Illumine

Child care management software & parent communication app

4,4
4,5
4,3
4,4
4,6
Ishita R.
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I virtually see my son learn and grow

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

After whatsapp if there is any other app I use daily, its Illumine. Its like a necessity for me as a parent of a 3 year old.

Pros

It has everything I could ask for. I am a working mom and I always felt anxious and guilty for not being there for my boy or not be involved or informed enough. Its like Illumine has crept into a parents mind and collected all the needs and built this app. I can see what activities my toddler son is doing, i get the notifications, I know when he ate, what he ate, when he slept at all times. I immediately get to know if he got hurt or had a quarrel. The UI is pretty good (Sorry for the PM in me speaking). I can drop notes to the teacher. I can very well communicate with the school admin and have all record of conversations. I see the reminders at all times. I see the lovely pictures of my boy with all his friends and it fills my heart with joy.

Cons

One tiny thing could be that if a school does not use a specific feature, may be that can be hidden so the parents don't see it. Although my son's school uses almost all features, they don't have the live streaming thing. So may be if that feature can be completely hidden.

Selina L.
Industry: Education Management

Using Illumine in pre-school on a daily basis

Reviewed on 2020/08/03

Other than upgrading our kindergarten's standards by embracing technology and going paperless, Illumine has effectively smoothed our internal management as well as improved our organisation's system. Parents are also satisfied, if not impressed with the app and how we make use of it. This app will definitely be a bonus and an additional reason for parents to send their kids to our pre-school and child care.

Pros

The features available are perfectly catered for the needs of pre-schools as well as parents. It is really user-friendly, be it for the admins, teachers or parents. Even the more elderly teachers that are not familiar with the latest technology can use the application with ease!

Cons

There were some minor glitches or crashes in the app, but after notifying the support team, the problems were solved promptly!

Gaurav P.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Illumine - easy and intuitive

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/10/30

I use illumine at my children's school to check their daily activities and meal reports . It is quite fast and intuitive . It lets me checkin or checkout my child with the help of simple QR code scan They use it for car pool on an iPad and it helps me track the car movement as well. The school moved from a pen and paper set up which was much slower due to flipping through the clipboard to find your kids and signing for each of them. It lets me add medical and food notes as well. Such a relief when teacher marks such notes completed with a picture. Plus, if it was raining the papers were a mess. The school has the iPads at the reception that still allows for signature with the touch screen.

Pros

Illumine helps make the connection between home and the preschool setting stronger. It allows teachers and parents to communicate important information to each other. It allows for photos to be shared with the families, so that they can see the learning taking place in the classroom. It allows me to keep track of the development that my child is going through, in a very structured, easy to understand format. I like this software a lot

Cons

I really do not have any cons for Illumine. My experience has been very positive and I like the product and their user interface . I am being 100% honest when i say that I have never had to contact customer support so I can not speak to that, but I do know that the implementation of the solution was pretty simple .

Bharath A.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Need improvement in the UI navigation

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

It was a pleasant experience

Pros

The facility to upload pictures and videos

Cons

When I want to see a particular day's dairy, all the dairy details will come up.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Jeni B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very useful especially during the pandemic!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/10/28

If you're looking for a child care management platform for your school, I would absolutely recommend Illumine because it's very user-friendly, very straightforward, all you'll need for your school is all in one place. As a parent, I wouldn't have to switch from one software to another and read endless emails from teachers just for school updates. All the information I need about my child's performance is accessible at my disposal, without checking different things from different platforms.

Pros

My kid's school used this, and the whole experience to communicate with her teachers and receiving daily reports about my child would not have been much more straightforward. During the pandemic, extra updates such as online learning and activity sharing with learners are handy, and she felt connected to her teachers even though she is away from school. They have various tools, such as notifications, assessments, fee collection, Lead CRM, etc., all in one place. Still, I hope her school would use all the functionalities as I know it would be so much more helpful for teachers and students.

Cons

As of now, the experience is pretty pleasant, and if there are
any problems, the team will be quick to resolve it for us.

Roopa M.

