The Rosemark System

Home care platform for managing administrative operations

4,8
4,6
4,4
4,6
4,9
Debbie H.

Customer Service is Key

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

We began using Rosemark 10 years ago when we were a small company. Rosemark and their outstanding team of programmers, tech supporter and owners have been an integral part of our growth.

Pros

The software is user friendly. The mobile applications are easy and convenient. The reporting systems interact with Word and Excel seamlessly. The notifications are accurate and can be set to multiple users. The thing that sets it apart from the others is the customer service at Rosemark.

Cons

When I have had issues with the software, I have called Rosemark and the problems are fixed. After 9 years of use, they have not failed once to address my concerns.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Debbie, thank you for the review. Your input has been invaluable over the years its worth celebrating our great partnership! We have learned so much from you!!

Shelley B.

Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Scheduling has become so much more efficient since we started using the Rosemark System. We can build better schedules and communicate scheduling changes with our care giving team with the use of this software.

Pros

The customer support from the Rosemark Team is outstanding. No matter what questions or concerns we have, we consistently receive top rate service!
We also really appreciate the integration with QuickBooks for ease of payroll and billing!The Rosemark System has saved us hours in payroll and billing efficiencies!.

Cons

I wish more of the reports could be sent via excel to allow for agency customization. Most reports are in Word format.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Shelley, thank you for the review. Almost every piece of data can be exported to Excel for slicing and dicing to your hearts content. We also now have the Report Hub which gives you the ability to get many canned reports like payer sources with graphs. I hope you like, please let us know.

Penny S.

Honest Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

it's good when it works properly, Lately it has not been saving my work and I have to keep re adding it, sometimes multiple times.

Pros

Ease of adding Clients and Caregivers, and canceling shifts.

Cons

needs more options instead of just Refused shift for the caregiver, need to add Request off, Vacation, working other job.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Hi Penny,

I'm sorry you've been experiencing frustration with the system. We'd like to investigate your issue further, someone from our support department will be reaching out to you shortly. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to give us a call.

David

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jill S.

Flexible System for accurate Scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

This system provided the billing and payroll flexibility we needed at the time we converted. Since that time we have been overwhelmed by the outstanding customer support we have received. They continue to enhance the system capabilities, adding EVV capabilities, adding features related to the loss of the "Companionship Exemption" and modifications to Wage and Hour rules and regulations, providing Forms required by State and Federal insurance and benefit providers, mobile based phone applications, and electronic texting capabilities to reached our employees in fast and efficient ways.

Pros

This system is very flexible so that features and use can be customized to conform to the users needs. For example we use the Pending and Completed Tasks to A) monitor employee performance B) follow-up on operational tasks and C) establish weekly and other periodic accounting procedures, among other things. Also we have different types of service and can establish different pay and bill rates at a global level or down to the customer and employee level. The flexibility of the system allows each company to manage their business based on their needs and prioritites.

Cons

Reporting, at least the canned type is somewhat limited. You are able to export the data into other applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel and build reporting that suites your needs, however the system provided reports are limited. I believe because the system is so flexible it would be difficult to develop a lot of reporting because many of the users are using features in different ways.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Jill, thanks for the review. We really appreciate our partnership over the years. So many of the innovations have come out of our conversations. Thanks for the input!

Kevin D.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Highly Recommend The Rosemark System

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

My overall experience with Rosemark has been very good. I like that we can track Human Resource issues and create custom credential criteria that notifies us of credential expiration. We have increased our productivity with features like this and the shift offer options. I would highly recommend the Rosemark system to other businesses.

Pros

The Rosemark system is highly integrated with real time changes. This makes it very easy to provide updated information to a staff in several locations, the moment it changes. This is crucial to the home care business because schedules can change multiple times a day and allowing automatic email notifications to notify people of these changes saves time and expense. I truly believe it would be very difficult to operate our business without the Rosemark system.

Cons

As an administrator, I would like to be able to review changes made in the systems by all users. Basically, have access to an audit trail. I believe this is something in development and will be available in the future. Other then this, I don't really have anything I like least about the software.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Kevin, Thank you for the kind review. I'm not sure if, you know who has seen this. I'll let her know how much you appreciate her help. Thanks for you feedback! BTW we are working on the feature that you wish you had in the meantime, if anything is pressing we'll get you the the information you need, just give us a call!

