Vevox

Live polling and Q&A solution for businesses of all sizes

4,7
4,7
4,4
4,8
4,9
George A.

5 Stars!

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Pros

Working in events, the thing I've noticed most is just how user-friendly it is, all the event chairs that have used the software have commented on how easy it is to use, it also really engages delegates and makes it so much easier to get interesting questions from the audience that they may not want to say out loud.

Cons

Havent had any issues regarding the service, but an additional feature to be able to rank answers and showcase the results visually would be a great addition

Response from Vevox

Hi George,

Thank you for the review. I'm pleased to hear that Vevox is very user-friendly and easy to use for all your event delegates, speakers and event chairs.

Kate N.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Using vevox in support of teaching

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

I really like vevox as a interactive tool to gather independent (and group) responses. It is easy to set up and use, and also really easy for people to access polls/surveys that you make live. I have found it useful as a way of encouraging 'audience participation' and getting (and giving) immediate feedback. I have found it a useful tool to support learners while they are studying materials independently.

Pros

I like the ability to run polls & surveys in real-time sessions but also the ability to run surveys to support asynchronous learning (i.e. independent study). This has enabled me to increase engagement during live sessions, and get and give immediate feedback to learners. It has also enabled me to support learning & engagement in between live sessions. The ability to set up a monitored question board has also been helpful during live sessions, and also in between sessions.

Cons

There is a slight variation in the question types between polls & surveys - the 'word cloud' feature is useful with the poll format (although not available in 'survey').

Response from Vevox

Hi Kate,

Thank you for the review! It is brilliant to hear that you like the ability to run live polls as well as leaving surveys open at the end of sessions, and that is has increased the engagement and responses from your students. It is also great to hear that you find Vevox an easy tool to use from the perspective of your participants.

Connor A.
Industry: Computer Software

A professional, useful polling app

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Vevox is great for allowing accurate results from debates in meetings to be collected, with the ease of joining polls and a very usable app, i think its great.
As mentioned earlier, if a simplified / kahoot! styled 'mode' was added, i think this would appeal to more events and younger audiences.

Pros

One of my favourite features is its integration with PowerPoint.
Another point would be the aesthetic of the app is very professional
The app itself is also very usable

Cons

I personally have always felt it lacks the certain engagement power of services such as kahoot!, which i know is more of a game styled polling service, but for simpler purposes, this would be favoured for a lot of people i know due to its simplicity and engagement. Otherwise i feel compared to other polling services, vevox has great competitive advantages.

Response from Vevox

Hi Connor,

Thank you for the review. I'm pleased to know that you like the PowePoint integration and find it useful. We're making improvements to our quizzing functionality in our next product releases so please stay tuned as this relates to your references around gamified polling.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Steve L.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great First Impressions ... and I'm looking forward to another excuse to use Vevox

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

On first use, I'm really impressed. The free tier on Vevox had all the functionality we needed to help us handle voting at the online AGM for our not-for-profit organisation. A call from a Vevox rep helped them understand what we're were up to and explained some of the additional features that I hadn't been able to try. Vevox also called after our meeting to gather feedback, which they seemed to take seriously. I'm optimistic that my suggestions will make it onto their roadmap.

I think Vevox works best for "real world" meetings when voters use the mobile app, or when using the mobile app during an online meeting that's accessed via a different device. I did try doing it all on one PC, all on one tablet, and all on one phone, and they all worked too ... it just detracted a little from the experience. Hopefully users who need to do that will be a small proportion of your "audience" as they were for me.

I've already recommended Vevox to others and am looking forward to giving the tool another try when the right opportunity arises.

Pros

Getting started as the "administrator" was very easy, and the free tier seems to offer pretty much all I could reasonably want or ask for for our not-for-profit organisation. That users can access our meeting's polls in a web-browser or in the free mobile apps is great. Also very impressed by the level of engagement from the company. Soon after signing up I had a helpful call from one of their team and offers of support and demos if needed.

Cons

In the middle of running a meeting I found it unhelpful that the confirmation dialog boxes appeared at the bottom edge of the screen where I wasn't really looking and had me confused for a minute. As the presence of those dialogs disables all other options they might as well be front and centre ... but probably this won't be a problem on second use in any case as now I know about it!

