Vevox

Live polling and Q&A solution for businesses of all sizes

• Used for 2+ years

My Go-To Voting/Polling Interactive

Reviewed on 2021/07/02

My original use of Vevox was to improve the Learning Centre induction experience & takeup of several hundred new learners at a Further Education college. Our satisfaction rates rose by over 15% to 95% following the introduction of Vevox into the sessions and the takeup the 2nd year was 100% of the curriculum areas. Since then I have used Vevox for workshop deliveries, with older learners and with volunteers. Every time that I have used Vevox the feedback has been positive and it has improved the learning experience. I would recommend Vevox for use with face-to-face groups or online.

Pros

This is such an easy product to use both from the creator and, more importantly, the user perspective. It has all the features that I want - a web version of the app, the app, the accessibility feature of both questions and answers being on the user screen as well as on the main screen, clarity of display (fonts, colours and contrast), word cloud creation, voting, polling etc. An important feature for me is the integration with PowerPoint. It is incredibly easy to add new Vevox slides to a presentation or to convert slides to an existing presentation. This is important in an educational situation where staff and students are already familiar with this software. It adds instant feedback, can be used with a face-to-face group and online, students of all ages find it fun to use and consequently it improves the learning experience.

Cons

I recently tested the Zoom integration for a presentation with Vevox embedded and found that some users with lower IT skills struggled. They found the fact that it was a Vevox link rather than a Zoom link confusing initially and then struggled with the split-screen. However, the same users found the vevox.app version on their phones or iPad really easy to use when I ran the session as a standard Zoom session with Vevox questions in a presentation. I'm providing feedback to Vevox about these experiences and anticipate, that with their excellent customer care, a solution will be provided quickly.

Response from Vevox

Hi Kay,

Thank you for the lovely review! It is fantastic to hear that you think Vevox is such an easy to use tool, for both presenter and participant and that you benefit from all of the available features, including our PowerPoint integration. It is also brilliant to hear that your satisfaction rates rose from 15% to 95% following the introduction of Vevox in your sessions.

If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website.

Lizzie
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Vevox used in remote HCP training

Reviewed on 2021/01/18

Vevox is an easy to use software, with user friendly features and applications. A great solution to make PowerPoint presentations, meetings and training events more interactive and fun, even if they need to be done remotely.

Pros

We're using Vevox in place of a tool that only allowed us polling with the use of a small, handheld device without the option of transferring it to digital for remote training. Vevox is the perfect alternative that is easy to use both from the aspect of the administrator and from the end-user aspect. The software enables us to incorporate polling into training presentations easily and without the need to re-create the presentation slides, as it is integrated into Microsoft PowerPoint. Creating polling slides and comparing results is done effortlessly, and the data can be easily lifted for analysis at the end. It's great that the user experience can be personalised. As a new user of Vevox, I haven't had the chance to explore all the features yet, but so far it has been an exceptionally good experience. The training provided at the beginning is much needed, but after the initial hurdles using the software is fairly intuitive. There's also great customer support at hand, even on short notice, for example when I had trouble shortly before a presentation.

Cons

So far the software has delivered what's expected, so there isn't anything I feel is missing.

Response from Vevox

Hi Lizzie,

Thank you for your review. It is fantastic to hear that you have been using Vevox for your remote training and that you have found it easy to use. It is also excellent to hear that you have received great support from our Customer Success Team.

Amy

vevox review

Reviewed on 2021/10/12

Pros

I got very good technology support when I have question

Cons

The user interface is not beautiful enough

Response from Vevox

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you have received great support from our Customer Success Team.

Thank you also for your feedback on our user interface, we are launching a new product update very soon which will add new features to our dashboard to improve user experience. You can read about the update in our recent blog: https://www.vevox.com/blog/vevox-product-update-march-2022

Oliver

Useful tool for events

Reviewed on 2024/01/08

Pros

We enjoy using Vevox as it allows us to collate questions during live event Q&As easily. Being able to access it on any web browser without an app download is a big plus, and removes barriers for when we use it with clients.

