Bria

VoIP communication and collaboration management solution

Michael S.

Works but application design is mediocre.

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Pros

The call quality is clear, works as designed and I have not had any bugs using it at all. Works great for incoming calls.

Cons

The interface drives me a little mad.

The first feature that drives me crazy is that the keys on the application will move... I may be on a call or trying a second number after dialing a first and the application's keypad will move up. This causes me constantly to hit the wrong keys. I would never design this to move or at least have a lock function.

Secondly the time out function is way too quick when dialing. I will be listening to a voicemail and typing in the number given, and it tries to auto dial the number if there is a pause of more than a couple seconds. Then I have to cancel and start over again. I haven't found an option to change this time or turn it off.

Response from CounterPath

Michael, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we're happy to know you've been having great quality calls with Bria. I'll forward your feedback regarding interface to our Product Team. For technical issues please reach out to our Technical Support team, tickets are submitted online at https://support.counterpath.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Tom K.
  • Industry: Accounting

Works well

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

With Bria I can answer calls from anywhere and it integrates into iOS

Pros

Bria is a well featured VoIP soft phone and I like that it integrates with many different providers out of the box

Cons

I don't like that Bria limits the number of devices per user so much, I use phone, laptop, desktop and home PC which means I have to juggle my logins!

Response from CounterPath

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It's great to hear how Bria allows you to receive calls from anywhere. I'll bring your feedback in regards to number of devices to our Product Team.

Eoin G.

Bria unifies communication with quick and easy provisioning

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Bria's mother company built X-lite a powerful feature rich SIP client. They have taken SIP/VOIP telephony to the next level with their unified login/provisioning system and group connectivity.

Pros

Their Windows client is one of the best SIP solutions I've used (and I've used/tried at least a dozen). The best aspect as the uniform provisioning for users. One login gives the user access to all their SIP accounts on different devices. With a mobile or home bases workforce it simplifies connectivity.

Cons

I'd love to see speed dial buttons and I'd like to see an ability to dial dtmf tones while in a call by pasting them rather than by typing them. I'd like to see an easier way to bring the Bria Client "to the front" with one button.

Response from CounterPath

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm happy you like the provisioning feature and the Bria Interface. I'll bring your feedback to our Product team.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great tool when you are out of office

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

- Preferably it should be used with headphones to have a better experience with the clarity of sound.

Pros

- You are comunicated with your people even when you are not at office.
- Is easy to use
- You can make internal calls (with extensions codes) or external calls.
- Works like a simple phone even you can call to hear your voicemails.
- You can have two phone lines.

Cons

- You need internet connectivity.
- You must have the application open in order to receive calls.
- If you have the application at the background, you may experience some troubles to take the call because the time of response is really slow.
-You can experiment unexpectedly closed because of the product have error in response time.

Response from CounterPath

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. To ensure Bria is running in the background please turn on Push? The following kbase article provides additional information that you may find useful. https://support.counterpath.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004151013-Bria-Mobile-Push-Checklist.

If you encounter an issue with Bria please work with our support team. Support tickets are submitted online at support.counterpath.com.

Cory E.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

the BRIA app works with windows based PC and after it is configured works great.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

good soltuion for SIP integration

Pros

the app allows us to use a video intercom going through a SIP server to answer all of our doors at multiple buildings. this app provides 2 way communications as well as live video form the person standing at the door asking to gain entry

Cons

Support from BRIA is some of the worst i have ever tried to use. BRIA recently changed there support service and has not been able to help fix issues i ran into. BRIA had the fix i needed prior to the new support but will no longer provide any old files to help fix the issues

I wish we would have kept this software in my office

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

In the last year my company moved away from using this software and I truly miss it. Unfortunately, that was not my call.

Pros

The customer service was great to work with. Call recordings were easy to find.

Cons

There is nothing I have to complain about with this software.

Response from CounterPath

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Your feedback helps us improve our products and services and the overall customer experience. Sorry to hear your company moved away from our software. Did we change something that no longer works for your organization such as licensing model, pricing, functionality?

