Showing 36 reviews of 26

Selwyn M.
  • Industry: Online Media

Ecamm Live highly recommended for live streaming on Mac

Reviewed on 2020/06/14

We are able to develop our company's live streaming experience in a more professional and branded way, thanks to Ecamm Live. We feel supported by Ecamm's developers and also by what has become a thriving and interactive Ecamm Live community.

Pros

The ease of setting up Ecamm live was impressive. It intuitively connects to cameras and audio feeds. It is simple to create overlays and scenes that ensure your live streams are professional and speak to your brand.

Cons

There was an issue with having Skype and Zoom connect to Ecamm Live's virtual camera. Although, this issue was with Skype and Zoom rather than Ecamm's platform. This however has been fixed by both Skype and Zoom in their latest upgrades.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you so much for this thorough review, Selwyn. So glad to hear that Ecamm Live is working well for you!

John G.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Too many crashes. Poor customer service.

Reviewed on 2020/12/19

Frustrating how the live broadcast freezes or stops randomly.

Pros

Great software when it works. Last night my broadcast crashed over a dozens times.
My biggest complaint however is the customer service and zero loyalty for supporting eCamm. With better communication I expect my problems could be resolved.

Cons

Why does recording only function stop recording intermittently when my guests are still talking to me and everything looks and sounds good. Same happens when going live which is why we’ve stopped using eCamm to go live.

Anthony P.
  • Industry: Media Production

Stonelick Productions Ecamm Review

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Great !! 4K streaming !! Very happy coming from zoom

Pros

Enables 4K steaming which from research is a competitive advantage. NDI System. Green screen integration, overlays, new interview element, recording & streaming simultaneously

Cons

The windows could all be in its own window rather than scattered, I may just need to know the feature, I’d also like more of a relationship with the account management team for potential cross promotion opportunities and marketing. So I could learn more, & network !

Darryl L.
  • Industry: Photography

Must Have for Live Streaming on an IMac

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

I truly love this product. Window users have know idea what they are missing.

Pros

Easy of use and very intuitive. Perfect for live streaming on Facebook and YouTube. Great tutorial on YouTube. The subscription price is very reasonable.

Cons

I haven't found any Cons on this software it's exactly what I was look for.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thanks so much for the review, Darryl! We really appreciate it. Always glad to hear that Ecamm Live is making a difference.

David and kylie K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Practically a necessity in this time of COVID

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

We have been able to improve not only our FBLive events, but also our Zoom chat appearances. SO GOOD!

Pros

Ecamm Live allows us to produce a high-quality video production. Also, a fantastic, giving community on FB that helps you do all that you want to do.

Cons

Right now, it is missing an easy "guest" integration. However, I understand they are working on a built-in system and there are a couple of decent workarounds.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thanks so much for the recommendation, David and Kylie. We are definitely working hard on a guest feature. Glad to hear the app is working well for you. Thanks again!

Vincent R.

Additions

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Great.

Pros

User friendly and had no issues with getting it on Mac

Cons

No preview screen
Lower third and logo can’t be one solid file to bring on live. Should be able to create a lower third, create the type of role in, them lock them as one single file to play.(maybe put them in an entire folder and play entire folder)

Response from Ecamm Network

Thanks so much, Vincent. We really appreciate the review. - Katie

Mark T.

Best Bang for Your Livestream Buck

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

Ecamm Live has allowed us to serve our congregation with a beautiful and reliable weekly live stream of our worship service for a fraction of the cost of other live stream software.

Pros

Ecamm allows our small church to produce high quality and engaging weekly live stream worship service. It is competitive with software that costs hundreds or thousands of dollars more.

Cons

For the price, there is nothing wrong with the software but some features available in higher priced software are missing.

Response from Ecamm Network

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the review. We really appreciate your feedback. Out of curiosity, what features do you wish it had? We're always working to improve the app and would love your suggestions.

Mauricio S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

AWESOME LIVE OPTIONS

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

VERY EASY TO USE, IT WAS HELPFUL I HAD A GREAT TIME USING THIS SOFTWARE THE ABILITY TO STREAM IN DIFFERENT PLATFORM WAS GREAT. I SENT THEM AN EMAIL WITH QUESTIONS AND THEY ANSWER VERY QUICKLY. THEIR TECH SUPPORT WAS PROMPT AND PROFESSIONALS.

