1 065 reviews

Google Classroom

Teaching and learning collaboration for teachers & students

1 065 reviews

Importance Google classroom

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Google classroom solved number of tasks for each class of different subjects. It helps alot during covid 19.

Pros

It provides most of features which I need for solving my daily bases Task for my classes.
I can take attendence.
I cna share notes and handouts.
I can take quiz during time with record of time, answers etc.

Cons

Limited space is a big issue.

Another missing feature is that we cannot take print of quiz form like a ms word. The pdf version needs alot of pages.

Vaibhav C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Best platform to connect teachers and students

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Pros

Teacher can send you comments personally, they can share your marks. You can upload your homework and Assignment with a single tap. Pretty easy to use.

Cons

One student uploads and Assignment, it should show students, whether teacher saw his work or not. There must be a SEEN status or something which notifies students also that there work has been seen.

Syed tauqeer haider R.

Best Online Application for Classes

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

it is very excellent application i use in pandemic lock-down, it help me to meetup online with my friend and attending my niece classes.

Pros

i use this application during COVID-19 for my niece to attending his classes online. it very helpful during this pandemic lock-down, it also help me to arrange my friend meetups and enjoy for some time in this tense situation. you can create as many as classes from one account.

Cons

some time i face connection problem in google classroom due to class code not work properly when i am with my niece.

Chamroeunrith C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Google Classroom best platform for Distance Learning

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

well, I can recommend google classroom for teacher who use for distance learning with student during covid situations. teacher not require high knowledge to use google classroom. also student are able to get their lesson and material faster than moodle.

Pros

- fully integrated with the Google Features such as video, lesson, track answer, integrated to assignment as well.
- work on all devices, smart phone, laptop, chrome book etc. easy for student to use.
- Integrated with meeting as well for live training.
- Live record with meeting and integrated to google classroom.

Cons

- less features than moodle, moodle can customized the detail features than google classroom.

Kyle Y.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Save Paper With Google Classroom

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Google Classroom is an amazing modern tool for all teachers. Its interface allows for easier communication with student and teachers and more convenient school and homework. As a middle school and high school student, I really appreciated having access to these tools that didn't exist a couple of years before then. And with the following years, I hope to see more features added to Google Classroom.

Pros

Google Classroom has been a stable feature of my middle school and high school career. Almost every teacher in the school used Google Classroom as a way to make it easier for us students to turn in assignments and for us to transition into a newer more convenient way to get school and homework done. What I really like about Google Classroom is its simplicity. In conjunction with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. Google Classroom really shines as a substitute to standard turn-in baskets using paper. It's the ultimate tool for teachers and students because all of it costs no money. The only thing required is a Google Account which is just as easy to set up as a Google Classroom. Being able to turn in assignments whenever via the internet is a huge benefit for students because it makes it so they don't have to sort through their binders to look for a paper they may have forgotten at home. All of your files can be stored in your Google Account which can be accessed by almost every device and therefore there is less stress when turning in assignments. Google Classroom is a strong option for most teachers of any grade and its ability to make work less of a hassle is in my opinion makes it one of the best tools for school.

Cons

Like most of the Google softwares, Classroom does not need much to improve upon. I suppose Google could add a dark mode if they haven't already. I haven't used Google Classroom on my phone but if they don't have this feature, they should add notifications for when your assignment is about to be due. Personally I don't have any issues with Google Classroom except its design. I feel like it could change it slightly however this is not really something that Google needs to worry about. One thing I would like to add would be an easier way to connect with Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets. For example, when I finish writing an essay in Google Docs there should be a classroom button that allows me to turn it in without having to manually go to the Google Classroom website and turn it in there. These are just suggestions but Google has made a strong application that has little to improve upon and is fine the way it is.

Eric G.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Google Classroom: Absolutely essential for teaching in the 21st Century.

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Overall, I have found that this software has absolutely changed the way I teach. I am able with the click of a button to send my students assignments, video links, study guides, and other resources essential for their learning. It also makes it easier for parents to interact with their child's education and puts them in more of a position of power to help.

Pros

This software, after a small bit of initial setup, creates a seamless and simple way to manage a classroom. This includes dramatically saving me time when it comes to making assignments and grading. I am able to complete a task that normally would eat up 30 minutes in about 5 minutes. In addition to the time saving, I also find that this software makes it so my students have easier access to their own work, and are able to access it at any time, given they have a device to access it on. Gone are the days of missing homework and forgotten assignments. With everything now in Google Classroom, there is always a way to get access to the work. It has been revolutionary for me.

