Showing 96 reviews of 86

Showing 96 reviews of 86
Christine M.

Updox Video Chat is an excellent addition to my practice

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

We were up and running within 15 minutes of having the service available. It has helped tremendously with TeleMed visits during COVID. Our patients love the option of TeleMed.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Documents telehealth visits very well. Integrates easily with our EMR since we were already using the fax,email and text features.

Cons

It’s so small it’s almost insignificant, but I wish there was an end time option on the summary in addition to the duration. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice feature.

Mary-beth C.

Excellent functionality

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Micropractice ease to reduce the paper load. Love the user ability to write on forms, sign and date forms without ever needing to print and then re upload .

Pros

I am a nurse practitioner with a micro functional medicine practice, always looking to be as paperless as possible. I love Updox for several reasons. One is that when labs come in, I have many tools to use to sign off on the labs, highlight abnormals, write notes on the lab itself and then easily download the results. Currently Updoz does not interface with my EHR but hopefully in the future for ease of moving it straight into the patients chart. I also love that I can drop a blank word document into the main portal and create a new document right there with ease and then fax out. This makes writing medical necessity letters for patients easy, new lab orders, things that require my signature.

Cons

I wish they would integrate with Power 2 Practice, my EHR.
Recently, Updox fixed a feature which has been so helpful. I can now easily resend a fax from where it originated, after writing on it or signing it. That hadn't been a user friendly function before now so thank you!

Debra M.

Updox took my practice to the next leel

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

I am able to receive faxes directly to my computer. If they are concerning a patient they can be integrated right into their chart on Practice Fusion.
Since starting the message and call reminders of appointments my no shows have dropped to almost nothing now.

Pros

Updox integrates with Practice Fusion.
I can use Updox from any location that I am at on my computer.
It is easy to send reminder message to patients about appointments.
It is easy to text patients when you can not reach them by phone
The new features that were added work great especially since much of my practice in the last 3 months has been on line due to COVID 19.

Cons

If I have over 15 documents to send to one place if they are not on page 1 then I have to do multiple faxes.

Aanchal T.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Not a good flow

Average. Would swich to doxy.me
On Doxy I can send messages on chat window to patient to drop them a quick message.
Also the flow is much better, where patient is waiting in virtual waiting room (similar to real life) and I just take the call.

Pros

Connected to practice fusion so phone number does not need to be added

Cons

I am sorry to say but the flow is not good for a physician office. Whoever designed it did not have Physician office flow in mind.
As a physician it’s not efficient if I send a message or email to a patient and then wait for several minutes for patient to join in. I am wasting that time. Or I have to call the patient to check their email

Cambric C.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

We have been able to continue treating our patients during COVID-19 while keeping our staff safe and our patients safe.

Pros

The feature that has been most beneficial to our practice are that it integrates with our EHR system, which allows all the faxes, messages, photos, summaries to be easily imported into the patients' charts.

Cons

The only issues we have had with this software are not really issues with the actual software. We have recently started using the Video feature to comply with the CDC guidelines and still allow us to treat our patients. It is very easy to use, both on our end and the patient end, as there is nothing for them to download. The only time we have had issues have been when the patient does not have good signal. Again, not an issue with Updox itself, just the only issue we have had thus far.

Jacqueline P.

Not very visually appealing

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

We are about to eliminate our fax machine and have our incoming correspondence go directly to Updox, to eliminate paper waste, so that is a good thing. In general, however, the lack of response when the entire system is down is really a detriment to operations. I think that if they know that the entire network is down, they should send an email blast or something to notify users that it is on their end and not the practitioner's end.

Pros

The best feature of this program is that it allows you to color your messages by user, so you know which of the many items in the inbox belongs to which user.

Cons

Imported pages are impossible to read. I don't understand the concept of the hovering magnifying glass. Why can't you see the entire page at once? It's not at all user friendly when it comes to being visually appealing or easy to use.

Response from Updox

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

We have forwarded your question and information to our product team for evaluation.

If you do experience any additional downtime, please check our status update page - status.updox.com. Our status update page will notify you with any issues, provide resolutions and workarounds.

For future questions or concerns, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience.

Thank you for Updoxing!

Megan M.

Just in time!

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Pros

I had been looking into Updox for over a year and we finally pulled the trigger earlier this year and it could not have been better timing. I can not imagine getting through this uncertain period with COVID 19 without the help of Updox. Not only did the video chat function help with seeing patients during a world-wide shut down, we were also able to navigate faxes, emails and communicate with our patients on one easy to use platform. Everyone has commented on the improved function of our EMR since switching to Updox- from the Partners to the providers, staff and patients alike- we cannot say enough about all that we have been able to accomplish with the help of Updox.

Cons

The transition was pretty seamless! We have had a little trouble with integrating our images into charts, but all minor problems in the grand scheme of things. Whenever we do run into issues, our rep and customer support team are quick to help- it is very refreshing!

Vimarie N.

great product

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Pros

The text message feature helps us connect easier with our patients in reminding of appointments.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time. Everything has worked great for my use of the system/product.

Tiffany H.

Updox review from primary care office

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

We save alot of time a paper using Updox for our faxing needs.

Pros

The ease of using the program on a daily basis.

Cons

We don't have any negative concerns at this time!

Jennifer M.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive format. No bugs. Fast

Cons

Initially did not integrate well with existing EMR. IT needed to make work

Onel M.

Manageable

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Pros

Quick connection and reliable at times without a glich.

Cons

Some times laggy and difficult for older generations.