Using for KinderGarden

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Its a good experience can be little more improved ,Good job team :)

Pros

Update,Activities,Consult tab for raising concerns,leaves & teachers notes ,Calendar events to check for upcoming events/announcements.
Photos to keep checking my kids photos they keep posing in parents absence it will add an excitement as a parent

Cons

Till creche has to get implement or use of many features like fee payments,live streaming and so on .
This will add a wonderful experience hassle free tasks

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for taking your time out and reviewing us ma'am. We support payments, live streaming and bus tracking, etc. But your school hasn't enabled these features on our app. We will reach out to your school to share this feedback and also request you to do the same :)

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ankur P.
Industry: Banking
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great product but can improve on live interactivity

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Wonderful so far and expecting a long journey together

Pros

Great product, user friendly and has got the features easy for non IT population to easily use

Cons

It can possibly do something more on the live interaction feature adding; at the moment as I know it’s all about posting content but no live interactions are there

Saurabh G.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

User friendly application, has got basics covered

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Pros

Ease of Use.
Quite intuitive.
All the basic features - submitting homework, attendance etc. are covered.

Cons

Integration with calendar (Outlook, Google Calendar) missing.
Notifications for meetings would be a big plus
I shall be able to categorize meetings (Regular class vs PTM vs Virtual visits)

Rashvirr H.
Industry: E-Learning

My experience with Illumine app

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

My overall experience with Illumine has been excellent as per the reasons given in the Pros section like ease of use and all necessary features in one package

Pros

I have loved the Illumine app ever since I started using it as it is very user friendly. My work has become so much simpler and less time consuming as it has all the necessary features in one package like student attendance, sharing documents, lessons and assignments, sharing photographs and videos, posting announcements and reminders and scheduling meetings.

Cons

No concerns as such except that sometimes I have to download the picture and open with software like Paint to convert to JPEG.

Megha T.

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

Pros

Not a very user friendly interface...cannot see pending taks in one click in the mobile app. Should be able to send email from the app. More filtering/search options required.

Cons

Ok so far.

Juhi A.
Industry: Computer Software

A good software for childcares

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

A lot of paper is saved. Also a lot of followups on emails, SMS are saved by using this product. The experience has been great and their support team at times has gone out of their way to help. Overall the experience has been great.

Pros

I like their billing system as I used to lose a lot of paper invoices before. It used to taxation issues at the end of the year. All the receipts are now available in my mail as well as in the app. The live streaming/CCTV feature is great as it lets me see my kid once in a while when I am at work. Also, I can share medical and food notes in the app and I don't have to follow up with the teachers to see if they have completed it or not. Also since I do not use other social media that much I used to miss out event photos previously which I am now able to see in their app.

Cons

There is no option to mark a photo as favourite. Since the school shares many photos I hope they give an option to mark a photo or a video as a favourite.

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for your review. We got your review today and coincidentally we released the favorite feature too!! Once you receive the update you will be able to use this feature

Kanderp G.
Industry: Human Resources

All-inclusive Child Care Center Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

So far I love everything about Illumine! They are quick to sort out any issues if we rarely have them. Time and again they surprise us with new features.

Pros

There are more things than I can list about why I like Illumine as a parent. I love being able to check in on my kid any time during the day with there Live streaming feature. My kid's school uploads pictures in afternoon and I eagerly wait for it during my lunch time. It helps them feel a part of my kid's day at daycare . Apart from parent communication, I like how bills are always available in my email and also sending food and medicine notes to the class teachers.! Recently they created a video of my kid's journey in the school and all the family members were absolutely delighted with the video.

Cons

The cons that have come up are very few and mostly relate to the internet services which automatically gets sorted.

Amruta S.

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Over all experience is too good.
Full illumine team is very good and great at their work. Knowledgeable and always ready to help and solve our query.

Pros

Its a very user friendly app. It was very easy to start using it.
The app has features that are easy to use and due to the app the daily operations and updates have become very fast and tip of the finger.
The adding of schedule and events is the best feature i like.
We have also started using CRM which becomes very easy for us to track the new enquiry.

Cons

Few features i have to add for all the centres by selecting different centres. It should have been like we add things and it has an option of having it for all centres.
For example when we add events. We have to add for all the three centres . It should at a click "add this event for all centres" You click on "YES"

Tasneem S.

Best Childcare Management App

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

User friendly , Consist of all features which preschool would want to make their daily operations easier.

Cons

The application contains all features which I was looking for for my preschool.

Tirth raj B.
Industry: Education Management

Illumine works for my school

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

We have replaces our school diary with illumine. It is easy to use, saves a lot of time for our teachers and the onboarding is very simple. The best thing about Illumine is their after-sales service and we have received solutions for all the queries/bugs almost immediately.

