Teladoc

Telemedicine platform for medical professionals and patients

• Used for 2+ years

Great usability as a patient

Reviewed on 2021/08/10

Pros

As a user, I was able to put my health information into the system on a one-time basis and then each provider I see can access it while guiding my care. It’s easy to connect with a provider either with video or telephone and the app tells you which will be faster. I once convinced myself that I actually did have a UTI and talked to the Teladoc provider while on a hike. The medicine was ready at the pharmacy by the time we were done. It was amazing utilizing this technology!

Cons

There is little ability to talk to the provider about questions or follow up after your visit which is frustrating.

• Industry: Media Production

Doctor on the Go

Reviewed on 2022/04/20

My overall experience with Teladoc has been completely positive.

My overall experience with Teladoc has been completely positive.

Pros

I have found Teladoc most helpful when I am feeling ill while traveling, or don't have the time to wait to see my primary care physician. No matter where you are, you are able to speak with a doctor who can prescribe you basic medication based on your symptoms. You can even speak to a doctor over a video call if you have visible symptoms to show the doctor. I was on a trip once with a very sore throat, and the doctor was able to prescribe me medication within minutes. It's also incredibly cost efficient, at only $5 per Teladoc appointment as opposed to my normal copay of $30 for a visit to my primary care physician.

Cons

I have zero complaints about Teladoc. It's a very cost efficient alternative to visiting your PCP, and you can do use the app from your phone, which in this day and age is incredibly convenient.

Jessica

Scam

Reviewed on 2022/01/15

Don’t waste your time!!!
I scheduled an appointment with a doctor about a week out from the...

Don’t waste your time!!!
I scheduled an appointment with a doctor about a week out from the appointment date (1/12 at 1:30pm MT). The provider confirmed the date & time worked for her and even re-confirmed she would be joining on time at about 1:00pm MT. 10 minutes before the appointment was supposed to start, I get the invitation to the “waiting room” and joined. I then waited another 30 minutes for the doctor to join and she never did nor did she communicate she was running late or unable to make our appointment. She didn’t even end up reviewing my medical chart until 3.5 hours after the appointment start time!
I have reached out 3 times to Teladoc customer service about this to make sure I will not be billed for the missed appointment and have received ZERO communication from them, even though they say they’ll follow up within 24 hours and have 24/7 customer service. There are also no ways to communicate with your provider in Teladoc either via the app or on the desktop version, so I can’t even ask her to delete the appointment off my dashboard. But the providers can communicate with YOU, though. What a joke and a scam.
When I commented on their Facebook wall (they have it locked down to where you can’t comment or review them- you can only comment on their posts), I was told that they’re experiencing longer than usual wait times and that if I send them a message, they’ll have the next available provider call me. This is unacceptable considering I had a scheduled appo

Pros

Seemed easy to use
Seemed convenient
Not much else, to be honest

Cons

No customer service whatsoever
Doctor no showed our appointment that was scheduled a week out and haven’t heard from her
Unable to send a message direct to the provider either via the app or the desktop (but they can send messages to the client)

• Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Access Excellent Care from Anywhere

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Teladoc saves time. All medical providers I have seen are professional and I have received nothing less than stellar care from them. Even a prescription called right into my local pharmacy!

Pros

This was the easiest tool I've ever used for access to reliable healthcare. From downloading the app to my first doctor visit was everything was simple and FAST. And of course, accurate.

Cons

The moon inconvenience, and it was minor, was the few extra steps to get my children signed up on the account as well (they're in their teens so I understand that Teladoc needed their input as well).

Remote Health Assessments

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

From the get-go my experience with Teladoc was a positive one. Highly professional doctors. Easy to use application. What more could you ask for?

Pros

Teladoc is fairly straight forward to use. Requesting an appointment is as simple as entering a few details about your request, choosing a timeframe, and how you'd like to be contacted. The doctors are highly professional and helpful.

Cons

If you forget your password or are otherwise unable to login to your account it can be a frustrating experience to reset it. Sometimes the automated emails don't arrive until days later, or sometimes not at all.

jolanda

totally wrong diagnosis

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

After describing my symptoms to a hasty doctor I was diagnosed with a flu. I tried to tell him that I had flu many times in my life and I knew how it felt, this time it didn't feel like a flu. No sneezing, no cough, no soar throat, just fever, chills, and strong lower back pain.
He even got a little annoyed that I disagreed with him and cut me short prescribing me a flu medicine and Tylenol for the fever. I did take the first dose and it didn't help whatsoever. Second dose, still pain and high fever.
The following day I went to the emergency room where I was diagnosed with kidney infection.
I can understand that it's not easy to make an accurate diagnose over the phone, but my symptoms were so clearly not a flu. If you google my condition first thing you find is kidney infection. Shouldn't a doctor know??
The fact that I waited over 24 h before going to emergency because I was reassured it was just a flu, nearly cost me my life, as the infection spread to my blood, and that's no joke. I ended up being hospitalized for 4 days and I'm still recovering now.
This service didn't work for me and I really don't know which conditions could be safely diagnosed without taking blood pressure and running tests.
Never going to use it again, not worth gambling with my health.

