Showing 36 reviews of 26

Teladoc

Telemedicine platform for medical professionals and patients

Showing 36 reviews of 26
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

50/50 on the doctors. 0/100 on the Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

A complete waste of time an money for me.

Pros

It was fast, and the first visit I had was with a woman that listened, addressed my concerns, and made quick work of my apt. (it was the second one that went bad)

Cons

Second appointment lasted 5x longer than the first. Most of it I spent trying to correct the doctor that wasn't letting me finish talking about the info he could have read in my teledoc medical history but didn't. The rest of the appointment was just trying to get off the phone with him after he said he could do nothign for me and I had to go in person.

Customer support is really bad. I called to report the apt and request a refund. They refused the refund despite continually apologizing for the terrible quality of the visit and saying that because I agreed to the copay before I was responsible.

So, in conclusion they don't take responsibility for their doctors. If I had just listened to the doctor on the second appointment instead of realizing his error and correcting them, if would have resulted in overmedicating the issue.

Jolanda L.

totally wrong diagnosis

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

After describing my symptoms to a hasty doctor I was diagnosed with a flu. I tried to tell him that I had flu many times in my life and I knew how it felt, this time it didn't feel like a flu. No sneezing, no cough, no soar throat, just fever, chills, and strong lower back pain.
He even got a little annoyed that I disagreed with him and cut me short prescribing me a flu medicine and Tylenol for the fever. I did take the first dose and it didn't help whatsoever. Second dose, still pain and high fever.
The following day I went to the emergency room where I was diagnosed with kidney infection.
I can understand that it's not easy to make an accurate diagnose over the phone, but my symptoms were so clearly not a flu. If you google my condition first thing you find is kidney infection. Shouldn't a doctor know??
The fact that I waited over 24 h before going to emergency because I was reassured it was just a flu, nearly cost me my life, as the infection spread to my blood, and that's no joke. I ended up being hospitalized for 4 days and I'm still recovering now.
This service didn't work for me and I really don't know which conditions could be safely diagnosed without taking blood pressure and running tests.
Never going to use it again, not worth gambling with my health.

Pros

software is ok, easy to use, customer service is helpful.

Cons

hard to set up your account, it kept crushing and I had to call customer service for help.

Quyen P.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Horrible. Do not use Teladoc

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

I am very dissatisfied with Teladoc. They took my $ and did not provide the service I was asking for. Now they have deleted my account and I can't login in to retrieve what they said to provide to my primary doctor. I needed a prescription for a very safe simple medication (Nizoral) I was using. I thought that I would try Teladoc since it seems to be quick and I need no appointment. It is hard to see my primary doctor now since due to COVID. They took my $ and said I don't need to drug, but instead give me a recommendation to go buy an OTC drug. I've used Nizoral many times before and it's very safe to use. I made a mistake by using Teladoc. I will surely spread the word about this horrible scam.

Pros

Absolutely Nothing. This company is a scam.

Cons

I am very dissatisfied with Teladoc. They took my $ and did not provide the service I was asking for. Now they have deleted my account and I can't login in to retrieve what they said to provide to my primary doctor. I will surely spread the word about this horrible scam.

Jeremy H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

I waited for 3 days without an appointment during COVID-19

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

worst company ever.

Pros

None. I didn't like this software. It was awful

Cons

I had to wait for 3 days for them to even contact me. Then they asked me if I still wanted to be on a waiting list. I couldn't get any doctor to see me so this was my best chance of getting my COVID symptoms evaluated, but turns out they ddidn't have time to see me either

Tim L.

Easy To Connect

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Teladoc is a fast and convenient way to connect to simple healthcare.

Pros

The navigation was easy for patient use. The instructions were clear. The app design was efficient.

Cons

The variety of clinicians could use improving. This is more a matter of company development. Otherwise, the software worked great!

• Industry: Public Policy
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Super Convenient

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

I had a very positive experience with Teladoc. I didn’t have to take off work for a basic ailment because Teladoc had me scheduled same day! The docs are professional and do the best they can within the setup. I’d recommend Teladoc for basic doctor needs.

Pros

My work insurance offers Teladoc and it is so incredibly convenient for the basics! The app is really easy to set up and walks you through everything. Scheduling appointments is easy and it’s fast! I was able to receive a call in about 15 minutes on more than one occasion. The docs were efficient. Totally beats going to the clinic for a minor issue that can be solved with a phone call.

Cons

The software itself is just fine. The only con is that it’s on the patient to know when to forego the program and actually go see a doctor, and if that isn’t done with good judgement, patient may have to be seen more than once. Not a fault of the program though. The program is very user friendly.

• Used Other for Free Trial

WASTE OF TIME

Reviewed on 2020/02/02

Pros

ease of website, and the idea of an online doctor is great. if you can see one!

Cons

I waited an hour in the video chat waiting room and was never seen by a doctor. About 30 minutes of waiting, I called customer service which had a high volume of calls so I requested a call back. Still no call back and still waiting for the doctor.

