Showing 355 reviews of 341

Daniel H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Intuitive Live Streaming Platform

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Overall I really like Restream and their customer support when talking to the right people is very good.

They could do with being more on the ball with what their competitors offer as I think they were ahead of the game initially but are missing features that others are now offering which makes them not the leader like they think they are. This comes across a little in their customer support at times.

Pros

1. The Livestudio system they offer is a very simple yet feature rich system to be able to do live and recorded videos. It also allows you to stream prerecorded videos as part of a live stream.
2. The Scheduling system to stream pre-recorded videos is great to ensure mitigate any risks in your own internet going down during important video streams.

Cons

1. The quality of the livestream video is very dependent on your own bandwidth so even if using it for making a recorded video, the quality is not as good as it could be, so it can't be used to make quality offline videos, which it should be able to.
I dont like that the local videos you upload to stream live actually still come from your own machine and not from their server even though it has been uploaded, this means that you are still limited by your own bandwidth. Competitors get round this by allowing any uploaded videos more than a few hours old to stream from their servers.
2. They have a limited time of 10 minutes before you can schedule a video which is not competitive as competitors such as Castr offer a 1 minute scheduling. This is important for when you need to schedule an emergency video

Jacobo R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Easy to use with great features

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

I like it, I've been using it for a long, long time and I really like this product

Pros

It's an amazing tool for simulcasting, easy to use and powerful tools and features like metrics, video embed, and others.

Cons

Lack of options while working with scheduled Facebook live streamings. You can't add the chat to their multiple chat service. Also, I HATE THE BRANDING ADDED TO THE STREAMS, even when you are paying for the service. I really find it annoying.

• Industry: Computer Games

If you aren't using Restream, you're wrong

Reviewed on 2020/10/03

It makes me want to stream everyday, since I know I can reach the broadest audience possible, with the least amount of effort.

Pros

Unless you have some single website exclusivity contract, you should be using Restream. It does all of the grunt work for you, its one of the simpler UIs out there. What it offers for free, makes you want to pay for the Pro version, just to support their amazing company.

Cons

You could demand better performance and more sites, but that's just the free version.

Gordon R.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The Only Way To Stream

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

I do Live Shows and Chats with my audience and get thousands more viewers on multiple platforms than if I used just Youtube Live or Twitch or even FB Live. Its an event when I go live with Restream, something that people look forward to. In the age of IGTV (which I hope gets integrated at some stage) and IG Stories, people are going live all the time and its not the event it used to be. Being able to contact the streamer, comment and the facility I have employed which puts the fans comments on screen as part of the conversation across multiple platforms is the only way to live stream; and its really easy. I recommend it to everyone. :)

Pros

This software is easy to use and Ive been using it for a while. There are constant improvements and updates and the features make setting up a solid, full featured stream really easy. I stream on 4 platform at once and have loads of viewers comment live. Using the amazing integrated chat stream I can monitor and reply to commenters from all four platforms, live! It also has Discord chat integration so this work perfectly well for my Patreon subscribers on Discord.

Overall, Restream has been my goto streaming service and is essential is you want to maximise the reach of your creation! I live stream my podcasts and live chats as well as streaming games and other media to my fans. I couldn't do it without Restream. Seamless integration, really easy RTMP and OBS integration and social media announcement post setup (no fiddling around retyping stuff) Cheapest and best streaming platform imho :)

Cons

In the beginning (maybe 2016?) there was a problem with the bitrate for streaming to Periscope and you had to pay extra for Facebook, which had an overly complicated Live Event setup that rarely worked without issue; and I thought that was all a bit of a jip! But with my big boy pants on and figuring out and experimenting with my streaming settings; I now have a seamless and easily initiated stream, all video works properly and the Facebook setup is now super easy and integrated and well worth the extra few bucks!

Eve S.

One Happy Streamer

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

As stated above, Restream has helped me solve my issue of transferring my audience to a new platform. It would have been difficult, if not impossible to do it before, but Restream makes it possible for me to reach both audiences at once. Even after I make the switch, I'll probably keep using Restream because of the built in notifications and occasional sponsored streams that are offered to users.

Pros

I like the ability to bring my two audiences together. I've streamed on YouTube for almost 2 years now off and on, and have become increasingly displeased with the direction their site is going in terms of streaming. I've been trying to transfer my audience over to Twitch instead, and Restream has made that transition smooth as butter. I'm able to still reach my fans on YouTube, encouraging them to come join us on Twitch, while at the same time marketing to a new audience and growing my channel on Twitch.

Cons

There have been a few bugs, mostly with the chat client either logging me out, not properly displaying the number of viewers, or the bot not transferring messages at times, but it has been a mostly positive experience. I've only had these issues about 3 or 4 times in the past 6 months or so I've been using Restream.

Xi C.
  • Industry: Computer Games

The Best Way to Stream!

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Having used Restream for over two years, Restream let me grow two significant audiences on Twitch and YouTube rather than one. It's been excellent!

