TeacherPlus Gradebook

Grading, scoring, and narrative tracking for schools

3,2
3,3
3,5
3,4
3,5
Connie F.
Industry: Education Management

Great way to keep track of grades and keeping parents informed

Reviewed on 2018/02/25

Keeping parents informed of their child's grades automatically. Easy set up and use for teachers. Varity of reports teachers can create to track grades and trends in their classroom.

Pros

love how it automatically averages grades and we can instantly send reports to parents and keep them informed. very easy to access at school and home. Teachers love how easy it is to record grades and that it post to parents automatically and we don't have to post manually like we did in a previous program.

Cons

At times the program ones slow and it doesn't pick up the numbers correctly that teachers are putting in for grades, ex grade should be a 100 but puts in a 1 or 10 because of a delay in the program.

Donald N.
Industry: Education Management

This product has been easy to use. Love the new web version. Glad we switched from GradeQuick.

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

Pros

Teachers love the new web version with the ability to use other browsers. The ease of use along with training teachers was easier than expected. Management of all gradebooks have been streamlined.

Cons

Very few cons: reports can be better, was forced to use Internet Explorer at one point because of Silverlight,

Jeffrey T.
Industry: Education Management

web-based GradeBook is a work in progress

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

This is the front-end display that faces the teachers for grading and attendance, does not require special software on each machine.

Pros

User interface is clean-looking, straightforward, offers lots of options. The underlying database is reliable. The company is earnesly working to fix issues.

Cons

Current html5 iteration is a work in progress -- the display hides numerous essential options. For example, the Save button is sometimes not even visible unless you maximize the window; other options are available only on right-click (not obvious!) within a certain area. Handling of standards-based grading is obviously an add-on function. The system wants to calculate numbers and wants to display precision to 2 decimal places -- impossible to suppress that, even if we want to. Date-input is US format, confusing for international users. Foreign scripts also are not retained consistently in the narrative edit-boxes. Transition from Silverlight is confusing; recent updates changed the default, resulting in user confusion and delays. It is a tough challenge: the company is apparently trying to transition from proprietary windows-based software to a more open html web-based system...how to manage the transition with limited resources?

Response from Rediker Software

Jeffrey, thank you for your feedback. We strive to constantly innovate and bring the best products to the K-12 market. We have passed your points on to our product development team for review.

Regards,
John at Rediker Software

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

David M.

Great continuous development

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

I have been using gradebook for 6 years now and it gets better each year even though there are still things I wish it had.

Pros

I really like the linking that is now capable through OneNote and Microsoft applications.

Cons

I wish that I could add more specific notes rather than just prescribed comments.

Angel B.

administrator's plus gradebook

Reviewed on 2015/01/10

I love this and this is real good to use.

Joe M.

This is the slowest program I have come across in my entire life.

Reviewed on 2015/11/10

I am a teacher and my school just switched to this from gradequick, and I agree that this is a huge step down. Gradequick is TERRIBLE, but this is FAR FAR WORSE. Here's why:
1. When I enter grades, the program takes 1-2 seconds to recognize each individual number typed, so if I type "100" quickly, it will only process one or two of the numbers, and it will say "0" or "10," and I have to go back and fix it. So I have to type incredibly slowly, waiting in between each number for the computer to catch up. This is NOT the computer or the internet connection. It is THE PROGRAM. Please, do something about this. What is this, 1985? I can 100% honestly say that I have never used another program in my life that is as slow at recognizing what you are typing. It is like trying to type in Word on a computer from the 90's that is presently freezing. Do you have any idea how frustrating this is?

2. When scrolling down, or across, there is a VERY long lag. I have to put tests in alphabetical order before entering them into the gradebook because I have to wait 2-3 seconds in between pressing the down arrow and the program actually following the command. This is absolutely unacceptable - a time consuming nightmare just to enter grades. In gradequick, I could type as fast as I wanted, just like in almost every other computer program in existence.

3. I can't view more than 9 or 10 students at once because the view is so scrunched. Please change this so one can view 25-30 students at once if you want to keep your clients coming back. This is a HUGE problem. It is worse because of the incredible frustrating delay/lagging that is described in problem #1. Scrunch other info at the top.
4. A newly created column appears at the far left, and then moves to the far right when you fill it in - not helpful. Also, when I click the right arrow to move right, if I click too many times, it goes back to the beginning. Teachers are interested in getting to the most recent column, so they will click the right arrow several times to quickly get to the end, not to get back to the beginning where they already were.
5. Putting the test/quiz columns together does NOT help. Leave them in chronological order where they should be among the other columns of every category. All columns should START and STAY in chronological order.
6. It takes several more steps to submit grades than it should.
7. I cannot use global changes to multiply a column of scores by 0.5 to reduce it by half.

Rebecca F.

Terrible Gradebook

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

This is the worst online gradebook I've ever used. It runs extraordinarily slow and only will run on Microsoft Internet Explorer, which is completely outdated. The whole interface is very cumbersome and not at all easy to use. Very disappointed our district chose this company and will be very grateful when our contract expires.

Pros

Absolutely Nothing

Cons

Runs slow.
Only runs on Internet Explorer.
Cumbersome to use.

Response from Rediker Software

Rebecca, thank you for your feedback. User feedback is always an essential driver behind our product development and service delivery models. We want to be sure you¿re aware that we also offer an HTML5 version of TeacherPlus. The HTML5 version is compatible with all browsers, on all operating systems, requires no external plug-in application (like Silverlight) and offers an even faster experience. Ultimately, each school or district chooses how and when to adopt and implement new technologies. We encourage you to share your concerns with your school¿s gradebook administrator and consider offering the HTML5 version to teachers. We are here to assist you every step of the way!

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Robert P.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

All around decent gradebook that's designed for live grading.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

Sleek interface and rather easy to use. Features are fairly intuitive. Decent reporting and customization options.

Cons

Gradebook is often glitchy. Many issues have been resolved over the past year, but loading gradebooks and processing reports are sluggish.

Bridget S.

Yuck!

Reviewed on 2015/09/14

School just switched from GradeQuick to this and boy is this a step down. Not very user friendly, plus it is much more restrictive. I cannot weight individual assignments within a category; nor can I alter the grade scale or grade symbols. Right now, I am online looking for a better gradebook because even though it will mean my having to put final grades into the administrator's plus gradebook at the end of each term - an extra step for me - at least I (hopefully) will find a gradebook that actually lets me keep my grades the way I want to!

Response from Rediker Software

As we strive to constantly improve our products, we take user feedback seriously. Our next TeacherPlus Gradebook update will include the ability to weight individual assignments within a category. (This functionality has not been in the gradebook to date because the same net effect can be accomplished in a more straightforward way using points.) Because TeacherPlus is a true enterprise gradebook, we do not allow individual teachers to add their own symbols. If two teachers were to use the same symbol to mean two different things, parents seeing both symbols side by side online would be confused. The gradebook manager can add any symbols requested by teachers (with each symbol counting the same no matter which teacher uses it).

Wason B.