I'd have liked to be able to see who had and who had not voted without having to close the poll (and have a paid account to see vote details). The idea would be just to make sure that no-one attempting to vote in our meeting was having technical difficulties. For this purpose, knowing which option people had voted for would not be required, knowing that a vote has been registered for the person (or not) would be enough. Indeed, it would probably only be necessary for one such question per meeting, and could be a template question if necessary (such as "Can you vote in this Poll?").

Response from Vevox

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you have had a great first impression using Vevox, and that you had all the functionality you were looking for within the free account. It is also fantastic to hear that you received support from a member of our customer success team.

Thank you for your feedback and explaining your scenario. There are a couple of points that you have made that could definitely be discussed with the customer success team, I will forward your feedback onto them. It is however possible for participants to minimize the polling screen, there is an arrow on the screen to enable them to do this.

Charles C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Fantastic Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Our overall experience with Vevox is good, the constant engament with us asking what they can do to help improve there service for us is what keeps us with them.

Pros

What we liked most about Vevox here at the college is its ease of use. The menu for both the user and admin is very simple and well thought out, allowing for effective use without extensive training.

Cons

What we least liked about the software is its lack of socil media use.

Response from Vevox

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the review and your feedback. It's great that you find the product so easy to use for both the admin and users perspective.

If you have any other product feedback in the future, please do send this through to [email protected] as it's great to continually hear what's important to our users.

Imogen F.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

New quizzing features have transformed our weekly team meetings!

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Vevox are constantly refreshing and releasing new features and updating the product, so I would advise keeping an eye out for new releases and giving them a go!

Pros

The new quizzing and leaderboard features are simply fantastic! I have used Vevox for a few years for our team meetings, mainly using simple polls and Q&A, but since lockdown I've been running team quizzes using the recently launched new features, and have to say that my team are a lot more engaged and morale seems boosted.

Being able to get competitive against each other and see where you are scoring on the leaderboard is great fun, but also having the flexibility to do this anonymously if you want is ideal. The quiz set-up was a lot easier than I initially expected, so would certainly recommend giving it a go.

Cons

I didn't see the numeric question options on first glance, so perhaps these could be made more obvious/elevated. When I was setting my quiz up I contacted the Vevox customer service team with a few questions and they were very helpful at helping me out and making me look like a quizzing pro! No hitches on quiz night and was very pleased with how it went. Will certainly be doing another quiz asap!

Response from Vevox

Hi Imogen,

Thank you for the lovely review. It's fantastic to hear that you are enjoying our new quizzing features and that using Vevox has been beneficial to your team's engagement. It is also great to hear that you found the set-up easy, and when you did have questions you received the help you were looking for from our customer success team.

Scott N.
Industry: Retail

Veevox Customer Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

Pros

The feature we use most with this app is the anonymous feedback. Veevox very easily allows us to capture anonymous questions and feedback during our regular townhalls.

Cons

I feel like the presentation mode could be improved. It may be the way we use the application, but it always seems clunky when we switch from presenting to the Q&A part of our presentations. There is a lot of switching between applications (PowerPoint and our browser) and it rarely goes smoothly.

Response from Vevox

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you particularly enjoy Vevox's anonymity feature and use it regularly in your townhalls.

We have recently updated our Present view functionality as part of our latest product release, so you will find the presenting process a lot easier and smoother to navigate. If you have any other questions, or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Sylvia H.
Industry: Education Management

Great features and easy use

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

The use of Vevox gives our participants the possibility of active feedback during the conferences. We got a lot of good feedback about it.
Great product and great customer service!

Pros

-easy use as admin and as customer
-powerpoint implementation
-option of polls (I love the word cloud features.)
-great interaction opportunity during our conferences
-Vevox implement continously new features.

Cons

Unfortunately they did not change the survey sign if this option is not in use. This is a bit difficult for the user experience.

Response from Vevox

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you find Vevox easy to use, and enjoy the PowerPoint integration. It is also brilliant to know that you have had great opportunities for interaction in your sessions.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the survey sign in. If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website.

Kay T.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Making virtual meetings interactive

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Extremely positive - product, performance and support are all great. This was my first time using this type of app and I couldn't have asked for a better experience

Pros

I needed to find a way to make a fairly dull topic interesting and more importantly ensure my virtual audience were engaged - Vevox did this and it was really easy to setup and use
Excellent customer service and support (see my single con - the team helped me)

Cons

Very few down sides, almost everything was intuitive but I did forget to start the meeting before trying to start my first poll - once I figured out my omissions everything was great
I did get myself confused during the setup as I thought it couldn't be as simple as it was, so kept trying to find what I had missed
1 improvement would be nice, it isn't intuitive how you can edit existing poll answers - un-checking the correct answer is the way, but I had to be told

Response from Vevox

Hi Kay,

Thank you for your review. It is fantastic to hear that your first time use of Vevox made your virtual meeting more engaging, and that you received the support you were looking for from our Customer Support Team when you needed assistance.

