HungerRush

4,2
4,3
3,5
Scott A.

Using Revention POS puts an independent operator on the same playing field as the big chains.

Reviewed on 2018/03/17

The POS has saved me & made me money. Saving payroll with quick driver drawer balancing to having all th elittle upcharges programmed in. It really opened my eyes to the 'numbers' & numbers don't lie.

Pros

I researched POS systems for a few years before choosing Revention. I was very impressed with the marketing capabilities of the system, but as time went on & saw the possibilities of the system I realized I now had the tools to really run a business. The delivery module is more than I could expect, this alone has saved me time & money. I find it very easy to prgram menu items & coupons...The integration of online & mobile ordering platforms is incredible & let's my business run smoothly. I have always had good experiences with their 24/7 support staff & they go the extra mile to get any questions or issues I may have resolved.

Cons

You got to keep up with technology. Revention is always a step ahead of me & I am the one that never seems to be caught up with all the things this system can do.

Bob A.

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

In the restaurant industry you have to have a great POS system to operate efficiently. Revention works great, and the customer service is fantastic.

Pros

It is a great system. The ordering system is simple and efficient, the reports are thorough, it seems to be able to do everything I need it to do.

Cons

As the system gets older little glitches are starting to appear. I believe updating the system would help

Vicki K.

non-existent customer service

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

The techs that answer when you call the customer service are generally helpful, knowledgeable, and pleasant. They can immediately solve operator error problems or walk you through some troubleshooting. Otherwise, I feel I'm being bent over by a used car salesman every time I deal with the company.

Pros

When it is working, it is intuitive to use.

Cons

The system likes to crash.
Installation was a joke. The guy flew up from Houston to install. He was on his phone the entire time he was in our shop. Customization was minimal at that time. Reports were not set up. It took a few calls to customer service to finish the process. The mapping was never installed correctly so although I am paying for it monthly I have never been able to use it.
The credit card readers both started giving an "expired" message one day after the one year equipment warranty expired. Now I have no alternative than to buy new machines, but I can't get our account manager to return my calls or e-mails.
Work station number one failed completely on Wednesday. After going back and forth with customer service (again nobody answered in the sales department and our account rep has not returned my calls) I was told that a new station would ship on Thursday morning. Now it is Tuesday and after talking to customer service again (the only phone number that picks up) I've been told that the station is still in their warehouse waiting to ship. We missed out on thousands of dollars in revenue over this holiday weekend because we had to take all phone orders on the front workstation, where dine-in orders are input and customers pick up their orders. This meant very long hold times and angry customers. I'm now waiting again for a call-back from our account representative. It's been over an hour.

Jacob S.

Revention is the best

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

The systems capabilities and functionality. iPhone used to use a slogan like we have an app for that. Well Revention might as well use the slogan we have a function for that.We use revention daily and love it. We have added on to our system with new options a few time and opened a 2nd location. From sales to service these guys are great. The more I have worked with them over the last couple years the more I have found a partnership in growing the business. Not only do these guys set up the programs and install them they genuinely care about you and the success of the business. I am personally in contact with my salesman weekly and I can get a hold of my installers on their personal cell phones if I have a serious problem that can't be fixed by regular technicians. Their service is one of a kind. Not only do they strive to have all software capable of doing more than you could imagine, they are even willing to program software for you and your personalized concept. No one else on the market will do that. As long as my doors are open, revention will be on the counter.

Cons

Honestly, the only negative thing I can say is that the system is costly. It's an investment. Yet I haven't found a system that's anywhere close to the same price that can do what revention can do. When you are ready to take your operation to the next level take revention with you.

Mike B.

Revention is the end all be all of ease of use Mac like functionality for a restaurant

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

Pros

The online ordering and Enterprise functionality or top-notch, and since they also make the hardware along with the software I know that everything will connect and talk to each other seamlessly

Cons

In the past support was spotty, but from here on out it's been extremely diligent and respectable. I very much enjoy the product that helps my team get to where we need to be faster and easier.

Mark W.

Revention for a Chain Restaurant

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

My franchise demands we use Revention, but overall the experience has been very good.

Pros

Ease of navigation. Good suite of applications for the business side.

Cons

On line ordering server sometimes goes down at peak times.

Nuri E.
Industry: Restaurants

They promise a-lot but most basic things in the system doesn't work. They grow too quick too fast.

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

This system can be great, only if they can truly care about their customers. They care about you if you have at least 25 plus stores. The way they treat me: they really don't care about my business, I am too small for them.
They need to stop advertising false claims about their system.
They need to go back to their system and fix all the bugs before coming up with something new and don't let the new things run until you fix the problem 100%

Am I happy? Hell no. Can they make me happy? For sure they can but they are more focused on getting new customers.

If I already didn't have the Revention my POS would be Toast.

Pros

I have been using it for the last 8 years with 5 stores. At each store, we have about 4 stations with KDS.
I really want to continue using it because we already have it and we know how to use it.

