Mike M.

Great, Inexpensive Solution

Reviewed on 2016/01/26

We've used PHPKB's hosted solution for about five years and the experience has been nearly flawless. We originally chose PHPKB because of the clean front end and easy-to-use interface, and of course, price. Over five years, I can't recall the system ever being down, and the PHPKB team has been outstanding and very responsive with customer support. Our users also had no significant issues and the solution just always worked as intended. We generated several million page views over time which was great given the niche market we're in. The main point I would make with these types of solutions is to line up your content people and keep them engaged to keep your site fresh. For the app, also carefully consider your reporting needs. I expect you could install and maintain this locally without a great deal of effort.

James B.

A simple and well thought out application that does what it says without extra fluff.

Reviewed on 2016/05/06

I've only been using PHPKB 8.0 for a short time, but I love it already. It does what I need and no more, which is perfect.
I was looking for a wiki or knowledge base product and I looked at many other possible solutions but all of them were complete overkill with lots of extra things and complications that I did not need.
I wanted a knowledge base and no more and that's what I've found in PHPKB 8.0.
(PHPKB 8.0, Owned (self-hosted), MySQL)

Toshimi H.

Super user-frendly interfaces, affordable, and great customer support.

Reviewed on 2015/06/10

Pros:
- Intuitive user-interface
- Customizable (editable source code)
- Reasonable price
- Multi-language support
- Quick response and customer oriented technical support
- We received fixed codes for Japan specific issues.

Cons:
- No Japanese language assets
- Some Japanese specific issues (no JP mode on TinyMCE, date/time formats, pdf export, etc..)
- No Japanese support
- No updated manuals/tutorials

Sergey S.

How cool is that!

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

Knowledge base is one of the critical tools for both customer support and internal knowledge management. That's why 'omindware always aim to use the best technology available and do periodic market reviews to make sure we are using the latest and the most advanced tools. PHPKB let us look no further - it stands out amongst competition and has everything we currently need, and more. It lets us manage public articles, FAQs and documents, as well as private areas for select customers to provide personalized project documentation, training materials etc. It also features multi-language support so we don't even need to worry about maintaining several instances of it for different markets. How cool is that!

Steve G.

User friendly, flexible, efficient - great product and service

Reviewed on 2015/06/10

Our experience has been very good with PHPKB. The platform is great and the company has done a great job of responding to our requests for customizations. The end result is just about to launch, but we believe it will be well received by our customers.

Johny C.

Honest Review after 1 Year of Usage

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

We are using PHPKB both internally (for our support agents) as well as externally (to help assist our customers in self-help manner). We have noticed that our support queries have reduced over 60% in last few months.

Pros

We evaluated PHPKB for 2 months before making a decision to buy a self-hosted license. The sales person was extremely helpful, helped us configure our server to make sure it met the requirements for installation. We are using it from over a year now and we are fully satisfied. I can highly recommend it as the best value for money knowledge base software for internal as well as external use.

Cons

There is none in particular that we do not like about this software.

Debbie S.

PHPKB 6.0 Review

Reviewed on 2010/03/09

I'd highly recommend this knowledge base software to anyone who is looking for a stable, secure and feature-rich knowledge base solution.

Pros

User Interface
Dashboard
KB Statsitics & Reports
Flash Charts

Cons

None in particular