Pros

The ability to stream to major and smaller platforms with ease! This allows me to access a larger possible audience without having to pick and dedicate myself to one. Additionally, it allows me to interact with them through the multi-platform chat and have more in-depth and useful statistics.

Cons

Some functions have had issues and it hasn't been the smoothest experience. For a time the stream dropped frames from Restream and sometimes Restream chat can't keep up. Thankfully, support fixes these quickly once the issue is raised!

Mark S.

The best of the Streaming World

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

As a standard gaming/streamer, I will say that restream has given me the opportunity to get to the maximum audience, and the fact that they do try to make sure each source works (even when it's unsuccessful) consistently, makes them a "Must" use if you're a personal or professional streamer in the internet world.

Pros

Basically, if you are a streamer of any sort, and you want to reach out as far as you can, Restreram.io is definitely the software for you. Easy to set up, easy to adapt and reach out to as many platforms as possible.

Cons

The chat windows are not the most intuitive, so making sure your chat is up and running with a stream site that may / may not have API is not a sure thing. Losing a stream source may not become immediately noticeable, unless you're looking into the dashboard indepth.

Xi C.

My Two Year+ Experience with Restream

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

I like the ease to restream to different platforms and a very good chat that integrates it all.

Cons

I really dislike that the chat often cannot keep up with the chat, the delay in the chat and the fact the web and desktop chat aren't the same. One can play gifs and show pictures but not have emotes show up while the other can show emotes from all platforms such as Frankerfacez but cannot play any gif or pictures.

This difference makes no sense to me along with the major delay and freezes with chat when many people are watching.

Jon H.

Restream is the Best

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

I have only great things to say about Restream. The pros of the product so outweigh the cons that the cons actually become fairly irrelevant

Pros

I use Restream to broadcast my livestreams to 4 different platforms. Its easy to set up and simple. The combined chat feature and Chat Bot put all my viewers comments into a single chat window so I don't have to have multiple stream chats open to catch everyone's messages.

Cons

Streaming to my Facebook Page costs $$ but streaming to my personal page doesn't.

Zechariah B.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Restream has helped me more then anything!

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

What i guess i explained some it in the paragraphs above. But it just really has been one of the most helpful tools ive used wvery since i started streaming. Between the ease of use, the ability to help my platform grow by streaming through multiple platforms. Even the chat has made ot easy for me to keep up with everybody. I have been able to have more confidence in my stream and feel more successful juzt with being able to do more with such ease.

Pros

When i first found out. I really just was blown away with the ease of use. And the abilities of the platform. But then as i set it up. I realized you could even chose titles and games and just instantly fell in love. It has safed me SO much time when starting a stream. Especially seeming i stream to 4 platforms.

Cons

What i liked least was at first some things arent explained. But i just figures it out. Like if your doing all title and game uaing the overall part. It only has a few specific games. So i have to go in and individually change the games. And that kinda defeats the purpose of it being "quicker". Also within Restream chat it wont pick up Facebook.p Probably harder to do but i end up missing people because im paying attention to my restream messenger.

Ryan P.

My Go-To

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Restream has been my go to for years, and recently there has been an uptick with new features and integrations that makes me excited for the future.

Pros

My favorite part about restream is how quickly and easily it is to get running. You can join and be streaming to all your services in literally just minutes.

Cons

Currently you cannot change the game on all your services at the same time unless it is in the "most popular" games on the services. You have to change by service, one by one.

Jack M.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

The best thing I’ve ever used

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

I am finding that both my YouTube and twitch channels are flying high as I can stream to both at the same time !

Pros

I absolutely love the simplicity of this software . It’s ease of use is very clear though out daily use . I use this very frequently and I am consistently impressed by the quality and simplicity .

Cons

I think that tutorials and extra help could be offered to new users so that they can get set up and going easily .

Mathew G.

Works for everything I needed

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Restream gave the channel a huge boost and I still use it to stream on Facebook, YouTube, Mixer and VK. I became Affiliate on Twitch, and because of exclusivity, I can't use it in the Mix anymore. I still just solo out to Twitch anyway though and works just fine.

Pros

Restream helped me get my gameplay out to 6 services at once, which was huge exposure and let me see where I could build an audience.
It adds barely any delay to a stream and allows for good chat interaction.
The dashboard function to title things all at once or individually is nice.
Auto tweeting and posting to discord is also a major bonus.
The chat works great too.

Cons

Used to be difficult to use, but had become much more functional.
I wish they had more games to select from the drop-down list, just saves time.
Ability to change the game on YouTube without having to go to the channel.

Best Solution for Broadcasters

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

I have used Restream for the past 2 years now and it has saved me so much time and effort. From freelance esport casting to simple VOD storage, restream has always been spot on.

Pros

It sent a copy of my stream to any platform I wanted, The best part was that I could even send it to my own custom RTMP server. That way I always had a copy of my broadcasts. It also didnt add latency like when streaming via other sites and software.

