germain APM

APM solution for identifying the root cause of bugs & issues

Talal A.

Germain APM Found very Useful solution for my enterprise

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

actually the best thing is we can get all the things in one place without paying extra charges and Germain APM is very useful in this pandemic because I can schedule meetings with my team easily, overall helpful when we experience any issue for my products

Pros

Germain APM found a powerful tool, easy to use and get all the resources that need for my enterprise, the features are liked most, we can do the testing, automation, monitoring, and get analytics at one place, apart from these things we can schedule meetings which is a very helpful feature for me in these days to collaborate with my team . Germain APM fulfills me all business needs. we get better quality in cheap price which is a good thing for any consumer

Cons

UI seems to be outdated need to improve and must-have mobile apps for both android and ios

Response from germainAPM

Thank you so much Talal. We do have a UI look-and-feel revamp project (that is now possible since we just released a brand new UI using the best JS framework on the market in 2020). We have a mobile app for monitoring/troubleshooting of android mobile device and apps, and yes we need to provide IOS. Our new UI is built with a mobile-friendly JS framework so most users are going that way..but we are looking at building a mobile app as well. thanks again :)

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

One of the best APM solutions in the market

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

We started off using Germain to monitor Oracle CRM application only, but for the past two years we were able to extend the usage to other applications as well such as Oracle Fusion Middleware. Germain has so many rich features that it can monitor any application irrespective of underlying technology, if it can access/connect to the application then it can monitor!

Germain support is one of the best, have great experience working with them! The best part is, support team never hesitated to jump in and help us debug performance issues with the CRM application, suggested different ways to slice/dice the data using Germain to get to the root cause.

Pros

User experience monitoring and root cause analysis are few of the features that are unique to Germain compared to other APM solutions in the market. The application gives you information about every user click/action taken on the browser and correlates that information with corresponding data gathered from the back end (application servers, network, database), which helps the support teams tremendously to debug/diagnose problems faster.

Cons

When we started to use the tool few years ago, customization of the application used to be a challenge and Germain support had to be engaged, but there have been several enhancements to the product and now we are able to make most of the configurations by ourselves.

The UI looks very crowded, I would like to see a redesign of the application UI such that navigation and

Response from germainAPM

whoever you are, thank you so much! also note that our new UI is available addressing the concern you have with our old UI, reach out to our team for an upgrade (free as usual) :)

Andrey Z.
  • Industry: Program Development

small feedback

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Pros

The app looks quite competitive on the market because of huge choice of tools it can be integrated with. Automatically trace every step to root cause and solve the most complex problems in seconds - is a great opportunity for different engineers like DevOps, developer and qa. The other very practicable thing is to manage issues and use alerting rules to be notified immediately. All of positive reasons to use this app relate to a big one - stop waste a time by doing work manually. So here we have a one of advantages - very simple and user friendly interface, where customers is able to find everything they need and get a hint if necessary. Also I was excited by good structured help pages where I was able to find any needed description. And of course a very cool thing is a list of different dashboards where you can output all needed data filtering them dependingly on your needs.

Cons

While I was navigating this app I faced with two thing I was confused by. The first one is when I tried to connect my phone with desktop app I found that my desktop account was not accepted to login mobile app. Another one is when I tried to connect app to my HTML app, was required to download external js script to my server and paste in header. This donloading was blocked by anti-virus as malware. Probably you could offer just to paste in header a link to your clod script instead of downloading. Anyway I got more pleasant impressions then negative ones from researching your app.

Response from germainAPM

Thanks Andrey. our mobile app is only to monitor the mobile device and native mobile app performance. however we dont offer (yet) a mobile app to visualize the metrics that can be visualized when you log on to our app on the cloud. and we will provide copy/paste for the header js content as an alternative to downloading the whole js

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

german APM for application performance monitoring

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

germain APM system is really an amazing tool that helps organizations in delivering the next generation high performing applications at the optimized cost of development, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance. Having this product helps us to identify the root causes of any issue, and provide an ability to fix them at the initial stage, thereby reducing rework and maintenance costs.

Pros

1. germain APM is able to control the level of monitoring we wish to perform, from the whole echo system to just a few components. It has an ability to either proactively/ re-actively set monitoring options, which is very much customizable and well suited for various customer requirements.