Cons

Sometimes the wording between each 'column' can be confusing to our events clients that use it for the first time. However this is usually overcome after a demonstration and further explanation.

When sharing links for the Q&A feature are shared, it isn't possible to change which column is being shown, so new links need to be generated.

Charles

Fantastic Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Our overall experience with Vevox is good, the constant engament with us asking what they can do to help improve there service for us is what keeps us with them.

Pros

What we liked most about Vevox here at the college is its ease of use. The menu for both the user and admin is very simple and well thought out, allowing for effective use without extensive training.

Cons

What we least liked about the software is its lack of socil media use.

Slido

Reasons for Switching to Vevox

The simplicity and ease of use made us choose vevox as we can now easily teach others how to use it effectivly.

Response from Vevox

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the review and your feedback. It's great that you find the product so easy to use for both the admin and users perspective.

If you have any other product feedback in the future, please do send this through to [email protected] as it's great to continually hear what's important to our users.

Mark
  • Industry: Events Services

Great product...even better support!

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

Its a really great and robust software that's posed very few, if indeed any issues, since we've been using it.
Clients love the simplicity of it and we love being able to deploy it for an event with such ease.
Functionality aside, the back end support we get from 'Team Vevox' is awesome: there's no problem to big and there's always the offer of a solution for our requirements.
Top product coupled with five star service. Top marks all round!

Pros

The software makes it so easy for us to engage with our audiences. Long gone are the days of spending hours uploading, importing, exporting and back end tinkering - I love the simplicity of being able to get the system up and running quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Nothing yet - all seems to work as I need it

Response from Vevox

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your review. It is brilliant to hear that you think Vevox is a great product, that your clients love the simplicity, and that you have received great support from our Customer Success Team.

Prince
Prince
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

VEVOX review

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Pros

The live polling feature is by far the best, you can engage with your audience with no disruption over your powerpoint. This software is user friendly and more direct.

Cons

This software comes with everything that is needed and I don't think there are any cons as of yet.

Response from Vevox

Hi Prince,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you find Vevox's software user friendly, and particularly benefit from our PowerPoint integration.

Abdul
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Feedback

Reviewed on 2023/11/22

I am using it on a weekly basis, and it is very useful for a large number and saves a lot of time.

Pros

Easy to use and saves time to deliver effectively.

Cons

Wordcloud number is limited to 20 and must be from 40-50

Val
  • Industry: Events Services

Events Services - Vevox Top feature!

Reviewed on 2024/01/08

Vevox is one of those features that make everything easy for an interactive session with your audience. We love it and our customers do as well. Love it!

Pros

Being able to customize the sessions is what I like the most about Vevox.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Vevox.

Demmi

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2024/01/09

Pros

Vevox is great with making online calls more engaging with the audience, it is great to receive feedback from the audience. Very simple to use and set up, wide range of ways to take questions and reports to access the data taken from polls and questions.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that I do not like about Vevox.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

More than 5 stars really - this tool/company is exceptional

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

My biggest concern transitioning in my business (I'm a solopreneur) to primarily virtual speaking, training, and meeting facilitation like I did in 2020 is losing audience engagement, or not being able to easily check engagement as it's happening... or after/before - Vevox solves this. They also make set-up /learning about their tools digestible and succinct, but thorough (also, often have the option of video or text). As I learn about a new feature or a tool I haven't used or something, I appreciate this.

Pros

I love the polls with word cloud, the most - I'm a speaker and audiences LOVE this - as do I. It's fun, easy to run, works well, and dramatically increases engagement. Plus the set-up makes it so that anybody can easily engage (they just click the meeting link and that's it).