Cons

SO many problems.
1-Their credit card machine doesn't work 50% of the time it would say CC expired, yet it does not. They have no solution to fix that. We even changed the credit card machine. (Big company as Hungerrush, how that can be right?
2-Their apple pay doesn't work
3-Their online ordering has so many issues. Many customers can't order due to their address won't show up.
It's also outdated.
4-No one in this company actually cares about the customer. It must be their culture. They only care about you until they make their sales with you.
5-Good luck if you have a serious problem with the system. Because their regular tech support can't fix those issues. You will need a call back from High tech. God knows how long that will take
6-They keep advertising they work with 3rd party delivery companies but yet I haven't found 1 that actually works with their system 100%. Example: Chowly orders were showing as Pick up instead of 3rd party delivery or Uber..etc (imagine this Friday night and u got 100 3rd party deliveries Pick up along with 100 regular customers to pick up. Disaster"
I spent 3 months with Revention to fix that issue and nothing. Why would you advertise that Revention work with Chowly/Ordermark when it really doesn't
7- Never trust their installer to make things right. Out of 5 Installations, I only got one good installer who truly cared about what he was doing.

Dharini D.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Small business DO NOT fall for this solution. it is a trap

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

our comment is awaiting moderation.
BIG Name…BUT NO Value. Small businesses …DO NOT fall for this system. It is a trap. Their sales team has NO value of customer after selling it. They make BIG commitments and claims failed to meet. They show you hungry howie as their customer BUT other large chain drop them because of their limitation of system, bugs in system and poor technology platform. Not sure how long even some of their customer will alst. After so many years they are in learning process. They show you savings in comparison but actual merchant fee will higher then you are paying. Their 50% online software module does not work. Their mobile app for reporting is just joke. you do not have a way to dive down and get details. first installation delay adn after installation it is almost three months they are not able to set up system the way you wanted even though they claim it is customizable. They will always look/ ask for money without even checking, for anythign you need even though it is part of your purchase package. i bought their system to save my time BUT for last three month i have to spend my own time to get issues resolved, show them bugs and limitations. Consult me if you have gone through similar or any other challenges after investing lot of money and time.

Pros

heard it is very old and proven software so bought it. easy to open for just taking orders. for everything else it is difficult and you have to wait for appointment of senior person

Cons

Online module is working at 50%. Old technology. sales team will sell you with all the rosy picture and then ask for extra for everything. Management team does not know that their product has bug, limitations and challenges. people who do not understand technology can fall for their trap. but people who understand technology will soon realize the limitations and challenges. their mobile app is only good to show sales per hour and total sale. No more utilization or feature. you can not get details. system heat up. gives error while closing, some items disappear suddenly, no cloud backup, for inventory module , you need to enter all info manually, you can not use it remotely and on and on....

Maddie A.

This POS is the best!

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

Very user-friendly, meaning training new employees is quick and easy. Programming new menu items, specials and coupons is a cinch! And if problems do arise, their 24/7 support is amazing and friendly.

Cons

So far we have not have any complains about this product! If we had to have one complaint it would be the price - that being said, it is definitely worth the investment!

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

It is ok

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Overall it works well for adding points but not so much user friendly.

Pros

What I liked most about this product is being able to find customers accounts and download the account history.

Cons

I don't like that it won't allow to combine multiple accounts. It also will not allow you to edit or remove info.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ann S.
Industry: Restaurants

Revention checks all the boxes and is about as user friendly as a POS system can get!

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Revention is extremely straightforward and easy on the eyes! We're able to easily customize and change our menu when needed, and after experiencing a few other POS systems, I realized how much I love the daily reports that Revention sends out (and allows you to customize!)

Pros

It's extremely easy to use! It's so easy to train new employees and they can truly "master" the system (or at least the basics of it) after only a few uses.

Cons

Our business is VERY delivery heavy, so I do wish that some of the delivery features could be improved upon. Even still, it does the job and allows us to manage 100+ deliveries in about a two or three hour window of time!

Response from Revention

Thank you for reviewing Revention! We truly appreciate the kind words as we strive to provide an outstanding product to our customers.

Roger P.
Industry: Restaurants

Revention is like a GPS for your business

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

My experience with Revention has been everything I had hoped for. The soft ware keeps track of prior orders so that if you have an issue with a transaction it is at your fingertips.

Pros

I like how it. Keeps track of the servers tickets and money due. Also the servers’ tickets automatically go to the correct kitchen without the problem of reading illegible handwriting. Also it keeps the delivery drivers organized. We have been in business since 1963 and I wish we had Revention sooner, it has been a tremendous boost.

Cons

There isn’t really anything I don’t like about Revention. I wish I was more knowledgeable because it has much more features that I haven’t used.

Response from Revention

Hi Roger,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are excited to see that Revention has helped your business grow!

Chris K.

Good software horrible company

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

Software is very user-friendly and easy to use. Very customizable as well. Took me about a day to learn how to use it and it's very easy to navigate.

