Notion

4,7 (657)
Project and task management tool

Greg G.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Notion can eat Google Docs for breakfast

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

Pros

Notion is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of document creation. It offers a loose structure that provides an opinion of how things can work, but is overwhelmingly flexible in what users can do. Never before have I so quickly been able to
- create docs
- integrate them with dates
- add external media

Cons

Notion's pricing structure is fair, but it's hard to beat free! Google Docs is only surviving, imo, because so many companies already pay for GSuite.

Microsoft OneNote, Jira, Google Docs and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Notion is simple to use, beautiful, and flexible.
Anja J.

Best Multi-Function Platform

Reviewed on 2022/06/06

Notion allows me to manage my entire life, whether it comes to school/work, finances, or private life. I cannot name one platform that does what Notion does any better or to the same extent and I do not see myself departing from this platform any time soon - it is so versatile, so even when my life goes through drastic changes, I am able to adjust the way I use Notion to fit my needs.

Pros

I use Notion mostly for taking notes - separate pages, toggles, to-do-lists, and tables make note taking so easy! I admire how customisable every page is and the many block options I have to make my experience personal and unique. Notion also allows me to make really effective to-do-lists and manage my tasks and projects because of this range of options. I find it particularly helpful that I can embed and link other pages, websites, and documents - it allows me to keep everything in one place.

Cons

On occasion, Notion has not recognised that I have been online even when I have a stable wifi connection. This applies specifically to eduroam connections. Other than that, I cannot point out any other problems or negatives about this platform.

Jennifer G.

Customizable but complicated as a new user

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

Pros

There are a lot of different features and functionality. It is extremely customizable.

Cons

Do not attempt to utilize without going through some tutorials and knowing what you need. Not for beginner project management system users.

Ed S.

Best tool I use on a daily basis to ideate and take notes

Reviewed on 2022/06/02

The best app I use on a daily basis and couldn't live with out it

Pros

The ability to ideate in the moment and document my thoughts and ideas in real-time through typing and dictation is amazing and being able to link to other pages and podcasts and videos as well as upload images and access an image library, just to mention a small number of the amazing features of this app that I use on a daily basis

Cons

At this point I don't have the ability to search words in my uploaded handwritten paper notes

Google Keep and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Evernote was not developing their features as quickly as Notion and Notion offered features and functionality that Evernote didn't have at the time

Evernote Teams

More features and functionality
Jennifer Y.
  • Industry: Insurance

I Run My Life with Notion

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

I absolutely love Notion. Since the first day I discovered it, it has been in integral part of my business and personal functions. There isn't anything I haven't been able to use Notion for, so far.

Pros

I use Notion as my Life Dashboard. It is the first thing I open in the morning, and it is open for the rest of the day. I use it for everything from trip planning to client records. I track my budget, my health, my tasks...everything.

Cons

It took me a while to get a grasp on linking databases and I do wish it was a little more "user friendly" and intuitive...but there are tutorials and plenty of templates and examples.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

I still like Trello but Notion has so many more functions and options for integrations.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Again, Notion just offers so much, I have yet to find anything that compares.
Alberto nahum G.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A tool so versatile that it will adapt to your needs

Reviewed on 2022/05/10

Since I discovered Notion almost two years ago, it has become an essential tool for me. As it integrates such a vast number of options, I can use it to take notes, draft articles, brainstorm new ideas, plan each course week, and keep track of expenses... My workflow has improved because it allows me to have very different aspects of my work within the same environment. I don't need to switch from one app to another because Notion includes several I usually use.

Pros

My favorite thing from Notion has to do with its flexibility. I use it mainly to draft essays, blog posts, and articles. It's easier for me than any word processing software because Notion allows me --beyond being a multiplatform app-- to reorganize both my text and my files very smoothly. The heaps of templates available are also a great deal. For example, I use one template weekly to keep track of certain incomes and spending. I have also used templates to plan my classes for one semester or sketch a future book's ideas. I also use it as a note-taking app for every meeting.

Cons

I am pretty happy about it, and I have not used several features that look interesting. The only real problem I have had so far is its dependency upon connection. There is no offline mode. So, eight or ten months ago Notion system was down, and I could not access my drafts for half a day.

