Illumine

4,4 (86)
Childcare app for digital management & parent communication.

Ishita R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I virtually see my son learn and grow

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

After whatsapp if there is any other app I use daily, its Illumine. Its like a necessity for me as a parent of a 3 year old.

Pros

It has everything I could ask for. I am a working mom and I always felt anxious and guilty for not being there for my boy or not be involved or informed enough. Its like Illumine has crept into a parents mind and collected all the needs and built this app. I can see what activities my toddler son is doing, i get the notifications, I know when he ate, what he ate, when he slept at all times. I immediately get to know if he got hurt or had a quarrel. The UI is pretty good (Sorry for the PM in me speaking). I can drop notes to the teacher. I can very well communicate with the school admin and have all record of conversations. I see the reminders at all times. I see the lovely pictures of my boy with all his friends and it fills my heart with joy.

Cons

One tiny thing could be that if a school does not use a specific feature, may be that can be hidden so the parents don't see it. Although my son's school uses almost all features, they don't have the live streaming thing. So may be if that feature can be completely hidden.

Selina L.

Using Illumine in pre-school on a daily basis

Reviewed on 2020/08/03

Other than upgrading our kindergarten's standards by embracing technology and going paperless, Illumine has effectively smoothed our internal management as well as improved our organisation's system. Parents are also satisfied, if not impressed with the app and how we make use of it. This app will definitely be a bonus and an additional reason for parents to send their kids to our pre-school and child care.

Pros

The features available are perfectly catered for the needs of pre-schools as well as parents. It is really user-friendly, be it for the admins, teachers or parents. Even the more elderly teachers that are not familiar with the latest technology can use the application with ease!

Cons

There were some minor glitches or crashes in the app, but after notifying the support team, the problems were solved promptly!

Google Classroom

Reasons for Choosing Illumine

Kubikt was more focused on finance and operation management, and it was difficult to get a grasp of how to make full use of it as it was too complicated for our admins even after attending a full-day training. Although in terms of price, Kubikt was far less pricey than Illumine, it did not have the features that would potentially bettered our pre-school.

Reasons for Switching to Illumine

Initially we were just looking for a platform to conduct online learning during the covid-19 outbreak, and we stumbled upon Illumine and the platforms mentioned above. I was impressed with the excellent customer service that I received, hence I decided to start the trial. We explored the other features offered in the app and thought it would be nice to take this opportunity and stand out from the other pre-schools in my country.
Jason B.

Life saver for online learning platform business

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

We are solving the problems mentioned above, re: excessive overhead / time spent doing what should be built-for already on the backend in running an online education platform.

Pros

1 year ago, before we implemented Illumine, I as the CEO and my former Head of Marketing had to handle tons of customer support tickets ourselves; and then, we had to hire 2 then a 3rd Support rep at $3000/month nearly in the Philippines. Just for something we knew was resulting from customers struggling to get into their Zoom class each day. Customers left because they were tired of the technical difficulties and annoyance of having to ask Support for things daily. Illumine was an all-in-one automated, streamlined, simplified answer to all that.

Cons

The fact that it does NOT replace the need for Google Sheets, Stripe, and my CRM completely. I think if it enabled us to fully market, sell, manage classrooms / customer relations, and handle billing all in-house, that could be very valuable. But you can't necessarily expect too much from any 1 SaaS tool either...

Geraldine V.

A review to be informed and developed better

Reviewed on 2021/12/15

Good. Because we are still using it until now. Review may help to increase and develop better. but overall, its a user friendly app i may say.

Pros

1.On Admin side, filing is made faster and easier. I can say that it helps ease the Admin records for the school.
2.Fees / Invoices is good. it is done fast once made its in the email of parents
3. Child's Profile - usually parent's log their child to school but most of the students we have are under supervisions or guarded by Grandparents and Uncles and Aunts. this doesnt have the content on the information profile.
4. when parent's upload files, these must go directly to the child's profile or file once teacher opened the file for easy tracking.
5. I didn't see any certification format like the invoice made.

Cons

1. on messaging, you cannot delete or rephrase the message. and you cannot even copy or paste the same line. its so limited.
2. the attendance dates, when you need to suddenly have to check out the child's attendance . there should be a late in or red mark so when you check the overall attendance you can summarize it fast.

Charlene B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Illumine feedback

Reviewed on 2021/12/15

Pros

Its a great way to communicate with parents.

Cons

Cant really give an honest answer as I havent explored all the features myself

Diptesh R.

Good School Management App

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

Good

Pros

Ease of use and compatibility of two-way communications

Cons

Invoice rectifications, payment gateway option

Kothai S.

Reviewed on 2021/03/29

Pros

The feature to look at the class schedule and communicate with the instructor.

