Showing 25 reviews of 14

Orion Voice Platform

AI-enabled collaboration & communication management solution

Showing 25 reviews of 14
Corbin A.
  • Industry: Furniture

Easy Communication and IoT Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

We have made communication through our warehouse and sales floor simple. We are able to communicate a sale and get a delivery set up very quickly though Orion.

Pros

The best thing about this product is that it is easy to use and easy to master. We like having only one button to push to communicate with each other. Another major pro is the admin interface. The interface makes it easy to add users and groups. The IoT functionality through ITTT is also very cool.

Cons

The software can have a few hardware issues from time to time. We have sent back a few devices as they stopped functioning. Orion did replace them for free though.

Johnny V.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Orion R good stuff

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

Very easy to keep in touch with all my officers in the field.

Pros

Very easy to use. You can create a group and add as many people as you want.

Cons

Needs a mute option. I would also like to be able to delete people from the groups that I start.

Response from Orion Labs

Thanks for your review, Johnny! We appreciate your feedback regarding in-app mute functionality. We do have a silent mode available with Onyx, our Bluetooth low energy accessory that works in conjunction with the Orion mobile app. Group admin functionality, including the ability to remove users, plus other powerful features such as advanced talk modes, is available with the Orion Pro subscription. If this is something you'd be interested in exploring, please feel free to reach out to us directly.

Jeremy G.
  • Industry: Public Safety
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Orion voice platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

Annoyed because of the one connection at a time issue.

Pros

The audio quality is great, the location sharing excellent.

Cons

Users cannot access multiple channels at the same time. If you are on a channel or communicating one on one, you will not receive any communications from the other channels .

Response from Orion Labs

Thank you for your review, Jeremy! We pride ourselves on offering the highest possible audio quality experience in push-to-talk communication. We do have an All Call feature enabling users to speak to all groups and/or listen to all groups; that's available as an add-on to the Orion Pro subscription. If this is something you'd be interested in, don't hesitate to reach out, and we can explore this and more.

Jessica M.

Promising product

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

When it works, it's the best. When it's glitchy, it's 'fine' to annoying.

Pros

Push to talk combadges are a fantastic way to stay in touch. I am considering rolling them out to all employees. They work very well in a stable wifi environment.

Cons

They suffer a little on reliability when moving between networks/driving- especially when the phone picks up a stray open wifi with a password portal that fools the phone into thinking it has internet instead of staying on LTE. Some of that is outside their control, but it felt more could be done with some of the glitches we experienced. Tried to offer our environment testing to support but they were unresponsive.

Response from Orion Labs

Thanks for your review, Jessica! On most mobile devices, if Wi-Fi is enabled, the device will try and find the strongest network to connect to, even if that network as you experienced is behind a portal, ultimately impeding your ability to connect. The simplest way around this is when you're not at home disabling the Wi-Fi on your device to ensure you're using cellular data. We're happy to help whenever you have questions, so always feel free to reach out to us.

Hamed A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The great toll for notifying and talk with your college and team mate

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Pros

It works in background and lock mode, we can hear a group voice even phone is lock

Cons

Silencing one or more person in a group is very helpful

Michael G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Radios are more functional

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

Pros

The appearances of the application are attractive.

Cons

The lag in communication. Some phones don’t support it. The application seems to only work if the application is running and on the main screen, not sleeping or running in the background.

Response from Orion Labs

Thanks for your review, Michael! Like other mobile applications that utilize cellular data or Wi-Fi, we rely on a reasonable level of signal strength to minimize latency in communication. The Orion app does work while backgrounded; however, some Android devices may need to disable battery optimization for the app to ensure it works as desired. More information regarding this can be found on our knowledge base; please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly for this or any other questions or troubleshooting.

Michelle K.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Orion Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

My overall experience with the system and the way it works is great as long as you have an iPhone. I wish the parts and pieces were smaller and not so heavy; it would make it easier to wear and use.