Ramazan A.
  • Industry: Higher Education

My second brain Notion

Reviewed on 2022/06/07

I noticed it while writing this review. I guess I've become a Notion fan. Notion has made my life much more organized and easier. Thank you to all providers 😊

Pros

I think that the most important advantages of Notion are the content management tools it offers, especially the database, and its web-based nature.

Cons

When migrating from another software, it may take some time to adapt to block logic and content management tools. But the time spent learning this software will definitely and definitely be worth it.

Notion is my daily homepage!

Reviewed on 2022/06/03

I've been using Notion for a couple of years to organize my personal and work life. It's easy to share notes with a public URL if needed. The editing tools are strong.

Pros

I love the ability to easily structure your notes. You can easily create unlimited sub-pages, but still keep your work organized. It's just as fast and easy to use on my phone as it is on my computer.

Cons

I sometimes trigger shortcuts by adding a / in my writing! Not a big deal and I'm used to it happening now so I've worked around it.

Saish A.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Notion Review after 1 year of use

Reviewed on 2022/05/07

Pros

1) Really simple User Interface, easy to understand and use.
2) Availability of multiple templates that all serve different purposes and are ideal for task management, Documentation, Activity tracking, etc.
3) Easy to collaborate with team members with access control.

Cons

1) the insights for the activities are not detailed enough for Mid/Large-scale organizations.

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to Notion

More flexibility in content writing and documentation
Arun sarathy P.

Must have tool if you are a solo creator!

Reviewed on 2022/02/26

With all the pros and cons I outlined, I still love Notion and what it does to save my brain space. I just cannot live without Notion.

Pros

The best part of Notion is its Kanban view with capabilities to add great deal of notes, tags, keywords, dates, custom fields, within each task. My workflow would be a spaghetti if Notion didn't come to my rescue. I have made my move from maintaining a simple plain vanilla Google Spreadsheet to Notion and never looked back! All my YouTube video planning happens within Notion. And so is the case with my dozen other projects.

Cons

The first thing that stands out for me is its non-intuitive Folder - Page structure.
The other annoyance happens within different views - whenever I want to see my data in a table view, the list doesn't make sense to me, although I was the one who created it. Another problem with table view is that when my rows grow in number, I had to scroll all the way down while the table itself takes time to load with every scroll. That micro-second waiting time is actually eternity in digital time.
One additional irritation is that its mobile app is kinda slow. I just don't feel like even opening it on my mobile unless I really need to refer something real quick. Otherwise, I use just the web app 99.9% of the time.

Probably the best aesthetic all rounded application.

Reviewed on 2022/02/22

Pros

There's so many things that I love about Notion. A good starting point is that Notion can be used for so many things. Note taking, planning, journaling, project management is just a few. Personally, I use it for daily planning, keeping track of my assignments and planning college work and studying for exams. I also use it for project management because I can easily track and plan projects in the same place as I keep my resources.
Another great pro about Notion is all the available templates that you can customize. If you are going for a more professional look or if you want an artsy aesthetic look, you can change it to any way you want. Most templates are free but there are paid versions that you can buy as well.
Notion is also supported on many devices so you can just view your plans on the go. To add to that, there's many free widgets you could use to add to the various features in Notion.
Notion has in built databases, Kanban boards, to do lists, tables, and so many features that you can tweak and use in so many ways.

Cons

The only con about Notion is that its not very beginner friendly. It can take a while to get used to all the features and how to use them efficiently. Setting up Notion to how you want it can take a bit of time but this is worth it in the long run. There are many tutorials which you can use to learn and starter templates that you could use, but if you want something very specific and is a picky person it might take time to set things up. Using things like databases requires a bit of knowledge so I would suggest looking at a few tutorials before deep diving into customization. The good things is that the tutorials are abundant so you won't be lost. Putting in the time to get exactly what you want is definitely good for the long run.

Anastasia P.

A great platform with amazing features

Reviewed on 2022/01/10

I really enjoy working with notion. I think you can easily replace many different tools with just one product and have a better overview of all your projects within one platform. We use it mainly with G-Suite and Slack. It is one of our main tools and I would't want to miss it in my daily routine. I think it is an amazing tool for collaborating but also gathering and elaborating ideas.

