SMARTcare

Complete home care platform for agencies of all sizes

4,7
4,9
4,8
4,8
4,6
Mark W.

Smartcare

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team helped me set up my first VA client, we invoices on Tuesday and were paid the following Friday. 10 days to get paid by the VA unheard of. Great process, great product.

Pros

Ease of use for both admin and field. Scheduleing, payroll, billing and on boarding are all a dream

Cons

Could be better in the client set up with tasks, multilingual app would help

Response from SMARTcare Software

We are pleased that you are taking advantage of everything included with SMARTcare's platform for agency management and growth. We recently enhanced task management making it easy to set up tasks, manage them globally across multiple clients and assignable by client type, shift type or caregiver role. On the app. we have made tasks and reporting simple to navigate for caregivers, clients and their family members. Thank you again for your feedback and your business. We look forward to your continued success.

Cassandra K.

Team Love Homecare Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

As a whole, I am very pleased with the program and I understand that some of the changes I've suggested may not be applicable or realistic without a lot of work on their part. My staff has been very happy with the app overall and the only complaint they've had is the location issues. We will be continuing to use the program long term, and we highly recommend it to others.

Pros

I like that I can access the software via multiple venues and that it is mostly easy to use on all of them. Generally speaking, when we've reached out to SmartCares customer service with ideas on how to make the software better, they always accomodate our requests.

Cons

There are a few ideas which I've extended to the development team that have not been implemented yet, such as the ability to delete messages, changing the two week task history to the two week notes history, making the staff able to view notes that are updated in the system rather then creating a PDF which needs to be manually uploaded, the ability to see the notes when clicking on the shift as an administrator instead of just showing the paperclip on the notes, location issues, the ability to cancel a shift from the app, availablity to extend indefiently, and giving the ability to text other staff directly from the app.

Response from SMARTcare Software

Thank you for your feedback. We are passionate about taking our customer's feedback and turning out new functionality they requested. Some of the items suggested were already part of SMARTcare like message deleting, caregiver availability settings, and in App texting. The others we have actioned with our development team and have been added to the live application including App two-week shift note and App shift canceling. We really appreciate your suggestions and work hard to implement enhancement requests as quickly as possible to support our customers. Keep new ideas coming - that is what SMARTcare is all about. We thrive on continuing to help our customers succeed. Thank you for your feedback.

Stephanie H.

First Time Scheduling System User

Reviewed on 2020/11/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall this has been a great organizational tool with scheduling and an easy system to train different staff members on. The employees seem to have a great experience with the app and having all the vital information they need to perform their jobs efficiently! We look forward to the new developments that SMARTcare will continue to create and utilizing them in our daily scheduling.

Pros

This product has a variety of different features and tools. I do have to say that our company doesn't even use all the features it has, that is because they have thought of so many options that SMARTcare Software would be beneficial to many companies. You can customize this system to fit your needs and that is just what we did! We worked with the SMARTcare team to develop a way for our Human Resources and Payroll systems to merge with SMARTcare to limit the manual labor between all the system and to cut down on any errors that could occur. This frees up our office staff to be able to focus on the clients and staff training! It makes scheduling easy as staff can view everything from their schedules to information on their clients right on the app.

Cons

There are very little things so far for cons that we have. We would like to see a calendar view of our clients schedule in a PDF version that we can send to clients and families so they know what caregivers to expect and at what times. Our account rep has ensured us that this is coming very soon! Its nice to know that when they receive suggestions they really do listen and try to make it happen.

Lindsey K.

Montana

Reviewed on 2020/02/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

When searching for software companies, I felt when speaking with Bill, he was the most accommodating to my schedule, thorough and listened to my every need. I needed everything to be easy for my caregivers to navigate and communicate with the office.
The support team has been great to work with when they aren't busy doing other things on their end.
We have hit a few road blocks along the way and everyone jumps on board and gets it figured out in a timely manner.

Pros

The app messaging and the caregivers being able to request shifts have been a big help to our company

Cons

There are multiple steps to everything that doesn't make a lot easy. You have to input information in four or five different "pages" to be able to complete one task. Frustrating and confusing at times.

Not having telephony voice messages for families to hear is a very hard adjustment not to have. That was a big differentiator with the previous software company.

Response from SMARTcare Software

Thank you for your feedback, we take pride in knowing our customers by name and deeply understanding their business. It's great to see that you are already leveraging SMARTcare's scheduling and messaging functionality to improve communications with caregivers. SMARTcare has a number of unique features and voice messaging for families is included this spring along with other unique to SMARTcare feature additions. We really appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to work together with you and your team to ensure the success and growth of your agency.

Melody A.

I thank God for SMARTcare

Reviewed on 2020/08/01

Pros

I am so grateful for Smart Care! The solution has made my business start up so easy. I get compliments on how professional and organize my new business appears due to Smart Care. I love the fact that you can speak to the developer and he will take your recommendations or suggestions into consideration. I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done without the software.

Cons

For our company, I would have to say I the ticketing process. However when I signed up I was assigned an onboarding specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. If I have a quick question I normally just send her a text or call her directly. I have found this to be very helpful. She normally gets back to me immediately.

Response from SMARTcare Software

Thank you for your feedback, we are excited to hear of the positive impact SMARTcare has had helping your business. It's our goal, our team works hard to ensure our solution is individually tailored to meet the unique needs of each of our customer partners, thank you for sharing your positive experience. Connecting with our customers is a key value of SMARTcare. We are happy to hear your account manager was able to help answer your question quickly. Our Account Managers set SMARTcare apart as your partner in the system set up and ongoing support well after go-live and also in the growth of your business helping ensure your partners leverage the SMARTcare platform to its fullest. Thank you for your review and your business. We wish you continued growth and success!

