AutoShop

4,7 (99)
Automotive stores management solution

Chip C.

Go Steve! As a mechanic who decided to be an owner Winworks AutoShop has been a lifesaver.

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Offers me the ability to manage every aspect of my shop. Gives me the ability to view reports on labor, accounting, and inventory with the stroke of a key. Really happy with this product. Over the top tech support.

Pros

WINWORKS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABOVE AND BEYOND EXCEPTIONAL! I am a mechanic that, along with my brother, opened my own repair business 10 years ago. We are mechanics that have become business owners. In the beginning we did all our RO's handwritten. After 2 years our workload was such that it got hard to keep up. We purchased Winworks to help streamline things. I can honestly say that it has been instrumental in growing our business. However, we have never used it properly. After several years of talking about training we contacted Winworks and had trainer fly out for training. After 2 1/2 days of training with the best trainer I have dealt with, we are ready to take our shop to the next level. The features that trainer introduced and explained to us are amazing. Accounting/Inventory/TechLink/Scheduling and many more. I would HIGHLY recommend getting on-site training if you have not already, money well spent. Then tech support is best I've dealt with and Steve was absolutely amazing! They only regret that I have is that we did not have the training earlier. We are currently running Professional and are upgrading to Premium. The Version 8 upgrade and the interfaces are second to none. Make the investment, the ROI is almost immediate.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to see that Winworks does not have is a annual hands on training convention for AutoShop.

Harold J.

Best customer support

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

One of the most powerful tools with any shop software is the ability to build kits or canned jobs to save yourself time on the next job.

Pros

This program has been with me for over 10 years. It is quite stable and has more features than I normally use, so it will likely grow with your needs. There are multiple terminals allowed, marketing and follow up options and their customer service is excellent if you run into a question or problem

Cons

Like any system, you are going to need some time to accustom yourself to how it works. But I have usually found it to be fairly intuitive.

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Harold for your kind words. It is our pleasure to serve customers like you with well running and supported software. All the best to you and your business!

Keith M.
  • Used for 1+ year

Winworks Autoshop

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Very poor. We are a heavy duty shop and had done some homework before purchasing. There wasn't any alternative programs at the time. We were told that the program had been used by heavy duty shops and that we would have no issues. The program may work incredibly well for an automotive shop, as that is what it is based on. At the end dealing with tech support/programming was a nightmare.

Pros

The structure to the program makes sense from an automotive shop perspective.

Cons

We were promised that the program would adapt to a heavy duty truck shop, however, we were constantly having to do work arounds. Each time required a call to tech support to help transition the program. The first year of tech support was included in the purchase price of the software. After the free tech support term expired we were required to purchase the next year of tech support. Because we required so much support the bill for the upcoming year was quite high. We decided that because we were required to continue doing the work arounds that the cost would be prohibitive and that we couldn't afford to carry on with the program. Expensive lesson learned, we had to purchase the program initially, pay our staff to migrate our information in to the system, then pay our staff to migrate the information to our new operating system. Our experience with tech support wasn't that good either. Issues with getting tickets resolved and getting support..

Response from Winworks Software

Sorry to hear of our your dissatisfaction with the AutoShop software. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I will answer your email directly. We wish you well with your new software.

Lance B.

Excellent product and support always!

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

I have been using WinWorks AutoShop for 20 years. I just replaced my computer server. My local IT person Who I used in the past was unable to do any of the setup. I called technical support and spoke to representative. He got the new computer up and working in a very short time. He even remembered how my system was set up from a conversation I believe happened over a year ago. It put my mind at ease knowing that the people at WinWorks have my back. The last couple days I have been very stressed out trying to figure out how I was going to get this system up and running. Once I talked to him, he made my life much easier. I know how to run a successful and profitable automotive repair shop. I don't know much about computer systems. I know that WinWorks has covered me on the computer side. Their software is easy to use and provides me with all the information I need to grow my business. I'm really glad that I took the time 20 years ago to really look at all the software programs that were available. I know for a fact that WinWorks was the right choice.
I just wanted to thank everyone at WinWorks for everything they do to help me. I appreciate it more than you know.
Sincerely,
Lance Buick
Auto Station

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software.