Pros

I am a huge fan of notion. We use it company-wide as our intranet but also internally for project management, private and business notes as well as a collaboration tool in our marketing department.
It is really dynamic and flexible and allows you to integrate many other products like, Google Docs/ Drive, Slack etc. You can configure each page in various ways and adjust the format to your needs.
We also share it with our external coworkers and limit the sharing settings to singular pages or whole workspaces.
We use it cross-departmental and plan our Marketing sprints with it.

Cons

It has a lot of features which can very easily overwhelm you, when you start working with it. I recommend to have a handbook on how to use it and also setup some guidelines on the most important features to your company. There are still so many things, I do not know!

Melissa S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Flexible and Collaborative!

Reviewed on 2021/11/27

Personally, I love this tool because it allows me to build databases of knowledge, even my personal Resume page. Everything is in one place and I don't have to search extensively through notebooks or confusing organizational systems.

I like that you can really transform your ideas from just a thought to reality. Notion is great for tracking goals and helps you to navigate towards your end destination. If you're using it with a team it can be a great place to build up internal knowledge bases- but the trick is keeping it updated and making sure that what you're building is something an average Joe can navigate.

Pros

Notion is a great tool to use because you can do a variety of things on the tool. Project & task management, note-taking, building knowledge deposits, I even built my own resume page about myself in Notion!

It is a functional and flexible platform that also allows the administration of databases and these can be connected to each other and also provides great value as the ability to connect information between different departments or pages helps our employees find information easily.

Cons

The mobile apps aren't 100% amazing, there are some features that I think should be more included with the free version and the price is a little high.

Confluence, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Visually, the UX was the best and building pages inside of pages is really visually pleasing.
Sven H.

Allrounder

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

All in all, Notion is top of the game when it comes to customization. No longer do you have to take an off-the-shelf software and adapt to it. With Notion, everything adapts to your needs and stays always customizable. A must for any user looking for freedom and structure at the same time when it comes to organizing your thoughts, life, project and products.

Pros

There‘s not much Notion can‘t seem to do. You can easily adjust it entirely to your liking - however, there is a pretty steep learning curve. Once you got it, though, the sky is your limit. Create as many pages as you‘d like, nest them within each other, shake up your hierarchy and even link databases onto other sites. The creative freedom concerning the hierarchy of your pages is phenomenal.

Cons

Lots of time spent getting to know Notion‘s myriad of options which results in a lot of studying early on and in a pretty steep learning curve. Luckily, there are tons of useful resources and learning videos including templates you can use and customize to your liking.
I really wish it had a better stylus/pen integration for quick and easy hand-written notes.

GoodNotes, Evernote Teams and Notability

Reasons for Choosing Notion

OneNote - especially the Class Notebook - is great for teaching when you want to provide a clear set of hierarchy to your team or students. But using it for my personal organisation just never worked for me. It was too rigid with its narrow Section Group > Section > Page > Sub-page limitation. With Notion, I can simply nest as many pages within each other as I please - which is a game changer for me.

Microsoft OneNote

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Because it‘s cross-platform and unbelievably flexible.
Kevin A.
  • Industry: Media Production

Project Manager for Life

Reviewed on 2021/08/18

I found my experience very good with notion I like everything from their real-time updates to what I use for project management and made it really easy I found myself using it all the time.

Pros

From the project management system to the real time active changing. I found myself using notion all the time for my business. I love that I can have an easy template that someone else made and and change and customize it to my business needs. I also like how quick it loads up and how universal it is for my whole team.

Cons

They're very few things I don't like about notion but if I had to be Uber critical I would say that the free version can only get you so far. I found myself wanting a lot of the features that the paid versions had but I still got a lot of good use out of the free version

Airtable and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Notion

I wanted something more visually pleasing. I wanted something that had an easy template that I could use and something that was just for the 21st century

Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Notion

From YouTube. I found myself looking at reviews and people using notion for their project management and their businesses.
Mustafa Y.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

One of the best multi-purpose project management software you can use.

Reviewed on 2021/08/06

I often use Notion as my hardware venture. I collect and prepare the contracts we will make on Notion. I create Wikis on Notion to inform the client.

I also use Notion to avoid confusion in my side projects because sometimes I forget what I'm doing and what I'm going to do. Thanks to the themes it offers, I can create pages in a very flexible way.

On the other hand, I use Notion for personal time management, meeting notes, etc., without the need for a different application. This works great because I don't like using too many apps.