2. The documentation of various components provided, from the dashboard, agents or JS script help us in the ease of setting up the monitoring systems.

3. Modern software requires monitoring in application server performance, business process performance, user experience, web page monitoring etc. germain APM & CRT are providing all these essential tools, which makes it an excellent product to be used for any product development.

4. Generally, Log-based information is lost, if not monitored properly. germain APM provides a single dashboard to monitor all anomalies within our application, which helps the development team to fix them proactively at the earliest.

Cons

1. I wish the documentation for all the tools can be better organized, and also training and tutorials can be created on youTube or any other video streaming platform for the benefit of all users.

2. Some of the links do not seem to be working:
My Cloud Setting > Goal > Access Your Cloud (To Monitor, Analyze, Automate)

Response from germainAPM

Thank you. We were not expecting that much growth in a such a short time period..we have since enhanced our cloud infrastructure so you don't experience this issue any longer, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for you review! :)

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Great solution for CRM and eCommerce projects

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

Pros

I had been working with Sales CRM systems and eCommerce projects for about 3 years. So I’ve tested a lot of software to monitor visitors activity. And I should tell that Germain appears to be the best decision for us. Surely it has its pros and cons. I will tell you the most important from my side:

Pros:
- It doesn’t matter what browser you use - it works perfect on all of them.
- Use Germain and you will knew every single click of your every single visitor. Following and analyzing visitors steps you will understand what he likes and what makes them to leave you site.
- Mapping business to technical metrics helped us to improve UX a lot! By the way, metrics we get - simple and clear to understand.
- Real -time. Real -time for monitoring your App, real-time support, real-time alerts when critical event happens (especially important for online banking process). It saved a lot of customers for us and our nerves)
- Price.

Cons

- I wish Garmin will improve some interface features to make it more user-friendly and mark retired fields in red. But once you get it - it’s not really a problem to use.

Response from germainAPM

Thanks for your review. Owing to your feedback, we now have all required fields marked red, so it is easier! :) we are also working on improving the UX of our dashboard but that is going to take till the end of the year before we complete what we have in mind. thanks again :)

Easy to use app to manage and improve UX

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

Pros

Having a questionnaire to identify end goals after signing up is a great way to help users start using Germain APM. I found Wizards to be very helpful in configuring Germain APM because it already makes the commonly used software for monitoring, analytics, and automation available. The visual menu is pleasing to the eyes, it's like your only browsing the App Store. Adding configurations and managing entries can easily be done in a few clicks.

The Aggregated Dashboard makes it easier to monitor the data because it shows the overview of all the things that need to be monitored, may it be business or technical related.

It's also good that you can easily generate reports with anything visible on the dashboard.

Cons

The unlimited portlet that the user can create/add in an Aggregated dashboard is a good feature but the downside is the more portlets you add, the dashboard may perform slower.

Response from germainAPM

thank you for your review. the performance of the dashboard is much faster if you use a dedicated cloud or onpremise environment and use elasticSearch or MongoDb as backend data store. Your current env is likely storing data into one of the relational db we also support, relational db arent as fast as nosql ones. feel free to contact if you need more details.

Eugene P.

usage experience for 6m+ period and its impact on the product

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Pros

Step-by-step instruction for the setup is clear, it goes smooth and easy.
Great documentation and support.
Specifically per our project needs our techops/dops team was able to setup monitoring Java app with germain APM very quickly
(CPU and memory usage and HTTP requests (inbound and outbound)), and after that we were able to improve performance of the application drastically for the timeline of last 4 sprints.
Also error rate have enormously decreased after fixing some crucial bugs (that been reported by APM).

Currently setting up monitoring for (native) Android app.
Experience with Germain APM is outstanding.
Pricing is reasonable.
Definitely recommend it to use. This is a perfect fit for startups and mid-size projects.

Cons

Documentation is a bit outdated in some places, e.g https://germainapm.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/germainAPM/pages/99221657/User+Automation+Testing+using+Selenium .
But QA automation team was able to resolved all the technical clarification with support.

Response from germainAPM

Thanks for your review Eugene. We are in the process of updating our doc so it reflect the new release we have spent 14 months building! :)

Ardin M.
  • Industry: Design

Favorite AMP solution

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Once I was set-up and ready to go there was no looking back because, I was able to save time, as it's the most valuable asset for me. Instead of having multiple dashboards and automation tools having just one for all is not just cost-effective but also saves you from dealing with multiple platforms, support, and learning curves.