Cons

The customer service is horrible. They raise the price by 30% in the middle of your contract without any warning or notice at all. If payment is not received within two days your current mapping system will no longer work. A mapping system that I've already paid for. They always do stuff like this. They know you need it so they just back you into a corner and say pay us or it won't work anymore. And then when you try to get a hold of management they never call you back. Horrible company.

Todd V.

Revention software user

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Overall it has not been too bad sometimes you get a tech that is not well informed and it takes longer to get an issue fixed but that is understandable.

Pros

It is easy to navigate from one area to another

Cons

The fact that when someone uses the web and they put to many characters in the suite/Apt box it transluncates the order and we have no information for where to deliver the food too. We can retrieve the information as long as another Web order don't come thru before we retrieve the information. This has been an issue for may years and has not been fixed yet is disappointing to say the least.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ben A.

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

I have had a great experience with this software. Their customer support 24/7 has been a great feature they offer that we take advantage of. Any problem you have they will address quickly and resolve the issue.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. Very easy to train new employees on this software. Easy to change things within the POS as well.

Cons

I like the software and really don't have anything I don't like about it. It's very easy to use. Very easy to train on.

Response from Revention

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Ben. We are glad that our customer service has been able to assist you no matter the time of day!

Joseph S.

Very good POS system

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

It has really helped my place of work easy to train employees to use the post system overall very satisfied

Pros

The speed of orders and the technical support team it is very good to print off my nightly paper work very easy system to learn

Cons

Some times credit card orders don't print sometimes u have to recalabrate the touch screen monitor but works great highly recommend

Response from Revention

Hi Joseph,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We at Revention love to hear such great things on how we are streamlining your operations.

If your credit card orders are causing an issue, please reach out to our 24/7/365 customer service!

Leandro S.
Industry: Restaurants

My experience has been outstanding. This is my first POS and I do not think that I will ever change.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Better flow in the kitchen and FOH

Pros

It is very user friendly easy to navigate and make changes. Every screen is easy to understand and to the point in what you are trying to accomplish when making a change.

Cons

It does not have an option to give quotes to catering.

Don B.

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Great software fir the money. Very easy to use and track inventory.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and understand. The software holds so much information that we can go back to last year and compare numbers. Also the software hold customer information which makes it easier to complete orders.

Cons

I have no negative response for this software

Tony T.
Industry: Restaurants

Switching to Revention is one of the best things I have done for my business.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Everything that I explained in the Cons. It is a great product that is truly customizable. I really love it.

Pros

Ease of use, reports,customer service, tech support and marketing. We are a high volume operation and it more than handles all of our needs. Could not be happier with my choice. I highly recommend it.

Cons

I have nothing to say here, I am very happy with the product.

Mehgee S.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Restaurant POS with a Support Team that tries.

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

The company I manage for has been using Revention for many years. The software is easy to use and you can always call their support line if you're ever in a jam. Unfortunately, they tend to put you on hold for long periods of time. This is not ideal when you're in the middle of a dinner rush and your POS crashes. However, their support team always tries their best to get your issues solved.

Pros

Cons

Extended time on hold on the phone.

Joseph W.

There Representatives was very informative during the whole hunger rush demo. They took time to answer all questions.

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Very fast for staff to take orders.

Pros

We like how it is integrated in our Revention system. I love how easy it is for customers to place orders quickly.

Cons

The payroll features. It is hard to tell when the employee is actually getting paid for breaks and when they are not.

Victor M.

Excellent team of people, probably the best in the industry.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

Everything in one place and their ability to do custom development with them is absolutely refreshing.

Cons

Love the software, can't find any cons with the software, the only thing that I would love to see more integration with merchant services with EMV capability.

Brian T.

Revention has been fantastic for our bar,

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

Revention is super easy to use and train new employees on. Speed is never an issue with this POS. We have a large inventory but Revention makes it very easy to simplify, organize and adjust.

Nathan K.
Industry: Entertainment

Worst POS Software you can use.

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

It did Function barely for the time that we used it.

Pros

The software can work okay if your willing to spend a lot of time figuring it out. However it is probably the worst POS software I have ever used.

Cons

The software is buggy and not dependable.
The software is extremely expensive and for old out of date hardware, and dated software.
The customer service is terrible and rude.
They have hidden rules, for example. If you dont upgrade your software often enough they will make you completly rebuy the POS system in order to upgrade.

Response from Revention

Revention POS solution has been completely revamped for optimal use and is cost effective. Please considering us again.

Sara H.

Revention review

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

People are not ordering because the prices are too high and they cant figure out or find the menu online.

Pros

It's faster. It prints a ticket. The ticket prints to where you can see eveythiglng. You dont have to find the ticket

Cons

It is more confusing. I dont like it. The prices are too high. We cant do coupons ourself. I flat out dont like the whole system

Response from Revention

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your honest review from your perspective. From what it seems like, many of these issues are in the hands of your managers, related to the high pricing and authorizing coupon issuing.