Cons

The CCTV live streaming and the bus tracking service needs a few enhancements.

Naga ravi prasad V.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Illumine is overall good product but it needs some improvements

Reviewed on 2020/03/22

Overall, with the age of app, it is performing good. But still needs some improvements.

Pros

1. We can closely watch kids activities on timely basis.
2. We can watch photos of events and activities in school
3. We can update our photos at home and download school photos
4. Communicate with teachers and care takers about his deeds and chores

Cons

1. It is not possible to download all the photos at once
2. We need live monitoring feature by linking webcams with illumine app
3. Customer care needs to be very prompt in answering queries

Diptesh R.

School App Communication

Reviewed on 2020/03/21

Very satisfying.

Pros

Excellent App to keep parents updated, realtime of every happening in school right from academic progress, nap, food, potty, kudos, incident, medicine, etc., etc. One stop solution for parents to raise queries, apply leaves, check events & holidays, communicate anything to school.

Cons

Product should be a bit more economically priced.

Fahad T.
Industry: Computer Software

value for money and relief for parents

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

Made my life easier as Parent”
Overall: As a parent of a twin illumine has made me a less anxious parent. In the early days, I used their live streaming feature the most. But slowly I transitioned and started relying a lot on daily updates. I like the fact that the school is also proactive in sending the nap and food updates

Pros

Previously the school provided an app each for bus tracking, live streaming, and communication. Now they do everything through illumine. It has made my life as a parent much easier .

Cons

I wish I don’t have to scroll through 100 pictures to find a picture of my child. As I understand technology I know it is difficult to build face recognition but they can at least give an option to mark pictures and updates as favorite for future filtering.

Puja D.

Great Customer Service and Ease of Usage

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Illumine team is very proactive in solving our issues at all hours. The app is very easy to use and has many features that will make life simple for both customers and school management

Pros

About the software - lots of features, easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with timely updates but they are taken up by team immediately

Response from Illumine Labs

Thanks, a lot for such a positive review. We really enjoy working with your team.

Nikhil S.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Illumine is great and long way to go!

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

Illumine replaced the handwritten diary notes from my child’s school. I was assured by the school that I will get continuous updates. I was not disappointed. I am able to check the food menu every day and accordingly decide whether to send the meal or not. Previously I had to followup with the teachers about the medicine notes for my child. Now I simply have to log on and log a medicine note.

Pros

I simply love their medicine and concern section in the app. It saves lot of effort on both on my side and the teacher side.

Cons

They can improve their push notifications. At times it comes with a delay. I have raised it to them and they have said they are working on it

Vikram M.
Industry: Retail

Camera views

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

Pros

The updates that we get regularly with pictures and information on activities is a positive

Cons

The camera views require me to individually select the view which takes time, it would be beneficial to have all camera views available or have an option for the parent to choose the camera views they'd like or use more often and have a single button to be able to see all the views in it

Response from Illumine Labs

Hello Vikram ,
Even we felt that our CCTV feature was lacking a punch and wasn't up to the mark. So we set our minions to work and revamped the whole suite. Please upgrade to the latest version to see the CCTV in exact way you described in the review

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Satish T.

Great solution for pre-schools

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Very pleased with the partnership.

Pros

Constant innovation resulting in feature upgrades.
Intuitive to use.
Amazing support.

Cons

None at all. Any bug identified is immediately fixed.

Logan H.
Industry: Law Practice
Company size: Self Employed

Great for Schools

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

Pros

My child’s teachers use this app to keep us up to date about what he is eating and learning in class. It then allows us to follow up on the lessons from home.

Cons

I wish there was an option to respond to the posts or comment on the photos.

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for taking your time out and reviewing us Mr Logan. We have an option to enable comments for photos but it is activated based on the school's discretion. We will reach out to your school with the feedback and hope they allow us to enable this feature.
Also in the next release we are introducing the concept of marking your photos as 'favorite' for easy filtering )

Jaya madhuri J.

CHILD AT MY TIPS

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Pros

This app is very easy to access and know my kid daily activities so that I can work comfortably

Cons

No, Everything is fine as now which I feel

Marieta V.

Easy to use app

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

We are very happy with the support team for every time fast reply.

Pros

It is very easy to use from parents and teachers. Easy to upload many photos and videos, fast connection with the parents - messages, observations, reminders, etc. Thankful for improvements that they do designed for us.

Cons

bugs occurs sometimes especially with notification correlation.