Google Classroom Reviews

Google Classroom

4,6 (2 656)
Teaching and learning collaboration for teachers & students

(2 656)

Avash
Avash

Simple and Easy solution for Online Teaching/Learning

Reviewed on 2021/11/07

After the pandemic, most schools have started teaching online. As our company has some schools as clients - we have suggested Google Classroom as one part of online schooling. It's not a complete Learning Management System (LMS) but is a powerful and easy-to-use tool that makes the online teaching and learning process easier. I highly recommend Google Classroom to anyone looking for a simple application to make the online teaching-learning process easier but one shouldn't expect it to cater to all needs.

Pros

The best thing about Google Classroom is that it's free. Another great thing about Google Classroom is that it belongs and so is connected to Google Ecosystem thus making sharing documents or classroom slides easy through Google Docs and Google Slides etc. We can also import files directly from Google Drive. Another good thing about Google Classroom is that it's accessible from any device - iPhone, Android, Laptops - Anything as its website is responsive and fits easily in any display size. Also due to its simple and intuitive User Interface (UI) - it's easy to start using it even if one doesn't have a tech background. I also like that announcements, homework reminders, etc are emailed to students automatically.

Cons

The only thing I don't like much about Google Classroom is its completeness. Google has created many software which are exceptional at what they do and offers all features that one might need while using its software. But that's not the case with Google Classroom as its not a complete Learning Management System (LMS) like Blackboard. Google Classroom is usable on any kind of device however, I have found that some features aren't available in the mobile application (Android) but that's okay as its the same with almost all softwares

Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to Google Classroom

Google Classroom is free and some teachers were already familiar with Google Classroom.
Kevin
Kevin

A great online classroom

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

I have to say that I am impressed with the Google classroom and what its able to do. With the current state of everyone being home online classrooms became a must have. While I did have access to more advance CMS that are structured for an education being pressed for time I chose to use Google Classroom. I now have about three classes online with a total of 50 students and I can say that Google classroom helps a lot with the day to day tasks when it came to teaching and providing assignments. Student we able to join and with some minor issues they were also able to upload their work. The great thing is that its accessible on both PC and Mobile so it can cater to more students.

Pros

The interface is sleek as with most Google designs. The lay out is simple and you can easily find everything you need to set up your classroom. Since I had three separate classes, I was able to configure each separately adding students via the provided invite code that can be generated by the classroom. Work and assignments can be easily structured for use by students and I love how Google gives you a dedicated Google Drive for storing uploaded classroom content. This accommodates all types of documents and media. There is also integration with YouTube which means students can watch videos from the classroom. I can give assignments and students can also upload their projects. As a basic educational tool Google Classroom is great.

Cons

The biggest downside is that it is too basic and lacks some extra features or some of the features implemented are limited. Maybe this is part of Google concept where all services are separated into apps in their G-Suite, but it can be annoying having a conference call with students, then switching to the classroom, then having to switch to the whiteboard. If all these services where integrated, it would make life a lot better. Also, there a few features that you will have to search online for instructions. Student notifications only work when new content is added. It you correct errors or made upgrades you will need to manually alert your students.

Candace
  • Industry: Fishery

I love it must try

Reviewed on 2024/03/30

I love it. I wouldn't go to another class room app for nothing

I love it. I wouldn't go to another class room app for nothing

Pros

I love how it actually feels like your in a classroom. Easy to start your class or training

Cons

Contacting someone is gotten a lot better if you need help with something but still slow.

Robin

Google Classroom Lacks Many Features

Reviewed on 2021/04/15

In a pinch, with online learning during the pandemic, Google Classroom has given us a way to communicate with students and assign/collect student work. It is relatively easy to learn to use given time to adjust to this type of platform. However, there are features that it lacks - grade transfer to grading programs, ease of duplicating AND scheduling work at the same time for multiple classes to name a couple.

Pros

It is relatively easy to set up a class and invite students to join. You will likely need to watch a tutorial first, but after that, it is pretty straightforward. I like that it time-stamps submitted work. you know exactly the time a student turned something in.

The ability to ask a simple multiple-choice question (I only gave the option of one answer - the word "here:)makes it easy to have students check-in for attendance purposes.

Cons

There is no easy way to transfer scores from Google Classroom to our grading system. There are no built-in comments when responding to student work. You cannot create assignments that can be both scheduled and added to multiple classes at the same time. For example, I have 3 sections of Geometry. I have to create an assignment and schedule for one class, then share and redo the scheduling for each of the other 2 classes. There is no way to hide old assignments so that students can't go back several weeks and try to submit old/late work, particularly at the end of each marking period.