Pros

It offers a variety of integration and it's a very good all-in-one solution for database integration, IMAP monitoring, and maintenance period in other words monitoring of any sort. I used for personal projects and already loving it, the documentation they offer is very helpful as a starting point.

Cons

There are few minor stuff that can be improved for example A short tutorial should appear first so the user can get familiar with the platform and not dive right in and blindly look for options. The learning curve will be much higher if there's no pop-up tutorial on first log-in, so users can familiarize themselves with the platform. Also, there should be a way under monitoring for users to filter Applications based on technology, OS etc.

Response from germainAPM

Awesome Ardin, thanks! :)

Ali N.

Nice Analytics, Debugging and User behavior Sass

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

It has helped me in analytics and errors which were not reproducible. It has helped me in marketing and in conversion of my nurture funnel.

Pros

1- I liked the whole functionality and replay feature
2- Integration was super easy in Drupal
3- Good information is like IP address and analytics are there on right. It can be helpful in debugging some unreproducible errors and can be also helpful in finding marketing strategies for conversions.
4- It also helped in analyzing user behaviors.

Cons

1- It will be good if I can see the real user web page in the session replay.
2- Some kind of analytics charting similar to Segment and Amplitude
3- Not sure its there but will like to have more features in API for some custom integration

Response from germainAPM

Hi Ali,
Thanks for your feedback. wrt 1) Real User Web Page is displayed and any user actions are replayed. Note that to improve your user experience with this Replay session feature, we have added a message on the replay so you know when the users is either waiting for the initial page to load or has stepped away onto another website that isnt monitored. wrt 2) Segment and Amplitude have been added in a more recent release. We are planning on upgrading our/your cloud on 7/31. wrt 3) custom integration are available and super flexible (system>rule or automation>script), let contact us if you need help there, we are always available to help and never charge for our help, and helping our clients is our #1 priority.

Mai X.

Great software for monitoring with the great price and support!

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Pros

Firstly, I like the price of this product, it is not expensive like others, but the value it brings to me is uncountable. It has a lot of helpful features for the user. Also, I can ask the helps from the customer support without extra cost.

Secondly, the germain APM monitor performance status of the system from the customer viewpoint, hence it is not only be able to fast handle the error in the event of a system failure, but also be able to analyze and clarify the cause quickly, allowing managers to reduce the analyzing for the complexity of causes to transfer and solve the problem.

Next, This monitoring system almost has no impact on the operating environment of the monitored system and can also monitor the status of external link services.

Cons

The only thing that I suggest here to improve is that you should support the multi language feature, then everyone can use it easily. Example in my country, we have a lot of companies need the APM, but not all of them have good English skill.

Response from germainAPM

Thanks Mai! multiple language support is in our roadmap.

Doviana T.

Review of germain APM

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

The overall process was great.

Pros

It was an easy step by step process to register and use of the germain software.
The website is descriptive and user can get a lot of information while navigating in the website.
I have used user sessions recording tools before, but non of them gave me so much insight as i checked in germain APM overview.

Setup wizards on the cloud are easy but in some places a new user cant continue without some more clarifications.

Cons

I didn't liked the fact that after 24 h of unused of the application, the free trial environment was disabled, meanwhile in the cloud sign up was specified 7 days.

Response from germainAPM

Thanks for your review and sorry for the inconvenience caused by this free trial expiration rule. we have been significantly growing and temporarily set this rule which we plan to set back to 7 days within the next few months. Thanks again for this feedback! :)

Irene D.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

EASY TO USE AND EFFICIENT SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2020/06/27

Using Germain is life changing. It is a software that will resolves issues in a timely manner. Very efficient and cost effective. Well recommended.

Pros

The fact that Germain APM benefits a lot of essential industries such as Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Media, Retail, Telecommunication, and Transportation is such an amazing job of the software. This technological advancement provides 24x7, real-time, deep insights into complex application performance problems to maintain an expected level of service. The Alert and Automate feature for critical occurrences are also a great factor to have Germain which are cost-saving/effective, improve IT ops, software, and hardware performance. I like that it generates and provides smart and actionable insights that help CX, PX, UX, Application Administrators Developer, and Data Scientist to become more innovative to come up with technical and business issues solutions.

