Line2

Cloud-based communication platform for small businesses

• Industry: Mental Health Care

My Business Phone

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Despite the glitches I enjoy it and they even have customer service that seems to be involved. I am offered early on a scheduled appointment to discuss all the features of the phone that can help me with my business.

Pros

I enjoyed it, I appreciate being able to try the trial and

Cons

When I send text messages it may seem delayed when you go back to read it but on my client's end, he received the message so he replies but on the message log instead his answer to my question appears before mine. I like to log my client's contact so I hope this glitch will be fixed.

Clients number- when you click add to contacts you go and right away brings you to your contacts where my number for client is saved but it doesn't save it in the app- so it still appears as just the number.

Response from Line2

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

Thomas S.

Horrible

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

The software usually delivers my messages and calls reasonably well.

Cons

The software is buggy.I get random errors such as divide by zero exceptions during normal operation.
On Windows 10, it will not save my microphone and headset settings. This means that I frequently (for every call) have to hang up on people, go into settings, set the microphone and speakers back to my headset, and call them back. This is inconvenient for people I know and can call back, but devastating if I'm trying to conduct business.
Every update brings a litany of unexpected behavior and new errors, especially on mobile. (Moto E4 Plus)
My biggest dislike is the difficulty I have had in getting assistance in porting my number out now that I have decided I'm done. They say they haven't received a port request despite my carrier submitting a request repeatedly over the course of 2-3 months. We have tried reaching out to their VOIP service provider to try and get an answer as to why the port request is being rejected, but have yet to have a call answered despite calling during their posted open hours. Line2's response has basically been "not our problem."

Response from Line2

Hello Thomas,

We most definitely appreciate that you took the time to leave this detailed feedback for us as it helps us to make any necessary improvements to our software.

Our aim is to ensure that you are always having the best experience possible.

Jose M.

Amazing virtual phone

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

Great option when you need a virtual phone, it allows you to call/text from the same app.

Cons

When trying to call outside the US, it gives you some issues in regarding country code and area code.

Response from Line2

Thank you for taking the time to post your Line2 review. We really appreciate it. ^MS

Jay K.

Line2 Pro needs some re-work to make it more user friendly

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Needs a little work, when you send bulk messages out it freezes your PC.

Pros

Stability of the software has been fairly good, some times it needs to be re-installed, and for the most part it's okay after.

Cons

You can't copy from the software, you can copy the text, and not the number you have sent the message to.

Line2 is a cheap and effective way for recruiters to contact applicants.

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

Line2 allows me to call and text all my potential applicants from a local number. They have many different plans that are well priced, and allow you to choose your best fit. I enjoyed having the app on my phone to keep in touch even after work hours.

Cons

I wish there was a way to add contact info the same moment you write the message. I often lose messages in the app because I can only add in the name after the fact.

Sarah B.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Personal Business Line

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

I have been using Line2 for about 2 years. It meets my basic needs although I have at times struggled with the overall quality of the service. But given the price point, I think it is a fair investment.

Pros

I chose Line2 because it's pricing was competitive. I use this for my business only, so I like that I can track my business related calls and messages apart from my personal correspondence.

Cons

At times the app has logged me out without me realizing it and during the times that it is not actively signed in I can miss calls and messages from clients.

Response from Line2

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

• Industry: Information Services

Cost Effective

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

I have used Line2 for several yrs due to the price but if I could find something in this price range, I would change due to the down time.

Pros

The price is the reason I choose it and stay with it.

Cons

It makes you dial numbers repeatedly to get the number to connect and it is down a lot.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Best second line!

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Great App/software, reliable, inexpensive and allows my small business to perform professionally.

Pros

I tried Line2 after starting my own small business, which has quickly grown. Line2 allows me to receive my call anywhere and notifies me that the incoming call is for my business. Their app works wonderfully, no issues with crashing and allows for voicemail and text messages.

Cons

I have no issues to report with the app. The download and set up is easy, overall. Signing up a freeze.

Response from Line2

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful and detailed feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

SMS and Calling in one!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

I highly recommend Line2 for those staffing companies that have offshore recruiters. It is very helpful. Communication is the key to successful placements. This is worth investing in.

Pros

I love the idea that it's like a virtual cellphone for us- recruiters working offshore! You can text and call a candidate easily in one software. Candidates can also leave a voice message and you will be notified and you can listen to it! You can also install Line2 on your cellphone - very accessible!

Cons

I think there is only one thing - there is no search option! Whenever I tried to look for previous messages I need to manually look for it - one by one. It would be easier if I can simply type a keyword on a search box!

Response from Line2

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

Dan V.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Line2 - Not Worth It!

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Poor experience - I would not use Line 2 again. I used them for over one year in the hopes that their support team would sort out the issues I was having but they never could. And the issues were too common place and constant that it ultimately hindered more than helped.

Pros

Easy to use and access from any smart phone

Cons

Functionality. It looks great on paper and on your dashboard, but there are so many issues and problems with Line2 that it is not worth the effort to keep using it. I am a business owner and the number of dropped calls, clients who could not hear me when I called, bad connections and more really hampered more than helped.

Response from Line2

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for us as it greatly helps us to make any needed improvements to our product.