Cons

I haven't yet found anything I don't like tool-wise - the only thing that went wrong was my first attempt at integrating with PowerPoint didn't work. I was presenting and tried to do a word cloud poll inside my PP and it didn't work, was pretty embarrassing and confused my audience too. After the meeting, I reached out to my Vevox customer service rep about it because I wasn't sure what happened (spoiler alert - user error!). Anyway, he responded with what likely could have happened (he was right) - but then went a step further and asked if I wanted to talk more about it. And then met 1:1 with me. We walked through what happened, how it happened - and what I needed to do instead, such above and beyond help.

Response from Vevox

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for the fantastic review. It is wonderful to hear that you particularly enjoy our word cloud polls and how engaged your audiences have been. Thank you also for your kind words about our Customer Success Team, it is brilliant to hear that you have been so well looked after and feel supported by Vevox.

Lotte
  • Used for 2+ years

Simple and affordable app solution for events

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

The team at Vevox are extremely responsive and supportive when contacted. They take feedback on board and are quick to respond with solutions. We have enjoyed working with them.

Pros

Vevox is very easy to use and set up. It has a simple back end that can be adapted quickly and branded to the event colours and requirements. The voting and polling offers a great selection of features including the creation of word clouds which our clients love. The Q&A section is very user friendly also and allows high levels of engagement.
It is also very simple from a user perspective and as it can be web based it avoids delegates having to download an app to their devices (which they are often reluctant to do).
It is also very affordable compared to many other solutions on the market, allowing clients budgets to be met easily and for interactivity to be provided on even small scale events.

Cons

We have had a couple of recommendations for Vevox over our working relationship, the most important of which was the function for delegates to 'like' questions and for these to then jump to the top of the list so the moderators could see which questions were of the most importance to the audience. This feature has now been incorporated which is great for our clients.
The app does not provide a full conference app solution so speakers and interactive programmes can not be included. This may be a negative to some companies but we feel it's simplicity is an advantage as it avoids any confusion and allows for high levels of usability. We find full conference apps are less of a requirement for our clients.

Response from Vevox

Hi Lotte,

Thank you for the review. It's brilliant to hear that you've Vevox easy to set up and use and you also find the features of polling, Q&A and word clouds to be user-friendly.

We look forward to hearing how you get on in future sessions.

Lucy
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used for Free Trial

Vevox for virtual internal team event

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Great - easy to use and to implement into presentations! You can personalize the user experience through design of the polling platform and have different polling options too. It also offers an analysis slide to compare polling results and a simple instructions slide for your meetings when asking attendees to joint he polling platform. The customer experience was very efficient and relaxed too. There was no force or uncomfortable push on selling either. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was so informative and really cared about our experience.

Pros

The software looked appealing and easy to use when watching initial videos and exploring the product website. I really like the design and especially how it offered to integrate with PPT, which was a really important factor for me to use in our teams presentations.
I also really valued the fact that it offered free use of the tool for up to 500 participants with basic polling activities, this is rarely offered. I would have gone for the free option but wanted to explore more than the basic polling, so got in touch with the team who responded immediately and set-up a call to discuss the very next day. The VoxBot worked great and i really liked how you were offered a 1:1 meeting with somebody from the team to have a simple, easy conversation to answer questions on the product plus, discuss bespoke packages i.e. one off event use.

Cons

I'm familiar with polling so I was quick to adopt the tool.
Videos and 1:1 sessions are available - i did not take part in these but they seem very useful. Your sales rep is only an email away and quick to respond to questions. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] even kindly sourced an example poll i wanted to use in my presentation and shared screen and stepped through some basics with me.
My only feedback was the display of the results of the data, all of them being bar charts, it would be nice to have a pie chart display or horizontal bar chart option instead. Also to have the option to include photos on some of the polls for answers etc.

Response from Vevox

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you think Vevox is easy to use and particularly benefit from the PowerPoint Add-in. It is also fantastic to hear that our Customer Success team were easy to have a conversation with and helped you get set up.

Pedro
  • Industry: Events Services

A great, easy and cheap way to provide interactivity in a meeting

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

We use them when clients ask for an interactive option not too expensive or when they call us for a meeting in the same week and no time for bringing clickers. Also in a showroom to energize it with Vevox instaled in several tablets.