Cons

Meeting invite link. Often had issues in locating the meeting link to join the class.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

One stop shop for managing your kid’s journey in the school

Reviewed on 2021/12/01

Provides great control and functionality to parents saving us a lot of admin time

Pros

Actuvity and attendance tracker, transportation etc

Cons

Some of the features can be improved in terms of user exp

Rehana B.

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

Pros

Daily updates by school and tracking child's assignments

Cons

Easy navigation is not provided in android app. Not much user friendly

Rahul C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A productive institutional tool that shall be implemented by Institutions to improve standards

Reviewed on 2022/01/07

Pros

The Check- in/ Check- out feature updated timely as and when the toddlers check- in and check- out of the Nursery, and the updates (in 7- 10 days) on the Activities' corner by the teacher

Cons

The Payment/ Invoicing feature was withdrawn by the Nursery for some unknown reason. It was a very convenient feature for fee payments by the parents.

Juhi A.

A good software for childcares

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

A lot of paper is saved. Also a lot of followups on emails, SMS are saved by using this product. The experience has been great and their support team at times has gone out of their way to help. Overall the experience has been great.

Pros

I like their billing system as I used to lose a lot of paper invoices before. It used to taxation issues at the end of the year. All the receipts are now available in my mail as well as in the app. The live streaming/CCTV feature is great as it lets me see my kid once in a while when I am at work. Also, I can share medical and food notes in the app and I don't have to follow up with the teachers to see if they have completed it or not. Also since I do not use other social media that much I used to miss out event photos previously which I am now able to see in their app.

Cons

There is no option to mark a photo as favourite. Since the school shares many photos I hope they give an option to mark a photo or a video as a favourite.

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for your review. We got your review today and coincidentally we released the favorite feature too!! Once you receive the update you will be able to use this feature

Gaurav P.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Illumine - easy and intuitive

Reviewed on 2020/10/30

I use illumine at my children's school to check their daily activities and meal reports . It is quite fast and intuitive . It lets me checkin or checkout my child with the help of simple QR code scan They use it for car pool on an iPad and it helps me track the car movement as well. The school moved from a pen and paper set up which was much slower due to flipping through the clipboard to find your kids and signing for each of them. It lets me add medical and food notes as well. Such a relief when teacher marks such notes completed with a picture. Plus, if it was raining the papers were a mess. The school has the iPads at the reception that still allows for signature with the touch screen.

Pros

Illumine helps make the connection between home and the preschool setting stronger. It allows teachers and parents to communicate important information to each other. It allows for photos to be shared with the families, so that they can see the learning taking place in the classroom. It allows me to keep track of the development that my child is going through, in a very structured, easy to understand format. I like this software a lot

Cons

I really do not have any cons for Illumine. My experience has been very positive and I like the product and their user interface . I am being 100% honest when i say that I have never had to contact customer support so I can not speak to that, but I do know that the implementation of the solution was pretty simple .

Jeni B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Very useful especially during the pandemic!

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

If you're looking for a child care management platform for your school, I would absolutely recommend Illumine because it's very user-friendly, very straightforward, all you'll need for your school is all in one place. As a parent, I wouldn't have to switch from one software to another and read endless emails from teachers just for school updates. All the information I need about my child's performance is accessible at my disposal, without checking different things from different platforms.

Pros

My kid's school used this, and the whole experience to communicate with her teachers and receiving daily reports about my child would not have been much more straightforward. During the pandemic, extra updates such as online learning and activity sharing with learners are handy, and she felt connected to her teachers even though she is away from school. They have various tools, such as notifications, assessments, fee collection, Lead CRM, etc., all in one place. Still, I hope her school would use all the functionalities as I know it would be so much more helpful for teachers and students.

Cons

As of now, the experience is pretty pleasant, and if there are
any problems, the team will be quick to resolve it for us.

Kanderp G.
  • Industry: Human Resources

All-inclusive Child Care Center Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

So far I love everything about Illumine! They are quick to sort out any issues if we rarely have them. Time and again they surprise us with new features.

Pros

There are more things than I can list about why I like Illumine as a parent. I love being able to check in on my kid any time during the day with there Live streaming feature. My kid's school uploads pictures in afternoon and I eagerly wait for it during my lunch time. It helps them feel a part of my kid's day at daycare . Apart from parent communication, I like how bills are always available in my email and also sending food and medicine notes to the class teachers.! Recently they created a video of my kid's journey in the school and all the family members were absolutely delighted with the video.

Cons

The cons that have come up are very few and mostly relate to the internet services which automatically gets sorted.

Amruta S.

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Over all experience is too good.
Full illumine team is very good and great at their work. Knowledgeable and always ready to help and solve our query.

Pros

Its a very user friendly app. It was very easy to start using it.
The app has features that are easy to use and due to the app the daily operations and updates have become very fast and tip of the finger.
The adding of schedule and events is the best feature i like.
We have also started using CRM which becomes very easy for us to track the new enquiry.

