Showing 37 reviews of 26

ECP

Assisted living solution for healthcare providers

Showing 37 reviews of 26
Dan M.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Pharmacy perspective on med/care charting software

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

The program is cost-effective, especially compared to competition. It is used at a variety of LTC locations through our pharmacies- 5 bed group homes to 100+ bed assisted living facilities. The ECP staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. There has been minimal downtime and countless improvements made since I've been involved with the program.

Pros

Ease of use is the most common praise from LTC facilities. The in-depth care charting tailored for LTC really sets the program apart from other software; its assessment and reporting tools are highly flexible and capable. People like the resident pictures and simple profile setup, and straightforward charting layout and process. Integration with the pharmacy software while not perfect is good and ever-improving. Medication orders go across as expected and reorders and problem submissions to the pharmacy are simple and effective.

Cons

I wish there were more alert features in the website. There's a dashboard in the mobile app, but it would be incredibly useful to have something similar that staff can check for new or updated medication orders pending verification, controlled substance count discrepancies, unified with current available overdue charting views. Startups can be labor-intensive as every medication order has to be verified, but this also gives security against error and flexibility not found in other pharmacy applications.

Response from ECP

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thorough and kind review.

We're excited to inform you that we'll soon be redesigning the ECP home screen to allow for the addition of more alerting features, such as, indications of unread messages, pending medication/resident updates, queued refill requests, and we have plans for the mobile app to allow medication checking.

We'll be sure to keep you in the loop as we make these improvements.

Thanks again for the feedback and being one of our great pharmacy partners.

James Baumeister
Director of Pharmacy Systems

Char W.

ECP

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Overall I have had all good experiences with ECP. It has made my world as Administrator much easier. The ECP team when you call the office are nothing but friendly and will work to help you solve your issues. I never feel rushed and to me that is important to learn things slowly

Pros

I come from old school where everything was hand written and kept in resident charts. This is so much easier and neater, easy to find history on anything I am looking for without having to dig through years of files. I am able to monitor how the residents are daily, I can monitor medication passes to make sure things are being done.

Cons

There is really nothing that I dont like, I just think there is so much I dont understand and could really use some training on things to better utilize all areas. One area I would really like to learn is using ECP for ISP's. Right now i had write all of them

Response from ECP

Thank you so much for the kind words. We love hearing how our software helps people in the field, care for residents.

We understand how important regulatory compliance and streamlining documentation such as ISPs (Care Plans) is for our communities. State Compliant Care Plans have been a core component in ECP for over a decade. We have State and license specific templates including assessments and required reporting for states across the U.S.

Someone from ECP will reach out to you to setup training and provide some help for you to create automated care plans and customizable reports that will be easily accessible for your community.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

Nicole Shelton
Senior Training and Compliance Specialist

Vicki D.

Ecp usage

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Very good

Pros

I like the new updates that come out. Once learned easy to use.

Cons

Not any training when updates are applied.

Jen M.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

NEW USER

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

While we are still newly transitioning, they try to be very flexible in working with us and our schedule.

Pros

We have not gone live yet, but I have had a little experience with ECP in a prior job. I did not get any training at that time, and this software is friendly enough, that I still was able to jump right in and go. Anytime I had questions, I could call customer service and they were available right away and helped me get to where I needed.

Cons

We are still in the integration phase. I wish we could have someone in person helping us through the initiation phase and not remotely. I do not like that the 'classification' for medications is just to help trigger rules. There really should be a true Drug Classification. The Drug Info link also is difficult to find the drug class. This is how the CBRF Med Administration course teaches, based off of drug classes, as well as nursing. Pharmacology is split into drug classes because indications for meds can be variable, the drug class tells you how the drug will affect your body. I really wish this was on there.

Response from ECP

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that our software is friendly enough for you to jump right in. Our experienced support team is available 24/7 and they are always happy to answer any questions.

Carly Smith our Director of Quality Improvement will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

Shannon W.