David M.

Bria always keeps our support team connected!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Keeping my team connected makes Bria the best solution. No need for extra hardware or complicated setup. I have my office phone anytime with Bria!

Pros

Bria allows our support staff to take, place, transfer and check calls while on the go. No need to 'connect' your cell phone to your desk phone when you can take it with you!

Cons

Bria has been implemented throughout our office. The only complaint is the subscription base use now versus the one-time payment when originally purchased.

Amber C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

So simple

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Pros

This software does everything for you. All you have to do is input your id and everything is done. A call comes in, you press a button. You're done talking, you press a button. That is it. Theres also a callback feature, which we don't use but I'm sure it is just as easy.

Cons

I have not had any issues with this program.

Response from CounterPath

Thank you for submitting a review Amber. We are happy to hear that Bria has all the features and functionality you need.

Luke S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best Softphone there is

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

This is a great softphone that our company uses on a daily basis for the last 7 years. We love it and will keep using it.

Cons

It would be great if they can have automatic call recordings in the settings

Response from CounterPath

Luke thank you for submitting an amazing review. It's great to hear from customers who have been successfully using our products for several years. I'll send your suggestion for automatic call recording to the product team.

Mark J.

I am not chained to my desk with Bria loaded on my Mobile Device

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

The setup was very easy even without prior VoIP setup knowledge. No delay or lag when compared to desk phone and calls going through.

Cons

It does use a lot of battery life, but the pros outweigh this. As long as you keep a charger at your desk then you will be covered.

Paul W.

Very stable and reliable

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

It's just easy to use and set-up. Simple as that.

Pros

Easy to use and to setup, and works without having to poke around in the configuration settings. I use it with multiple VoIP providers which each have their own idiosyncrasies, and they all work seamlessly.

Cons

On a Mac I would like to be able to hide it to the system menu. It would be nice if the licence supported use on both Windows and MacOS so that I could use it in Boot Camp too. The software is very clean and has a fairly intuitive interface, but some may prefer to be able to customise it a bit more.

Robin B.

Good Option for phone service

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

Easy to login and retrieve messages, messages are also forwarded via email so you don't forget to check.
Recent history of calls is useful and ability to return a call from the history list.

Cons

When checking voicemail messages, I get to a point when I have listened to a message and saved it for later - the option to move to the next message is no longer available and I have to hang up and dial back into the system.
Would like History to go back further than 2 weeks - at least 45 days would be great.

Yes one of the best software on the market

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

processing, ease and good communication, it works great on mac os and windows integrated very well

Cons

price it could be cheaper for companies.

Sunil M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Good softphone app for most any user

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

This is a great softphone app that comes in both free and paid versions. The feature set is quite robust and you have the ability to connect it to almost any SIP service you like (which is great for users who have their own SIP server).

Cons

Really no major cons so far. Configuration details are sometimes difficult to sort out as each SIP provider is a little different, but it just takes a little searching to find the details most times.

Bria makes sense, it helps us deliver

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

Easily installed. We replaced our desk-phones with Bria!

Cons

Happy customer! However I do miss an autodialer option!

Richard M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Bria 4 had good features, we've been disappointed with the support and approach to upgrades.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

Codec support, integration with other products. Support for Sennheiser headsets was welcome. Windows 10 support also finally got there.

Cons

Quality of upgrades has been spotty - sometimes great, other times not so great. It took a while for Bria 4 notifications to work well in Windows 10. And again, we do not care for the 70% of retail upgrade policy. We'd rather pay 20% a year for support and upgrades - given the overall cost of the software, even 25% would work.
Also don't like being pushed to sign-in with Linked-In for this survey.

Leilani grace D.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Friendly Dialer

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Pros

It is easy downloadable in the xlite website. It is easy to use. A lot of my agents in my previous homebased company were using this type of dialer

Cons

Sometimes my agents cannot hear the people their talking to and sometimes my agents cannot be heard by their customers

Ashley C.

