Tracers

Legal research and public records search platform

4,9
Marc M.

Helpful Information

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Tracers has always answered their phone when I call and needing an answer to a question or just resting my password. I am always able to get through and not having to wait because they are to busy.

Pros

Software helps us in our daily jobs to locate and find up to date information to find individuals for our clients

Cons

I do not have anything as of yet that I least like about the software

Response from Tracers

Hi Marc,

We really appreciate your business and for taking the time to leave us a five-star review!

Vicki S.

My Go-To Database for Years

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

They listen to their customers. They've adopted several of my suggestions. Customer service is very friendly and helpful, even reaching out to me with suggestions. Any problems are handled quickly and professionally. You're dealing with a company that cares about you, not a giant corporation, to whom you're not a priority.

Pros

Lots of information for your $. It's not always needed, but if you're working on a tough case it can be a goldmine. Once I was trying to locate a high profile fraudster that everyone, including some governmental agencies, was trying to find. Through a single bit of data from Tracers I found him off-grid in a yurt in the AZ desert. I'm well known for being able to do the toughest locates, including homeless people. I also do a lot of high-end fraud and hidden asset cases. While I do use other databases and information sources, Tracers is always where I start. Often, it's all I need.

I've used a number of other databases, but Tracers provides the most information overall. Occasionally you'll get a false positive, but I think that's better than a missed positive. If you want only the simplest, surface results, it may not be for you. If you want every possible chance to get a good result, definitely check it out.

Cons

The old interface was a bit limited and clunky, but they've redesigned everything. It's great now, more TLO-style, with a lot more to offer than before. They're always looking for ways to improve.

Response from Tracers

Hi Vicki,

We love hearing success stories like yours- finding the hard to locate people! We are thrilled that you are satisfied with our services and appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. I passed this to our customer service team. They are integral to Tracers' success and get even more motivated to serve when hearing positive remarks like yours.

Thank you!

Alan K.

Investigative Tools

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

I am able to locate people accurately around 75 % of the time. Frustrating when something goes wrong during non-business hours.

Pros

Good price value. Lots of different functions to locate people.

Cons

The addresses and phone numbers that people searches give as results are frequently stale, at least for people who are not necessarily firmly established in society. Not necessarily Tracers fault. however. It may be better if databases are uupdated better? Not sure why this is.

Response from Tracers

Hi Alan-

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We take great pride in receiving feedback like yours and take it very seriously. It is important to know that offering assistance 24/7 would be a significant value add. We hope to receive even higher marks from you in the near future!

Michael P.

Comprehensive Data Research and Responsive Customer Service

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/05/01

I'm a criminal defense and military law private investigator. I've worked with Tracers going on 14 years. The organization is always responsive to my research needs. That makes my work easier and extremely productive. My most recent experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], in customer service, was excellent on many levels. She is professional, knowledgeable of the depth and breadth of the services and their intricacies, and made me felt important with her care and concern taking time to answer all of my questions and providing solutions for optimal results. Because of Tracers' services, my attorney clients approach me for their difficult cases that other investigators are unable to handle and bring the needed results I can provide. I'm grateful for the business and partnership relationship Tracers gives me for my continuing success.

Pros

The data research and information provided is extensive. It penetrates deep into unique sources giving me information rarely found elsewhere. The fees are reasonable and help me to keep my investigation fees affordable for clients and defendants with limited resources. Tracers has contributed to my success helping my clientele attain their goals and missions.

Cons

It would help to have a clearer understanding of what each research element provides in a summary that also includes a detailed listing of the pricing.

Jennifer M.

Tracers’s review

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Always satisfied.

Pros

Would like to see “military history” added. Investigators are asked at time to prove if a subject has military status or is a veteran.

Cons

Nothing really. Sometimes lacks employment.

Response from Tracers

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your five-star review and suggestions. We like hearing about ideas of added-value features and data sets that clients would find useful. We appreciate your business and will continue to do our best for you.

Kindly,

Kathy H.

Support services

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

I find them very helpful when I call to ask questions. The staff are very accommodating and helpful and pleasant to deal with. The wait time if minimal if any. They are patient and are willing to take the time to answer questions in layman's terms to make the system very user friendly.

Pros

It encompasses so many facets of what is needed to "connect the dots" and do full backgrounds on individuals and explore other avenues to to provide a very detailed product to my clients

Cons

I wish it would cover more asset details and have a different or separate classification in order to obtain license plate registration information.

Daniel F.
Industry: Law Practice

This is very helpful for finding the right defendant

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

We were having problems finding witnesses as files age. Now we rest assured we can get to the right person without hiring an investigator or search team.

Pros

This is a great program that allows us to find not only the correct person for purposes of the litigation but more importantly helps us locate the witnesses who are key to the court case. We are actually catching errors in the police reports and then we are able to find the right person. I would say it a great service and by locking in a contracted rate we assure ourselves of getting a great return on the investment. I would make sure any plaintiffs firm uses this as part of their arsenal of weapons for litigating cases and ensuring the jury hears from the important witnesses.

Cons

Nothing really bad to say. the more you use it like any interface, the better you get. great customer service and really not complicated.

Response from Tracers

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your experience and noting specifically how plaintiff firms can utilize the Tracers platform for litigating cases. We look forward to continuing our relationship with you!

Jonathan C.
Company size: Self Employed

Effective and accurate information and support

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

the support is very good, they are able to answer the difficult questions with solutions

Pros

This product is easy to use, and has features that others do not have

Cons

nothing it provides positive results and it has ease of search

Ken G.

Review of Tracers

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Always available to answer any questions

Pros

Easy to use...they always contact me when I have questions

Cons

I have had no problems or questions about Tracers

Response from Tracers

Hi Ken,

Thank you for leaving us a positive review! Customer-focused care is the foundation of our services.

Bill N.

Professional Use

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/04/30

They are always there to help.

Pros

When having a problem a phone call to office is all it takes to get professional and complete help!

Cons

Sometimes it is a little difficult to figure where to serch

Margo P.
Industry: Legal Services

I’m sorry I recommended this product to my boss

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

It was disappointing

Pros

There wasn’t much I like about this product. The information available in terms of addresses I could actually find online with my standard internet searches.

Cons

I was very disappointed because I actually researched the product and made the recommendation.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Diane H.

I totally recommend Tracers

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/02/18

I have had great luck tracking down locations of beneficiaries of estates.

Pros

The searches I did gave me what appeared to be very thorough information.

Cons

It was a tad difficult at first figuring out how to save a file on my hard drive, but I got excellent support from Tracers.

Response from Tracers

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We strive to provide thorough information and support when running searches. Always reach out to customer service if you need assistance or have issues finding a beneficiary. We are here to support your firm. We appreciate your business!

Daryl C.

Comprehensive

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Missing information for witnesses or skip tracing is made easier with Tracers.

Pros

Comprehensive information provided.
Easy to add on additional bits of information.

Cons

Expensive, but it is able to be broken down into smaller chunks of data that can be purchased individually.

Response from Tracers

Hi Daryl-

Thank you very much for the 5-star review and for sharing your experience about using Tracers for researching witnesses and skip tracing.