Pros

software is ok, easy to use, customer service is helpful.

Cons

hard to set up your account, it kept crushing and I had to call customer service for help.

rob
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Used for 2+ years

my experience

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

never will use again terrible doc terrible service

never will use again terrible doc terrible service

Pros

easy to use very quick not expensive. easy to find and sign in from my device

Cons

didnt make a diagnosis didnt spend time didnt call any medicines in thought it was a scam, he just said to go get checked out

Quyen
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Horrible. Do not use Teladoc

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

I am very dissatisfied with Teladoc. They took my $ and did not provide the service I was asking for. Now they have deleted my account and I can't login in to retrieve what they said to provide to my primary doctor. I needed a prescription for a very safe simple medication (Nizoral) I was using. I thought that I would try Teladoc since it seems to be quick and I need no appointment. It is hard to see my primary doctor now since due to COVID. They took my $ and said I don't need to drug, but instead give me a recommendation to go buy an OTC drug. I've used Nizoral many times before and it's very safe to use. I made a mistake by using Teladoc. I will surely spread the word about this horrible scam.

Pros

Absolutely Nothing. This company is a scam.

Cons

I am very dissatisfied with Teladoc. They took my $ and did not provide the service I was asking for. Now they have deleted my account and I can't login in to retrieve what they said to provide to my primary doctor. I will surely spread the word about this horrible scam.

Tom
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Unhelpful doctors and lack in training of customer care reps

Reviewed on 2022/01/31

My first appt was cancelled by the doctor 2 minutes before the appt time and the doctor said they could not call me. Got a second doctor scheduled by one of the customer care reps who screened my concerns for the appt but did not say whether the Dr could discuss them properly. My questions were LGBTQ related and overall I feel this company does NOTHING to acknowledge the topics that this community needs to discuss with doctors. They have no way to filter doctors in this area, so you get assigned random doctors that are conservative and honestly feel uncomfortable speaking on these sensitive issues. After a short 3.5 minute long call, no resolution and was told my issue isn't urgent care related so talk to your PCP. How is this company around?!

Pros

Cool app. That's really about it. Easy to use.

Cons

There's no accountability and your charged for a 4 minute conversation where the doctor cannot help you if your question is non-urgent care.

Brian
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

I like money

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Pros

I like money and patients give me money for the headaches we provide. I was thinking about changing our name to headache-a-doc but that wouldn't be as easy to text.

Cons

It took too long to develop and the patients ask too many questions. When I hang up on them I blame it on bad cell phone service, oops four hundredth time today.

I also don't like that customers give me bad reviews. I wish I could screen out the ones who have expectations before they even come online.

Ricardo

Saved the 1 or 2 hour trip to a Dr's office - Prescription for 5yr old

Reviewed on 2022/05/02

Excellent, convenient, professional

Excellent, convenient, professional

Pros

Was able to secure appointment and actually meet the doctor within 10 to 15 minutes.
Dr. Diagnosed my 5 yr old and issued a prescription for pickup

Cons

None
No issues.
Filled out a form and posted pictures 8 min
Appointment scheduled waited 12 minutes for Dr.
Doctor met with us for about 8 minutes and issued a prescription.

Angela

Works Exceptionally Well

Reviewed on 2021/07/27

My husband's insurance gives him the option of using Teladoc, and it has been a really blessing for us to have during the pandemic. We have used it multiple times and the login in process is very easy.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I am able to communicate with my doctor or nurse practitioner without any problems. Logging in is a breeze, and, if needed, a prescription can easily be issued. I really like the quality of the sound and video too.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about it. I have found it very easy to use, especially during the pandemic, when my husband and I needed an appointment without going out to the office.

Kara
  • Used for 1+ year

Not worth your time and effort.

Reviewed on 2021/01/02

0 out of 10.

0 out of 10.

Pros

I like nothing about teladoc, I will never use again nor recommend.

Cons

The doctor could not help me and suggested I went to urgent care. That is what I was trying to avoid by using teladoc. Super frustrating !

User Interface Excellence

Reviewed on 2019/09/15

I was skeptical when I began using it, but it was so easy, I'm more likey to seek help sooner.

Pros

As a user with multiple kids, I can believe how easy it is to use this app. if one of the kids is sick in the middle of the night, I can have someone helping me within a half-hour at the most and all of their health info is there so I don't need to remember medications, etc.

Cons

It would be nice to see the physician during communication even if we didn't want to be "seen." An in-app communication system would be great.

Jw
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The worst service that I have ever had in my life

Reviewed on 2021/09/25

I used Teladoc to get my medical maintenance prescription two months back, and came to know the the prescription was for the only one month. I called Teladoc representative and asked how I can get a year prescription and she told me to book a new doctor numerous times. I was doubtful, so I put a very clear request note in booking to give me a call only when a doctor can give me one year's prescription. The doctor who gave me a call had no idea about it, and he simply said he can't give me a year's prescription and hung up, and Teladoc is denying my refund request which is really ridiculous. There was no medical services from the doctor other than saying that he can't give me 1 yr's prescription and It was the most terrible experience I ever had. I would give rate 0 out of 10 for their services.