Overall I am very satisfied with Notion. I definitely recommend it.

Pros

First of all, it's great to be able to use Notion for so many different purposes.

For example, I use Notion for project management in my professional business. Because it offers many different features completely free of charge. I can share directly with my colleagues and perform simultaneous file editing. There are many different free themes. We can also use these themes by customizing, if we want, we don't even need to customize them because they are really good.

On the other hand, when you have many side projects, you want to get rid of clutter. I think this is one of the best apps you can do. Because it gives you the opportunity to add pages easily, customize the theme and add many features to your page quickly.

You can also use it for your personal business. For example, I helped my girlfriend prepare a timetable on Notion for 6 months during the exam period and we really benefited from it.

When we collect all these, we see again what a good application it actually is. Thank you Notion team.

To summarize, having regular pages, integration with many different plugins, very flexible and feature-rich plugins, having various themes (really good themes) and being able to create your own themes are very good features.

Cons

Frankly, the only feature I don't like on Notion is that sometimes we need to download files. For example, we prepare the project contract very well over Notion, but since it will be an official document, it must be of the specified type. But the pages that look great on Notion may not be so good when downloaded.

Sometimes (I'm an iPhone SE2 user) the pages I navigate in the mobile application can be deleted. It is not possible to repeat projects in areas such as metro. I would like this fixed, maybe I'm the problem.

I'm still having a download problem. This problem is in the tables. I would like the tables to be downloaded directly in Excel format.

• Industry: International Affairs

Amazing tool

Reviewed on 2021/07/27

it allowed us to create a GTD system and keep the rest of the team on track with all projects and the combination of urgent tasks across active projects to make every day productive

Pros

I liked the fact that we were able to create a fantastic GTD system (getting things done) that helps us keep track of our active projects, review tasks and collect all ideas and insights that get later categorized

Cons

their task management UI is less intuitive to use than notion, which makes us upset because it's the main reason we use notion, especially on mobile

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion

we switched because we felt constrained by the fact that the kanban system was the only way to structure a document

Reasons for Switching to Notion

cost (we're in the free tier), colleagues recommendations and perceived ease of setup
Aleksandr S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

One of tools I would not hesitate to recommend.

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

Perfect product, priced exactly as it should be.

Pros

Notions acts as a backbone of your team in a term of article storage and discussion place.
You see, it is very easy to say "a lot of systems offer article and document storage" but in reality most of them lack clean representation, simple but working hierarchy, sound way to discuss the document, comment it, and notify about the changes. More, notions allows you to attach arbitrary files and images to the document. You may even expose some pages of notion as a part of your website and they do look organic!
Tables, icons, images, backrounds, labels - it is all there.
Right you may name a lot of similar systems, but there is an distinctive thing about notions: it is concentrated on articles and information and it does that great!
Notion offers very easy to learn, fast way to create document, similar to one you may find on Medium.
We've tried a number of different approaches, including basecamp, confluence, slack, dropbox paper - notions is a clear winner.
Notions does have native application for the both desktops and mobile systems.
Notion may be integrated with a number of other products including Slack.
You may even build your website using nothing else but notion itself.
Notion requires just a bit of time to understand how much actually can be expressed with text, tables, checkboxes, labels, comments, images and files. This is revolution made using the set of a very simple things.

Cons

Here I am looking at 100min counter and having no idea what to write. The only thing what I am really scared of is that notion may attempt to change the focus and instead of master of articles become jack of all trades.
Right now it is one of the rare products I use every day without any regrets.

Dropbox Business, Basecamp and Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Notion

We were looking for an information system and notion.so does exactly that. Mind, it does not offer anything else, for instance there is no chats per se, issue trackers, planners, video conferences. Neither it should. Open youtube and search for, say, "notion.so planing things" and you will find a set of videos that shows how little you actually need to make your team or yourself perform better.

Basecamp and Confluence
Elliott W.
  • Industry: Music

The everything app

Reviewed on 2021/04/13

I keep finding new and better ways to support my workflow using Notion.
I'm currently moving my task and project management into there (using the system that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] teaches on his YouTube channel), and this is really exciting for me.