Corrie F.

We LOVE Rep!

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

I have worked on a few different types of systems in the past from 'home grown' to 'out of the box', not automotive specifically, but this system needs some work. It needs to be a bit more user friendly for all the reasons I mentioned in the Cons. I think it has potential, but unless you are constantly upgrading and working to improve it, it will get stagnant and will no longer be viable.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that we have Steve available to help us when we run into issues. He is the saving grace for us! Without him being so helpful, we would have probably changed systems.

Cons

The Form Layouts are terrible. They don't provide enough space for repair stories, they are configured weird, and some are missing things that the others have, but none so far have been comprehensive for everything we need. You have to search the vehicle FIRST before starting a work order. Reports are spotty & inaccurate. You find that specific things aren't popping up like our counter sales Freight Cost and some Misc 2 fees that don't print on the Accounting Full Details Rpt. Only one email for Invoicing, with multiple users/senders is frustrating when customers respond. You can't have multiple parts with the same part number, but it's not like they are UPC's, each vendor can make their own part number and some may overlap. Some parts counter, closed out invoices ON ACCOUNT, do not show up on the statements or the customer record. Can find in the system as closed out properly, but doesn't show up under the customer. So we have received checks from customers with no record in their file, and have to hunt in the system to find the WO that matches. The check chart doesn't always work (i.e. Not available/doesn't work)
If the main computer is OFF, nobody can work. There is no specific area to record DEPOSITS on orders, so they get recorder as a payment instead of a deposit. This makes reconciling the day hard. There is no spot for SUBLET work. ESTIMATES do not have numbers on them, so when we work on our fleets, multiple ESTIMATES, no # to reference.

Rick G.

18 Year customer

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

We have used Winworks Autoshop for 18+ years and have been very happy with the program. Creating work orders and estimates are very easy. It pulls info from Alldata and other labor guides for estimates that saves so much time not having to open and close multiple programs to transfer data manually. The work orders are very easy to read and understand for the customer. When a customer needs repair history or complains that their car is too expensive to maintain you can print them reports on exactly how much they spent year to year. We have found that is very helpful for them and us to sell future work. We are a worldpac speed dial customer as well and it makes it easy to keep inventory needs up to date.
Creating standard tasks for the most common jobs we perform makes estimates and billing for those jobs as easy as clicking the mouse button several times. Then print.
When we have had issues which are rare customer support has been helpful and takes care of the issue quickly.
This is a very easy program to use and we highly recommend using it, We have used it for at least 18 years and cannot work without it.

Pros

very easy to use

Cons

Cannot think of any

Richard J.

Great Software with exccelant assistance

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I was trying to switch from 1 computer to a new one. I was at a complete loss. CSR was outstanding with his Customer Service. He spoke to me in a way I could understand. I will continue to use Winworks as long as I own my shop..

Pros

CSR was extremely professional and friendly. He walked me through all the steps I needed to get started. He took his time to help me understand what we were doing. He explained everything in a manner I could understand. It is very easy to navigate through. Entering data and customer info is Extremely easy and user-friendly.

Cons

I honestly do not have any complaints with the software. It is so user friendly. I am not a very technical inclined and i can navigate through the system with ease.

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you for the great review. We truly value you as a Winworks User. Thank you for your many years of use of Winworks!

Larry M.

How we like Winworks

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Great company after so many year working with them we have become friends with some of the employees
Please continue to do the job your doing

Pros

We have been using Auto Shop (winworks) for almost 20 years and the product has always done what we asked for. when a problem would come up all we had to do was call in and problem solved. This being an Automotive software. and us being a Auto Repair shop. It was easy to work with. We would like to give a positive review for Auto Shop

Cons

Sometimes when we call in with a problem it seems to take longer that others to get a reply for Winworks. Not that they don't call but when we have a major problem it needs to be addressed right then. That's all we can say that is negative.