Paul G.

Unsurpassed Quality and Reliability for 10yrs +

Reviewed on 2015/05/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We have been using Rosemark to run our agency for 10+ years now. We first switched to Rosemark from another system because they were not very responsive to our concerns and requests. I have never worked with a software vendor that provides such good service as Shoshana does. I can always call and get help, make suggestions for improvements and brainstorm about better ways of doing things. They understand the industry because they listen to their customers so well.

The software itself is very well-built. We never have downtime and we don’t have to worry about software bugs corrupting our data. While all of the systems out there cover the basics, Rosemark has some unique features that stand out. One example is their advance billing capabilities. I can bill in advance, or in arrears or both mixed together and Rosemark will automatically create line item adjustments on invoices to account for changes to the schedule. I haven’t seen anything nearly as powerful as that out in the marketplace.

Prior to Rosemark, I assisted a company in developing their advance billing module when they completed it two years later they wanted to charge for using the module. Rosemark didn’t have advance billing 10 years ago either but they said it would be ready for production in 3 months. They delivered the module on time and didn’t charge for its use. Over the years Rosemark has never charged more for a new release or added functionality.

The support is incredible always accessible and helpful. Training is unlimited and can be done as a webinar or individually.

Other vendors have shown me their software however; they can’t compete with either the functionality or price. I’m also a member of a homecare blog and someone sought recommendations for scheduling software, the most recommended was Rosemark.

Cons

I would like a single step to delete a client or caregiver record. However, I understand the danger and possible nightmares that function could cause if used by accident.

There is nothing I don't like about the vendor.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Hello Paul, thank you for the outstanding review! We are so appreciative to have your voice in the community. You have helped Rosemark in countless ways and we thank you for your business and trusted partnership.

Lola A.

Review for Rosemark

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Shoshanna delivers what they promise. In my opinion you don't get any better than that.

Pros

What I appreciate about the system itself is the ability to not only learn the system in a short amount of time but also to train other staff just as easily. Data entry is a breeze with their tab system. The pending and completed action tabs have been a very utilized tool to keep us organized and on track with deadlines and expiration dates. The scheduling system allows for organized and simple scheduling for clients whose case is either simple or complicated. Tracking in Rosemark is also exceptional. From inquiries for clients, referrals to caregivers. Shoshanna seems to understand this industry and has fashioned the software to make our jobs easier. They also have an IT team that second to none. Their courteous and knowledgeable staff has been exceptional from training to simple questions. They don't pretend to know the answers. If they don't know they say so and research until an answer is found. They have wonderful follow up. Lastly, I find that even updates have been simple to figure out and we call them less and less which makes us more independent.

Cons

I can honestly say I love The Rosemark system. They continually update their system by listening to the needs of their clients. There isn't anything I don't like about this software or company.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Lola, thank you for the positive review, we really appreciate it. We are really thankful for smart business administrators like yourself that really dig into Rosemark to learn the features that are really going to help you streamline operations. Glad to help!

Amy M.

Rosemark Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

I would give it 5 stars! This is the original software we started with and have not switched. We did demo several others when opening our home health business and this is by far one of the most user friendly systems and has everything you need to run your business. Also the pricing is very reasonable for everything you get. We have gotten to know the rosemark team and appreciate each and every one of them!

Pros

The customer service is excellent! They are very accessible and friendly. They will take the time needed to help you and resolve any issues.We have trained many staff members on the software and it is easy to use and explain. It is simple but has a lot of functionality! It has everything you need to run your business. They also take requests for features and often you can get your features implemented. The pricing scales which is really nice for a small business starting out. We have been extremely happy with the software and the team at rosemark!

Cons

I wish it was a little more user friendly for home health. Also I wish there was a user log. So if changes were made in rosemark you could figure out when the change occurred and who changed it would be very helpful. I have put in a feature requests for this and it is in the works! So hopefully it will be here soon.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Amy, thank you for the review of the Rosemark system. We take very seriously the feature requests that you have made over the years. We are currently working all that you have mentioned. Thank you again!

Sue W.