Trevor P.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good and easy to use polling software

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

Benefits are more user engagement with my presentations which is super important in an educational setting. It also helps me gather intel before events to help me prepare.

Pros

It is integrated into powerpoint. Having an institutional account with the university I work for makes using Vevox super easy.

Cons

It takes a bit of practice to get used to those being polled asking me the polster questions about why the vevox app didn't work as expected for them. This was mainly not vevox's fault but rather the fault of the user who's tech wasn't up to the task or they hadn't used the app before.

Response from Vevox

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for the review. It's great to hear that you particularly like using our PowerPoint integration and find Vevox easy to use. It is also great to know that you benefit from greater engagement in your presentations.

If you need any support with set-up or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website.

Lewis T.

Vevox Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Great way to capture audience views and to engage the audience through a bring your own device method.

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate through. Very user friendly. Accessing online through the web app and URL is a lot more time convenient than downloading the app. Delegates find it a lot easier to log in online rather than to download the app as this can take some time and by the time the polling starts to run they have not had time to download the app. Vevox a great easy way to capture audience polling opinions and questions for a Q&A session at a large symposium or a meeting. We use Vevox mainly with the PowerPoint plug-in as it works great with the main slides and is easy to transition between the two wittout too much visual change. Q&A with moderation works very well using iPads for the moderation and the questions for the main stage/chair.

Cons

Wordclouds through the PPT plug-in should be in real time. Overall a fantastic user friendly product but there are a few things with Vevox that could improve on. Options with more than one line appear centralized on the delegates phone and the rest of the content is left aligned, this looks strange and no way to change. Also it would be great if wordclouds could appear in real-time through the PPT plug-in as our clients tend to use the PPT plug-in but steer from the wordcloud as it does not appear in real time.

Response from Vevox

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for the review and your feedback. It's brilliant to hear that you find Vevox to be very easy to use and user-friendly.

Lotte S.
Industry: Events Services

Simple and affordable app solution for events

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

The team at Vevox are extremely responsive and supportive when contacted. They take feedback on board and are quick to respond with solutions. We have enjoyed working with them.

Pros

Vevox is very easy to use and set up. It has a simple back end that can be adapted quickly and branded to the event colours and requirements. The voting and polling offers a great selection of features including the creation of word clouds which our clients love. The Q&A section is very user friendly also and allows high levels of engagement.
It is also very simple from a user perspective and as it can be web based it avoids delegates having to download an app to their devices (which they are often reluctant to do).
It is also very affordable compared to many other solutions on the market, allowing clients budgets to be met easily and for interactivity to be provided on even small scale events.

Cons

We have had a couple of recommendations for Vevox over our working relationship, the most important of which was the function for delegates to 'like' questions and for these to then jump to the top of the list so the moderators could see which questions were of the most importance to the audience. This feature has now been incorporated which is great for our clients.
The app does not provide a full conference app solution so speakers and interactive programmes can not be included. This may be a negative to some companies but we feel it's simplicity is an advantage as it avoids any confusion and allows for high levels of usability. We find full conference apps are less of a requirement for our clients.

Response from Vevox

Hi Lotte,

Thank you for the review. It's brilliant to hear that you've Vevox easy to set up and use and you also find the features of polling, Q&A and word clouds to be user-friendly.

Pedro Z.
Industry: Events Services

A great, easy and cheap way to provide interactivity in a meeting

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

We use them when clients ask for an interactive option not too expensive or when they call us for a meeting in the same week and no time for bringing clickers. Also in a showroom to energize it with Vevox instaled in several tablets.

Pros

It's very friendly to program and to teach to program. It is absdolutelu reliable and easy dor set up. I use it in events with 450 users and no wifi, just 3-4G working as web-app. I like I can reuse scheduled questions and surveys and a tablet to receive the questions from the audience. The power point add-in it is very useful and easy to program.