Cons

I just hope to expand the services to more industries in the future especially that we are adapting to the "new normal"

Response from germainAPM

Thank you Irene. germainAPM is available to other industries and our help is offered for free and unlimited. :)

Ketki B.

Germain APM - All you need for performance monitoring

Reviewed on 2020/06/13

Overall experience was really good. I was able to go through portal without much training or looking around needed and still able to take advantage of most of the good features including UX monitoring which is a really good feature.

Pros

Few features I really liked are

1. Real UX/RUM User Experience monitoring, its very hard to get run time data for UX user experience and Germain APM provides that
2. Support to variety of different platforms and service providers is really good
3. Overall UI for setup is very easy to find the things and setting up something like template is really good and handy feature.

Cons

Suggestion: It would be good if you can group servers or items by type, like UI in different group, Servers in different group and so on so that it would be easy to find

Response from germainAPM

Thank you Ketki.

Anna V.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Germain APM is very flexible solution that provides real time monitoring to improve user...

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

Pros

1. The onboarding flow is very easy and user can start configuring the software.
2. A very flexible pricing policy allows both small and big companies to use this solution for their needs. The customer support helps to resolve any problem quickly and with no charge.
3. Germain APM monitoring hardware, network components, software and databases. Our engineers can be alerted about any significant problem and create automated tasks to avoid some issues.

Cons

The UI looks outdated and needs to be updated.

Response from germainAPM

Thanks for your review Anna. Although we just built this new UI (using what we think is the best javascript framework on the market) we do realize we need to improve the "look-and-feel" :) thanks again for your feedback

Gill D.

An across-the-board system

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

Pros

An across-the-board system that monitors the organization’s production environment, germain APM also offers comprehensive resources available to the team to learn about monitoring and analysis. The benefits provide a drill down insight into the usage and effectiveness of applications implemented in the business. The interface design using a Spaces Directory makes it easy for users who are familiar with popular DevOps apps (such as Atlassian).

Cons

Because of the wide range of tools and features available on germain, it can be quite daunting knowing how to set up the application an easier start. A more obvious workflow would be valuable.

Response from germainAPM

Hi Gill, thank you so much. we are working on the UX of our own platform...check back with us in around 12/20! :)

Aime anne N.

Germain APM review

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

If you're in the market for your next APM software to help your organization identify bottlenecks, key metrics, or solved complex application problem and analytical issues, I found Germain APM having straight forward - user-friendly dashboard reporting system that you will love, especially for complex data crunching. This, combined with their wide range of tools and offerings, including most of the known and industry-standard API, plugin, or web base connectivity it will monitor, diagnose, and process your much-needed data with ease. Powered by their system capable of connecting to a vast spectrum of data link derivatives, I can attest how Germain APM tremendously helps me with my required data metrics.

Cons

The only thing I believe would need some improvement is better UI experience when using a mobile device for easy report snapshots, whenever required.

Alcides T.

Germainapm quick review

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

it makes tracking productivity so simple and easy

Pros

Germainapm is a great APM tool for your business, the signup mechanism is so simple and friendly for new users, the integration with google authentication system makes the user's experience easier, I loved the UI organization since it’s easy to navigate between pages, you can quickly find any resources you need. On the other hand, the mail notification system makes sure you are aware of any action you are performing so that you avoid making mistakes

Cons

s. One thing I would strongly suggest to improve is the mobile design, nowadays it is so important to have such accessibility, you can’t do much with current mobile design.

Response from germainAPM

thank you for your review and couldnt agree more on the mobile support which is part of our 2020 roadmap. stay tune! :)

Adiel C.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great product that will definitely be useful for anyone who needs to gain insights from data

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

Excellent product, especially after you understand how it works. We are already working on implementing it on a few of our production environments for various solutions.

Pros

I've been using Germain APM for some time and I am delighted with the results. One of the top features of that platform is that it allows to integrate and analyze from almost any data generating source. Another great feature was the ability to customize KPI according to my needs and finally, the platform comes with many built -in features that are helpful when you don't really know how to analyze and gain insights from the data.