Great software, even better customer service

Reviewed on 2017/03/28

When we started marketing Christian Home Care we didn't have many clients or caregivers. We were maintaining schedules in spreadsheets and in Gmail calendar, cross checking between the two. As we started to grow this became very laborious and time consuming. Errors were made. At that time we were utilizing a different telephony system based here in Ohio and we realized we needed a proper scheduling system and began to explore options , (including Rosemark and others). I had previous work experience at a software development company. I knew the myriad of issues clients experienced with the launching of a new system. I wanted something tried and true, no frills (pretty pictures and graphics are nice and cute, but were not a prerequisite). We had begun a dialogue with people at Rosemark who spent a lot of time with us exploring the system and who provided excellent support when we made the decision to start using Rosemark (RM).
One thing I love are the constant improvements to the software without incurring huge additional costs or software upgrade costs. The system works for both private pay and for agencies that accept Medicare/Insurance cases. The Shoshana - Rosemark team explore various strategies to embrace new ideas like introducing telephony to an already excellent scheduling system, also the new Blog and Rosemark (online) Community. Having webinars and a training video library are also a wonderful resources, especially when we are introducing new employees to the system. Phone support has been wonderful and RM staff try to be very congenial in the midst of dealing with us when we have some stressful situations or problems. The way the software has been created it is very adaptable and allows us to tailor many aspects of the system to our own unique business needs. Any reports that we need to have that we can't create ourselves are brought to the attention of the RM staff who quickly provide the requested report. The scheduling system itself is very easy to use, intuitive and allows us to keep the pulse of our scheduling which is an absolute necessity. Scheduling is the backbone of our business along with the financial concerns and ability to two-way integrate data with QuickBooks for billing and payroll.
I would say that business at Rosemark is conducted like Christian Home Care. We want to be the premier provider for our area at a price that even smaller agencies can afford. I believe that Rosemark is the Rolls Royce of Home Care Software.

Pros

See my review

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Sue, wow thank you for the great review. We appreciate your partnership over the years. It has helps us to build the things that you are talking about in the review with the confidence that it is going to be mad well, and that it will be a useful addition to Rosemark. Thank you!

Marie P.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Home care software with excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

As the first person in our company to learn this system at least 8 years ago, I found it very easy to use and teach. The customer service has been exceptional. They were able to accommodate almost every request we have given them, Including the State of CT demands on reporting and EVV.

Pros

This software is easy to learn and use. It assists you in finding caregivers that match our clients. You can make individual care plans. We are able to upload word documents for signature sheets and contracts, etc. Caregivers are easily able to see their schedules and client info/care plans. You can use this software on any device, comp, tablet, phone. The many reports available are helpful especially to the ever changing laws on home care. It makes it easy to keep track of credentials. The reports can be loaded on an excel spreadsheet.

Cons

Nothing, this is the perfect system for non skilled home care agencies.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Thank you Marie for the review. Yes we have worked together for many years. The Sandata integration in Connecticut is integral to your operations. Glad to help.

Kyla T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Top notch customer service and easy navigation!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

So far, our experience with Rosemark has been positive. We are able to track hours, clients, employees, pending events and line up accounting software easily. The flexibility of this system eliminates so much work when everything we need is in one place, which is exactly why it's a great match for us.

Pros

Scheduling is a part of our every day, every hour. When there are situations that arise and we are unable to figure out on our own, one call is all it ever takes! The customer service team is patient, knowledgeable, and always happy to help with the details we may have overlooked. The video tutorials are easily accessible, the mobile system for our caregivers is user friendly, and there is a function within this system available for nearly everything we need to help our organization run smoothly.

Cons

There are a few functions that I wish were accessible to users, like quick referencing individual entry time stamps. However, with all of the features this program DOES offer, this is just a minor item on my wish list that I believe may be something they are working on to introduce in the future.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Thank you Kyla for your generous comments. We are glad that you enjoy working in Rosemark. As for the suggestion, we're working on it, Thanks for you input!

Pramod P.

Works well enough

Overall satisfactory.

Pros

Good customer support, works well enough and serves the basic purpose that we need.

Cons

Not easily accessible on non MS Windows computers. Not having a good 'family room' for customers to access data for their family member. Can't track which user in our company made a change to our data in Rosemark. No audit trail of user actions is what I am referring to.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Pramod thank you for the review. We appreciate your patience while we be a customer facing user trail. In the mean times our customer care is always available for those inquiries.Let us know how we can help.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Stephanie F.
Industry: Medical Practice

Rosemark Rocks

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Very good experience with customer service

Pros

Ease of use, help readily available, features needed for homecare scheduling

Cons

Too many options for me to know them all. I would like periodic "learning sessions" on particular features.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Stephanie, thank you for the review. I hope you have taken advantage of the training webinars, and videos to get help learning more about Rosemark. You are right, there is a lot, Rosemark is a very robust system but we really want you to know all of the pieces that would be helpful to your agency. Please continue to get help from our customer care managers. Thanks for the input it is really helpful.