Response from Winworks Software

Larry, thanks for the great review. We look forward to serving you for years to come.

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Automotive

Tech Support makes the decision to buy this automotive software an no brainer.

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

I have been in the automotive repair business almost 40 years. This program has continued to grow and be adaptable throughout the many years I have used it.
I have tried many other companies from big to small and Winworks is the best fit for me and my shop. My employees easily learn and use the program faster and more effectively than I do, which makes me happy.
Consider Winworks as a top choice when shopping for shop software.

Pros

Intuitive and broad enough to be useful for a log time.
The amount of available information, services and data can be used to its fullest, if you have the time and staff. But as a standalone repair writer software, this works well all the time.

Cons

No complaints.
The survey will not let me continue until i use 17 words.

Response from Winworks Software

Kevin, Thanks so much for the review! Happy New Year!

Victoria C.

Excellent Support!

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Our shop has been using this software for almost two years and we had some technical questions, as well as pricing and feature questions. After looking online and looking throughout the program, I decided to finally call (usually not one to do this). I called the support and Kathy asked what type of questions I had. Once I told her, she said someone will call back. ONE minute later, I get a call from Steve. I described my technical questions and he knew right away how to fix it. He remotely accessed our software and showed me what to do. Super quick. Then, I asked about pricing and features, and he knew right away. Very straightforward and knowledgeable. I feel like great customer service and support is hard to come by but this was not the case here. I'm definitely a happy customer!

Pros

-Has all of the features our small 5-employee shop needs (can pay more for more features)
-Reasonable one-time fee
-Amazing customer service and support

Cons

-Looks outdated

Korrin L.

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Had to place a service call this afternoon after freaking out over a incorrect end of day processing. From the moment the rep answered the phone he assured me he could "fix" my problem and put me at ease. He was so understanding, patient and helpful - he went above and beyond what we needed.
It is soooo refreshing to experience old-school customer service - where the person actually performs their job above and beyond what's expected. If possible - I'll definitely be requesting the rep next time I need assistance.

Pros

Usability.

Cons

Nothing to mention.

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Korrin for your wonderful review! We are so pleased you received this level of care. This is our goal with every call to effectively communicate that we care about you, your business and find the most efficient way to keep you going.

Chad M.

Worth It!

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Inventory issues have been resolved with this program.

Pros

Customer service is wonderful, very helpful and polite staff. This program offers all the benefits a business needs to run a shop. It calculates profits, losses, overall income and so much more.

Cons

Price is on the more expensive side. Highly recommend paying for the Tech support yearly due to it being much more cost effective that paying per call which can get extremely expensive especially the first year when you need the most help navigating and learning the tools and benefits of the program.

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Chad for your kind comments! It is truly a pleasure to serve successful business owners like yourself. We look forward to continuing to improve the Winworks AutoShop system. Thanks for the inspiriation!

Warren A.

Winworks Rocks!

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Recently relocated to a new shop and had to get workstations set up on new computers and existing as well as printer functionality. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was there with me the entire time to make it happen and was very patient with me while getting transitioned to the new location. He got a new workstation up and going in no time as well as corrected a few changes we wanted with the new location i.e address, networks.
Give this guy a raise! If I have any questions or concerns in the future i have no doubt in my mind [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will be there to help. Thanks again!

Pros

We have been using AutoShop for years now and it always seems to work and function great!
Any time we have an issue whether big or small the tech and customer service team are always there to help!

Cons

No complaints thus far with winworks or autoshop.

John L.

jwl auto

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

only using a small part of its capabilities ,,,but very useful in overall tracking our customers work,,,quick access to history has stopped a lot of problems when they have multiple vehicles, (customer complains we just did brakes on one of his vans, and now they need them again an a few weeks,,,,nice to be able to explain,,it was another one of his fleet, and provide that current vehicle has many miles since done, along with date),,,,makes me happy to have them "stfu"

Cons

needs to remember where you were last,,,make you start some thing from beginning...
had this program for many years and spent a lot of money,,,,still no pole dancers showed up out of gratitude..