Cons

The learning curve is a bit steep, probably expected from a fully featured monitoring platform. I struggled to get started and it took a lot of time to find my way in the documentation. Could be helpful to have getting started tutorials or show relevant documentation according to the context of the service being used.

Response from germainAPM

Thanks so much Adiel

Yervand A.

Nice app

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

To analyze website traffic

Pros

3 things I like - 1. Idea 2. Easy integration to website 3. Replay of User Session feature

Cons

3 things I didn't like were more technical and I think are already fixed. 1. 500 error on social login, 2.Empty place (was replaced with geomap) 3. Cut timeline

Response from germainAPM

Hi Yervand, Thanks, and yes the issues you are reporting have just been fixed.

Waqas Z.

Super easy Product to Use

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Pros

Very easy and simple to use, one can easily configure cloud which can help analyze/automate... one can easily choose his Priority as per need like Performance, Experience OR Support and Target the Goal and manage.
Like the PAAS and SAAS options. You don't have to own any Platform and can use it easily as a Service. Also, One can easily use this software as a service. Germain APM offers a wide range of data sources lists like the File system, Database over hardware or Network

Cons

User permission management can be improved and it is missing Insights, Storage for containing binary large objects.

Response from germainAPM

Thank you Waqas! we are going to release enhancement around user permission this month and will let you know once ready.

Ariel Y.

Very Useful and Powerful web solution

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

Pros

1. Worth to invest for business analytic and monitoring. A Multifunctional web solution platform.
2. A versatile website that can support any kind of business setup.
3. Easy to use website and reduce bottleneck on a business day to day process.

Cons

The website needs some improvement. I saw a few errors, especially on the registration and login page. But this is very minimal. overall this is a great tool.

Response from germainAPM

Thank you Ariel. We are revamping our website and login process...stay tune! :)

Paarth J.

360 Power Platform - Germain APM

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Pros

I have been using Germain APM for a while now. I basically use it as 360 Power Platform - connect all my fellow platforms in a go with wizards.
Wizards has helped me in making seem-less integration with the platform. You can connect more then 50+ Platforms.

You can use existing KPI or edit/create your own according to business requirements.

The auto-generated dashboards while creating Business process actually saved you time.

At last , its easy to use and you can make your own Automation beast out of it and manage everything from one single platform.

Cons

Emails/ Notifications can be improved and contain more information which would be beneficial for users.

Response from germainAPM

Thank you Parth. We have a series of enhancements coming up (by 9/30/20) with the email mechanism. stay tune!

Ella S.

QC Analyst's Opinion

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Pros

GermainAPM is using a transparent, simple pricing model. Their main dashboard is configurable: the admin user is able to create and maintain a list of customizable dashboard items tailored to the company's needs (no multi-level menu system, no cluttered input forms). Additionally each dashboard item can be shared with the desired persons, empowering them to access real-time data related to instrumentation or business processes.

Cons

As areas for improvement I suggest adding more wizards, and publishing a series of short "how-to" videos in order to support the newbies.

Response from germainAPM

Thanks Ella!

Osaigbovo O.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good pricing plans - germain APM review

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Pros

Using Germain APM, the signup process is seamless with the option of using a Gmail account. It provides a wide array of tools you can use, from Analytics to Automation to Servers, and supports multiple platforms for software development. The search bar at the top and the menu bar on the left makes it very easy to find the tools you want. The payment plans are considerate and you can upgrade or downgrade anytime.

Cons

It is not intuitive to configure. There are a lot of resources to consume and training to be done before you can effectively configure what you what.

Response from germainAPM

our platform never says "it is not supported" making it harder to configure as it is super flexible...and we are here to help anytime you need, for free.

Suman S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Excellent concept, it's an intimate solution for growing the business.

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Pros

It's a profession and opportunity to learn about the business as well as technology. Excellent concept, really love to go ahead with that system. Germain has Wizards which remarkable to monitor your business. So if you use their features, then only you can understand how good it is. germainAPM can significantly help you reduce issues and monitoring performance, user experience, several sections working together to provide all the essential skills. So I think it's an intimate solution mine business.

Cons

I think you need to improve a bit the Ux flow like Dashboard, Wizards carousel.

Response from germainAPM

Thanks for your review. We are indeed in the process of improving the UX flow to make it easier for newbies to use! :) thanks again! :)