I don't like the fact that many educators have already asked for some of the features I feel are lacking, and yet updates have not been made.

Pamela

Google Classroom

Reviewed on 2023/12/20

Pros

Its drive, storage students and teachers can always check previous work, providing feedback
Two way communication. comments, assignments, and direct messaging
Its secure unauthorized participants cannot intrude,
additional teachers can join the classes
resources can easily be shared, and organised in many forms,
classroom links easily with other tools, docs, sheets, and slides etc

Cons

Requires a google email and internet access

Zoom and Microsoft Teams

Zoom and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Google Classroom

Its user friendly and most students are familiar with it. the school had google email id system
Vitor
  • Industry: Judiciary

best virtual room

Reviewed on 2024/03/09

Best app I've ever used to make school and work meetings

Best app I've ever used to make school and work meetings

Pros

It is perfect for school and work meetings as it is very simple and easy to use

Cons

the layout is unattractive, but that's not so relevant

Kenzie

Great Collaboration Tool

Reviewed on 2024/03/11

Pros

The best thing about integration of Google Classroom into education is the organization it can provide. All assignments and messages to the class can be on one page. It is easy to use and highly effective.

Cons

I have no complaints about Google Classroom.

Kiranjit

Best way to get connect

Reviewed on 2024/03/02

I had a great experience with the tool "Google Classroom".

I had a great experience with the tool "Google Classroom".

Pros

Google Classroom is a platform where we can connect, share and meet together with privacy.

Cons

I feel it's completely worth it product for students and does not have any negative point till now i consider.

Muhammad Asad
  • Industry: Information Services

Best Ever experience

Reviewed on 2024/03/01

For all educators, Google Classroom is a fantastic contemporary tool. Its interface makes school and homework more convenient and facilitates communication between teachers and students.

Pros

As we can use it on Mobiles and our all devices and User friendly platform gives us the best experience ,Grading and feedback is the option that i like the most.

Cons

Organizing materials in a topic and In the feature of grading and Feedback their are less options and bad thing is Poor Connection

• Industry: Fund-Raising

Best platform for students and teachers.

Reviewed on 2024/03/31

The overall experience of Google classroom is best, as they are providing alot of features for both the students and teachers.

Pros

The best thing about the Google classroom is we can make virtual classrooms, share files and screen and make polls.

Cons

They can add an feature for attendance, no automated updates have to refresh again and again for checking updates.

Lucas

Google Classroom for the Digital Educator

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

My overall experience has been very positive. It's made facilitating classes much easier, and has allowed students to do more work when it's the best timing for them. In our specialized school we deal with a lot of absenteeism, and Classroom helps to manage that issue much better than what I was using before.

Pros

I like that it is compatible with the Google Suite software. I can make an assignment for students on Classroom, then link any materials needed for the assignment that may be saved in my Drive or Docs. I can create digital assignments and assessments using Docs and Forms, and attach any materials or spreadsheets. It's easy to add links or videos to assignments as well. There are also many Add-Ons that compliment Classroom making it easier to facilitate. Students like that it is all digital and they can access everything they need from where ever they might be.

Cons

I don't like that grading doesn't carry over to the Classroom Grading area from assessments or assignments made using Google Forms if you attach anything to the assignment in addition to the Form.

Lena
  • Industry: Veterinary

Google Classroom is a Must Have

Reviewed on 2022/02/07

Google classroom is a must have software especially during times of illness. It allows us to have full communication with our team and class from anywhere at anytime. So my child can learn from her bedroom live with her class, and be able to see the teachers screen as they are learning. I am able to share training with my team and have them interact on their end while communicating with each other. I am also able to live broadcast to our clients. This gives them peace of mind and offers a professional atmosphere for everyone. I highly recommend this software if you need to teach/learn or meet with a team of people without a physical meeting space.

Pros

I like the ability to meet and collaborate anywhere, anytime, and on almost any platform. It has all the functionality and features needed to learn and share information easily with live interaction.

Cons

Like most Google software, it doesn’t have many flaws.

Workplace from Meta and Zoom

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

Google offers more features and accessibility

Zoom

Reasons for Switching to Google Classroom

Google is most cost effective and has the best functionality.
Shazia
  • Industry: Higher Education

Google Classroom, with various integration options, is the top-notch product in the LMS...

