Square Online Reviews

Square Online

Website designing tool for eCommerce businesses

Ariel
Ariel
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great order management application

Reviewed on 2023/02/10

Pros

I like that square offers different other features and applications that work with all the other square products. Square is also very easy to use and maintain.

Cons

Sometimes I think that square is physically too small or not sturdy enough.

Scott
  • Industry: Music

An Affordable Option for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Square Online has provided the most effective and affordable option for a growing small business that cannot afford the hefty price tags of other systems.

Pros

Square Online is a decent system that integrates well with the Square Retail POS. Managing inventory is generally easy although more features could be added consistent with our industry. Square stepped up its game by offering more options during the pandemic such as enhanced marketing tools, sales channel integrations with Facebook and an additional fulfillment method to offer to clients. Marketing features are decent, and the convenience of mobile apps is convenient when on the go.

Cons

Square needs to consider businesses that offer rentals. There can be improvements to better manage rental inventory and sales. Also, many manufacturers in our industry require that sale prices not be listed on e-commerce platforms. Square Online should add a "Call for Price" option.

Rain POS

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Cost effectiveness, additional features for non-premium accounts, convenience
elizabeth

square review

it is okay

it is okay

Pros

it is fairly easy to use and update to keep us fairly current

Cons

we are having difficulty recapturing full money for our clients for cancelled online orders. it is very frustrating

Shopify POS

Reasons for Choosing Square Online

they got to be too expensive and they could not handle inventory

BloomNation

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

because at the time yours was more complete and seemed to be more user ready
Thomas

The only software I’ll use

Reviewed on 2021/06/16

Pros

You can run your entire business through Square. E-commerce, storefront, payroll, marketing, team management and inventory management.

Cons

A little in the pricey side but still worth it. Getting in touch with customer service is not easy.

Reasons for Choosing Square Online

Squares payment solutions and we could run the entire business through Square so it made sense to switch.

WooCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

They accept CBD and Hemp companies and they offer more services than Shopify.
Kandace

Square is great!

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

I don’t use it that much.

I don’t use it that much.

Pros

I love all the functions and being able to keep track of all my clients and check them out and get them rescheduled so quickly!

Cons

I wish there was a better way to switch between locations on the appointment app

Vagaro

Reasons for Choosing Square Online

Better way to link my appointments with my POS system.

Goldie

The price
Savannah
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Easy and affordable online service

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

I love square I’ve been using it for 6+ Years now and it’s easy. I love That they offer square capital and it comes ar all the right times

Pros

I love the ability to check out a client and book a client within the same app. I love that I can Access transactions and reports right from my phone

Cons

The ability to book with a credit card for no shows and allowing us to choose what’s being charged and making sure the card is legit

Vagaro

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Cost. Accessible to me and client, smoother functions
Karen Mardell

The best business user platform available!

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Excellent. Great customer service, follow up, and explanation's when needed.

Excellent. Great customer service, follow up, and explanation's when needed.

Pros

Customers rave on the ease of use and it's super easy to navigate, edit, or update.

Cons

Sometimes, it can be difficult to find the location to make a change to the site.

PayPal and Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Less time to set up, very customer friendly, pricing, service, and platform use.
Jonathan
  • Industry: Sports

Best software for any business period!

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

I couldn't have asked for a better company to work with. My company is growing against all odds thanks to square.

Pros

What i love about square is how user friendly it is. How square cares about its customers in how they have excellent customer service.

They help grow my business to now have multiple locations

Cons

Nothing !!!! Square is perfect. Absolutely will never leave square.

Amy

A Small Business With a Big Agenda

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Love it. I always have. Smart, affordable and easy to use. I especially like the fact that the two times (over ten years) that I needed tech support, I was able to talk with a person in minutes.

Pros

As a businesswoman and an artist on a mission, I appreciate having an easy to use platform for promoting and selling my work. I don’t like to spend much time on a computer, but if it’s helping me be successful, I’m in. Square offers all the tools I need in a value packed package.

Cons

Least? I suppose when I went from swipe to chip I dropped my phone handing it to a customer for a signature. Lesson learned.

Brianna
Brianna
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The Best Pre-Made Layouts

Reviewed on 2022/05/18

Overall good experience, no issues.

Overall good experience, no issues.

Pros

I love their pre-made website designs, they are very colorful and creative. Designing with Square saves me a lot of time when editing from my mobile phone, as well.

Cons

I dislike nothing, everything works good. I just wish that the free trial was longer than 14 days.

Nicole

Stylist that uses Square

Pretty good

Pretty good

Pros

It’s Straight forward and end-user friendly.

Cons

I want more personalization for my website.

Vagaro and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Square Online

I didn’t like that styleseat charged my customers to book online.

StyleSeat

Colleague recommendation
Kate

Getting better

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

I love having a website that syncs with my in store sales. It’s made improvements, but a few more would make it better.

Pros

I love that it integrates so easily with my inventory.

Cons

I’d love more customization in the design of the site, to make it more on brand to my business. I’d love a way to sort items by sold out so I can reorder easily or mark them unavailable.

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

I’ve been using square for a long time and wanted to stick with what I’ve already invested in.
Ann
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

So happy I made the leap!

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

A very good experience overall! I get done what I need to get done and have all the basics that I need.

Pros

The ease of use has been critical for me & my business.

Cons

I do feel that there could be more features - many of which are likely available in the paid versions - that would certainly help out.

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

I was already invested (time wise) into Square and really didn’t have a glaring reason to switch.
Luccia
  • Industry: Food Production

Good all-around business support

Pretty good.

Pretty good.

Pros

The ease with which customers can place orders.