ECP-Easy to train...easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Pros

If you can browse the internet or shop online, you can use ECP. It is easy to teach staff how to use, it is user friendly to customize, pharmacy integration saves valuable nursing time, customer service is excellent. We have been very happy with ECP overall.

Cons

The program is not always stable while using a Chromebook. The demand causes the computer to freeze and require restarting.

Response from ECP

Thank you so much for your kind review. We love hearing about how our software was easily integrated into your home and importantly, saves staff time.

Some Chromebooks may not offer the processing power and memory you need for demanding web applications. They work well for basic web browsing but any robust program may cause issues from running out of memory.

We always like to go above and beyond for our customers and would be happy to discuss any questions that you might have. Our 24/7 support team can be reached at 262-684-5600 x1.

Richard M.

Convenient EMAR

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been exceptional with her support

Pros

Integration with Framework LTC software.

Cons

Some features are confusing for the nurses

Response from ECP

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have a long and vast history with pharmacies operating on Framework. Our real-time, hands-off interface makes it easy to automatically send medication & resident updates from your pharmacy's system. We can even send refill requests directly back to your system, or via fax if that's what you prefer.

We were happy to hear that our support team could reach out and assist with any questions your staff had and that there are no longer any issues that need to be addressed.

Our experienced support team is available 24/7. We also provide webinars frequently throughout the year. Prefer a self-directed approach? Visit ECP University to access help files and videos.

Damon F.

Multi-Building Usage

Reviewed on 2013/01/24

I would recommend it for any company. It is really nice for multi-building properties that share management teams. Management has an easier time keeping up to date on items, rather than having to go building to building to read nursing notes and get updates.

Pros

Easy for all staff levels to use.
Easy access to all buildings from one log in.
Ability to create all forms on program and reduce paper usage.
Fast/Easy way to update care plans and ensure staff are knowledgeable about every change in condition.
Report Generators take make it easy to see patterns.

Cons

Set up time.
Unable to upload state required forms, so we do them on paper then upload them into files on ECP.

Amy H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Love being able to monitor remotely. Being able to have the information at your fingertips and be able to run reports is great.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went out of her way to find me answers to my questions. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Wish all webinars were on website for users to watch.

Response from ECP

Thank you for an excellent suggestion. One of the reasons we do webinars is we want our customers to engage in dynamic conversations and ask questions.

However, we hear you and we agree that more people would benefit from the information if our webinars were available on demand. So we will be making more of our webinars available within ECP. You'll start seeing them soon.

Rachel Zweck
Sales Account Executive

Tomi M.

Excellent product and customer service!

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

ECP has been a great experience within our company.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and I like the way the whole system is laid out.

Cons

The only thing I struggled with on this program was the care plans.

Response from ECP

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Nicole, our Senior Training and Compliance Specialist, will be reaching out to you.

Trisha B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Feedback for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to catch mistakes.

Cons

Nothing we've noticed so far but it's a new program to us

Response from ECP

Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our software and are so excited to be a partner with your wonderful new community.

Len Hotz, CEO

Megan J.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

User friendly and customizable.

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

We use ECP for our EHR, our EMAR and most of our clinical applications across our 11 large Assisted Living/Memory Care communities. They are so good to work with and their customer support is extraordinary. I email about once a month over something or other which is usually an upgrade in the software.

Pros

I like that I can customize assessments for the team. ECP offers assessments for most states that are state required (like in Utah) for Assisted Living. Most of the team can teach themselves the software really easily. It is very user friendly.

Cons

Every software has it's limitations and there are a few things that are a little wonky with ECP. I wish there was a way in the assessment that you could say if you select yes to an option, it opens up more of an assessment but if you say no it doesn't show up. Its a small thing. I anticipate this is an option ECP would develop someday. However, ECP is so good to work with that if this was something that was absolutely needed, they would make it happen.

Response from ECP

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are glad to hear that you and your team enjoy the user-friendliness of our software and customizable assessments.

Your feedback is very important to us and will be carried over into upcoming meetings to update new features, including capabilities on the assessment.

Debbie N.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Questions and Behavior Cares.