I'm a musician, teacher and conductor, and one of the great things here has been developing a database of scores and pieces, so I include data based on my own criteria, as well as just collecting links to articles and recordings etc. I was able to use it for much of the admin in teaching a band program, as well as lesson planning and assessment. A particular strength in that was an inventory of equipment, as well as the sheet music library. This was great because more details could be included specific to one type of item without cluttering up the main list of equipment. e.g. I can list how many guitars we have overall in the main list, but then within the Guitar entry include specific details on the make/model/quantity/condition within that page.

It can be a bit overwhelming and get a bit cluttered if you don't have a system. But the fact that everything is a page (including every entry in a database) means that over time you can work out what structure and system works for you, rather than one imposed on you from the outside. This is great, but it can require some thinking and time to set up. It saves you time in the long run, and can make your knowledge management (for personal, professional, or leisure use) really amazing.

Pros

The ability to make everything a database, and link relationally is so powerful, and implemented in an easy to use way. But when jumping in for the first time, you can just start with notes, images, in a familiar hierarchical setup, so it is very accessible.

You can present the databases in a table, list, board (kanban) or gallery style (probably more), and put views to each database in any page.

This has the power to do almost everything, but it's easy, reliable, it looks great and I can get it any device or web. Over time I've found new ways to use it and set it up for my daily life and workflow.

Cons

There are some minor features that I'd like to see added, but over time I have seen Notion adding features I previously wanted, plus lots I didn't know I wanted (and lots that are probably relevant to other users but not to me personally). But in terms of functionality, I wouldn't bother listing them here, because I am pretty sure that the main ones will eventually be added!

In terms of interface, the support for on screen keyboard on Windows, and sometimes typing things in on Android can be inconsistent and annoying. I'd love to see features to add in ink drawings or annotate images, so that I can use my stylus on my windows convertible laptop more easily. This would probably remove the last couple of use cases for OneNote that I have.

Ricardo O.

The ultimate make-it-your-own knowledge system

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

Notion works well as an organizer of all things knowledge. In our school we use it to organize term and weekly planning, as a bookmark manager, and also to publish certain content for students in a "fenced" environment.
This app can easily replace many other apps if the user knows what their specific needs are.

Highly recommended.

Pros

Flexibility: Notion can be whatever you want it to be. Some folk use it to take notes, other people find it a great meeting organizer. I use it as a master database of all things work and personal: tasks, notes, calendar reminders, bookmark manager... You can program it to suit your needs. It is highly advisable to model in paper what is it that you want from Notion.

Cons

Notion is a very closed ecosystem. I would love it to synchronize with Google Calendar or for it to talk nicely. to Gmail. Not an option right now.
The calendar view can benefit from a "weekly" or "agenda" view.
Offline work is still a work in progress.
Can become difficult to use if databases are not planned properly.

Milica S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Fantastic for personal and professional use

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

After using it for a week, I have texted almost all of my friends and partners to recommend it with a comment: "trust me, you don't know you need this tool" as I was thrilled to discover it. As someone who was using every single organizing tool under the Sun, I'd say there's nothing more flexible, user-friendly, and smarter than Notion. I am beyond grateful to the creators of this product, can't recommend it enough.

Pros

1. Great flexibility - it allows you to custom your pages however you want, it's like all its competitors in one! Whether you need standard tables, text, mood board, project management tools, task lists, Notion has it all

2. Shortcuts and links for everything - once you become an advanced user, you'll finish your work faster you could ever imagine, as it has shortcuts for every action. You can also link pages, and pull out the data from one page to another, which is incredibly important when you're managing projects & people

3. Perfect for both personal and private use - I store my reading lists, to do's, home binder, and run my company in the same app

4. Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software.

Cons

I would like it to be encrypted, and by far this is the only disadvantage I've found.

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Notion

It didn't have all my company needs, I wanted a solution with more options in terms of visual presentation, linking data, type and number of uploads, etc.

Reasons for Switching to Notion

It's just slightly better than trello, but nowhere near to Notion.
Daniel W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Notion: The Best FREE Note-taking software to date!

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Ultimately, I would recommend Notion to anyone in an instant. It has a suite of features, user-friendly UI and organisation benefits. Furthermore, the personal subscription recently became free for everyone and the business prices are reasonable, giving people no reason not to use Notion. I believe that Nation can fit into many workflows very easily due to its plethora of features.

Pros

Notion is absolutely brimming with useful features and is the Swiss army knife of note-taking applications.