Cons

The inability to change the size of product images. The refusal of Square to allow the printing of orders so they can function as packing lists is ridiculous. The current third-party, "solution," is costly and does not work at all.

Abhyona
  • Industry: Cosmetics

It does what it says it’ll do!

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Overall I enjoy square, it does what it supposed to do and I can’t really complain.

Pros

I really like squares booking platform, the ease of which customers can access the site, select a service, and book an appointment. I also like the fact that excepting payment is very easy, not as time consuming as other platforms or means, and allows me to efficiently and effectively check out clients upon completion of their service.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that I am unable to customize text messaging. Having the ability to customize text messaging is important for my business as it allows me to further extend my brand voice via text communications to clients. I also dislike the fact that I am unable to pick and choose what types of services require a contract and which ones do not. I would also love to have the feature to implement a questionnaire for new clients or existing clients to learn a little bit more about them prior to their service.

Tanya
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Why you should go with Square

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

I love that I can post new products to my website and then tag them on my social media platforms all within 5 min. It just makes sooo many things simpler.

Pros

The ease of setting up my website was amazing!!! I had no website design experience prior to setting mine up. It was so easy. I just followed the prompts and read some of the tips and voilà! I have an amazing website!! I get compliments from my customers all time on how nice my website looks. They are absolutely amazed that I didn’t myself with no prior experience. If I can do this anyone can!!

Cons

I can’t really think of anything that sticks out to me that I don’t like. The few issues that I’ve had were usually my error or not quite understanding what was needed. Just like with any computer software once you learn it and get familiar with it it’s a breeze.

Canva

Cost and ease of use.
Alyssa

The best for small business!

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Pros

Implementing Square was the easiest way to get my small business off the ground. Whag started as just a plug in card reader on my phone has now evolved into a brick and mortar retail storefront with an awesome online presence and shopping cart. The ease of installation and setup is what I love most about Square. It's accessible and intuitive.

Cons

I wish Square would accept EBT transactions. Otherwise, I have very few hiccups with the system. And it's constantly being updated to implement new features requested by its users.

• Industry: Management Consulting

All Square, but will Shop-If-I have a need/opportunity to try a different provider 😉

Reviewed on 2023/09/08

Overall, each individual component part is quite strong. And several of them do work quite well together when aligned with the more common use cases (e.g. accepting bookings for a hairstylist followed by in-person payments, or estimates and invoice management for a service business). However, as you start layering in additional complexity or are looking at less common needs/applications, the simplicity that is arguably its core selling feature in the beginning ends up working against it as you start to feel like you've got "lots of different things, in lots of different places, and some of it is repetitive but isn't always, and some of it syncs automatically but sometimes not, and........" well... you get the drift.

Pros

Overall, they offer a robust service suite with sleek POS tools, a clean end-user UI, strong inventory management, and offer a strong, trusted brand name in the market.

Cons

I get the impression Square is best suited for rather "single-dimensional" businesses -- when you start to get into more dynamic and multi-faceted distribution channels, order types, variable inventory and order process flows, etc., it starts to feel a bit clunky.

Michaeline

Square Online Review

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Very happy overall with ease of use. Additional upgrades and additional are appreciated.

Pros

Easy to use, inexpensive, integrates with square store easily.

Cons

Website templates are limited and square online stores start to all look similar. Offering discounts with multiple purchased items without using a coupon is not available. Having automatic shipping discounts without using a coupon is not available. Would like automatic discounts and be able to offer free shipping when minimum orders are met. Have to be careful about generating a shipping label because you only get one chance. If a shipment requires two or more labels, can only generate through square online via shippo. Then have to go to shippo to generate additional labels. That is a hassle.

Reasons for Choosing Square Online

Wanted to integrate my retail storefront with online storefront

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

I like square products very much!
Crystal
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good overall value for product

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Square Online financial metrics help me save time as far as monthly reporting and paying taxes, love the reporting!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, doesn't work seamlessly for all foodservice operations

Cons

Missing features to group orders by times can designate pick up on the customer end but not able to only have specific pick up times per hour ie 20 pick ups w/in 5pm time slot, 20 more for 6pm and so on

Clover

familiarity with the product
David
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A must have for small businesses

Reviewed on 2021/06/17

Pros

Very easy to use. Affordable. Good customer support.

Cons

The price for their POS subscription, on top of taking a processing fee is a bit much. Sometimes customer service isn't available during major issues.

Wix and Shopify
Travis
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Self-made concerns

Reviewed on 2021/08/16

it really just depends on a persons mood

it really just depends on a persons mood

Pros

I like how its so easy to transfer funds.

Cons

the customer support is absolute trash. contact rate.

Madeline

Square unboxed

Basically good.

Basically good.

Pros

Ability to get my product out in the online platform.

Cons

At times, for me, it is really not user friendly. Instruction on “how to “ aren’t smooth, and are complicated.

Wix

Had to

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Was Weebly’s do collect $ on square.
Vanessa
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Keep up the good work

Reviewed on 2021/06/16

Pros

The software is easy to use and was easy to integrate with my business. I like the available products and features available.

Cons

I have difficulty checking out directly from appointments. The reader connection is tricky. I need to forget the device and reset the reader when the connection is bad. I can't connect from Bluetooth in settings, and I can not use it with multiple devices.

Carrie

Good product for the price

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Pros

Easy to set up and use and it syncs with your Square POS system. You can offer shipping, pick up, or delivery.

Cons

It’s missing some features that would be helpful like more coupon variety, an ability to print a packing slip prior to purchasing shipping. But overall it’s great for a small business getting their feet wet in e-commerce.

Cost