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

All resident information and medications in on place is very helpful. Being able to access ECP when not in the building (on-call etc.) is extremely beneficial. I like having contact information in there as well.
If there was a way to indicate when a resident is on home health vs hospice that would be helpful

Pros

All documentation for all residents easily accessible.

Cons

Some features are not as user friendly as I would like. The Behavior Management Plan has to be typed into both locations on the form. The Questions work around is better than initially set up, but if you have to edit an existing question it has to be deleted and reentered as a new item so a little cumbersome there. Also have to type in the questions again so that is 3 times entering the information. Streamlining that would be helpful.

Response from ECP

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you are enjoying the convenience and accessibility of ECP.

I am happy to let you know that since every community is unique, items such as Key Indicators can be customized to meet your exact needs.

A support representative will be reaching out to help you update these, which will allow you to easily indicate when a resident is on home health or hospice.

We appreciate your feedback about streamlining the process with care questions, and this is absolutely something that we will be investigating further.

We are continually making improvements to our product based on user suggestions and feedback.

Thank you again!
Carly Smith, Director of Quality Improvement

Marie F.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Love ECP

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Anytime I contact ECP for assistance they are always willing to help in whatever way possible. Everyone has been very cordial.

Pros

I love the ease of use. Orders enter the system, you click, review and save. Its that simple. Passing meds is set up by time.

Cons

Can't really think of anything that I like the least

Response from ECP

Thank you for leaving such a kind review. We are happy to hear that you are loving the ease of use of our software.

Jazmynn W.

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Pros

Whenever I have a question about the software, customer representatives are very helpful and address my issue in a timely fashion.

Cons

The facility we work with sends refill requests through ECP and we don't always receive the notifications.

Response from ECP

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value and encourage all feedback as our software is built around our customer's needs. Our experienced support team is always happy to answer questions, 24/7.

You should have already had a call back from our Director of Pharmacy Systems to assist with troubleshooting your issues related to faxed refill requests.

Kelly S.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

I have had very good customer service experience with ECP. They will answer any question and tackle any problem.

Pros

The ease of use is great. So is the ease of using off sight.

Cons

I wish we could do a resident report with pictures

Response from ECP

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We value and encourage all feedback as our software is built around our customer's needs. We evaluate all feedback and suggestions which may impact the features for potential future releases.

With saying that, we are happy to announce that we have implemented a resident roster report that includes pictures based off your suggestion.

Len Hotz, CEO

Nathan K.

ECP is "User Friendly"

Reviewed on 2013/01/23

This is a very good, user-friendly and affordable product that has great value for the cost and good customer support. The software continues to improve and be updated per what we were promised. This is our 3rd. software in 3 years and is by far the best and a keeper.

Pros

-Very user-friendly
-Exceptionally customizeable
-Good customer service
-Levels for types of users helps to make it easier to train on (there is not a lot of extra stuff that makes it confusing)
-Interfaces well with our pharmacy's software.

Cons

-The customization process can feel daunting but is worth investing time into.
-Would be nice to have some sort of apartment tracking module (future update I'm sure : ).

Diane E.

ECP RECOMMENDATION

Reviewed on 2013/01/23

Highly remommend ECP

Pros

Easy access to information
Web based and can access from home
the use of reports
Medication identification
Pharmaceutical link
accountability
check and balances

Cons

intrnet outage

Sarah R.

great

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

My experience has been great

Pros

Customer service was wonderful with answering my questions

Cons

Just waiting to here back on suggestion that I out in

Diane B.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Pros

I love the ease and convenience of the product.

Cons

Trying to remember all the steps without having to go back to the training module

Response from ECP

Our experienced support team is available 24/7 and they'll be happy to answer any questions and help make those steps second nature. Give them a call at your convenience at 262-684-5600 x1. We also provide webinars frequently throughout the year. Prefer a self-directed approach? Visit ECP University to access help files and videos.

Thanks again for the positive review and don't forget to contact support. They'll make sure you're comfortable with every aspect of ECP.