Reviewed on 2022/03/30

We have been using Google Classroom since 3 years due to the COVID pandemic and my experience with this product has been excellent so far. It has helped us a lot in keeping track of my students' progress and has become an essential tool for us in imparting education to my students due to this pandemic. It is an easy-to-use cloud-based LMS solution so one can access Google Classroom through the browser without downloading anything. Google Classroom has provided us with excellent ROI. With the implementation of Google Classroom, students' grades have improved a great deal.

Pros

The feature of Google Classroom that I like the most is the easy-to-use, user-friendly and attractive user interface. Another favourable feature is that this platform is totally cloud-based and so it works on any browser. Google Classroom has various features for keeping my students interactive and engaged in my classes. The most helpful feature of Google Classroom is the ability to link a Google Doc or a Google Form to my assignment. Another helpful feature of Google Classroom is the in-built assignment grading feature to award marks and return the assignments to my students. The graphical user interface for students as well as teachers gives it a better look and makes it easy to use. Google Classroom gives detailed insights about students' assignment submissions. Google Classroom can be integrated with various other products like Hapara and Schoolytics which increases the capability of this product. I can start a Google Meet meeting with my students instantly through Google Classroom for hassle-free video conferencing.

Cons

One feature that Google Classroom is missing is the attendance marking feature. This feature is available in most of the competitor's products and so it might be a downside for those who are considering this product.
When the stream is updated from the teacher's side, it does not immediately show up on the students' side. They will have to reload the page to view the updated stream which is a bit painful somehow.

Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to Google Classroom

We chose Google Classroom over its other competitors due to the wide range of integrations that Google Classroom provides. Also, its ease of usage and extra features as compared to Blackboard Learn acted as an inspiration for buying this product.
Merriel

Teacher review

Reviewed on 2022/03/05

Overall Google classroom has helped me and my team, and I will continue to recommend to others.

Pros

I love that it helps me to communicate in real-time with my students, especially throughout the pandemic, this app is a lifesaver and a life-changer for everyone.
Everyone in my country uses this app and will continue to use it.

Cons

Virtual learning can be challenging but due to this app my school were able to communicate with each other effectively, I did not have any issues with this app so I am just looking forward to any added features.

Ari
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Best app for training courses

Reviewed on 2022/10/07

It's the only platform I use for my business. I used to use Edmodo, but they've shut off operations and I thought it was a bit cluttered.
Google Classroom is just easier to use and very straight forward without many features that just confuse students. It's really perfect.

Pros

Easy to deploy (anyone with a Gmail account can join); The UI is really great; It's very easy to use and understand how it works; Ease of communication between the students and the instructor; Easy to share any type of file. Great integration on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android.

Cons

I haven't been able to find anything I don't like about it yet.

Eric
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

An integrative google products for classes

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

When the pandemic started in the beginning of 2020 google classroom saved most of the schools/universities that won´t have online classes capability and google classroom make it possible. I have lecture a few classes online specially during 2020 and 2021 and overall it was extremely satisfactory. During the first classes of 2020 I asked for a feedback for the students as other platforms had become available and other teachers had used them. They said google classroom was the best option for them

Pros

The integration of google drive (for files shared), google meet (for class - audio and video sharing), google forms (for activities/tests), google calendar and many other google products that allowed a better and reliable online classes during the pandemic and nowadays can be use for complement in-person classes or improve the online classes

Cons

Most of the issues was fixed during the pandemic. There are some punctual issues that happened a few times such as issues with screen sharing or noise in audio, but usually it can be fixed easily leaving and go back to the meeting. Some students point-out issues with sharing the activity, or answering tests (such as automatically change for one option that they do not have selected - for example, all questions was changed for option "C") but it was rare and it happened in the first year of use (2020)

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Google Classroom

Initially it was recommended by the university, and them it was supported by the students
Gustavo
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Your best companion during your studies

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Google Classroom has become an essential part of my graduation. The ease and speed with which teachers can post assignments, reading materials and classes, in addition to the interaction between students and teachers, make Google Classroom a great ally of our studies, and its relevance is even more evident in these times of social detachment and quarantine.

Pros

With Google Classroom, teachers are able to easily offer their students new study strategies and track each student’s progress in detail. In just a few steps it is possible to send reading materials, recorded lessons and assignments to all students that can be completed through Google Forms. The students' answers can be easily accessed and also easily transformed into data capable of showing the performance of the room and the questions that offered the greatest difficulty. For students, this teaching platform allows quick interaction with teachers and classmates, who can post comments and questions publicly or privately, in addition to being able to receive individualized feedback from teachers.

