Showing 93 reviews of 83

TutorBird

Tutor management solution for private teachers & centers

Showing 93 reviews of 83
Mildred C.

Loving the this new operating system

Reviewed on 2020/09/26

A breath of fresh air. It has made scheduling, invoicing so much easier. My staff loves that it is cell phone friendly. My manager can't stop raving how much she loves Tutor Bird more than what we had.

Pros

It was easy to learn. It is easy to use and very clear. I love that the parents and students and staff all have their own log-in. I like the simple way to create invoices and get paid. I really like that we were able to incorperate Zoom with this operating system. It really caters to an educational platform. So much better then the system I was previously using. I'm so happy I came across this company. I also truly like the customer service. I was going to go with another company before I found Tutor Bird but left them due to bad customer service. I was so pleased when I found Tutor Bird and their great customer service.
Also there are other really good features that I haven't even tapped into. I can't wait till I learn and use all of the functions of Tutor Bird.

Cons

That we have to use Zoom. Some of the other companies already had a white board type instructional base on their sites. Hopefully in the future Tutor Bird will develope a remote type classroom.

John C.

Great system overall!

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Pros

The calendar is so easy to use for all of our tutors and the reminder system is fantastic. Also, invoicing is extremely easy now.

Cons

The transition from our old system to Tutorbird was a little tedious, but the customer support made it a lot easier.

Grace J.

A great piece of software for the organised teacher!

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

I wanted something that could grow with me and this is exactly what TutorBird have provided. They are always on hand to help but there are so many hints and tips that you do not really need to get hold of them!

Pros

There are many reasons why I love TutorBird
- personable - can add your own logo / pricing etc
- easy to use almost all of the elements of the software
- The way in which invoicing can be automatic
- You can link it with your own website!

Cons

To be honest, there isn't much I don't like about it!

The only thing I would love to see them do is make it into an app so I can access it on the go!

Trevor K.

Fantastic Functionality and Fantastic Value!

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

I've had a great experience so far, and I look forward in the future to being able to take on larger client loads than I was able to manage in the past because I will be spending less time on admin and more time on actual teaching! :-)

Pros

I love that this software has specific customizations for tutoring business. It's clear that the developers of this software have worked as tutors themselves and know exactly what sort of information and features are important to tutors. The functionality is fairly flexible and can accommodate to many sorts of business models.

Cons

The software has a bit of a steep learning curve at first, but this is somewhat to be expected with any sort of registration and scheduling software. In addition, there are a few nuanced sorts of scheduling customization that I think would be nice to have implemented in a future deployment of the software, but these are mostly due to my particular desires more than they are due to any sort of flaw in TutorBird. For the vast majority of the things I do, TutorBird works very well and is fairly hands-off on my end, which is great.

Rozanne W.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Get your life back with Tutorbird!

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

My experience has been absolutely amazing. The team has been super fast at responding to any technical issues that I experienced, and the easy of use and value of money means that I keep on recommending it to others.

Pros

I love that this software is an all-in-one solution for my tutoring business. From individual pricing, managing pre-payments, automation of invoicing and reminders, online portal for parents and students... this software does it all. It sends out reminders to students and parents about lessons, and it has given me my life back!

Cons

I would like the option for upcoming appointments to be displayed in the monthly invoice.

Amanda S.

Has made things so much easier!

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Have always had excellent, personal, helpful and prompt responses to any queries.

Pros

Scheduling, automated invoicing, uploading documents, integrated website, financial reports, integrates with PayPal and Google Calendar.

I didn't have an existing system. I used spreadsheets, my own calendar and manually created PayPal invoices.

Cons

As I set lessons up for six months, you need to be mindful that any changes may inadvertently impact other lessons, especially if you set up recurring on multiple days.

Formatting the font on the website was a little tricky to get right.

Would be useful if lesson times on the invoice reflected time zone of students, but still allow payment in GBP.

My students are all Chinese, a translation service would be helpful to them.

Andrew S.