Response from Winworks Software

Thanks for the Review John!

Leo L.

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? IT NOT, IT IS THE BEST SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

EVERYTHING, THE PEOPLE, THE SUPPORT, THEIR RESPONSE TIME, AND SPECIALLY THEIR ATTITUDE, i HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND I CONSIDER US AS ONE OF THE BEST, AND VERY PRO CUSTOMER SHOP, I CAN TELL YOU I DID NOT THINK OTHER BUSINESS DO BUSINESS AS I DO BUT I FOUND MY MATCH.

Pros

THIS SOFTWARE IS AMAZING EASY TO USE AND VERY SIMPLE AT THE SAME TIME, I HAVE USED ALL KIND OF SOFTWARE BUT THIS ONE TOPS ALL AND THE BEST THING IS THE PRICE IT IS AMAZING AND HAVE NO MONTHLY PAYMENTS YOU ARE NOT BOUND USE IT THE WAY YOU WANT IT I NEVER FELT LIKE THIS WITH OTHER SOFTWARE (I FELT LIKE I WAS CAPTIVE WITH OTHERS)

Cons

REALLY NOTHING THERE IS NOTHING NOT TO LIKE ALL IS WELL WITH THIS SOFTWARE

Response from Winworks Software

Thanks so much for the Review Leo. We hope we can use you as a referral for future customers.

Tom K.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great software, easy to learn even without reading all the directions.

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

I actually had my friend in North Carolina buy your software because of how great it is. He loves it n so do I. The benefit is not having a monthly payment for other software and the overall simplicity of the program to teach to others for use. It's great bang for your buck.

Pros

The simplicity of the system for people not savy with computers makes it pretty easy to use. Very well set up, all the things I want on a work order is there and the marketing tool is an awesome feature even though i havent fully figured out how to use it.

Cons

So far I've had a few small issues that while trying to improve my work orders or things it created a problem that cost me to fix. Other than that the voided work orders seem to stick around forever and I would prefer they disappeared into nothingness.

Derek L.

Used to Be Excellent Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Every benefit AutoShop has in running a shop is negated by its sheer lack of reliability. The programming for this software is terrible and inept. DO NOT even consider buying this until they take concrete steps to fix the buggy and unstable underlying programming. I wasted thousands of dollars purchasing it with the intention that I could use it for many years in the future; I got 4 years out of it instead. Now, I get penalized for calling tech support to fix THEIR incompetence.

Pros

Up until the end of 2017, the software was excellent over almost 4 years of use. Work orders look decent and professional, scheduling is a breeze, job building is easy and time efficient, and the service recommendations and tracking was very intuitive. The accounting and labor reports are very helpful. It almost seemed too good to be true... and it was.

Cons

After putting it off for a couple months, I installed the Version 8 update in January of 2018. Ever since then, I have had the joy of talking to customer support an average of once a month, as Winworks finds ever more creative ways to crash. These usually accompany Windows updates, but sometimes it stops working or glitches just for fun. Tech support refuses to acknowledge any systematic problem, but offers no explanation as to why the software stops working every few weeks. On at least two occasions, I had to input data from paper backups because the databases failed catastrophically. The software is terribly, fatally unreliable. Every morning, it's a surprise whether or not the software will work as designed and as I paid for. In fact, I write this now in my spare time until the Texas tech support center opens at 9AM and I can start producing work orders again.

Response from Winworks Software

Sorry to hear about this customers experience with our software. We will do whatever we can to resolve the issue, although no specific issue is mentioned other than the programmers are inept and the software is unreliable? When we reviewed our log of calls for this user, we had documented an intermittent network connectivity issue with network hardware. This can cause a lot of software programs to fail when the network is unreliable. Perhaps this has STILL not been resolved? It's easy to blame the software and the software company when either hardware fails or a Windows update causes issues. I do appreciate their Pros comments regarding our software. We have attempted to reach out and will continue to do so to help in any way we can. Every user matters to us!