The overall software is so minimalistic and intuitive to use that I personally learnt it within a few days. The whole software revolves around using "/ " to create blocks and edit text; for example, a /toggle would create a toggle block which acts as a dot point except that you can hide/show it. This makes the learning curve of notion virtually non-existent and creates unparalleled flexibility in the structure and style. I find that the simple and uncluttered UI helps clear my mind and focus on the current task.

The data management is superb with extensive sorting, classification and customisation features for the spreadsheet and databases functions. The timeline features are also an extremely welcome addition in the recent updates and allow for the seamless moving of date-specific records.

There are countless useful templates as well which certainly help give me ideas about what I wanted my Notion notes to look like.

Cons

Some features make little sense and unfortunately cannot be disabled. One of these issues occurs when clicking on a page in a table and it opens up as a tiny square and you need to press "Open as page," to make the page full screen. This is just a small annoyance and is honestly not that big of a deal.

Another lacking feature is the scarce customisation options for text formatting however there are solutions to this through Google Text Fonts. There are also a few limitations of the free Personal Plan but if you needed the full collaborative features of Notion, your company would usually pay for that.

The offline mode for Notion is frankly quite bad as you have to preload the pages when you have internet beforehand. Otherwise, your notes would be inaccessible. However, this isn't at all a deal-breaker as there is usually internet everywhere. Notion has also indicated that they are focusing on this problem for future updates. The mobile app is also sluggish at times but it is mostly alright.

The ultimate knowledge sharing tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/21

I tried Notion first with it came out. I did not made the switch from Evernote, my personal "knowledge base" at the time. Then I gave it a second chance after seeing it being used by productivity experts and was actually amazed. My personal workflows changed from day one. I could not stop thinking into turning more parts of my life into ordered processes. I dumped my yearly account on Evernote right away. Then I pushed it to be used in my new founded company. We managed to organize ALL the company inside Notion. I continue to be impressed

Pros

The product is just right. They got it at a somewhat unexpectedly hard problem: note taking is not about note taking, but about mental models and processes. They got it right. They added the features those app needed, to replace whole tools categories such as project management and tracking, knowledge databases ... even no-code public site drafting! The care they put into the product is amazing, full of details. The community and templates, amazing. UX is great from onboarding.

Cons

There are some missing features. Mainly, an API to boost integrations; that will be great. Also, databases, formulas, relations ... need a few second-level yet-important features. All that is in the roadmap, so I'm happy to wait.

Kartik ahuja™ (.

Best Brain Dump & Organising tool ever!

Reviewed on 2020/07/19

All documentation went into notion; its amazingly good!

Pros

1) Create nested pages, tables, etc - you can go as deep as you want
2) It has a VERY good and easy to use mobile app
3) It has replaced my google drive (not sheets - yet), Evernote, todoist, local notes, anything random that used to go anywhere else
4) I was even able to create a lot of linked database that works well
5) I started just for personal but enjoyed dumping all my brain thoughts here, it made it very good to capture more thoughts around business too; then moved the company docs and wikis; then right now moving the tasks for the team

and Dark mode, lol - and good pricing with unlimited storage

Cons

1) Increasing the speed of opening pages on mobile and desktop apps
2) i would love to see an offline version too
3) Sometimes the sync is slow - if i have made the change in mobile; it wont reflect instantly in the desktop app. It takes a minute or two, or sometimes reloading the page

Megan B.
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 2+ years

Notion is a great tool to organize just about anything

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

I use Notion to plan blog posts, collect research, make notes and save webpages. It has almost fully replaced evernote for me. I really love the mobile app and can see this tool developing further so it will be an all in one go to tool for organizing and planning.

Pros

You can organize your entire life using Notion, your work, study and home life can all be taken care of within Notion. You can replace so many other tools with this one tool that runs on your computer or phone. There is heaps of templates to get you started such as calendars, to do lists, meeting notes, saved websites and much more.

Cons

There could be a bit more of a similar way to bookmark webpages like evernote but this functionality is developing.

Milanote and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Because it was cheaper and there is other things I can do using Notion that evernote doesn't offer, evernote is more to save webpages and make notes for me but Notion has a range of other features.

Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Because it has so many options and templates. I like the layout. I still use some of the other tools but I don't really need to when I have notion.