great deal for an EMR, they were unable to produce a working product. Paid for months without any service or product. Unable to obtain any form of a refund they lack integrity. Do not engage them as they do not deliver what they promise.

Pros

Never able to use it. They have no functional EMR system in place, let alone AI.

Cons

There is no software that is available.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

John m T.

Innovation is happening at Symplast

Reviewed on 2019/04/20

I’m not sure exactly what caused rep to have the experience she describes, but Symplast, in my opinion, represents the future of digital patient engagement and personal electronic health records. Better yet, they are not like most of the vendors out there that nickel and dime you for every single little feature and module, and then have the audacity to hold your data hostage if you ever decide to leave!
This is a product that is useful now, well-priced, and rich with innovation. No regrets.
And great on mobile devices!

Pros

Best UI on the market.
Great for patient engagement.
Built for mobility.
Robust media manager.
Video capabilities for documentation, consent, and patient education.
Company is very willing to build interfaces with other apps.
Uses voice recognition.
Makes my documentation easier, gives me more face time with my patients.
Did I mention mobile?

Cons

I gave “Overall” and “Features” 1 star off, as there are some feature gaps, but the company has been releasing updates and adding features at a fairly quick pace. For example, e-prescribing is now available and a new financial module just came out, but I don’t have enough experience with them yet to comment.
Still needs electronic insurance billing and ASC module, but they are in development and coming.

Bhupesh V.

Intuitive and timely product

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Direct patient financial transactions through Symplast has improved tremendously and will continue to improve based on what I have seen so far.

Pros

Ease of integration and easy user interface. The multi media management in this software which includes photo and video makes this product stand out. Easy to format templates and customize windows based on the users preference also makes this product very effective . Customer service is excellent as I always have a human being that I can contact you when there are any problems to solve. They’re also always innovating and constantly making improvements and updates to the existing platforms. The mobility of this product is an outstanding feature that I find most timely given the current environment.

Cons

There is a patient app associated with Symplast that I think needs to be improved and slowly will be improved.

Chris C.

What we needed

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

I have a great experience with symplast. Instead of charging me like the other large EMRs for a 5 year 60,000 contract, I can pay month to month and have access to all of the features. It is made by physicians, for physicians and the simplicity and accessibility is what I love the most. I have been a client for 2 years.

Pros

The company is actually very accessible and great. They are always improving. Yes its a startup, so there are features that are not yet mature, but every few weeks there are new and improved features and releases. It is cloud based and I can access my charts anywhere.

Cons

The Helpdesk can be a little slow at times, but there are significantly less bugs than when the company first started a few years ago.

The insurance module can be improved, this is not billing software.

Enrique S.

Symplast: An excellent newcomer for plastic surgeons EMR

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

When I first purchased the software about three years ago, it was still under basic development. At that time I was not happy with the software . We worked with the support and development staff and, one by one, the issues were solved. The software now is robust and has been a huge improvement over server based software I had been using before. I recommend that any plastic surgeon thinking about purchasing an electronic medical record look seriously at Symplast as one of your primary options.

Pros

Scheduling and medical records are highly customizable. I am able to communicate with patients through HIPPA compliant connections.

Cons

Some of the features of the software are only available through handheld devices.

Pramit M.

Very happy overall

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

I watched the emr space especially nextech and patient now until I found a solution that would not lower my productivity and would eliminate steps for my staff. I have been very happy as has my partner.

Pros

photo management is fast and effective
mobile app based allows me to log in through face id and check my schedule in less than 5 seconds. that is amazing.
the mobile app with open API makes this the future. There really is no question at this point.

Cons

scheduler could be more robust
support could be more timely
i am excited to see the partnerships they add

Kimberly B.
Industry: Plastics

Symplast is amazing

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Having Symplast has opened up many opportunities to keep in contact with patients at many different locations.

Pros

Access to patients & their charts anytime, any where using my own mobile device.

Cons

There isn’t a thing that I don’t like about Symplast. They are continually adding to there platform and evolving the program.

George O.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Which EMR is best for me?

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Symplast makes me more efficient. Symplast provides a very effective interactive platform with patients and staff

Pros

Ease of use. A fantastic app that effectively engages with patients in a user friendly interface. Developed for clinicians for clinicians. And the software and functionality continues to improve all the time.

Cons

Little glitches that the company is very responsive to. Required a little adjustment but as I get better using it I love it.

Michael B.

Symplast - a paradigm shift for EHR

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

As the product continues to evolve - it will only get better and better.

Pros

Symplast represents a frame shift from the traditional EHR model to a new, better patient environment. It’s purpose built for a mobile platform. It is a work in progress - and I like that. Plastic surgery is about changing the way we see things - and Symplast for the time I’ve used it - has been very responsive to feedback and innovation

Cons

If is a work in progress. If youre looking for a product that is completely fleshed out with years of market use - this isnt it. But that said, those products (and we reviewed a number of them before going with Symplast) all have their own limitations.

Cynthia D.
Industry: Cosmetics

Best upgrade to your cosmetic practice!

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Symplast came to our practice when we where not looking to upgrade or change. After one conversation and demonstration we where SOLD!!! Symplast has proven to our practice that they will take it to the next level without taking months or emptying our pockets!!!

Pros

User friendly, all aspects of this cutting edge technology are used on daily bases to maintain the day to day structure of a cosmetic practice!!

Cons

Better collage picture options to up load as you pick your desired results.

Enrique H.

Symplast

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Thanks to Symplast my line of communication with my patients is always open. They text me through the app and I have their entire record at my fingertips.

Pros

Cloud based
Very quick support/training
Easy to Use/Navigate

Cons

When using the mobile app you are forced to type your notes in three predefined sections.

Jonathan Z.

Symplast is the Tesla of EMR systems

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

This platform makes life easy for me as a yound plastic surgeon, mobile access to before and afters is key, scheduling is cake

Pros

Mobile platform, created by fellow surgeons who understand what is important and what is fluff, always growing, responsive to feedback, good people

Cons

eRx is additional fee (for now), patients may not always be amenable to downloading software

Kadie D.

Symplast Is user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

This software is very user friendly and makes sharing with patients and communication easy.

Cons

I don’t dislike anything about the app at this moment of time.