Pluralsight Skills

4,5
John H.

Integrate Pluralsight Training Into Your Experts Path

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

My experience over the past few years with Pluralsight is very good. I plan to always have a subscription. This is just a necessary item in the IT industry. The courses are very consistent and high quality with very good authors. Every day several new courses are released and usually, there is one I need to watch as part of my training program.

Pros

I get up early every day and watch courses on Pluralsight for one hour. I have been doing this for several years. For the subjects that I am interested in (IT, Cloud, Software, DevOps), their courses are first class. I also take the Pluralsight IQ tests on a regular basis in 30 different areas to review my skill set and help me find areas that I need to spend more time with. The number of courses available on Pluralsight is amazing. You could spend your entire life and not watch all of them.

Cons

The iPhone app constantly requires reauthentication which means usually I cannot watch an offline course unless I also have Internet. This is a difficulty on the train where there is no signal.

Paula M.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Enhancing Learning Experiences with Pluralsight

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

As a company, we use the Pluralsight platform to create learning paths for onboarding new employees and continue the learning experience for existing employees. This enables us to identify areas to encourage a learning culture and support employee development.

I appreciate the constant notification of updates to course material and enhancements. It displays the dedication Pluralsight has in providing updated material in a fast past field and in turn helps me to communicate with the users to ensure they are aware of updates beneficial to their needs.

The staff is quick in response time and displays an earnest interest in helping our company focus on where we want to be in with our Learning and Development platform.

Pros

The software provides an easy tool to identify learning paths for our employees and tailor them to the level of the employee's experience. It is well organized, easy to navigate and allows the employee access for continuous learning at their own pace. It also provides them with access to other areas of development outside of their current roles.

We appreciate the analytics that allows us the opportunity to evaluate the progress and effort put forth in the usage of the product. We also appreciate the available tools to identify skill levels.

We appreciate the new content that is continually being added and the visibility as to when the courses were created.

Cons

Using Pluralsight has been a good experience for our company and we haven't encountered any unfavorable aspects when working with the software.

Kyle F.

Pluralsight has too much

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/02/23

Pros

Tons of topics on varying levels of understanding. Has filled my needs for any niche technology I'm currently looking into.

Cons

Too many topics can sometimes be a bad thing. The quality is very varied and unfocused. Many of my colleagues love this service but it isnt for me

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Nathan B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

I LOVE Pluralsight

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

I am in the love group for Pluralsight, I absolutely love the interface and product it offers.

Pros

I am definitely in the love group when it comes to Pluralsight! Anytime I am in a situation where I don't understand a feature of a new software (or an old software that I thought I had mastered), I jump onto Pluralsight, find the module I need, and can quickly learn what I need to know. I owe Pluralsight a lot of praise for how much it has gotten me at my job.

Cons

There are some new software products on the market, that Pluralsight doesn't have trainings for, that I wish it did.

Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Pluralsight is my "goto" resource for video training on technical subjects

Reviewed on 2020/02/09

Keeping up with ever changing technology is very difficult, Pluralsight makes it tolerable to learn new content in a fun and engaging way.

Pros

The vast brethren of available computer courses is amazing on Pluralsight. There are literally thousands of courses to choose from, including old technologies and cutting edge-new technologies. The courses are all professionally done and I haven't found one yet that wasn't worth watching.

Cons

The content is mainly technically focused. On some other learning sites (like Lynda.com) there are some non-technical courses available (soft skills like presenting or public speaking for instance).

Charles P.

Great Learning Experiences

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

I like the changes that they have been implementing to address user experience issues and simplify usage.

Pros

I love that you can take pre-assessment testing to understand what you don't know and that the offer suggestions on what to watch/study to help fill those gaps. I also love that I can get a variety of offerings on a similar topic so that I understand more view points.

Cons

I see confusion around the differences of Roles, Paths, etc.

Jacek C.
Industry: Information Services
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Gives competitive edge to my career

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Listening to the courses gave me inspiration as well as great tips that often helped me reach highier levels of my career as a Software Engineer.

Pros

Knowledge is easily accessible through high quality content.

Cons

Leaves me a bit without a tool to plan long term - I used OneNote and Evernote for few years to keep track of past/in-progress/planned courses - I've given up a bit and got used to Channels - although they get a bit hard to use after exceeding 20-30 items on a list.

Neil J.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Quality tech courses for everyone

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Have been using it for years and have learned a lot

Pros

The download and learning check features

Cons

Most courses are entry level, I would like more advanced/specialized courses

Industry: Education Management

Best Way to Learn on the Go!

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Pros

I love the portability! I can access Pluralsight everywhere I go; on my phone, tablet, and on web browsers. I enjoy many of the features, my favorite one being that I can download the course onto my devices. Pluralsight is an amazing study tool, I've passed two certification exams thanks to the great courses!

Cons

I wish that there was an auto-play option for web browsers.

Shelby G.

What a Fantastic Tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Pros

The library of content, features list, and the fact that many of the courses meet requirements for certification is a phenomenal benefit. I would highly recommend Pluralsight to any organization looking for training options for staff.

Cons

As with many mature softwares, maybe a bit too feature rich, but in no way a concern!

Gilbert S.

Content well organized

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Overall my experience with PluralSight has been very positive.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the PluralSight Web Site interface. That allows me to quickly search courses and add them to a Custom created Learning Channel. The course content is well organized and well broken up into manageable sections.

