4,3
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Sage X3 Review by a 12 years consultant

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

ROI very interessting

Pros

the product is easy to use, very flexible, easily customizable, scalable

Cons

Document template to be improved, documentation

Curtis W.

Sage X3

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Overall, our experience has been positive. I would recommend that companies ensure to include it in their RFP process.

Pros

Customizable features allow us to get the most out of the product. Workflows allow for controls for authorization where required.

Cons

Adding in some features required a lot of custom coding. Most notably was allowing for automatic allocations of product that is being cut.

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear that you are able to save time through automation using Sage X3.

Eric B.
Industry: Food Production

Good Solid ERP System

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Despite the base technology being over a decade old, Sage have managed to stay current with emerging technology while maintaining and improving many features.

Pros

Reliable and predictable management of standard ERP functions. Easy to customize. Web services integrated. Security is granular enough to cover most situations.

Cons

After login it takes several seconds to see the landing page. It's difficult to determine cause of some issues and error messages can be cryptic, requiring us to contact support in many cases, even for seemingly simple problems. Use on a mobile device is limiting as most screen layouts are designed for a PC.

Industry: Chemicals

Sage X3 ERP has been a useful asset for our company, is great for stock/dropship companies.

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

I like that X3 works really well for corporations that are made up of many different companies. X3 has the ability to handle multiple separate companies that each one of can be further separated into stock and financial sites that can all share customers, suppliers, G/L accounts, etc., providing smooth consolidation.
X3 has a very easy to understand and easily navigable user interface.

Cons

I do not like the limited capabilities of the canned reports and queries provided with X3.
I also do not like the slow response time from the support staff.
The program does not work well with customization because it causes a lot of problems when it comes time for patching and upgrading.

Matthew C.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

SAGE X3 for Process Manufacturing

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Sage X3 has been the engine facilitating multi-site manufacturing capability and scalability.

Pros

Sage X3 is platform agnostic, highly flexible and configurable ERP application that meets the demands of an industry governed by FDA, DEA, cGMPs. The financials at its core are solid, allowing for the inventory and manufacturing transactions to be performed with trackability traceability throughout the life cycle of the product manufacturing.

Cons

Sage X3 has as it's core language a proprietary 4GL language that has been challenging to find skilled resources with experience coding in.

Michael M.

Sage Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Overall experience has been good with the exceptions listed above. Allowing us to consolidate software is our goal.

Pros

I like the look a feel of the system and ease of opening other functions from the same screen.

Cons

System isn't designed for the chemical industry. A lot of mods or customizations have to be made for the system to support our needs. There is always a solution but there is always a cost as well. will be well over budget once everything is working the way it was presented.

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review, hopefully Sage X3 will continue to help your business consolidate your enterprise software.

Keely M.
Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Good Enough

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Mutual. Its not the worst thing I've used, its not the best either. Its a good enough software to get the job done.

Pros

AP is what we use this for, and it is quite easy to use.

Cons

Set up and customization is hard. There are so many menus in the back, to change or update anything it feels like I have to go into several menus. None of which you could figure out on your own - you will most likely be forced to have a 3rd party research and help resolve issues. At least tell you all the menus you have to go into in order to get something to work.

Tracy P.

A new look at our sytem

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

We have learned that we have a very robust system that we need to take advantage of.

Pros

Our initial integration team did not our environment correctly. We have been combatting this for years.

During this time, our new team is learning of the robust features that we have been missing out on. We are expand and learn.

Cons

Cost. Helpdesk option that is automatically included in our yearly fees. We rarely us the Helpdesk based on past experiences. We go directly to consultants.

Nathan K.
Industry: Medical Devices

Natha's Review of X3

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

3 years as an admin. responsible for daily use, trouble shooting problems ( why didn't this invoice show up in the matching screen?) , creating SQL queries, writing & modifying reports.

Pros

Has lots of functionality. can take acre of most of our requirements

Good role based security

Cons

Proprietary language for modifications. Where do I learn all the commands and see a library of examples?

Interface look and feel is 20 years old.

only crystal for generating reports.

Damian W.

Solid ERP

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Our old ERP system was no longer supported and we needed the ability to integrate with outside applications.

Pros

Functions link to related content with a click. Lots of set up options to meet various requirements. Very few multi-user record locks.

Cons

The error messages are often too vague. Implementation was quite lengthy and could have been handled better. The hard allocations are often frustrating.

Mark K.

Decent product, But Service and Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Product is decent, its a little pricey for our relatively small organization. The customer facing side of Sage is terrible. Cringe when have to use customer support. PSG group is either overworked or just plain unresponsive. Sage's view to charge customer for everything even when their consultants lead you down wrong path is very disappointing and the reason we don't recommend this product to our peers.

Pros

X3 is very versatile and lends itself well to adapt to businesses. Not as rigid as some other competitive products in the market.

Cons

The fixed asset module, not intuitive, repetitive and doesn't work. Support doesn't understand it either . There set-up and maintenance of the system is clunky, multiple layers, would be nice if Sage could look at streamlining some of this.

Response from Sage

Sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your support of Sage X3.
I will look into this for you if you are able to reach out to me at [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Dan H.
Industry: Warehousing

usasge

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

benefits are being able look in the system for locations or part numbers and usage of material. this is only my view in the warehouse.

Pros

location and picking tickets are relatively easy to use.

Cons

the way inventory counts are performed with the RF scanner are done, at present it has changed the way we do inventory. Prior to an up grade it was simple on the scanning of the bar code. After the up grade things changed on the scanning of the barcode having to answer question after the scan of a location was completed. Yes or no, do you want to delete on scan numbers. What it was before was much simpler.