Works great until a Windows update

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

The software does alright over all. It's fully functioning and has many many features. It's better than InvoMax lol

Cons

We were using this software at three of our shops but now we only use it at one. That shop does contract work and we're in no hurry. This software was made for a platform. That platform is Microsoft Windows. It seems that half the time Microsoft updates Windows, Winworks fails to boot up. I believe this issue is largely to do with the Winworks USB product key. Winworks goes to great lengths to make sure that no one is pirating their software but it gets in the way of their software working every day. We have busy shops. If we walk in after a Windows update and Winworks will not boot up, then we are pulling out paper invoices (and hair) and calling the Winworks tech support. It turns our day into a complete mess. Their tech support is understaffed and if their software doesn't work after a Windows update, then every shop running Winworks is calling all at once. Yeah, they'll move you to the front of the line for another. They might even charge you to fix their software that suddenly doesn't run on the platform it was made for. In another word, EXTORTION. Enjoy paper invoices or pay us. We already paid a lot of this program up front only to be charged again and again because they can't make their anti-piracy key work with every Windows update. They even suggested that we not run Windows update. What a terrible suggestion. The security risk isn't worth the trade off. We have used three different invoicing programs over the years. None of them had this issue.

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you for your review. However, this is a review that does not list your name. We would love to make this right, so please reach out to us and we would love to talk about your concerns and address them. Thank You

Amy Y.
  • Industry: Automotive

Believe it or not, requesting a REFUND on this.

Reviewed on 2016/07/29

This will be the last time Autoshop harms my business by putting a sudden mid-job stop to customer service. Customers that expect a professional and itemized layout of the work done at this shop are instead leaving with nothing but handwritten paper receipts, due to the disastrously whimsical nature of the Winworks software, which I can only imagine was written by incompetent programmers who do not even bother to release updates to fix their glaring mistakes.

The response I keep getting from customer service, who I now have to call at least twice a month, and more frequently now than ever, is that "no software is perfect." Well, for a program that costs , earned by sweating under rusted cars day after day, a program damn well better be perfect.

1. Connection to Carfax, so that a simple VIN will pull up car info
2. Work order formatting smart enough to not allow greeting messages or disclaimers to overlap with other writing
3. Estimates that will not cut off the business name at the top when printed, unless explicitly saved as a pdf and then printed
4. Not having sudden fits of "YOUR LICENSE NOT DETECTED" that will not allow any user to even open the program on another computer
5. Not having technical support that contacts Alldata to create an administrative Alldata username and password under a customer's Alldata account without customer consent or even knowledge, then fails to even try to use that account to serve its actual purpose, which was to link Alldata estimates to Winworks Autoshop to make customer's life that much easier
6. Connection to other commonly used parts shops that allow user to add/order a part through Winworks Autoshop, without having to painstakingly input every part detail every time a work order comes in.

These very basic software requirements, which any other program ACTUALLY has, and does not just advertise, which were promised to my shop when we used the demo, have never been met. This is wreaking havoc in my shop, and have led me to come to the conclusion that I do not need, much less want, Winworks Autoshop in my business. I would frankly like nothing more to do with it.

Thus, I am requesting a full refund of $$$$ for the software. I believe I am more than entitled to a full refund, after all my customers and I have been through thanks to Winworks.

Pros

Not cloud based

Cons

Everything above

Response from Winworks Software

Hello Amy, we are sorry for the experience you had with Winworks AutoShop. Your feedback helps us improve, thank you. Most of our customers participate in 3 one hour training calls with our experienced training staff to help customers get up to speed and using Winworks in the most effective way in their shop, but looking at your record you opted out of the training that we offered. We would still be happy to provide you with training so you can better understand Winworks AutoShop.

If there is anything else that we can be of assistance, please let us know. 1-800-946-9675 or [email protected]

Our goal has and will always be to do everything we can so that our customers have a great experience with our software and our service.