I absolutely love Bria

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

We use Bria for our call center and is a great software. Easy to use. I love the fact that im able to see which agents are online and taking calls.

Cons

instant messaging feature does not work. other than that software is great and works properly to company standards

Jose F.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Incredible SIP Phone

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Pros

Easy to use and very intuitive to make a SIP configuration, support G729

Cons

have many crashes in Windows 10, and the updates are no faster to come.

Response from CounterPath

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm happy to hear how easy Bria is to set up and use. Please know we are constantly working to improve our products and services.

Brittany W.
  • Industry: Plastics

This is a very low budget dialing system

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

Its safe to say you get what you pay for with this system. It dials (sometimes) it is a very linear product make calls clip paste and call, that makes it very limited but simple and cost effective.

Cons

There is very limited functionality with this product, no call back notes or way to track if a client has been called multiple times. It is very slow and unreliable as well, maybe that is due to the large amount of people using it, but if you are larger than a team of one this is not a great choice.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Rather unpleasant.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

Well, we choose this route to get away from paying several hundred on desk phones. Loved the money saved for the business. Support was fairly good... they have built-in support-log generation.

Cons

My goodness did we have lots of bugs trying to incorporate this into our Cisco environment. They did not play well together. Everyone from users, helpdesk, and system admins did not approve of this software.

Fabiana H.

Best Softphone out there, seriously!

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

After a long softphone software analysis, our team finally got to the conclusion that there's nothing like Bria. It makes your phone system 10x easier. The best part of everything is being able to have a high quality phone call, keeping track of your calls on something else then the VoIP software as well and don't even get me started on the ease of use- it's brilliant!

Cons

I can only say that the downside of Bria is how expensive every license is. It's not accessible to small businesses.

Amadna M.

Worked for what we needed!

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

When I needed to call people using just my computer, it was a useful software that got the job done!

Cons

It wasn't the most intuitive piece of software to use, and some of the features were a bit confusing.

Melissa A.

Solid Softphone for SIP calls

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

The largest benefit to this software is connivence and cost effectiveness. Bria is compatible with many third party applications and most SIP providers will offer configuration support. The combined softphone and USB headset cost is much less than a VOIP phone / headset combo and has no desktop footprint.

Pros

The Bria software is a functional and reliable SIP solution with robust features. I appreciate the per station licensing, it works well in my environment where we have a bit of fluidity in seating. Configuration is relatively easy, as long as you know your SIP credentials! Configuring the headset is also very simple if the user is diligent about using the device set up utility when changing headsets or USB ports. Support for click to call handlers from third party apps is only available in this paid version, the free version (x-lite) no longer supports this. The ability to transfer to outside lines directly or with a call first option is the main factor for our continued use of this software.

Cons

Customer support is difficult to reach and response for the cloud hosted version was not satisfactory. Updates to the configuration menu caused all our users calls to fail and support was uninformed about the changes and necessary configuration fixes. Individual Bria licenses should immune from such risks as the configuration is saved locally. This is a moderate concern for me, but combined with the lack of an online manual for Bria 5 online (4 was the last version available but can no longer be found on their site) I have given customer support a rating of one star.

Robson G.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Bria Teams Works Almost Perfectly (Fix)

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

I've tried other voip software apps including browser based, and Bria Teams is the best in my opinion because it makes my job easy to provide simply great service to our customers.

Pros

This is my favorite phone software for helping our customers at Kalos Services Inc. Simply Great HVAC Service in Clermont, Florida. The reason we like it so much is because of it's ease of use and the ability to warm transfer our callers.

Cons

I had issues with the software freezing when I allowed the call log fill up. I highly recommend deleting your call log on a daily basis. There is an option for exporting your call history prior to deletion if you need to retain a record.

Response from CounterPath

Thank you for the amazing feedback. It's always great to hear that our product helps you provide great service to your customers.