Showing 32 reviews of 21

Brittany B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Best Remote Administration Software Yet

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

I love this product. It works extra great when I am traveling for work and need to get onto my desktop for a file or something.

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is the flexibility with the workflow between the users. You can see who is using the log ins and who isn't. Being able to also use the mouse share and be able to use it smoothly, is awesome as well.

Cons

When connecting from home, rather than the hub spot at my office, the connection can be a bit slower than normal.

Sylvia M.

Great software

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

This is the best software. It allows me to take a day off without falling behind on my work.

Pros

The thing I love about this software is that I can connect to my desktop from anywhere that has WiFi.

Cons

There is not a thing that I dont like about this software. This is one of my favorite software's. It's great.

Linda S.

Easy Way to Access Your Computer Remotely

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

It provides a nice option to access a computer remotely.

Pros

It provides an easy way to access my client's computer.

Cons

I switch between printing to my printer and printing to a PDF. It's a little cumbersome to pick your print driver before each use, but that would be my biggest complaint.

Christine S.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great Software helped me through difficult times at work

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Excellent

Pros

I love this software, can't expect more efficient than this, it has no difference than using your own desktop at work, i have been through rough situations with my family that prevented me to be physical at work, this software helped me to access all my documents and desktop and worked from home. This didn't affect my productivity at all.

Cons

being compatible with certain software or computers

Joe G.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good Product But Too Expensive

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

My experience with GoToMyPC wasn't a bad one, it just became an expensive one. I still think it's a good product and company.

Pros

GoToMyPC was actually pretty simple to set up and it was great being able to access all programs, files, photos, etc. on my office computer, from anywhere I had good signal for wireless cellular and/or Wi-Fi.

Cons

I loved GoToMyPC for the first year or two. But then they started getting more expensive and we opened a new office in another town, so we were required to buy another license to connect to that office computer. So, I started looking for an alternative.

Harley D.

Remote Connectivity

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Allows one proprietary program to be used on multiple computers.

Pros

As I have a full time estimator utilizing my software on my server on a regular basis and he does not live in the same State, this remote connectivity allows him to run a proprietary program from my server on his computer.

Cons

Cost has gone up recently and if there are connectivity issues on either end it can be slow and jumpy.

Wendy H.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Too much money

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Pros

It was easy to use and navigate worked good

Cons

Way over priced it went from 99 yr to 500 a yr with out noticed i have another program for a fraction of the cost that is just as easy and good to use

Does the trick but leaves a little to be desired

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

It does what it needs to and has some great features (files transfers, as an example), but given the pricing and the alternatives that are out there, I'd love to see some of the challenges get tackled down the road (primarily in the realm of latency and RAM usage).

Pros

Once installed, it's a turn key solution to allow for remote desktop access. We used these on windows machines and it made it quite easy to access from wherever we were.

Cons

I found that there was a lot of latency at times and there was quite often a need to restart the session as the keyboard would go unresponsive.

Robert S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

pricing for personal is misleading

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Pros

remote access is easy. facilitates business when travelling

Cons

on the website "personal" pricing is listed at $44/month for "one user with one or more computers to access"
when i recently added a second computer to my single user account i was billed 44 * 2 = 88 which is not what the website says
a simple change on the website to $44/month/per computer would have been clearer

Ross Y.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A good solution for enterprise, too expensive for personal use

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

I've used it for a while until I came across with TeamViewer and decided to switch. Overall Gotomypc is definitely a robust remote connectivity solution, but the pricing and the outdated UI makes it not the first choice for many people.

Pros

1. It delivers on what it promises - you can log in to a remote computer and work on it with minimal lag.
2. The connection is usually very stable and once you get familiar with the SW, it becomes a second nature to use.
3. It's one of the industry veterans, so the solution is pretty robust and reliable.

Cons

1. Feels so 1990... Everything looks and feels a little old-school, starting from their website and to the actual software UI. Some would not be bothered by graphics, though.
2. Pricing is not intended for personal use - if you just want to help out your parents, use TeamViewer. This is clearly targeted at enterprise with deep pockets.
3. Not as versatile as TeamViewer, lacks features like having one-time passwords for quick one-off remote sessions.

Christian P.

Work from home with ease

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Great product, easy to use. no speed issues, great multi user discounts.

Pros

Makes working from home during covid 19 times an ease even with multiple screens. It's secure with dual authentication.

Cons

I do not really have anything to complain about. Its a great product and that is why me and my staff currently use.

James E.

The cost is outrageous

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

It was a good product but they raised the prices 500% and then offer you a deal to pay half, which is still 200% more then what you were originally paying.

Pros

Simple setup. Simple to run. Multiple computer access.

Cons

I really never had any issues with software itself but the price increase makes the product not worth it.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Gotomypc the best remote control software on the market now

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

We have allowed some user to remotely connect to office computers from home. It was really helpfull during couple snow storms last weinter

Pros

The software is pretty easy to configure. You need to install client on host machine and do very simple configuration. To connect to machine you simple use the browser login with your username and password, choose a computer from the list if you have many and you age good to go. Pretty easy to connect both form Mac and PC, and very seamless for user with limited computer experience

Cons

Sometimes client lost connection to the server, and you receive a message that computer is offline. I have two of those occurrences, but customer service representative advice me how to resolve those problem s quickly. Otherwise, it was pretty easy to use.

• Industry: Insurance

Pretty Solid and Easier than most

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Overall it really isn't that bad and is a solid option if you're doing the VM route.

Pros

1. How easy it is to login into a computer
2. I like that it has a passcode when you try to connect to a computer.
3. You can add a shortcut to it onto your desktop.
4. You don't actually have to install anything onto your computer, just a launcher. So if you're in a predicament where you don't have admin rights to install on your PC at work, this actually works out.

Cons

Maybe because I don't have this installed onto my desktop (I am not even sure if you can) but I launch this from my browser but I feel like its a bit of a drag to login and then launch from browser. (Maybe it's just my license?)

Michael M.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

I was very disappointment when my company stopped using this software

Reviewed on 2020/01/11

Nothing but great things to say. I’m sorry I don’t use this software anymore.

Pros

Ease of use. Very dependable. User friendly. Little to no problems.

Cons

I loved this software. I mostly work from the office and my company provided me with a less costly alternative.

Debbie M.

Good But Expensive

Reviewed on 2020/05/03

Good except Pricing

Pros

Worked well, secure, good tech support just got too expensive

Cons

They raised their prices almost triple!!! From about $500/year for 4 employees to over $1500. Ridiculous.

Great remote application

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

This is a great way to log in to computers if you operate a business with multiple locations.

Pros

GoToMyPC is a great software platform for remotely logging into your desktop or laptop as it is easy to use and works well.

Cons

The interface of GoToMyPC does not look fresh and appears outdated compared to alternative applications.

Sonya C.

Could be better

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

There are better applications out there. Would not recommend.

Pros

This product is fairly easy to use. There is a file transfer option which would be useful if my company allowed for file transfers to personal computers.

Cons

The application is slow and laggy even with high-speed internet on both ends (local and connected computer). This makes working remotely very frustrating. Sometimes restarting the application helps, but not every time. Connecting to a computer with multiple screens using a MAC is clunky. Unless you are in full screen, you cannot access buttons on the top portion of the screen.