Durrand A.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A true business partner...

Reviewed on 2020/02/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Exceptional...Working with SMARTcare is like having our own IT Department, but without the cost. SMARTcare has been a true partner.

Pros

Solutions are very intuitive, easy to use and navigate. I have access to the capabilities and configuration(s) I need, when I need it, in a form that make the complexities of home care to manage and automate with ease: client and staff management or scheduling, care plan develpment,management and tracking, key business and operations KPI access and assessment all done real-time from my laptop, cell phone or tablet via the SMARTcare App. The "Dashboard" gives me real-time visibility of all my caregivers and clients in one place so that I can monitor activity, identify and manage risk and maximize the efficiency of my agency.

As we've grown, SMARTcare has allowed me to do more with limited resources, allowing me to save money on back-office operations with integrated scheduling, billing, invoicing and payroll.

Cons

No software solution is perfect and over the last two years there have been a few bumps in the road, some system specific issues, as well as some challenges due to industry changes and advancement. Every step of the way SMARTcare has been a true partner in how they have approached these challenges. In many cases suggestions I and/or our Staff has made, problems we've encountered or opportunities presented were addressed by SMARTcare literally overnight. This is a company that believes in partnering with their customers and it shows.

Christine S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Caregivers love the mobile feature

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

Our aides and nurses love the electronic features. It eliminate paper and trips to the office.

Pros

Very inclusive software. From on boarding, scheduling, EVV, billing, and much more. Our home care company is almost paperless!

Cons

Inability for the RNs to do assessments offline and transmit later.

Response from SMARTcare Software

We are pleased you are taking full advantage of SMARTcare's system and it's intuitive easy to use mobile point of care functionality. SMARTcare was made to remove all that paper and improve operations with complete front and back-office functionality (HR, CRM, scheduling, revenue cycle management, invoicing, and payroll) Electronic Visit Verification, engagement portals, and mobile point-of-care caregiver Apps that you are using. We cotinine to release new enhancements and will have that additional functionality available shortly. Thank you for your feedback. It's customers just like you that drive the continual evolution of SMARTcare and we look forward to hearing more about your success with SMARTcare.

Steve T.

Long-Time user

Reviewed on 2019/12/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

SMARTcare is customized for the home care industry. It's very easy to train new users how to use the system.

Cons

Years ago, there were very few management reports available, however, they continue to add new reporting and are always looking to users for their input on what new reports are needed. Great improvement!

Response from SMARTcare Software

We appreciate your positive feedback and love hearing from our customers. The platform allows full customization to meet each individual agency's unique workflow requirements. Our analytics suite now includes over 65 standard reports. If there is a unique reporting need you can now build that in the system.

Greg S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

SmartCare-An affordable alternative to your scheduling needs

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

A great scheduling tool with multi-functional uses

Pros

The scheduling software is very user-friendly

Cons

Integration with other applications and interfacing

Response from SMARTcare Software

Hello Greg! Thank you for taking the time to write this review - we really appreciate your feedback! I am really glad to hear that the platform has been helpful in giving you and your team the home care tools you need at an affordable price. We continue to add integrations regularly taking direction from our customers. If you have a specific request feel free to send me an email and we can talk about getting it done. Thank you again for being a SMARTcare customer. - Ashtyn

Joirdan D.

Great Software Hands Down

Reviewed on 2020/11/09

It seems like the SMARTcare team is always evolving and adding new features and integrations to make things easier for us. Any time we have needed them to add something for us they have done so and in a timely manner. Our employees have no problems using it which makes everything a lot easier for us.

Pros

We have been using this software for a little over a year and love it. It is very user friendly and the SMARTcare team will do anything to help you which is great!

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything I dislike about this software.

Response from SMARTcare Software

Joirdan. Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that SMARTcare is working so well for you. Our team works hard to give our customers the best customer service in the home care industry. I am so happy to see you are experiencing it. Best of continued success as you grow your business! - Scott

Joanna M.

Caring Companions Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Very happy.

Pros

Visually, this software program is amazing. I thought learning a new software would have been difficult. I love this program.

Cons

I wish I could get more immediate resolution to a glitch/learning curve issue.

Response from SMARTcare Software

Hi Joanna. Thank you for taking the time to write to give us a review - we really appreciate your feedback! Our passion is to make the software intuitive and easy to use and we are pleased to see that you're getting the most out of it. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. We continue to add resources and tools to ensure quick responses and faster adoption. Many thanks for being a SMARTcare customer. - Jarica

Jacqueline P.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Business Changing Software!

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Every step from inquiry to launch has been smooth and informational.

Pros

SMARTcare has exceeded my expectations. It is so user friendly from admin to caregiver to client. It provided more features than I had thought possible. I do not need to keep any paper files and am able to use SMARTcare for every need my agency has. It makes staffing a breeze and makes sure I am aware immediately if a caregiver has not shown up to their scheduled shift. It allows clients and their family to see the most up to date schedule and what care is being provided. I could go on and on. This software has saved me from hours a day doing tedious busywork to being able to spend that time marketing my company.

Cons

I have found absolutely nothing that I do not like. I am more impressed every time I use it and find a new feature that will save me time.

Response from SMARTcare Software

Hi Jacqueline, We are really pleased to see the difference SMARTcare is making with your home care agency. Everyone at SMARTcare works hard to make your life easier running your agency. Great to see that you are seeing the results and that we are exceeding your expectations. We look forward to continuing to help you grow! - Scott