Cons

I find that it there are inconsistencies in how I am pushed to interface with this software, and it isn't very intuitive to discover how to adjust and change my experience. I find that the management method is not consistent even from one classroom to the other, and the way assignments are created and graded is not quite the same. This causes only a slight issue, but I wish it was more intuitive to navigate the customization controls for the classroom interface.

If You're Not Using GC, Get on Board!

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

I used many different work arounds for creating templates and having students turn work in before I started using Google Classroom, and once I made the jump it changed my life. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to send work out, keep things organized, and view everything in one place. I no longer have to deal with students losing their work, or not knowing something was due. It has made all of our lives easier and enriched the learning that takes place in my classroom on a daily basis.

Pros

I can't describe how easy Google Classroom makes managing my assignments. It's the best platform for organizing work, creating templates, providing examples for students, accessing student work in real time, providing feedback and housing student work in general. It is very user friendly, and I would not be nearly as effective at my job without it.

Cons

The only feature that I can think of that I would want on a regular basis is the ability to see things from the student side of the portal as opposed to the teacher side. I often record videos and have to describe to the students what they will see even though what they are seeing on the screen is what I see. I don't think this would be a difficult feature to add. Facebook has a feature where you can see what your public profile looks like, Google Sites has a feature where you can view the published version of your site (what others see), it seems like it would be something they could offer. It won't stop me from using the software. It's just one small thing I often wish I had access to.

Faiyaz T.
  • Industry: Design

A decent E-Learning software!

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

As its in the google ecosystem, Google's Conference software,'Google Meet' is being used to monitor the students. The assignment can be properly distributed to the students. Teachers can share their screen and also can share their whiteboard display!

Pros

In this recent Pandemic situation, the whole world has almost taken a pause. But as Education can't be left apart, softwares like Google Classroom has become very efficient and handy for conducting Classes and counciling of students. Google Classroom is literally a great app powered by Google's ecosystem. The Assignments and classworks can be easily done. Teachers and students can easily solve the problems in an easy manner! The interface is good. Navigation is also smooth. Overall its a very powerfull multi platform supported app.

Cons

Basically there aren't any major issues but when the number of students get more than 50, the shared documents might be hard to control. There is lack of Online Polls and Quizes. But it might get added after some developments.

Brittany B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Google Classroom for distance learning win!

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Overall, I find Google classroom extremely user-friendly for all ages and levels of experience. It is very easy to upload assignments and documents. The fact that it is compatible with so many other websites makes it a huge plus in my book. If it would just add a few more customization tools, it would be the perfect platform to utilize within the classroom or through distance learning.

Pros

I absolutely love how compatible Google Classroom is with other websites and programs. While I have used this program for quite some time, my students have not (lack of technology within the school unfortunately). It is super user friendly overall for all ages and experience. It is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. One major bonus point for me is that there is an application for your phone as well and it sends me notifications when students submit work, write a comment.

Cons

While there are a lot of websites and programs compatible with Google Classroom, I don't feel like there is a ton of customization within GC itself. I would ideally like to create folders right there within the page and cannot do so. I do wish there was the ability to use different fonts, sizes, etc. Versus using another program to continuously copy and paste back on to Google Classroom. Another slight issue I do find time consuming is that there aren't any notifications like on the phone app, that tells you when a student submits work, private messages, etc.

Aden L.

An awesome option for students!

Reviewed on 2020/03/15

Overall, I love the experience with Google Classroom. It enhances my ability to learn in and out of class ten-fold. If I were to ever become a teacher, I would definitely use Google Classroom as my way of communicating to my students.

Pros

As a student, I found this software incredibly east to use. I could easily go from classroom page to classroom page and click on each individual classroom and find a plethora of assignments or notes that the teacher would post for me. I love the fact that you can upload files and powerpoints, so you can easily open them up and look over them again if you feel the need to. I also love how easy it is to view already graded assignments, and I also love that you can comment on those graded assignments and converse with the teacher for more tips through these comments. Its incredibly phone-friendly as well, as I mainly use my phone for google classroom and I can easily get to it and navigate through it any time I want.

Cons

I wish there was a way you could notify yourself if something was due through google classroom, as in, the application would ping your phone reminding you to turn in something by a certain time so you would be reminded of it. Its very minor since I can set that reminder elsewhere, but it would be just that much more convenient if this was an available option

Stevie C.

Google classroom is good for virtual learning.

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Overal it is an easy program to work with, it just proves some hardships for those with non profit class organizations

Pros

Ability to upload and keep track of students within the classes, ability to use Google meet to enhance and contribute to virtual learning.

Cons

For non profit organizations not being able to stream live Google meets for the students to simply click on the live stream link.

Paul Z.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Google Classroom is a nice simple LMS solution.