Igor S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Customer services

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

Pros

Customer services are very, very BAD!!! More then one month I can't porting my fax number! Customer support not professional! Porting department didn't answer, not respond! Horror, horror, horror!!!

Cons

Price. Cheap company....................

Response from Line2

Hello Igor,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback as it does greatly helps us to make any necessary changes to our product for you.

Carla D.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

The best online phone app

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

The calls are of very good quality, you can also send text messages, better than other systems we had tried before.

Pros

This app helps us to communicate with offices outside the country, at a very low cost.
Allows you to install an app to the mobile phone at no extra cost.

Cons

At one time the app could not be installed from the Play store, and we had to ask the company directly, this made us delay in some way.

Response from Line2

Hello Carla,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it!

Jason O.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Line2 is a good bare bones alternative

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

You get what you pay for, but for its useful and efficient automated assistant.

Pros

The pricing was right, and it offers a good automated assistant. The Windows app was fairly easy to use.

Cons

The Windows app isn't as robust as similar products, and it doesn't offer some of the free perks of its competitors such as conference calling and a back up line. The dialer is a bit wonky compared to other interfaces and the app should allow you to do more administrative tasks.

Response from Line2

Hello Jason,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this valuable feedback for us. We look forward to making continued improvements to our platform for you in hopes that it will improve your overall experience.

Best regards,

Carlos, Line2 Community Manager

Delmy zunilda M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

No voice gaps on call. Excellent connection

Reviewed on 2018/05/06

Makes my work easier every day

Pros

Easy to use. User friendly interfase, can store contact profiles and a great BOIP connection. Easy to run

Cons

Can t have more than three calls at the same time, and you need to hang up one to catch up another call

Jake P.

Awesomeness

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Pros

This software has great business features. Has an auto attendant feature that is fully customize-able and has a great after hours functionality.

Cons

I do not like that they don't have a feature for hold music

Response from Line2

Hello Jake,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this amazing feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it!

All the best,

Megan E.

Just ok

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

Line 2 is easy and simple to set up and use

Cons

Calls are glitchy sometimes. I’ve had issues with dropped calls.

Response from Line2

Hello Megan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback, we greatly appreciate it.

Zach G.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Payed for service, set it up, doesn't work, customer service inaccessible

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Pros

There is nothing I like about my experience

Cons

I can log in to my account, but I can't log in to the app or to dashboard.line2.com. Customer service is not responding to emails or phone calls. Instructions online to cancel account are incomplete. Terrible

I use it daily for texting in the cloud

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

It's ok but could be better

Pros

I like to be able to use a cloud-based texting app so that my employees are always connected no matter who's managing the shift.

Cons

It takes soooo slow to load sometimes. It used to have issues with group texting but they have fixed most of the bugs by now.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Your second number with out a sim

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

10/10

Pros

One of the best calling app with a reasonable pricing. It has call forwarding option. Clear audio for international calls even works with better mobile internet connection

Cons

I was happy with their services so I don't have any cons or negative comments

Response from Line2

Hello,

• Used Other for Free Trial

SATISFIED

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Pros

It works incredibly fine. It's very easy to navigate the tools.

Cons

None, I like all of the features on this software

Response from Line2

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this amazing feedback for us.

All the best,

June B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Line 2 review

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

I am overall happy with my experience with line 2. It helps a lot keeping everything organized. Thanks.

Pros

What I like most about when using line 2 is how I never ever use my actual number to text or make calls. This app helps that.

Cons

What I like least about line 2 is that there are so many clones of this, WhatsApp for example, I have friends on both so it's easy to mix up whos on witch cite.

Response from Line2

Hello June,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

Shekhar J.

Decent software for texting and calling

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

decent value for a decent price but expect some minor technical glitches

Pros

The user can get texting and calling options on a single phone. The pricing is cheap and the basic plan is good enough for small businesses especially for international calling over the internet.

Cons

The software doesn't do well if the internet speed is low and moreover it freezes abruptly which is really disappointing. There are certainly several other softwares available that work smoother.

Corinne B.

Nice option for an organization with a virtual office.

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Overall, this software gets the job done for a decent price. My only complaint is that I have to click around more than I would prefer to get it set where I want for call flow.

Pros

This software is cheap and reliable. It does have several settings for customization of phone call flow. It does the job fine enough that I have go looking for a replacement.

Cons

It is a little hard to navigate. I find myself having to click around several places to end up where I want such as to change settings, etc. It doesn't work well on Chrome. Only can access some of the application.

Line 2 is very unreliable for business

Reviewed on 2019/03/03

Customer service has been terrible. They do not answer the support number and the mail box is always full.
Filling a report on their website has not fixed anything for the past 45 day.

Pros

It was reliable in the past and the price was OK. I guess you get what you pay for.

Cons

For the past month and a half the system has a 40 seconds delay before a caller hears the first ring. Most clients hang up before that time. I have lost a lot of business due to this .

Response from Line2

Hello,

Lily V.

great when it works

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Pros

Line2 is easy to get set up and start using. Once you sign up you can choose either a toll-free number or a phone number with a local area code. With Line2 you can easily call and text customers to help keep you in touch.

Cons

It can be glitchy at times and drop calls. Also, I have noticed that sometimes texts do not appear in the order they are sent/received which can make things confusing.

Response from Line2

Hello Lily,