Cons

I think they are working on it but at this moment there isn't scoring questions for quizzes and some clients ask for it. Hope this will arrive soon. They ask customers for feedback and make changes in the app keeping it simple.

Response from Vevox

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for the review. It's nice to hear that you find Vevox to be very simple to use to engage your audiences at events through polling and Q&A.

Jo H.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Perfect for garnering opinion and discussion in lockdown's virtual meetings.

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Pros

Colleagues found it easy to download on a separate device to their laptop; whilst as meeting organiser I found the 'single-sign-on' (due to pharma company purchase of licence) easy on my laptop for 'creation' of the meeting and getting the poll questions ready etc. Even uploaded the meeting promotional slide pic to the 'front' so people instantly 'saw' they were in the right meeting. Poll creation is easy with a load of classic poll answers to 'import' so I used these. It was good to have visibility of percentage logged on and answering- when got to 95% happy to close and push the results into a neat table. They could all see this - so worked well. Our employees are always very vociferous and questions started coming in throughout the meeting. Good to see duplicate ideas kept to a minimum by the 'like' vote functionality. Plus my ability to 'hive them off' to an archive once they'd been dealt with - keeping the amount of text to read (when it's on a mobile)down to a minimum. I haven't used the wordcloud or more importantly the survey function yet - but will be excited to try that next, judging by the success of the polls and questions aspect.

Cons

With the questions being less able to be duplicated or kept to a minimum by the 'like' vote functionality, it was a little irritating that the 'most liked' ones didn't 'rise to the top' so to speak

Response from Vevox

Hi Jo,

Thank you for the review. It's great to hear that both yourself and your colleagues have found Vevox easy to use and that you are looking forward to trying out some of our other features.

If you need any assistance with optimizing the functionality of your present view or have any other questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or through our website.

Adam A.
Company size: Self Employed

Learn itr today, use it tomorrow

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

I run an audience response company, where I frequently take keypads to conferences and events. Taking several keypads abroad can be logistically challenging so when the audience can bring their own devices and use Vevox, it makes life much easier.
Vevox is a great tool for collecting questions and comments at an event. You have the option of sending questions anonymously which in my experience makes people more honest.

Pros

Vevox is very simple to use because it's interface is very intuitive and clearly laid out. It's easy to use for both presenters and audience. Once you are connected to the internet, Vevox doesn't use up much bandwidth. As a result I have never experienced any lagging or delays with connection.
You can use Vevox to ask an audience a range of questions, most commonly used are multiple choice and open ended questions.
You also have the option to run Vevox via your PowerPoint presentations. Your polling/ question slides will then match the slides in the rest of your presentation.

Cons

A couple of additions would be welcome such as the option to add an event agenda. However, Vevox functions are continually being updated.

Response from Vevox

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the review and your feedback. It's great to hear that you find Vevox to be very simple to use and intuitive for live polling and Q&A.

Rob C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Stakeholder Engagement Meeting

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Very positive - worked great and the audience loved seeing the thoughts and opinions of their peers. It also provided me with a set of feedback data to help further the stakeholder engagement programme.

Pros

Its ease of use - both in the set-up of the software but running in a live meeting as well. I prefer to use the PPT plugin which is incredibly intuitive to use. It also allows me to run through my slides seamlessly without coming out of presentation mode.

Cons

A ran a number of word clouds in my session. The formating of these was slightly off I couldn't work out why. I called the customer service team who said my PPT template had been set-up incorrectly. They advised me what to do straight away. Not so much of a software glitch on the part of Vevox but a hairy moment nonetheless.

Response from Vevox

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the review. It's great to hear it has worked so well for you for your stakeholder engagement meetings and you've found the product to be very easy to use.

Grace S.
Industry: Events Services

Great service from a brilliant team!

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Pros

Easy to use, and well explained to our delegates. Dermott took the reins with a fantastic team who made the interactive voting incredibly smooth for our Engaging Employees Conference.

Cons

More development on the rating system for our speakers

Response from Vevox

Hi Grace,

Thank you for the review. It's great to hear that you find it so easy to use and Dermott will be pleased to hear this feedback.

Susan K.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A great addtiion to my toolkit

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

I'm using this tool to support a global transformation journey. It's really great for getting immediate visibility of what people are either interested in or concerned about. When combined with the reporting capability, it enhances my ability to determine the next phase of messaging. It is also a great tool to give feedback in the moment.