Pros

VERY USER FRIENDLY, A LOT OF FEATURES.

Cons

IT WAS A LITTLE PRICIE FOR OUR SMALL CHURCH, THE PRODUCT WAS GREAT NO COMPLAINT, IF WE HAD THE CAPITAL WE COULD KEEP.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it.

James W.
  • Industry: Banking

Great product, but too much for my needs

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Fine

Pros

Easy to use. Easy way to use digital camera as a webcam

Cons

Pricing. I am only using the webcam feature and while it is great, it does not justify the cost for me since I am am not doing webcasts or other kinds of streaming

Nick B.

Upgraded to Pro version

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

First, I really enjoy using Ecamm, great product. Would like to see more tutorials on using the pro version and the virtual camera. I purchased a Panasonic Lumix G85 to produce a higher quality video after watching [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] however I have not been able to make it work using Ecamm. If you have recommendations on how to set that up using a video capture card explaining the steps and gear to use that would be awesome! I can't find any training to do this on YouTube or support from the Panasonic website either. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] offers a $499 Pro-Video Academy but at this point I really don't want to shell out that kind of money but to be fair he's been very helpful. All your support is very much appreciated. Nick Boork

Pros

Steams great to YouTube and consistent.

Cons

The Pro version (in my opinion) does not seem to work well. I may not be using it correctly. I use the overlays all the time to share messages with picture in picture. How is Pro version better?

Response from Ecamm Network

Thanks for the review, Nick! We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with our Pro level. We'd be happy to help. You can reach us using our on-site chat at www.ecamm.com or you can join our Community at facebook.com/groups/ecammlive and ask questions there. Here's what the Pro level does: https://www.ecamm.com/mac/ecammlive/pro.html

Edward C.

Good ... But Not Great For Our Needs

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Pros

The system is pretty easy to incorporate into your streaming initiatives. It has an intuitive user interface. It is a good software system.

Cons

I purchased the product because we wanted to customize our Zoom Meetings to be more like a broadcast (i.e. multiple camera angles, overlays, screen views, etc.). However, only after purchasing it and trying multiple times to get it to work did we learn that Ecamm no longer works with Zoom ... even though their current marketing on their website still shows compatibility. The workaround is no where near adequate for a professional image to be portrayed to our end constituents.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thanks for the note, Edward. Zoom has solved the issue and now allows virtual cameras again.

Joe B.

Reliability for cost

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

Pros

Ecamm replaced my OBS platform as I have multiple issues with quality and reliability with OBS on mac. I run two weekly multi hour broadcasts that cross a lot of sources. [Live cam on Blackmagic mini recorder, NDI virtual cams, prerecorded video, slide shows with embedded audio, etc]

Cons

I miss the studio mode functionality related to OBS for on the fly programming and scene building. Workarounds are scant in ecamm. This is my only negative.

Tom D.

Best Streaming Platform For Mac Users

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

I'm now able to diversify my social presence into Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube.

I haven yet to experiment with Twitter live (Periscope) but am looking forward to adding that to my live repertoire.

My overall interaction with eCamm Live has been very positive and I recommend it to anyone looking to get into live-streaming.

Pros

The ease of use this program offers is enough to purchase alone. I started using streaming platform years ago as a gamer and Mac user.... it wasn't the easiest to set up.

Ecamm Live allows direct DSLR integration without expensive adapters. Easy to switch camera options, as well as intuitive audio capabilities. It's a no-brainer to begin using, I think it will easily become the only streaming software you use (as a Mac user. ) :)

Cons

Cost is always very hard to rationalize as a creator, especially if you aren't making money on the backend of the stream.

It is a bit expensive, IMHO, but included features easily make up for it when you break it down.

I wish it also included multi-steam option. (Hopefully in the future)

Response from Ecamm Network

Thanks so much for leaving us a review, Tom. We really appreciate it!

Andrea zechmeister Z.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best Live Streaming

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

don't know I found you by accident because on my Mac pro which is a bit older no streaming program wanted to run anymore. installed OBS and always had problems live
Kps & Fps always run at full throttle and the fan is in full swing
I didn't just set that up live at Ecamm and it's just that easy for her

Pros

Perfect Audio Ecamm Audio Driver , Automatic Cam Setup , NDI Connect

Cons

very simple setup and working best by Streaming

Response from Ecamm Network

Thanks so much, Andrea! We love that you're using Ecamm Live.