Just what I needed

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

TutorBird saved me admin time and my clients get a quality/professional experience in terms of payment system, lesson bookings and communications. I am happy with TutorBird and would recommend it for tutors.

Pros

Easy to add login button from my existing website to TutorBird. Good overview of revenue and expenses. Easy to send automated emails for invoices and lesson notes etc. Easy and quick to add payments received. Very customisable pricing options for individual students and tutors. Booking events in calendar is quick and easy to edit.

Cons

Took some time to get to know all the features. Initially I didn’t like emails etc being sent out from TutorBird rather than my own brand. However invoices are customisable and the TutorBird brand/name fits ok for my business.

Rochelle E.

Everything at my fingertips!!

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

I love using Tutorbird! It has really helped to streamline my administration and is easy to use - both for myself, tutors, parents & students

Pros

I love the fact that I have been able to get all of my management tools consolidated into one piece of software by using Tutorbird!

Cons

The only downside for me is that I couldn't integrate the accounting software I was already using - Xero

Rebecca K.

Awesome For Tutors

Reviewed on 2019/09/15

It works with my academic coaching business. I use it to keep track of my students, parents can log on and run reports.

Pros

It syncs with Paypal and you can get paid instantly. Also, it is very easy to get started and they will answer your questions instantly. I like how I can send parents notes right after the session. Also, user-friendly. Everything about it is awesome.

Cons

Being able to have different scheduling enrollment forms.

Kifi K.

Excellent

Love it.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use. That the online and app versions sync.

Cons

I wish I could edit a lesson in the calendar mode on my phone.

Vicki S.

Makes daily organisation a breeze!

Excellent t!

Pros

Used intensively daily and it’s an excellent way to organise my busy tuition Centre. Sessions are students are easily arranged and clear to see who is going where.

Cons

I’d like to be able to assign catch up sessions to every tutor instead of changing allocation every time I arrange a catch up session.

Darren S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

HELP U 2 DRIVE

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

This runs my whole business without the need for any other apps.

Pros

The huge range of features available - student records, Booking calendar, website, accounting, accepting payments, contacting. There are so many helpful items, pretty much everything i need to run my driving instruction business.

Cons

As I live in australia we use Day/month year as our calendar - On the daily agenda, It would be great to have , eg: Thursday 6th November 2020
The daily emailed agenda would also be great to only show the appointments I have booked for the day rather than all of my available appointments

James J.

How Tutor bird has has made me grow

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

It's the best software for managing a tutoring company be it online tutoring or physical sessions . It will fit your needs and more so your budget.

Pros

TutorBird has provided me with alot of benefits , just to list but not all:
1 ) with auto invoicing
2) auto payroll calculation
3 ) free website
4) easy user interface
5) affordability as compared to other software
6) Quick response ( thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN])
7) easy reminders

The best way to mage a tutoring company.

Cons

For now I don't have any complaints , I have been using its for more than half a year now.

Diane T.

TutorBird keeps me organized!

very good.

Pros

I love having attendance, student and family information, calendar, scheduling, invoicing, tracking expenses, and parent communication all in one place.

Cons

I'd love the ability to add to do lists, and calendar items that might not fit in the categories listed. I'd also love to be able to add attachments to emails from Tutorbird.

Treona T.

Treona Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pros

The reports and SMS text to parents is great because it saves times

Cons

I think that you should add an assessment system for students

Lizette V.

Best tool for any tutoring company hands-down!

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Pros

The features that are most useful are the calendar, website, Zoom integration, automation, notes, and countless templates. It's intuitive and extremely easy to use! I love that all of my tutors can see the calendar and we're all on the same page in case we need to substitute for one another. It really has been a game-changer for our growing company!

Cons

I would like to see the website have a capacity to be more aesthetically pleasing. There are several limitations including the inability for plug-ins to be used.

Stephanie T.

Best investment

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Tutorbird has been the best solution for my business. It tracks everything in one place, and makes my life so much easier as a busy entrepreneur. I highly recommend this program to anybody looking for an online scheduling, billing, and operations software.