Pros

NOTHING I liked about Teladoc. this is the worst services that I have ever had

Cons

Teladoc is charging not the service itself but whether doctor gives a call or not. Even if you won't get any medical advice from doctor nor proper service, once you get a call you will be charged regardless, which is terrible and very frustrating.

shelby
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

waste of money

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

when I called for a refund after being told by a doctor to go to a doctor they said no because I talked to the doctor.

Pros

this is a waste of money. They tell u to go to a doctor when thats obviously what your doing by calling them

Cons

The doctor took my call and told me i could be suffering from something major or something minor and should go to the doctor. Which I obviously already knew from Google which told me that for free. I was trying to go to a doctor which is why i paid 45 dollars for the call. I did not get told any new information this is a joke

Cedric
  • Industry: Research

Useless, this is a joke

Reviewed on 2021/06/01

I used Teladoc since the Covid pandemic made it hard to see a physician and it's covered by my insurance. The 2 physicians I saw absolutely didn't care about what I was telling them, precribed me some expensive OTC medications that had nothing to see with the actual symptoms. They just want to get paid and end the visit as soon as possible. I saw 2 physicians to hear the same thing twice: go see a doctor... weird... I was thinking it was actually what I was doing... in a word: useless. Will never use again.

Pros

Easy to use, can see a "physician" quickly.

Cons

Everything. It is a just a waste of time and a waste of money

Cambria
Cambria

Terrible - Everything about this platform is terrible

Reviewed on 2023/09/14

Horrible. Never ever use this platform

Horrible. Never ever use this platform

Pros

Nothing, absolutely nothing. I will never ever use this platform again.

Cons

The doctor accused me of calling in for prescription drugs. Never listened to me, proceeded to tell me about her 35 yrs of experience. I then called customer service to report the doctor and she did absolutely nothing. She was condescending and I later found out she never actually submitted my feedback. I ended up going to my GP in person and found out I had walking pneumonia. Funny how that came full circle.

Timothy
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Unable to start

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Disappointed

Disappointed

Pros

The amount of time spent before they were able to finish and end the call was beyond my expectations.

Cons

Unable to log in/create a username. Upon trying to contact customer service to figure out what is wrong, I was hung up on before getting anywhere.🤔 Not sure if it was problem on their end but I was not called back, so I'm assuming intensional.

Ky'Essence
Ky'Essence

Teladoc is convenient

Reviewed on 2021/08/20

Pros

Easy to schedule appointments and very professional doctors. I like how it is now free without insurance which makes it accessible to more people.

Cons

Customer service is a little delayed and it takes a while to receive “forgot password” email which can be annoying if you’re in a rush

Ronald
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

prescription was never called in - and when I wrote in the replies we general and standard...!

Reviewed on 2022/01/21

I wrote them many times asking why the doctor never called in a script - and they gave me some bull honkey about vit c and vit d. Please do yourself a favor never use them - they refused my $75 refund...stating some company policy rubbish - their service it terrible - rather call CVS or Care Now

Pros

I was very disappointed when after talking with the provider [SENSITIVE CONTENT] - he discussed calling in a prescription to my pharmacy for Augmentin - however, that was not the case - He never called in the prescription!

Cons

The doctor and support team are liars and wont follow-through - just a money-making scam taking advantage of sick people

Kris
  • Used for 1-5 months

Pre-pay for services not offered

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Teladoc forces patients to pay first before they reveal if they even treat the Tela-med treatable ailment (bait and switch). Completely shady.

Pros

The service is fairly easy to use. No complaints

Cons

The issue with Teladoc is bad patient care and shady business practices. The software works well.

Jacob
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Hi way Robbery

Reviewed on 2021/09/30

When I contacted them about the issue they told me to go to urgent care.

When I contacted them about the issue they told me to go to urgent care.

Pros

Nothing they stole 75 dollars from me. Prescribed otc cough medicine for sinus infection. When I called to complain I was told to go to urgent care.

Cons

They diagnosed me with upper respiratory infection then prescribed me otc cough syrup. Complete waist of money. Avoid these guys at all cost.

Cheryl
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Dr. never called

Reviewed on 2022/12/06

Worst experience ever!

Worst experience ever!

Pros

I didn't find any value is this software

Cons

Made an appointmet 4 hours and 8 minutes ago. Was told the wait would be 10-15 minutes. 4+ hours later, still no doctor has called, but I've been asked 6 times, via text, if I still need to speak to a doctor or if I would like to cancel my appointment.

Christopher
  • Industry: Information Services

Absolute worst experience with any medical provider, ever.

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

Pros

Nothing. They are terrible. Absolute worst

Cons

Absolute worst customer service and experience. They steal money. They can't treat men with UTIs and still let you set appointments for it just to take your money.