Amy S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

MotorShop Director the BEST

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Everything has been great! Tech Support always calls you back and are great to work with. Love how they take over computer to solve problem and its always solved quickly. Great product... going to miss it as we have been bought out!

Pros

Its so easy. Very user friendly software program. Navigates well and screens are very easy to understand. Gets the job done easily and prints awesome reports/invoices/work orders!

Cons

The only issue we had is when our computers would do a windows update. Sometimes it would kick us out of the Motorshop.

Response from Winworks Software

Amy, Thanks so much for the review! For others reading this review, our Winworks AutoShop product was also published as MOTOR Shop Director by MOTOR Information Systems.

Tammy B.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Very helpful with reporting and pricing!

Pros

I love how many different options this software has. It can do so many things. Whatever you want to keep track of they will find a way to help you.
I really appreciate the customer support. They are always able to get back to me in a timely manner and there is never a question too stupid or too hard for them. They work with me until I am happy.

Cons

I do not like that the counter sales do not have the same reporting as the work orders. Also there are some anti-theft software that would be helpful if it were optional.

Becki M.

Great Management Software

Reviewed on 2012/12/17

We have now been using Winworks for 5 years after already trying Alldata's management software. We looked at Mitchell but wasn't impressed. The thought of having to pay someone monthly for something that is not mine is not appealing. That is why I do not lease cars. But to each their own. We looked at RO Writer but the upfront expense was just too much. Besides a few bells & whistles Winworks is just as great. You will not be disappointed.

Pros

The fact that we own the software is why we went with Winworks. The cost is affordable. We tried AllData's management software for a year and had problems. Also the fact that we would never own it and would be paying monthly forever was unappealing. The fact that we could make payments was great. Julie in tech support is amazing. The other guys are great as well but Julie has been the one that I have connected with. I know of some shops that have never done an update and are using the system with no problems. We on the other hand pay for support and all updates. Worth every penny. The system is easy to use and integrates well with Quickbooks & WorldPac's speed dial. We use most of all of the features that are available,

Cons

There are some things I wish were more like RO Writer but again you pay for what you get. I have many friends whose shops have RO Writer and are very happy with it. The reason we did not go with it is because of the upfront cost. Like I said just a few things I wish Winworks had but I am satisfied. Just like having a Tahoe but wanting an Escalade.

Dj L.

Terrific

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Pros

You can have the best SMS but if there is no support what good is it? I like the fact they do there best to help you. You always get a call the same day and it's fast. All of there support staff is friendly super helpful. They update system regularly to keep up with industry trends and needs.

Cons

I would like to see some different / more reports . There is not a lot of things I don't like. There is no perfect SMS out there

Response from Winworks Software

Thanks DJ! We value your input on Winworks!

Sean L.

Technical Difficulties

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

So long story short, my all in one office computer decided last week it was time to quit. after being in a panic I removed the hard drive from that unit and called WinWorks tech support. within a matter of minutes, the tech support help desk got me up and running again on my laptop which was a great temporary workaround. Today the representative from tech support helped me get WinWorks software up and running on my new office computer, Best tech service around as far as I'm concerned.

Pros

Everything !!!

Cons

Nothing, Great Product

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Sean for the kind words! We love having you apart of the Winworks family!

Keith S.

REVIEW

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

EASE OF USE- TECH SUPPORT IS GREAT AS WELL. TEAM MEMBERS IN TECH SUPPORT IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND ADDRESSES MY COMPLAINTS IMMEDIATELY. HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, FAST, AND GREAT AT COMMUNICATING.

Pros

EASE OF USE- THIS SOFTWARE DOES EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR MY SHOP

Cons

ADDTL COST FOR ADD-ONS, ADMIN ENTRY CAN BE VERY TIME CONSUMING ON THE BACK END

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Keith for your great review. It is our pleasure to serve you and to continue to make the Winworks AutoShop program part of your shop's success!