Pros

It's very friendly to program and to teach to program. It is absdolutelu reliable and easy dor set up. I use it in events with 450 users and no wifi, just 3-4G working as web-app. I like I can reuse scheduled questions and surveys and a tablet to receive the questions from the audience. The power point add-in it is very useful and easy to program.

Cons

I think they are working on it but at this moment there isn't scoring questions for quizzes and some clients ask for it. Hope this will arrive soon. They ask customers for feedback and make changes in the app keeping it simple.

Response from Vevox

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for the review. It's nice to hear that you find Vevox to be very simple to use to engage your audiences at events through polling and Q&A.

If you have any product feedback in the future, please do send this through to [email protected] as it's great to continually hear what's important to our users.

Celine
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

feedback from a regular user

Reviewed on 2021/11/15

see "most liked"

see "most liked"

Pros

it is a good tool to gather people votes, have Q&A (good to see the most liked question), the poll questions are useful, it helps create interaction remotely

Cons

app not very easy to use,
little selection of backgrounds, and not very appealing,
interface is not so easy to use
i didn't find how to include power point slides,
overall i'm sorry to report that i preferred using Mentimeter and i've had to adapt to Vevox as my subscription was not renewed, i hope this will help you improve this tool that has a good potential with a few adjustments i'll give a much better review :-)

Response from Vevox

Hi Celine,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that using Vevox's polling and Q&A functionality has enabled interaction remotely in your organisation.

Thank you for your feedback on customization, we have 24 pre-designed meeting themes currently, but there are limitless options for truly personalizing your session under the 'custom' theme settings. Here is a helpful article that can help you with this: https://help.vevox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001047818-Customizing-the-look-and-feel-of-Vevox

Here is another useful link to our helpsite, this specifically offers support articles for enabling Vevox polling within PowerPoint: https://help.vevox.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001607057-PowerPoint-Add-in

We would like to offer you further help and support to make the most out of your Vevox account. If you would like to access this please email us at [email protected]

Jessica
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Jess Hill UWTSD

Reviewed on 2023/11/28

I have had some issues in the beginning such as Vevox not connecting with PPT, but Vevox support have been brilliant and have helped me get back on track. I am growing in confidence and developing sessions including the Vevox platform. I have been nervous about using it but I have been determined to get to grips with it, which I feel like I am gaining as I really like interactive tools as I feel they are important for learning and engagement.

Pros

The polling aspect. Having two different options - I use the Beta for in class sessions and the older version for online sessions. The fact that it can be integrated in PowerPoint and used within the slides is great. I also really like the word cloud!

Cons

Having to drag up the polling slides in PPT with the Beta version.
It can be a little awkward waiting until the last person answers if you don't have the timer on.

Response from Vevox

Hi Jess thanks for taking the time to review Vevox for PowerPoint polling and creating the always crowd pleasing word clouds! Great to hear our lovely customer success team were able to assist you.

The Office 365 PowerPoint add in has had two more updates since this review adding some helpful features and making it even more intuitive to to set up and use. I hope these will be useful to you.

All the best and happy polling!

The Vevox team

Vevox Feedback

Reviewed on 2023/04/04

Vevox has certainly helped us in what we do and when we have contacted the Support Team they have been great. Generally recommend them to others but with the caveat it can be a little erratic.

Pros

Vevox helps us create some active content in online courses that can be sometimes a little dry. It helps assess delegate participation and understanding. It also allows Trainers to see if someone is not quite fully understanding an aspect of the course but without any embarrassment from the attending delegates as it is all anonymous.

Cons

It can still be somewhat "erratic" and doesn't always decide to play ball. The trainers who use it are now used to ad-libbing when Vevox doesn't play ball but it wold be good if we could rely on it 100%.