Cons

I have been fortunate that only a few courses the presenters audio was sort of difficult to make out. I had to turn on Close Captioning. One thing that I have noticed a little, that would definitely quickly cause me concern is not having available the latest content.

Josh S.

Use Pluralsight for All Tech Skill Needs

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

We have 1300+ technologists with a plethora of skill needs. Pluralsight offers top tier content and interactive exercises delivered by industry-leading instructors.

Pros

Pluralsight has a vast, amazing library of content. Whatever your IT needs are, you'll find high-quality content.

Cons

I'd like Pluralsight to be my silver bullet. I want content on soft skills in the same source to make my life easier.

Andrew S.

Good Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

I have managed to upgrade my skills and track my progress

Pros

The features that I love most are:
- Skills Assessment - which is a test that you take when beginning a study path and you can take again along the way to assess your progress.

Cons

It is very difficult to manage different learning paths

Aram K.

Great Learning Platform for People working in Technology

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Overall, I have had great experience with the Pluralsight content and I think all software teams will benefit from doing their courses

Pros

I like the variety of the content related to software and programming. They also publish new content on newly released technologies and trending ones pretty much on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes, if you are looking for deep-dive learning in particular concepts like software architecture, specially more modern architectures, you will find there are gaps in the content

Dong H.
Industry: Human Resources

Very Good learning system

Will keep using

Pros

can find out many courses you want to learn

Cons

In the course, is it possible to allow the students to search on a topic and start to learn a piece or a demo to only focus on what they the need

Sarthak S.
Industry: Retail

Food, Cloth, House and Pluralsight - A Basic need

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Anyone and everyone wanting to jump or just at the shallow end of the technological ocean must use PS to fast track their knowledge base. I personally developed a completely new integration system, without any business cost, at an enterprise level just with the videos of PS. It is that amazing of a guide.

Pros

The sheer volumes and varied contents of PS is amazing. The ease of use of the web player and the slick offline player.

Cons

Keyboard shortcuts on the player could be better.

Robert O.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great Resource, Quality Teachers and Many Topics

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/19

We use Pluralight as a benefit to our employees. The company provides access to this services and it is helping us get certifications and sharpen our skills for the business, professionally and personally.

Pros

I like the search ability and detailed descriptions. Whether I'm curious or need serious information, I can find the title to help me accomplish that goal.

Cons

It is not optimized for Mobile use. For me I struggled to review a course or sometimes start the course while using the mobile app. Some of that may have been signal related, but some additional work to optimize for mobile delivery may be required.

Jason S.
Industry: Automotive

Awesome online training

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

I hope my employer continues to allow us to purchase it each year, it is a value added tool that we use constantly.

Pros

I can access it anywhere and download trainings while I am out of cell or wireless range.

Cons

The library can sometimes get overwhelming and dialing in what I want to see sometimes I miss new videos or other videos that might benefit me.

John E.
Industry: Information Services

Pluralsight is great for the entire team

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Pros

Pluralsight is great for the entire team. I sometimes as the Architect get requests out of left field and learning a new technology we need to evaluate or integrate with Pluralsight is invaluable in getting both basic and detailed info on a wide range of topics. It's great to roll out to a team of developers or QA as well.

Cons

I don't see a way to add it to my smart TV

Mary P.

Pluralsight review

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Great. The instructor is an excellent teacher.

Pros

Well organized to follow the paths/channels that I am interested in.

Cons

Possibly dated material for Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching track which is from 2016. With the pace of technology changes anticipate this is not the latest in Cisco information although the fundamentals will certainly apply.

Mark A.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Invaluable Tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Pros

In a constantly changing technology landscape, this is a great tool to keep up. You can get the big picture or go in depth on just about any software technology.

Cons

There is so much content, sometimes it can be hard to narrow down what you're looking for, but Pluralsight has been doing an excellent job to help curate the content.

Nathan M.

Learning Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Pluralsight helped onboard me to a new job with a new company in record time. I feel confident about my skills, and have already taken on projects using the learned skills.

Pros

Pluralsight has made my transition into this position seamless. Their learning paths provide straightforward, well, paths for the concepts necessary to each concept. With course code examples provided, interactive discussions with the course instructors, and fully interactive courses, it provides a learning environment for everyone.

Cons

Some of the courses are getting a little long in the tooth, but they've been replacing many very recently.

Graham F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great Tool for Training

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Pros

Ease of navigation and the quality of the courses if great. It is a valuable tool for helping to train staff or letting them grow their knowledge in technical areas of interest.

Cons

More Google management courses or healthcare IT related courses would be appreciated.

Frans V.
Company size: Self Employed

Bring the training at your home. It is very affordable

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/11/01

For the price of an half day of class room training, you get access to a whole breadth of IT related trainings. Some of them are really great.

Pros

Many subjects available. Can watch video's whenever I like

Cons

Lots of high level overview trainings (e.g. on Azure Data Platform). I find it hard to find more focused, concrete trainings

Sheila A.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Excellent quality courses!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/12/19

The courses offered allow the user to stay on top of trends in their industry. This subscription is well worth the cost to my company. It is so much easier to take one of your classes than to attend an onsite training program.

Pros

These courses are a cut above the competitors (e.g. Lynda.com, etc.). The variety and depth of courses offered make it easy to determine which courses are right for your career path and interests. Well done!

Cons

Not every course comes with a downloadable outline. Would make it easier on the student.