Cons

Even with all its qualities, Google Classroom has some technical flaws that do not make any of its features unfeasible, but that can make them less intuitive. Viewing videos posted by teachers depends on integration with the Google Drive platform, and this communication may be flawed on mobile devices. It is common for the video preview to close when Google Drive is started automatically, and it is necessary to reselect the video in Google Classroom to start it in Google Drive. Another, less common but equally frustrating flaw is the lack of notification for some tasks that are approaching the deadline.

Abdelrahman
  • Industry: Media Production

Google Classroom is just the perfect learning alternative during the pandemic

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

I didn't use about Google Classroom before the pandemic, but after it came and my college had to shut down, we used it as an alternative, and It really provided an unexpected perfect educational environment that made it so close to physically attending to my lectures.

Pros

The best thing I like about Classroom is that it provides a stable connection for the classes, as well as being very user friendly environment and straight to the point.
I also really loved the fact that it constantly reminds you of the upcoming work due dates. And it also has a calendar to keep you updated with everything within your courses.
I liked that its well organized, as there is are three sections for each subject, one for discussions, and its for all the people in the class, which are Teachers and Classmates, and another section for Classwork, and one for the people, which helps you know your classmates in each class.
Its also easy to roll or unroll in a subject, just get the code from the teacher and get in the class.
And after you are finished with any class, you can archive it and get back to it anytime later to see all the lectures and the classwork throughout the semester.

Cons

The only thing I find disturbing is that when people talk in the stream section (or the discussion section), messages get mixed up between teachers and classmates, It would be much better if it had two columns within the stream section, one for students messages, and the other for teachers. Other than that, my experience with Google Classroom is so good.

Zoom
Jaime Valeriano

A Review about Google Classroom of a University Education Student

Reviewed on 2022/09/21

Pros

What I like the most about this application or website is how easy for us to use as a student and as a teacher, since I am able to navigate it as a teacher sometimes as a part of our activity before in a course that is related to educational technology. It has a beginner friendly interface that is why even those people who are not that tech-savvy can actually handle it. Since I also know professors that are even already seniors but having no problem using google classroom. Also, I like how google classroom is integrated with different google software that help us a student to survive in our study. There is this google calendar that helps us to manage our time, google email which helps us to get reminded about specific announcements, google drive where we store our documents and by just sharing its link to google classroom helps us pass requirements, and many more! Lastly, having an access to this application for both mobile and laptops are helpful too!

Cons

Actually, google classroom is almost perfect application for me. However, I think there are some features that they may add so that the learning experiences of students and the teaching experiences of teachers will be seamless. First recommendation is that they should have something like in Canva which shows the students their progress in the course like maybe a percentage. Lastly, there should be also a tab where we can see the overall grades in the course since we students are in need to read back everything just to keep track of our grades.

Gilmer
Gilmer
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Works flawlessly

Reviewed on 2023/09/19

It is a great solution to create a virtual learning space that allows you to organize the contents of the subject, resolve doubts at any time and track the progress of each student. It made it much easier for me to manage the administrative logistics of the class. Although it has areas of opportunity, especially in its free version, I would recommend its use to other teachers thanks to its simplicity, versatility and ability to adapt to different educational levels in an accessible way

Pros

What I liked most about Google Classroom was its simple and intuitive interface, it allows you to create classes, make assignments, share files and communicate with students in a very efficient way. Its clean and functional design makes content distribution and feedback a quick process. Additionally, I loved how it facilitates group discussions through conversation streams, students can resolve doubts among themselves asynchronously. I also highlight its integration with Google Drive, since it allows you to store and edit files directly from Classroom without having to download them

Cons

What I liked least was that some of the advanced features such as calendar integration and the ability to create custom tabs in classes are only available in the paid version. As a teacher who teaches classes at different levels, it would have been very useful to be able to access those tools at no additional cost. I also missed having more types of questions for the assessments, such as multiple choice short answers

Robert

Nothing to fear or worry about Google Class. It was made for you.

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

I have that Google Classroom has saved many schools from giving up learning especially during the Covid 19 pandemic. The fact that I can have my lessons last as long as I want and have all these tools and options and ensure learning continued even schools closed. I have enjoyed using the facility and continue to use it for all my online classes because it is very easy to use and adapt to.

Pros

For starters, there is hardly a learning curve here. The software is easy to use and the transitions from one part to another are seamless. Furthermore, I believe you grow with the software so the more you use it, the more you discover and find things that work better for you. One of the features I use most is the one of "reusing posts" even from archived classes.
The other feature I like is the ability to create topics and populate that with material and assignments and supporting links, videos and other material.