Response from Vevox

Hi Kay,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that using Vevox has helped you assess participation and understanding in your training sessions, and it helps your trainers to identify areas to offer further support.

Thank you also for your feedback. I highly recommend you getting in touch with your Vevox Customer Success Representative for further support and they will be able to help you directly.

Karim
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used for 1+ year

Making Virtual Facilitation Engaging and Practical

Reviewed on 2021/08/05

Vevox helps meeting facilitation, training and presentations more engaging while working remotely. It helps a lot for improving interaction with the audience, keeping it inclusive for different personalities.

Pros

My favourite part about Vevox is the PowerPoint add-in. I can add polls and quizzes on the fly! With not too much hassle.

Cons

I can see some UI/UX for facilitators/presenters design that can be improved. The controls while presenting isn't very intuitive.

Response from Vevox

Hi Karim,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that your favourite Vevox function is our PowerPoint add-in and that it helps with your meeting facilitation and engaging audiences whilst working remotely.

Lisa
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Vevox is easy to use and offers a great range of options to engage learners

Reviewed on 2023/02/17

Vevox have fantastic customer support and their team feels like an extension of our own. I love that they are always working on the user experience and then take the time to share any updates with us. They are excited about their product and they love sharing it with us. Working in education, I particularly value the pedagogy webinars where other educators share how and why they are using Vevox. These always leave me with lots to think about and lots of ideas to share with others.

Pros

Vevox is easy to use and offers a great range of options to engage learners (colleagues, audiences etc). Having seen it in action, I can say that it makes a world of difference. Participants are willing to enter responses (the anonymity feature can be key here) and this allows the host to really find out what their participants think or know, and then to respond. If you are stuck for ideas, or reasons to use it, then have a look at their You Tube channel. I'm a huge fan of their pedagogy series and if you look through you will find out just why I think Vevox can be a magic wand in our virtual, digital, and face to face lessons, meetings, conferences....

Cons

There is nothing at all that I want to add here.

Response from Vevox

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you find Vevox easy to use, and engages your learners well, and that you find the resources on our YouTube channel particularly helpful! It is also fantastic to hear that you feel well supported by our Customer Success Team.

Shafik
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

the definitive tool to maximise engagement within companies

Reviewed on 2020/11/09

Excellent, and personally I contacted the Vevox team via the web, and within less than 30 mins a personal email follow up to help me with my problem came, awesome customer support guys, really well done.

Pros

Brilliantly easy tool to setup and run polls, drive interaction and engagement, and gauge the tone and sentiment of your audience when running large internal meetings. During Covid times when people can't come together in person, it's every more important to stay connected. At GSK, this is really helping us do this.

Functions like PPT integration, polls, Q&A are all brilliant, plus live output visually e.g. the word cloud function is brilliant. For the future, fund more templates to change the look and feel of infographics coming out of meetings.

Cons

Nothing really... just keep inventing and upgrading it's functionality. Integrating it with PPT is great, but I found out about this randomly... so maybe ensuring your global clients are aware of its functionality and capability would grow engagement. If we were as familiar with this as we are with say powerpoint, connection across our company would no doubt improve.

Response from Vevox

Hi Shafik,

Thank you for your review. It is fantastic to hear that you have found Vevox easy to set up and run, and that using Vevox has helped drive interaction and engagement in your internal meetings.

Ronald

Advantages of Vevox

Reviewed on 2022/08/31

Very positive. It was enjoyed by the class and myself.

Very positive. It was enjoyed by the class and myself.

Pros

I liked the utility of the app, particularly that it could be deployed from a cell phone. At USC we discourage the use of laptop computers in large classes, making use of alternate polling tools on platforms such as Zoom, Blackboard and Canvas contradictory to our policy.

I also liked the various forms of data collection and presentation, allowing the instructor to frame inquiries in different formats. Again, all helping to strengthen engagement

Cons

Can't say that I had a bad experience with the app. On the occasion when I did have a technical issue with log on the Support response was prompt and successful in resolving the problem.