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review of Sage X3. It is great to see that you would recommend us and please reach out to me at [email protected] if I can help with your scanning issues.

Christy S.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A good ERP system

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

I am happy with the product. I administer this product as well as another ERP and this one is substantially better in nearly every way.

Pros

X3 is highly configurable. Its intercompany functionality is substantial. Administrators have a ton of control over the user experience-- what they see, default fields, hiding fields, permissions, etc is all highly configurable without needing to be an IT genius to figure it out.

Cons

The ability to receive help. The help function is somewhat helpful sometimes but is not updated as often as it should be. The user community is lacking. I would love to be able to post on a message board about my problem, but when I have done that I have rarely gotten the answers I need. Solutions to X. problems are not "googleable"

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you Sage X3 helps you run your business effectively.

Brian P.
Industry: Food Production

Sage X3 Food Production

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

Overall we are satisfied with our decision to move to Sage X3. Being a food manufacturer with multiple sites we have successfully grown with X3.

Pros

Multi-Site features work well, Lot control/QC features are strong, visual process flows make new user training easy. Home Pages / Dashboards deliver easy access to data for production/shipping/receiving.

Cons

Integrated workorder planning functions are not realistic to use in version V9. Online help is lacking in too many areas, error message descriptions are vague.

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review of Sage X3.
I am pleased that X3 has grown alongside your business.

Iftikhar A.
Industry: Consumer Goods

funtastic solution for distribution operations

Reviewed on 2017/05/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Sage X3 helps companies in the distribution industry meet customer demands and keep costs and waste down by managing the movement of goods across locations, warehouses, or companies. By combining sales, purchasing, and inventory, the software creates a powerful replenishment plan that results in lower inventory levels, no unnecessary distribution, and healthier operating margins.

Cons

Sage ERP X3’s human resource module is relatively weak
It is not recommendable to smaller markets and industries
To know the pricing, a quote has to be requested from the vendor
There are no social media tools integrated into Sage ERP X3
There is no live chat support offered in the global website of the product

Matthew C.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Pretty good but without advanced features

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

It is good overall, but a little basic for what we need.

Pros

The structure of the software is good and allows for good navigation. It has some standard features that are good.

Cons

It does not have many of the features that I would like to see for Quality Control. It does not have a good place to enter test results. It is not clear how to customize it for compliance with 21 CFR Part 11.

Mai T.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Support

Reviewed on 2017/11/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I recommend renewing your support, though it is costly, but you never know when the system comes through an error and ends up taking you days to resolve.

Pros

When we first signed with Sage X3, we had the premium support package. We were able to ask for help/support 24/7.

Cons

We decided not to renew our support package and that was a mistake. Sage provides support to those that have the higher package support first. You can wait up to days for any assistance.

John M.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Assessment of X3 in real world manufacturing and distribution

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

We are a highly transactional environment which X3 handles quite easily. We've been able to move our planning systems to a level we've not experienced before without a highly modified environment.

Pros

The MRP system, query tools, and the SEI tool.

Cons

Many of the detailed aspects of the system aren't described in enough detail in online help and general documentation.

Eli K.

Personally, I LOVE it!

Reviewed on 2017/08/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the flexibility, the queries are very easy to use, and easy to create new ones. All data is integrated.

Cons

I can't stand Crystal Reports. They take very long to generate, don't export well, and and not user friendly.

Alexa G.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy database

Reviewed on 2018/05/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Sage is a great software for data entry. I believe that it has everything possibly needed on it and it is simple enough that just about anyone can learn to use it!

Pros

I like that this product has a help button on every tab, I also like how easy this software is to use and how quickly I was able to learn how to work with it and explore everything that it has to offer.

Cons

I do not like how you can easily add or change codes by clicking one wrong button. I do not like how many modules are on it, I feel like they categorize way to much.

Daniel R.

Really software adjustable to any type of medium or large company

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Pros

What I liked the most is the versatility it has to adapt to the needs of any type of business, a great alternative for ERP. The variety of configurations that can be modified as well as the functionalities that can greatly save response times.

The presentation and easy to create reports with very simple and guided quearys also The user interface is foolproof which is a great solution for the support and information department.

Cons

As an administrator I always have problems when it comes to support and debugging problems presented in the application in which many of them are not documented properly.

The Reports are very colorful and well structured but at the moment of the output they take a long time to appear.

I had some problems in the version update and the service pack caused some headaches

Amber H.

I work with mostly all modules of X3 for a little over a year now, it proven to be a good ERP system

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

It's robust and it able to handle our complex intercompany transactions. Some of the processes and steps have made an overall improvement from MAS.

Cons

The tables and the query tool are designed in a very different manner than what we have used in the past, which has taken a while to understand.

Linnet V.
Industry: Insurance

Sage X3 Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

It has be Ok

Pros

There are no many things I like this software since it is not user intuitive

Cons

The system works very slow

Edward K.

X3 In Manufacturing

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Really good, its the backbone of our business.

Pros

It is fully integrated with our websites and our orders are automated to the point of shipping. We then deliver a tracking number automatically to the customer.

Cons

Entering orders can be clumsy and it's hard to eliminate unneeded steps. For our product it would be ideal to eliminate a number of steps if possible.

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review of X3 and calling it out as the backbone of your business.

James G.

Sage X3 Financial Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

Great until recently

Pros

Excel downloads and re-coding documents before finalization

Cons

I actually experienced a situation where part (unbalanced)of a journal posted and caused my G/L to be unbalanced. This should not be possible and is concerning

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review, sorry to hear you had an issue with your GL.
If you are able to get in touch with me [email protected], I will look to resolve this for you.