Michael D.

It just works!

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

Before we were live-streaming via an iPhone with no direct microphone connection. It was decent. Ecamm Live uses our Canon Camcorder through an HDMI capture device without a hitch. Our livestream quality has improved with very little increase in ease of use.

Pros

I pastor a church and use Ecamm Live to livestream our worship services. After a disaster on Easter using a similar software, we moved to Ecamm Live on April 19. Easter livestream ended up being "Godzilla worship" with my lips moving, then the sound coming out something like 3-5 seconds later. Since moving to Ecamm Live our experience has been 1--video and audio remain in sync every time, 2--the program is more intuitive and easier to navigate than our previous software, 3--we are typically using a countdown video at the beginning, and one or two slides produced in Keynote for each service, and putting each in a scene with the main camera as the scene in between makes live-streaming the service simple and reliable. We LOVE Ecamm Live!

Cons

We have found no cons so far. It just works!

Response from Ecamm Network

Thanks for the review, Michael. Sorry to hear about the Easter disaster :( Hope all is running smoothly now. Appreciate you giving Ecamm Live a chance!

Thanks,
Katie

Fletcher T.

Ecamm Live Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/09

I love the experience, looking more into the software to see what else i can do

Pros

I definitely like the ease to use transition between different videos, you guys have made it so easy on all front, and love the green screen features

Cons

I definitely don't have anything bad to say about the software, except, if you guys can maybe consider giving the virtual camera on both packages, some people don't have the money to be spending on a expensive camera or a green screen

Response from Ecamm Network

Hi Fletcher,

Thank you for the review and the feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected] if you'd like for me to explain or demo what a virtual camera does. It isn't a camera itself. It takes your higher quality camera feed or fully planned Ecamm Live show and sends it out digitally into another app. That's why it's a Pro level feature. Happy to explain more.

Katie

Live video streaming made easy on Mac

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

We've done virtual events on YouTube Live where the presenters and attendees are remote via Google Meet. We've used a separate Macbook Pro for Meet and connected it with a USB/HDMI dongle to the streaming iMac. On the iMac, we've combined the Mac video signal with a background image, text, and cover image on Ecamm Live. It worked like a charm.
In addition, we've recorded marketing videos locally with a webcam and slides. It's also very handy.

Pros

Ecamm Live is easy to set up and provides enough features to make live streams look professional. You can intuitively connect video and image elements on the fly. When you're live streaming, you want everything to work smoothly and this is what this tool has been like.

Cons

We use Vimeo as our main live streaming platform, but Ecamm Live does not currently support it. We would also like to see more audio channels to be added to the stream than what is currently available.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. What are you interested in using Ecamm Live to do alongside Vimeo? I believe you can use our virtual webcam in Vimeo. Have you tried that?

Brandon H.

Incredible solution for Mac users

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

From day one, Ecamm Live has been awesome. I feel like I can produce professional-quality videos as a one-man show for our customers and prospects.

Pros

Hard to select one feature I like most about Ecamm Live. But a few: 1) The ability to easily produce training videos and prospecting videos with overlays, video support, different scenes, and so forth is super. 2) I don't do 'live' videos so having the option to just record locally is great. 3) The constant feature release cycle is unbelievable. 4) Support is tremendous. The team stands behind the product.

Cons

There's really nothing Ecamm doesn't do that I wish it did, especially at this price point.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you so much for the review, Brandon! We're so thrilled to hear that Ecamm Live is making a difference in your business.

Best wishes,

Scott W.
  • Industry: Fine Art
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Why do you need "PRO' to access the Live Cam on ECAMM LIVE????

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

It works well -but I will look for a 'free' alternative once I have upgraded my computer, which will be cheaper in the long run.

Pros

The ability to use a DSLR camera with ZOOM.

Cons

The fact that once I had found it the most useful software for using a DSLR camera with ZOOM, through the free trial, it was a logical assumption that the regular subscription would allow me to do just that. This is how Ecamm is promoted- as a way to use a DSLR camera as a video streaming device - yet you must have the more expensive 'pro' version to do this. The name of the product is eCAMM Live! Does this not suggest that you can use a camera with it? The price for the regular subscription is doable at $15 a month. $25 a month for 'pro' is exorbitant.

Response from Ecamm Network

Thank you for the feedback. We really appreciate it.