Response from Vevox

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for your review. It is fantastic to hear that using Vevox has strengthened engagement in your classes and that you like the overall utility of the app.

Catherine
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy to use and great for a remote workforce

Reviewed on 2021/05/18

I love Vevox - it does the job well. I really value the mobile accessibility as I need to engage a global remote workforce and being able to access on a mobile makes that easy.

Pros

It's easy to use and customise - you can get started without any real knowledge. Once you know more there's lots of useful features to discover.

Cons

I'm not a big fan of the recent update - I've found it less intuitive in some areas and my colleagues have commented the same thing.
Adding more competition and quiz features would have been useful over the past year.

Response from Vevox

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for your review. It is fantastic to hear that you have found Vevox easy to use and customize to your branding requirements.

Thank you also for your feedback, we have recently updated Vevox again to further improve it's usability and provide more engaging features.

My thoughts on Vevox

Reviewed on 2021/11/16

Pros

Excellent for meetings with over 300 plus attendees and always work well. It is very useful that named individuals can be presenters. With large meetings it is great to be able to have control on who can speak. It is straightforward to set up meetings and add links to send to attendees - very clear and easy to do. Attendees seem to have no problem using Vevox.

Cons

Not good for recurring meetings. I have monthly meetings using Vevox and when I set up the calendar invitation have to do every action 12 times which is time consuming and inefficient. Also cannot use a distribution list which is tedious when adding presenters. Would be useful if there was a way of archiving past Vevox meetings or putting them in a folder in order to tidy up the dashboard. The more Vevox meetings I have the more show up on the dashboard and it is very cluttered.

Response from Vevox

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that using Vevox helps enable engagement in your large meetings, and that you find it easy to set up your meetings.

Thank you also for your feedback on recurring meetings and archiving old sessions. For your recurring meetings, duplicating previous sessions will help reduce the set up time. Here is a helpful article to support you with this: https://help.vevox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007542378-Duplicating-a-session

I have also passed on your other feedback on distribution lists and improving our dashboard organisation as suggestions to the Vevox feedback team for future product developments.

We would like to offer you additional support to help you make the most of your Vevox account. Please email us at [email protected] if you would like to access this.

Holly
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A great, easy to use platform

Reviewed on 2023/03/07

It really helps connect people!

It really helps connect people!

Pros

The product is easy to use for administrators and users

Cons

We cannot filter out certain offensive words

Response from Vevox

Hi Holly,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you find Vevox easy to use and that it helps connect people.

Thank you also for your feedback on filtering language. Vevox does have a pre-defined profanity filter which you can turn on for your sessions, but if this does not filter out the words you have seen appear, there is an administrator setting where you can filter out specific words/sentences on word cloud and open text polls. This can be done whilst your polls are running, but only if you have administrator access to the session. Please feel free to reach out to your Vevox Customer Success Manager if you'd like further details on how to implement this.

If you need any other assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website.

Alexandra
Alexandra
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

An e-learning and feedback tool worth having!

Reviewed on 2023/06/09

From the point of customer service, Vevox has one of the most hard-working and responsive teams I have ever encountered. Fraser and the team have worked tirelessly to solve any issues that I have actually reported. As a customer the fact that I do not dread and actually find enjoyable the interaction with the support team counts a lot. I also love the events that Vevox hosts, these are perfect opportunities to engage in communication and feedback between customers and learn of new ways to use the tool. Vevox has proven to be a great ecosystem for feedback and e-learning used on various groups from students to industry trainers!

Pros

I love the integration with PowerPoint and the fact that I can get nearly instantaneous reporting results. It is a great tool for feedback and interactivity within delivery as it allows more interaction between the audience and those delivering the content.

Cons

The fact that one cannot run multiple sessions in parallel, also the fact that in order to get the data (graphs and text-based comments) from the dashboard you have to run the session. There are issues with PowerPoint and you have to be an organiser on Teams to be able to integrate the application within the meeting invite.