Cons

Few features i have to add for all the centres by selecting different centres. It should have been like we add things and it has an option of having it for all centres.
For example when we add events. We have to add for all the three centres . It should at a click "add this event for all centres" You click on "YES"

Roopa M.

Using for KinderGarden

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Its a good experience can be little more improved ,Good job team :)

Pros

Update,Activities,Consult tab for raising concerns,leaves & teachers notes ,Calendar events to check for upcoming events/announcements.
Photos to keep checking my kids photos they keep posing in parents absence it will add an excitement as a parent

Cons

Till creche has to get implement or use of many features like fee payments,live streaming and so on .
This will add a wonderful experience hassle free tasks

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for taking your time out and reviewing us ma'am. We support payments, live streaming and bus tracking, etc. But your school hasn't enabled these features on our app. We will reach out to your school to share this feedback and also request you to do the same :)

Tasneem S.

Best Childcare Management App

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

User friendly , Consist of all features which preschool would want to make their daily operations easier.

Cons

The application contains all features which I was looking for for my preschool.

Tirth raj B.

Illumine works for my school

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

We have replaces our school diary with illumine. It is easy to use, saves a lot of time for our teachers and the onboarding is very simple. The best thing about Illumine is their after-sales service and we have received solutions for all the queries/bugs almost immediately.

Cons

The CCTV live streaming and the bus tracking service needs a few enhancements.

Naga ravi prasad V.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Illumine is overall good product but it needs some improvements

Reviewed on 2020/03/22

Overall, with the age of app, it is performing good. But still needs some improvements.

Pros

1. We can closely watch kids activities on timely basis.
2. We can watch photos of events and activities in school
3. We can update our photos at home and download school photos
4. Communicate with teachers and care takers about his deeds and chores

Cons

1. It is not possible to download all the photos at once
2. We need live monitoring feature by linking webcams with illumine app
3. Customer care needs to be very prompt in answering queries

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Real-time notifications are a godsend!

Reviewed on 2020/12/30

Peace of mind

Illumine is a Godsend! There are so many features to love and I don't know where to start! Firstly, you can create and send invoices to parents and manage all the billing transactions as well.

Pros

I can update the parents on their little one’s mealtimes, naps, diaper changes, and bathroom visits.

The end of the day reports can make parents anxious because they are unable to communicate with the daycare center through the day, but illumine allows us to constantly keep them notified.

We can send the reports to parents and receive their signatures without any hassle.

Cons

None for now, there are no negatives as of now present in this app

Avinash S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The ease of use and overall build and design

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Overall is is great , good initiative to consolidate all of the schol information at one place. In short this is like an ERP system for schools.

Pros

Its a single mode of communication between the parents and the school. As a parent i know what are the assignments , Attendance and other announcements. The important part is the fees details , Pickup and drop details provide more safety to the kids. One feedback that i may have is if we can group the photos of ones kid at one place will be better...now school post 100 of photos and i need to drill down to find out which one are for my son...rest is great abt this app

Cons

what i feel missing is if the school cameras can be integrated with this app then this will be one stop shop. My son school provide camera feature to check the live streaming of kids playground and cafeteria

Falak Z.

A teacher's guide

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Good

Pros

The best feature is that it allows to choose different options while posting pictures for kids. Easy to check updates and backdated information.

Cons

No option of selecting multiple parents to message. Have to individually select which is time consuming.

Fahad T.

value for money and relief for parents

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

Made my life easier as Parent”
Overall: As a parent of a twin illumine has made me a less anxious parent. In the early days, I used their live streaming feature the most. But slowly I transitioned and started relying a lot on daily updates. I like the fact that the school is also proactive in sending the nap and food updates

Pros

Previously the school provided an app each for bus tracking, live streaming, and communication. Now they do everything through illumine. It has made my life as a parent much easier .

Cons

I wish I don’t have to scroll through 100 pictures to find a picture of my child. As I understand technology I know it is difficult to build face recognition but they can at least give an option to mark pictures and updates as favorite for future filtering.

Puja D.

Great Customer Service and Ease of Usage

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Illumine team is very proactive in solving our issues at all hours. The app is very easy to use and has many features that will make life simple for both customers and school management

Pros

About the software - lots of features, easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with timely updates but they are taken up by team immediately

Response from Illumine Labs

Thanks, a lot for such a positive review. We really enjoy working with your team.

Ankur P.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great product but can improve on live interactivity

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Wonderful so far and expecting a long journey together

Pros

Great product, user friendly and has got the features easy for non IT population to easily use

Cons

It can possibly do something more on the live interaction feature adding; at the moment as I know it’s all about posting content but no live interactions are there