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

I have enjoyed using Google Classroom and have even switched one of my courses that was using a Moodle server over to this. I did lose some functionality doing that but keeping students on the same platform for all of their courses and the integration with Google Drive and other Google Apps made it worth it. Google has also been pretty responsive to listening to feedback and adding features over time.

Pros

I do like that Google Classroom has a very simple interface that still gives me the ability schedule assignments and repost assignments from archived classes.

Cons

I really would like there to be sometime of built in forum or discussion group feature. You can ask questions and have students respond to each other but it is pretty limited and if you do this you have to allow students to comment on the course stream also and I am not a fan of that.

Nick B.

Needs A Couple Features, But an Excellent Value

Reviewed on 2019/08/11

Overall, Google classroom works nicely as a supplemental classroom tool for digital work. It gets the job done even if it lacks a few small features. I plan to continue using it whether those features are added or not due to the ease of setup and management for teachers and students.

Pros

Google Classroom is extremely easy to get up and running for users on our G Suite domain. Users simply sign in and are ready to create classes and start posting assignments for students. It helps us drive student engagement in classes that may only be offered one of two days a week.

Cons

There is no parent engagement. There is no way for parents to view student progress or track student learning aside from signing into their child's account. It would be amazing to allow parents guest access to view student assignments or ask questions to teachers through classroom via private messages or posts.

Veronica W.

Excellent way to engage your students and manage distance learning.

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

So far I've been happy. It's easy to use and my students have found it easy to use as well.

Pros

It delivers. I can manage the content my students need on a daily basis, even when I have to jump from one subject to another and have to manage different links such as Nearpod, Google Slides, Flipgrid, etc. As an Elementary School educator I have 6 different subjects that I have to manage, not to mention homework, intervention, music, and even physical education. I can prepare assignments ahead of time and also write announcements on a live stream for parents and students. Google Classroom is our class hub.

Cons

I have been adviced to keep all my lessons and it is sad that I can't archive my lessons. I can archive my class at the end of the year or create a new class and archive the current class, but it would be easier to create a folder and put my lesson in it so that my classwork space wouldn't look so convoluted.

Susan G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Google Classroom : A Must Have

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

Google classroom solves the problem of independent work time for students
I can be working with a small group while the others are engaged. It also adds the video component so kids aren't searching the web unattended. There are helpful problem solvers.

Pros

What I like most about Google classroom is its ease of use. You do not need to be a tech wiz to utilize in your class lessons. The video drop is easy and there is a step process that makes a lesson easy to follow. Writing pieces are easy to attach and has a system where you as the educator can view who has turned in assignments and who has not. There is a window of acceptance for lessons that can span days or hours. It really is so easy to use and adds so much to digital lessons.

Cons

I honestly can't think of one but perhaps adding a feature in which we can view a students work prior to its finished product.

Lacey D.

A++ for Google Classroom

Reviewed on 2020/04/11

I have been using Google Classroom more than some of my colleagues. And, during this unprecedented time of COVID-19 quarantine and distance learning, Google Classroom has been the saving grace of our school. All teachers in our building easily learned how to create classes and use it within less than 24 hours. Parents are loving having access to lessons online through Google Classroom.

Pros

This software allows teachers to collaborate, differentiate, organize topics and classwork for student and parent-friendly access, reduces the amount of paper your business or school will use, and allows you to easily and effectively implement the use of technology with your students.

Cons

I really LOVE Google Classroom. The only thing I would amend is the ability to schedule assignments for more than just one class at a time. You are able to assign lessons to multiple classes, but you cannot schedule them at once.

Engoudou edzimbi B.

basic education tool

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

I must say that I liked Google classroom when I was studying. I still use it today, but I never really had any huge difficulties.
What's great about this application is that it's accessible on both PC and cell phones so that I can receive more people.
Overall the software is good but can become great if they add more features.

Pros

Google Classroom is pleasant and allows its user to find any element for the configuration of classes such as online courses and to manage them efficiently. Being in two separate classes, assignments and homework are well structured and separated via a code that is accessible by each student. And, like most google applications, they are saved in Google drive.

The application also allows teachers to assign homework to their students through the software and the students have to submit them by attaching files on the date set through the same software. It can also be used by integrating YouTube where students can watch videos from the room.

Cons

One thing that disturbed me about the application is that we don't have access to all the features. For example, you will never be notified unless someone has added new content. Well, even to make upgrades, you would have to manually notify other contributors.
Making long comments is another concern, because the longer it is, the more your answer is likely to overlap, which makes it tricky.

It's awesome and it's FREE

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

The future of education is virtual. It will never take the place of in person learning, however creating a blended environment can be very beneficial. Google classroom's course management software allows users to provide any type of learning environment on any topic they choose. It has been very beneficial to use in the classroom as well as creating course programs for adults. Without having to pay the price tag of many other programs out there or having to give up desirable features, Google Classroom is the right choice for many projects.