Timothy R.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Unable to start

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Disappointed

Pros

The amount of time spent before they were able to finish and end the call was beyond my expectations.

Cons

Unable to log in/create a username. Upon trying to contact customer service to figure out what is wrong, I was hung up on before getting anywhere.🤔 Not sure if it was problem on their end but I was not called back, so I'm assuming intensional.

Andrew H.

THE At-Home Doc!

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

I’ve used the Teledoc app for minor sickness issues that can be easily addressed over the phone or by video. Once setup, it’s easy to initiate a call with a doctor and they’ve always been kind and understanding...and fairly quick to call too!

Pros

Well the first thing I love is that it is now free with out insurance plan. That’s awesome and amazing! I also like that they have a quick response time. The app allows you to add photos if needed and you can even do a video chat with the doctor.

Cons

It takes a little effort to setup your account. My biggest irritation is when receiving calls from the doctor, it will come from an unlisted number. If your iPhone security is set to ignore calls from unlisted numbers it can seriously delay your call until you fix your settings. Otherwise, the app works really well!

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Remote Health Assessments

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

From the get-go my experience with Teladoc was a positive one. Highly professional doctors. Easy to use application. What more could you ask for?

Pros

Teladoc is fairly straight forward to use. Requesting an appointment is as simple as entering a few details about your request, choosing a timeframe, and how you'd like to be contacted. The doctors are highly professional and helpful.

Cons

If you forget your password or are otherwise unable to login to your account it can be a frustrating experience to reset it. Sometimes the automated emails don't arrive until days later, or sometimes not at all.

Timothy B.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Would only use if you have no other choice.

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Not bad to terrible. The doctors dont really care, they may answer quickly, but their lack of empathy and urgency is baffling. That, along with the inability to carry over information will make me think twice next year when its time to pick insurance.

Pros

Sometimes they get back to right away, other times youre left waiting.

Cons

You information doesnt follow your login. I had an issue where I needed to have someone look at something but my phone was being repaired, when I signed in on another phone, after all the verification I had to fill it all of my medical history again. Such a waste of time.

Erni V.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

"go see a doctor"

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

i was hoping for some more information beyond go see a doctor then getting hung up on, i thought this could be an alternative to emergency room but it what just a smaller waste of my time

Pros

the software worked at about 50%, i really wasnt worried about the software when i was having pains

Cons

they said they tried to rech me via text 3 times but that was not true at all as the appointment was for 10am and thats exactly when they sent the text

Parley E.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

No WAY I would recommend this service or company.

Reviewed on 2020/03/22

Horrible. It seems great at first but there is no follow through with Teledoc. They do nothing other than set appointments and try to cancel them after making patients wait for days.

Pros

None, it appears to be easy but that is just a facade.

Cons

The company cancels appointments and blows off customers regularly. They don't even do what the doctors agree to IF the 'visit' takes place. It is a total sham.

Kara V.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Not worth your time and effort.

Reviewed on 2021/01/02

0 out of 10.

Pros

I like nothing about teladoc, I will never use again nor recommend.

Cons

The doctor could not help me and suggested I went to urgent care. That is what I was trying to avoid by using teladoc. Super frustrating !

Ruby D.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

The best telemedicine app

Reviewed on 2021/01/20

Pros

This is the app to go for if you want a quick medical advice for minor ailments or refill of maintenance prescriptions. My insurance covers this service so it is super convenient. The app is easy to use and very reliable

Cons

One time, one of the prescriptions was sent incorrectly. I tried to contact the service again but could not be reconnected

Amanda B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Teladoc as an alternative to typical healthcare

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pros

I love the whole idea of Teladoc! To be able to have the opportunity to speak to a doctor, get a prescription filled on a weekend or at night, and the fact that I don’t have to drive when I’m feeling sick, make teladoc an incredible alternative to a visit to the doctors office.

Cons

The app is not very user friendly. It’s simple enough to make your appointment, but the app could use some work. It would be nice to see approximate wait times and to get easier notifications.

Megan R.

Easy & Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Overall, this is a great solution for busy people who need to treat minor health concerns quickly.

Pros

It is very easy to create an account and be seen for minor health concerns. This was a huge time saver and Teladoc allowed me to get healthier, faster.

Cons

I do not have any cons to report about this software. I look forward to using this as much as I can in place of my regular doctor.

Nezare C.

worst process I've ever seen.

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

terrible.

Pros

absolutely nothing, if you want shit service this is the place to go.

Cons

don't use, waste of time, you can wait a week and not get a single update on your requests. speak to a doctor immediately is a lie.

Jamie M.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

What do they get paid for?

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Very disappointed. Stay out of medicine if you don't want to put out the effort to followup for your patients.

Pros

Easy to get a "visit." Insurance covered all of it except....

Cons

Absolutely NO follow up on my issue of not getting my meds filled. I pleaded with Dr to call my insurance company to get preauths and she said maybe a "nurse" could call. What nurse??? The only reason I called is to get meds I have taken most of my life.