Jacqueline Z.

Updox User

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Pros

The faxing into the system without having to print. Also the call reminders for our patients.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list. We have been very pleased with Updox.

Denise V.

Updox Evaluation/Survey

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Need to pay attention to what is selected so has not to send other patients info to selected patients chart

Pros

Less paper to work with. Saving on paper and ink

Cons

1.When sending docs from updox to patient chart, the software may send docs from prior sent tray to selected patients chart.
2.Price

Jessica B.

Excellent

Very good

Pros

Easy to use good service very good customer service and help

Cons

Really no issues it’s compatible with our emr

Jim H.

Updox review

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Overall, I LOVE the idea of updox. It helps pharmacies save paper, time, and not have to worry about faxes being sent over or being sent through a busy signal.

Pros

I like the fact that we do not have to go to the fax machine anymore to send and receive faxes.

Cons

I think it is kind of confusing when you first start using it. I wasn't sure at times when I got something new in my inbox, what I actually received.

Response from Updox

Thank you for your review of Updox. We love feedback from our customers and are glad our solution is working so well for your pharmacy.

If you have any questions or concerns in the future, you can always reach out to your dedicated pharmacy Customer Success Manager to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience.

Thanks for Updoxing!

Connie D.

Simple Setup

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Updox Video Chat allowed us to still treat our patients that did not want to get out during this Covid crisis whether is was just fear, or they were sick and running fever.

Pros

The setup was so simple and the ease of use for my providers was priceless.

Cons

Not really a problem with the software but some phones were not compatible or maybe the patients weren't compatible.

Amy T.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Good product

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Good

Pros

It does streamline the process of faxing documents in and out.

Cons

Sometimes the interface is a little tricky to set up.

Josh H.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Telehealth with UPdox

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

We have been using Updox for our faxing and reminder messages for some time and have really enjoyed it. We appreciate the Updox team and how they have always been very responsive and supportive. I assume the COVID stuff has left everyone scrambling and trying to refine things on the fly. The Updox Video Chat is not on par with the rest of the Updox services, which has been disappointing.

Pros

It is integrated with our booking software which is very nice. It makes finding patients information quick and easy but the adding of notes could be refined to make the workflow more seamless.

Cons

The service been very unreliable. Iphones seem to work the best but there are way too many issues with calls being dropped, links never showing up on the patients' end of things, issues with connectivity once the call has been established. When we have reached out about this, we didn't get any real answers or assistance.

Chris M.

EASY

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

You were able to get it up in running very quickly and it made [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] practice much easier to manage during this Pandemic.

Pros

It was very simple to get started. Easy to manage, very quick to learn for both our physician and patients.

Cons

Nothing was difficult about getting started.

Robyn P.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

VERY GOOD SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE SO FAR AS BEEN GREAT. I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THE SOFTWARE. FRIENDLY STAFF CAME IN TO INTRODUCE THEMSELVES AND GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Pros

I LIKE THAT IT IS EASY TO USE AND VERY UNDERSTANDABLE.

Cons

I HAVE NOT FOUND ANYTHING THAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT UPDOX

Christie F.

Updox Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Being able to see patients who would otherwise cancel their appointment.

Pros

Easy to use, easy setup, cost efficient.

Cons

Would be nice to have chats directly uploaded into SOAP notes in practice fusion.

Jeanette R.

Telehealth made easy

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Updox Video chat has been invaluable during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been able to see patients that are high risk and did not need to come into the office. I can forsee it being beneficial as we move forward from this crisis.

Pros

Updox is a HIPAA compliant and linked to our EHR and it is very easy for both patient and provider to use. The patient does not have to download anything on their device which is appreciated by our patients. The video and audio have been clear clear.

Cons

It could be beneficial to have more than two parties involved in a video chat.

Teresa D.

Great Product, easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Had just a few problems with the initial startup with my computer illiterate co-workers, lol.

Pros

I like the ease of using Updox. I can tag people with faxes for their department, I can edit documents before sending. We were using the old school fax system and having trouble getting faxes or partial faxes . With Updox, we haven't missed anything. And the option to keep the faxes in archive is awesome. Very happy with our purchase.

Cons

The only thing I would change is showing the user name who sent the fax in case it doesn't go thru.

Zakia G.

User for over 8 years in a medial practice

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Overall for our practice, it is a huge help. Customer service always return your calls and assist you with any problems you encounter in running the program.

Pros

I like how the software integrates with our EMR program. It saves paper on incoming faxes as well as time for scanning documents from a fax machine into a patient's chart. It makes the workload much easier on the staff as well as myself. I also like that it acts as an email to which we can receive correspondences from there as well.

Cons

I wish some features were less costly such as the scheduling featuring. I wish that was automatically integrated to allow patients to make appointments online to minimize some of the telephone traffic we receive regarding appointments. I also like the call reminder feature to remind patients of appointments but the overall cost outweighs the purchase of the feature.

Andrew B.

The most pragmatic approach to instant secure video chat I know of

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

I have used every form of telemedicine video connection in the industry and this is without question the single most pragmatic way to engage anyone instantly for efficient virtual care

Pros

It is tied to a clinical address book, and easily escalated text messaging with patients or other colleagues, or anyone really. The key to video chat is making sure that the event happens when expected, there are no unnecessary delays on either end, and that getting people involved is tied to messaging communication, which is far more of a foundation than any video chat process itself

Cons

Would like the ability to make a phone call out to invite in a translator or third party, same for a group video chat. But I know that is being worked on anyway