ParentSquare

1,5
Industry: Education Management

Confusingggggg!

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

I'm sure there are good intentions and plans for this app, but it's not currently user friendly and hope that is a focal point of developers.

Pros

The apps is good for educators to send communications to parents and students via smartphone. The pop up notifications allow for instant knowledge that a new announcement has been posted.

Cons

Using the apps is extremely confusing and not user friendly. Participating in polls, or "liking" posts and making reactions was impossible for me to figure out (I still can't do it and I consider myself pretty tech savvy). Forms from the app couldn't be completed on my smart phone, I had to log onto the computer to do it which defeated the purpose.

Response from ParentSquare

I'm sorry you're frustrated by the ParentSquare app! The app is one of many ways parents, teachers, students and staff can access everything from district announcements to one-to-one messaging with teachers, for multiple schools, and multiple districts.

For posts you should be able to click the HEART icon next to the post title to appreciate it right from the list view.

Or you can open the message, and scroll to the bottom, click Appreciate on the right hand side. I wonder what OS version you're running - if it's recent, these instructions should be valid.

Polls - we do have a built in survey tool that's pretty straightforward, but not all schools or districts use it - some will link to an external site. Since schools have so many varied forms for enrollment, address verification, media releases, covid-19 health screening, they can be complex on mobile. I'd love to know more details as we're constantly improving the platform based on feedback.

- Paula and the ParentSquare Team

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Maria F.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A mess

Reviewed on 2020/08/23

Pros

I do not like anything about it, I wish we were not forced to use this.

Cons

As a parent using this, this platform is a mess. Was difficult to install, has not synced my kids’ information correctly, and I can’t edit anything. If there is a problem, I have to call the school and ask them to fix it, versus being able to edit my own profile. The customer support was not helpful, either. I REALLY dislike this software.

Response from ParentSquare

I'm sorry that you've had trouble getting your account set up! ParentSquare synchronizes with each school's internal student information database, containing details provided by families (on forms, during enrollment, etc.).

Your details come from the student database to make sure only actual parents and guardians are registered and student privacy is maintained. It sounds like your school(s) doesn't allow changes in ParentSquare which is very common -if they make the changes in the school database, ParentSquare will automatically update after the daily sync.

I'm sorry if you reached out to us and didn't get the help you wanted: school administrators are actually the point of contact for parents. Our Support team is geared to support the schools, especially as we're not authorized to change any contact details: only schools can, to maintain security.

We do have FAQs for parents here: http://blog.parentsquare.com/blog/2020/7/15/help-please-frequently-asked-parent-questions

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10