Pros

The software is easy to use and was smoothly integrated into our office as a communication system. I like that it works off of a cell phone, which you would have near you anyway, so there are no bulky devices or wires attached to your clothing. I like that the earpiece is always attached to you. It is easy to use and every update has made it easier. The sound quality is clear and consistent. I like that there is a choice of colors.

Cons

The things That I don’t like are all minor, but valid...the software does not work well if you don’t have an iPhone. They told us that it would work just fine on both platforms, but it really would never work with my Samsung, or with any of the other non-apple phones in the office. Orion made it work, though. They gave us several I phones, and we rounded up a few other spares and everything was fine. Now we just don’t hire anyone whom doesn’t have an apple phone. Haha. Another thing I don’t like is the weight of the “round thing”. It is heavy to attach to clothing and still remain assessable for communication. On several occasions they just quit working, I believe that they were at least mostly replaced by Orion. The cords that attach to the earpieces are long and awkward. Some girls in my office wrap them around their entire upper bodies to avoid the long cord dangling in the way, The earpieces are large and bulky, They come in several styles and sizes, but I was never able to find one that would fit my ear. I had to buy one myself...the speaker sits just outside my ear, the cord is smaller and shorter and it works very well for me.

Jenna M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Convenient, mostly reliable

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

No privacy protection for end user or company
Mostly reliable
Don't know what battery optimization msg 24/7 means on Android
Don't know if I can to 1 - 1 calls on Android
Never trust that it is truly logged out

Pros

The product is convenient, easy to use. The map is usually accurate has helped us locate employees who weren't where they were supposed to be (macro level). One the fun side we all changed our profile pictures to various comic book characters. I like I can see who is available and not available.

Cons

First Terms and Conditions said that data could be collected and used for third party. Current T&C says recordings will only be access to satisfy business needs but that changed recently and available 24/7 on the app. What I really dislike is that any data collected will be processed "fairly and lawfully". That's VERY open to interpretation. Before this change, it said date could be given to third parties, which this new T&C doesn't exclude. Another Con is that we sometimes get booted out of the app and don't know it and miss important contact. If you are an Android user, I can't tell if I can do one to one calls yet and Last but not least, sometimes you think you are logged out but it is still running when I go to log back in.

Danielle M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

The overall experience has been great

Pros

The product is nice looking, the quality of sound is great and the customer service is great!

Cons

It seems like the devices do not last as long as we would prefer

Stephen B.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Great for Public Safety that needs a Communications Solution

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Great Company. Willing to work with you in developing a product for your individual needs

Pros

As long as you had cell service you had crystal clear communication.

Cons

No Cons, The only reason we are no longer a customer is becuase of a state system being implemented for our radio communications. Otherwise, we would still be a customer. We couldn't continue paying for something that we didn't have a use for.

Ricardo U.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Convenient!!!

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Communication is better now. Compare to walkie-talkies. Better technology even though you have to use your own phone.

Pros

Easy to use!! You don’t have to carry an extra piece of hardware other than your phone.

Cons

My phone battery run down faster when in use.

Kendall M.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great for Summer Camp Counselors

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

Pros

The camp staff was able to use this software hands-free while working with children. It was easy to use and provided clear communication!

Cons

At times we had to ensure that our app was updated, and redownload the app for certain phones.

Rik C.
  • Industry: Sports

Golf Staff Usage

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Been great..only a few bugs..very helpful from service

Pros

Ease of locating the staff and better range

Cons

Software is great..only gripe is connectivity as good as cellular service

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Excelente Choice

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

Excelente plataforma, muy recomendable.

Pros

Un software excelente para mercados que necesitan soluciones donde el uso no es tan intenso, se cuenta con coberturas garantizadas y hay ancho de banda disponible.

Cons

Los paquetes de datos que genera pueden ser pesados para algunos ambientes muy congestionados.