Cons

The only thing I struggled with is in the recording option not being able to pause the recording. I would like to pause the recording for example when I am not explaining and looking at the students work and then continuing when that is done so we do not have videos of blanks spaces.

Eric
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Google Classroom: Absolutely essential for teaching in the 21st Century.

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Overall, I have found that this software has absolutely changed the way I teach. I am able with the click of a button to send my students assignments, video links, study guides, and other resources essential for their learning. It also makes it easier for parents to interact with their child's education and puts them in more of a position of power to help.

Pros

This software, after a small bit of initial setup, creates a seamless and simple way to manage a classroom. This includes dramatically saving me time when it comes to making assignments and grading. I am able to complete a task that normally would eat up 30 minutes in about 5 minutes. In addition to the time saving, I also find that this software makes it so my students have easier access to their own work, and are able to access it at any time, given they have a device to access it on. Gone are the days of missing homework and forgotten assignments. With everything now in Google Classroom, there is always a way to get access to the work. It has been revolutionary for me.

Cons

I find that it there are inconsistencies in how I am pushed to interface with this software, and it isn't very intuitive to discover how to adjust and change my experience. I find that the management method is not consistent even from one classroom to the other, and the way assignments are created and graded is not quite the same. This causes only a slight issue, but I wish it was more intuitive to navigate the customization controls for the classroom interface.

If You're Not Using GC, Get on Board!

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

I used many different work arounds for creating templates and having students turn work in before I started using Google Classroom, and once I made the jump it changed my life. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to send work out, keep things organized, and view everything in one place. I no longer have to deal with students losing their work, or not knowing something was due. It has made all of our lives easier and enriched the learning that takes place in my classroom on a daily basis.

Pros

I can't describe how easy Google Classroom makes managing my assignments. It's the best platform for organizing work, creating templates, providing examples for students, accessing student work in real time, providing feedback and housing student work in general. It is very user friendly, and I would not be nearly as effective at my job without it.

Cons

The only feature that I can think of that I would want on a regular basis is the ability to see things from the student side of the portal as opposed to the teacher side. I often record videos and have to describe to the students what they will see even though what they are seeing on the screen is what I see. I don't think this would be a difficult feature to add. Facebook has a feature where you can see what your public profile looks like, Google Sites has a feature where you can view the published version of your site (what others see), it seems like it would be something they could offer. It won't stop me from using the software. It's just one small thing I often wish I had access to.

Sandra Alicia
Sandra Alicia
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very appropriate to organize and support classes

Reviewed on 2024/01/14

My experience with Google Classroom has been very good. During the time of coronavirus, it helped me take my classes when they had to be online. In my case, I must say that, before it happened, I was already using the platform as my main aid and organization method in the classroom. Google Classroom allows teachers to organize their classes in a more personalized way. In addition, it allows particular curricular adaptations to be made.

Pros

Google Classroom is great for teachers. It allows them to organize their classes in a more appropriate way taking into account new technologies. In my case, I make videos and presentations (with other programs) and then use them in the classroom. During the time of coronavirus, the program was my lifeline as a teacher. Google Classroom allows you to organize classes and include complementary materials. Plus, it's great that you can assign different activities to different students. In this way, depending on the level, you can prepare materials that best suit specific students. The option to send activities for students to do is also very good. There are many options, such as sending tests and writing more text activities.

Cons

I think that the activities section, although good, can be improved.

Brittany
Brittany
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Google Classroom for distance learning win!

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Overall, I find Google classroom extremely user-friendly for all ages and levels of experience. It is very easy to upload assignments and documents. The fact that it is compatible with so many other websites makes it a huge plus in my book. If it would just add a few more customization tools, it would be the perfect platform to utilize within the classroom or through distance learning.

Pros

I absolutely love how compatible Google Classroom is with other websites and programs. While I have used this program for quite some time, my students have not (lack of technology within the school unfortunately). It is super user friendly overall for all ages and experience. It is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. One major bonus point for me is that there is an application for your phone as well and it sends me notifications when students submit work, write a comment.

Cons

While there are a lot of websites and programs compatible with Google Classroom, I don't feel like there is a ton of customization within GC itself. I would ideally like to create folders right there within the page and cannot do so. I do wish there was the ability to use different fonts, sizes, etc. Versus using another program to continuously copy and paste back on to Google Classroom. Another slight issue I do find time consuming is that there aren't any notifications like on the phone app, that tells you when a student submits work, private messages, etc.