Cons

The chat integration was a bit rough when it first launched but they have worked hard to resolve those issues.

Ivan S.

Restream Rocks!

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

My overall experience with restream is great. I get to bring in multiple users from multiple platforms together.

Pros

I enjoy using restream to reach a wider audience all under one control center. The value and tools from restream are essentially a digital handshake into viewers home!

Cons

Not much however the API will often have a hard time conñecting to services.

Kai S.

Easy and User-Friendly Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

My overall experience with ReStream has been positive. The user interface with the dashboard occasionally does not display correctly when going back and forth between the chat and the dashboard. There have been no major complaints or issues. Have suggested it to friends and will continue to do so.

Pros

I like that this app can integrate multiple streaming accounts into one central location. It easily connects to other existing accounts. It let's you see chat from each channel or account. Easy to use on PC

Cons

There is some added delay to the stream, but not bad. The chat application can be slow. The connections to other accounts has to be re-connected occasionally.

John M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great for getting out there!

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Restream is really helping me expand my streaming presence by allowing me to have a setup that works with and broadcasts to all of the platforms that I use to stream. Its has save me quite a bit of time and head scratching by making it possible to control everything from one place.

Pros

To put it simply, Restream is one of the better multi-streaming apps/sites that I have tried out. As a begginning streamer, I want to get my streams to as many viewers on as many platforms as possible and using Restream, I can do that with little to no effort.
Setting everything up to run was a breeze and once I made some adjustments to my internet connection, streaming is smooth as butter. Even on Facebook.
All in all, if you are looking to expand your horizons with your streams, Restream is not a bad way to go about it.

Cons

The thing that I like least about this software is probably the learning curve involved. More than likely, that's more than likely operator error and is easily overcome by seeking help through the provided forums and technical support. Things are getting much easier as I learn so I'm sure those with more experience streaming wouldn't run into the same issues that I had.

Colin D.
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great for multistreaming

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Very convenient, allowing to expand your broadcasts to more than just one platform.

Pros

Provides the ability to multistream to a large selection of broadcasting and social platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, Periscope and Facebook, to name a few. Provides a chat interface that includes all your platforms and even allows chatters across different platforms to chat together with the relay included.

Cons

Restrictions with Facebook broadcasting, only allowing the ability to stream to a personal account on the free version, and doesn't provide the ability to chat with them either. Can't use a Facebook page while using the free version.

Phil M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Stream video to multiple services

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

Using Restream.io allows us to reach more viewers. Not everyone can be on Twitch or on YouTube. This allows us to reach our viewers where they are and not have to force them to a single platform.

Pros

Once set up, there's nothing else you need to do. Every one of our streams go to both video platforms without fail. The chat app will bring in the chat from multiple streams into one window which is very convenient. The chat is also highlighted with which platform the comment came from.

Cons

This is not a huge problem, the chat app sometimes freezes. If chat seems to have stopped, a manual refresh gets it running again.

Brian B.

Best Tool For Versatility

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

i Enjoy Restream still one of the better of the Two products that offers restreaming capability for free.

Pros

Restream allows me to send out my broadcast on multiple s

Cons

They don't allow you to stream to multiple of the same platform unless you pay for it.

Herbert M.

A starter Streamer

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

An awesome experience filled with emotions I can't wait to stream tonight.

Pros

It allows me to market myself on multiple platforms and meet all types of fans I would have never have of I just stayed with just one platform. From streaming everyday I have 1,542 subscribers on youtube, and 309 followers on twitch now.

Cons

Occasionally it disconnect my stream and cut the board cast short.

Mizakit I.

Restream is the best

Reviewed on 2019/11/16

I think restream is the best service out there for streaming to multiple platforms to get an audience. I havent stopped using it since I started.

Pros

Pros.
Restream to multiple platforms even for free, no ads, no bs
Great servers for restreaming, I love it
Easy to change titles and games on streams

Cons

Gotta pay to stream to facebook pages, I understand gotta make money
Sometimes there's some congestion with the servers but it clears up
No way to change the title of the game to something not in the tops games list, so you have to type it in.

An actual factual real deal way to stream to Facebook and others simultaneously!

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

I think this is a great way to “shotgun” out your stream to find out which platform better works for your content.

Pros

The Windows chat client paired with the RTMP streaming app of your choice makes for a super easy mini live production studio.

I’ve used it with Streamlabs/OBS (Windows and Android), Livestream Mevo Camera and Ubiquiti Networks FrontRow camera. They have all been flawless.

Cons

Older versions of the chat app seemed to disconnect over very LONG streams (24hrs+), but this seems to have been improved recently.

Tyler R.

TRice uses Restream

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

My experience with Restream.io has been great. Really like using the service. It is wonderful that they continually work on improving what the offer and make it better for the end user.

Pros

Integrated chat and multiplatform use. Having the use of Facebook now is great.

Cons

It used to be it didn’t have Facebook integration but now it does which is great. It was a big Con for the longest time.