Pros

The Google Classroom environment is customizable. Course creators can offer a variety of content from text, video, assignments, and more. There is also ways to customize the appearance for individual student users as well. You can create an interactive environment by encouraging students to post an comment in the classroom. Course management systems can be expensive and Google classroom is a high quality product offered for free.

Cons

Internet is required to access Google Classrooms. This can be a problem for students who do not have internet access at home. If you are not familiar with Google Classrooms or any other Google products there can be a steep learning curve when setting up your course. This can make it difficult for the facilitator who is learning the program while also having to teach students to navigate the program as well.

Amit G.

Great product for students and Teachers

Reviewed on 2020/04/26

Connecting students and teachers is really good start by such Google product. I can hope that over the time Google people will be gradually adding awesome features in this product and they should keep space for another players also in their echo system. I am overall happy with Google classroom

Pros

I love google classroom which connects students and teacher to learning. it is very user friendly and allows enables students to see assignments and upload documents and manage them according to assignments. It means students are now more empowered to complete their projects on time and teachers are able to see what students have accomplished so far thus making life relatively easy of teachers and students both. Google now have recently combined google meet and live-streaming feature also with this products which will definitely make this product unique and awesome.

Cons

The google classroom product's few functionalities are still seems incomplete hence it makes difficult to be fully dependent on this product. its Grading part, Stream part is yet not much powerful. Somewhere product lacks navigation which makes difficult to use.

Laura A.

Cheap, but very limited

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

I used it as a teacher with my middle school students. I don't see it working for preschool or elementary, unless you add the parents as students as well. Parents need to create a Google account to be able to access the information from the newsletter/summary they get. Students don't really get a grade book, but they can see grades for each assignment. Needs a lot of work still.

Pros

Very easy to use and figure out. Students have access to information you want them to get at a low cost.

Cons

Parents don't have access to monitoring other than receiving a weekly or monthly email that says any upcoming or pending assignments, but they don't have access to see anything other than the title of the assignment. Does not link to Turn it in. They are constantly working on improving the platform, but it still lacks a lot of work/improvements.

Great software for schools!

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Great experience!

Pros

It keeps all classwork in one place and it a great place to sort assignments and grades as needed within the class.

Cons

Wish that it could be integrated better with a wider variety of software solutions.

Gina G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Google Classroom is the Easiest Learning Platform ever!

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

As a teacher who taught technology even before distance-learning I'd have to say Google classroom is my favorite learning platform of all, and trust me I've use plenty of them. It's so simple, easy to access, easy to apply lessons, easy for students to create thing from scratch. I truly love Google classroom and it's simplicity but great capability.

Pros

I absolutely love everything about Google classroom. It's very simple to navigate around for both teachers and students. It's very simple to add assignments that you can quickly create in your Google drive. I'd have to say it's the best learning platform I've used with my students in the last 11 years.

Cons

I don't think there's any cons about Google classroom it's my favorite learning platform. I can only think about good things to say about it to be honest.

Jennifer P.

Excellent Resource!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

As a teacher I like how easy it is to organize my classroom and extend learning to students during all hours of the day.

Cons

It would be nice to have more flexibility to organize and arrange personal buttons and navigation.

Abigail D.

A Lifesaver for a Teacher

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

My overall experience with Google Classroom has been wonderful! Students love being able to use their computer/tablet at home for school. I love being able to meet with them through Google Meet. I also like posting videos, slides, and art work for them to view. I also love encouraging them to post things they want to share with the class, such as their own art work, or a picture of them playing. It's a great way to keep students connected during e-learning.

Pros

Google Classroom has been a lifesaver for me, as a new online teacher. This platform is where everything happens. It's where I post announcements, videos, and songs for kids to get excited about. I also meet with my kids via Google Meet. Having that Google Meet button on the Google Classroom page has been so convenient for my families.

Cons

It was hard for parents to sign up. When I created my Google Classroom page, I received a code to give to parents to sign their child up in my online classroom. That code never worked. Instead, I had to instruct the parents to sign in with their child's email address. That ended up working.

Hope A.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Best Organizational Tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/29

Pros

I’ve used this platform off and on for a couple years, but when my school district went remote, I began using it every day. Classroom has become the go-to place for my students. They find their attendance, assignments, notes, and videos all in one place. I can also send messages to my students as a whole and individually. My students can see their grades on Classroom as well. It is so easy to use. I would recommend this program to anyone that wants to make their life easier.

Cons

This program connects to a lot of online resources, but it would be great if it connected to more. It auto populated grades from some resources I use, but not with others.