Pros

I love the ease of this platform. The automatic invoicing, reminders, and payroll calculation is so helpful!

Cons

The only thing I'm confused about is whether or not I can use PayPal and stripe together. But I know that if I reach out to customer service they will get back to me very quickly.

Amanda G.

Relief for Business Startup

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

I'm very thankful I heard about TutorBird from fellow tutors on Facebook, and I love how it's tailored for my specific profession and includes lots of different features to help me keep track of progress, money and scheduling from month to month.

Pros

This software took some burdens off my shoulders, so to speak, by making my invoices for me with a link to pay online, organizing my expenses and revenue, and storing my client information.

Cons

Some of the options aren't extensive enough for scheduling and invoicing discrepancies. I'm not sure how to use the website features on my existing site yet either.

Aleksandra R.

So far, very happy with the platform

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Overall, my experience with TutorBird has so far been very positive! I was nervous about switching to a new platform, but so far it's been working for my business.

Pros

I love the fact that TutorBird is tailored to tutoring services! It understands that the invoice recipient can be the parent, but that the session should be booked for the child. I also love that it connects the invoicing directly with the scheduling, as this is something that was missing for me when I was using a different scheduling platform.

Cons

I wish the students would be able to book sessions themselves, directly from our website, as the scheduling aspect takes a bit of time.

Pam V.

Time saving scheduling and invoicing

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

It is very easy to set up my tutoring schedule for repeated weekly sessions. It is easy to cancel a session as well as to add extra sessions. Takes me a few seconds. Or even better, students can access my calendar to cancel or book their own. Also, the invoicing is very easy. Even though I've been using the product for a few years, I still feel joy at how easy and quick it is to invoice all my families. I like that I have been able to add my logo to the invoices and to customize the communication with my families. Also, I like that they send out birthday wishes!

Pros

The ease of sending out invoices. It used to take me ages but with this software I can do it in about a minute! I also love the ease of scheduling students. I love that I can send reminders by both email and text and my students and their parents love that too. I love that tutorbird helped me set up a website so students can cancel or book sessions easily.

Cons

After I create the invoices I have to click on each one to email it to my families. I wish I could just click a button to email all new invoices at once. I also wasn't thrilled that you changed the name of the company. Tutorbird just sounds odd to me. I liked myschoolbooks better.

Claire M.

Easy admin and financial tracking

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

A good experience, probably has more functions than I need or know about but it makes everything very very easy!

Pros

This is very user friendly, it’s easy to plan your calendar, send invoices, input mileage, link in expenses and payments

Cons

When you stop seeing a client it doesn’t take away their mileage and this is a royal pain in the bottom! Surely if the client ends and you Mark it this way their mileage should too?

Elizabeth E.

Techno phobe friendly

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Overall, the application is easy to use for scheduling and planning, payments and tracking, keeping clients informed and on track.
Love it.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility of the product. I love the fact that I can assign an administrator to select clients to send marketing info to, as this saves me the time and effort. As a techno phobe, anything that can be assigned to admin is a benefit.
Tracking of payments, lessons, notifications are all well structured to client and owner.

Cons

This is a tricky one to answer, as there isn't anything that I don't like, or even least like. It really suits me in every way.

Laura M.

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Tutor Bird has helped my new business tremendously. Before Tutor Bird I was using my email calendar and a notebook to track my appointments and payments. Each week I'm expanding my usage by creating email templates, experiment with the student portal and signing up for the free Paypal Pro. In the coming weeks I plan on integrating my website (once it is up and running) on to Tutor Bird as well. The fact that this is a Canadian company make me even happier!

Pros

What I love most about Tutor Bird is the organization of the platform. As a new user it was easy to input information about my student's, business expenses and teaching schedule.

Cons

For billing purposes, I would like to be able to separate invoices on family accounts. All the payments are amalgamated together in the family account. Sometimes I get confused as to which family member is up to date or not based on the balance on the account (especially when different rates for each student is applied). The option to lump the students/payments together or separate them on the Family Invoices section, would be helpful.