Pros

It's just so easy to use. Does exactly what it says it does on the tin. I don't need a degree to be able to use this great tool. Such a relief

Cons

It's a great tool - what is there not to like!

Response from Vevox

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the review. It's brilliant to hear that you find Vevox such an easy tool to use, and especially positive to hear that from using us you've been able to get instant visibility on the thoughts and feedback of your participants.

We look forward to hearing how you get on in your future sessions, and hope your global transformation journey is a success.

Virginia G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

So easy to use and fun for the audience

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Their customer service team are outstanding and they have so many resources to help me if I get stuck on anything. The product is very user friendly, and I particularly enjoy using the word cloud option.

Pros

I like that it is easy to setup. I use this product on presenter view rather than through PowerPoint because I mainly use it company wide meetings.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like! Everything works just how I need it to.

Response from Vevox

Hi Virginia

Thank you for the review. It's nice to hear that you find it so easy to setup Vevox and everything is working so well for you.

Ben B.

Vevox for Online Scouting

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/05/10

So far, it has been very good. The scouts really engaged with the quiz, I think they likes the technology and was a big hit. They are excited about doing it again!

Pros

Very easy to setup polls and quizzes, also save them and share them with others in the group. I found that getting the scouts into the quiz really easy as it is very simple for the participants to use, no sign up or adverts to distract and worked on many platforms. Everyone was able to use it alongside our video chat.

Cons

Took me a little while to figure out how to make multiple question quizzes, but figured it out. Would be great to have a resource of JSON format quizzes, like a community space to share quizzes of different categories.

Response from Vevox

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the review and feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you found Vevox easy to use with your scouts, and that everyone is excited to use it again!

If you have any further suggestions please do send it through to [email protected] and we would be more than happy to look at these. We always aim to continue developing our product through our customer's thoughts. Should you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website.

Tom W.

A solid, simple product

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

It's a really good product with ore features being added. The PPT integration is a massive bonus as I can use my preexisting skills to make the learning curve less steep

Pros

Integration with PowerPoint. Pretty light weight. Pretty customisable.

Cons

The word cloud is a bit laggy. I would really like to be able to create my own meeting ID's with text, rather than just having a randomly generated number

Response from Vevox

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the review and feedback. I'm pleased that you find the tool to be customisable and that you like our PowerPoint Integration.

Marcia O.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Vevox engages users without fear

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Works well when teaching and getting students engaged.

Pros

Vevox is easy to use and engages the users without embarrassing themselves or having a loss of confidence.

Cons

I am limited to the amount of responses and the cloud is limited in characters.

Response from Vevox

Hi Marcia,

Thank you for the review and your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you find Vevox to be very useful for participants to share questions or ideas without the fear of judgment. If you have any product feedback in the future, please do send this through to [email protected] as it's great to continually hear what's important to our users.

Peri K.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Helpful Produce - Excellent Support

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/04/21

The customer service team helped me come up to speed on the use of the tool in a very short period of time to help support a global call that I was running.

Pros

Integrated into .ppt
Ease of use to learn

Cons

The download capability of data on the back-end.

Response from Vevox

Hi Peri,

Thank you for the review. I'm pleased to hear that you found the Vevox platform easy to learn, and have benefited from the support of our customer service team.

We always love to hear customer feedback and our product team like to know how the platform can be improved, so please do drop us line on email to [email protected] with any product feedback (such as the data reporting side of things you have mentioned, as it would be good to know more specifics on your use case for this).

If you need any other assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website.

William D.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

All you could need in polling software

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Fantastic. Started using it as a 'test your knowledge' mid-lecture type of polling approach. Has gone to be used to collect student feedback on modules, alongside becoming an integral part of most of our lecture material.

Pros

The ease by which users can participate (no lengthy sign-ups!); the ability to 'push' data back to users; the intuitive UI and design

Cons

Integration with PowerPoint (although, this has improved)

Response from Vevox

Hi William,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you find Vevox easy to use and intuitive.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our integration with PowerPoint, we have recently updated our integration to further improve its functionality. If you need any assistance with this or have any other questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Pros

The ability to interact with the attendees of our events in real time, allowing us to see rolling updates on satisfaction and engagement with the delegation.

Cons

Occasionally experience a lag in results displayed on powerpoint, but other than that I see very minimal cons!

Response from Vevox

Thank you for the review. It's great that Vevox has enabled to effectively increase engagement and audience interaction for your events.