Joel C.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Scheduling Software tailored for your Agency or Registry

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Our overall experience has been wonderful, and we're so glad we chose Rosemark as a business partner for our Nurse Registry. Their software and technology is always evolving, and with the new Caregiver Mobile App we've been able to streamline our office practices and be more efficient. We've been clients for around 10 years, and we've never even considered looking at another scheduling company.

Pros

User-friendly, web-based with good accessibility, interfaced telephony, an Application for contract staff, and most of all a very hands on management team who interact, assist, and answer their clients' needs and requests.

Cons

Initially it seemed built more for employee based Agencies versus contractor nurse registries.
However [Sensitive content hidden] and the team have been great about adding more registry focused features and or allowing us to turn off features which point to more of an employee relationship.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Joel, Thank you for the review of Rosemark. We are glad that the Mobile app is working for you. It seems to be a tool that the industry has discovered was long overdue. Thank you for your input to make it easy for us to add more (nurse) registry focused features.

Leigh-anna M.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Long learning curve but does the job

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Overall, I find the system adequate for our needs, though I have no other experience with another system for comparison sake.

Pros

I like that it is a scheduling system customized to the industry. I like that it is continually updated to reflect the needs of its users.

Cons

Overall, the system is not user friendly. It takes a long time to learn how to use the program even for the computer savvy. I find it is almost TOO literal and detailed which is hard to explain, but I'll try. Here's an example of the literal process I see... if I attempt to change one weekly shift time from today going forward, I have to go into the planner and unassign the caregiver going forward. Then I have to go to the schedule window, end the last schedule, remake a new shift going forward and then reassign the caregiver. It's a tedious process.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Hi Leigh-Anna,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback! There are a few easy ways to change on going schedules that you may have missed during training. I can give you a call and walk you through it!

Best,
Robin

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Dave P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Stop searching! Best option available.

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Has allowed my business to prosper over the years since i know where all the vital information is located. Easy telephony system for staff. Accurate record keeping for both billing and payroll. Will customize reports as needed for better measures and management of key performance indicators.

Pros

Have been using The Rosemark System for 10+ years. It is the backbone of my business. Stores all vital details of clients and staff. Extremely user friendly. Great customer support. Have recommended to many owners in the field. Really nice people too.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. Every concern has been addressed instantly.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Dave, thank you for the review. We have really appreciated your opinions and suggestions over the years. It has helped us to build better software. Thank you for being such a great partner.

Megan A.

Great customer support!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Pros

I love the support team! They are super helpful, friendly and great to work with! Rosemark has great training videos and a wonderful users guide. The best thing about this system is that Rosemark truly listens to feature requests.

Cons

This system can be complex to "non-techy" users. However, the support team is just a phone call away to help with ANY question!

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Megan, so glad to have you as a customer. Thanks for using our customer car team so you can get the most out of Rosemark. Thank you for your input and review!

Libby D.

ECHC Loves Rosemark

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Huge timesaver with scheduling! Corporate loves that we can enter the information in Indiana and they can then access it is New York for invoicing! Ability to track visit logs/EVV for Medicaid Waiver compliance is easy now and puts us in compliance!

Pros

Ease of use when scheduling our clients and caregivers. Love the ability to customize the care plans, caregiver info etc. Helpful with adding invoicing options etc. Tracks attendance, and scheduling fluctuations. Hands down best customer service I have ever received! They have walked me through numerous challenges I had in the beginning and still have as we use more and more of the features.

Cons

There is a learning curve in how to use. ie splitting shifts to mark tardy. How to properly enter schedules etc to get desired results.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Libby, thank you for the review. I appreciate that you went into detail about how it helps you. And being in compliance is so important. Happy to help!

Michael V.

Great customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

We've used Rosemark for 10 years. That's a testament to how well we like. We've never really had a reason to look at alternatives.

Pros

Frequent software updates. Easy to use. Can be accessed remotely. Fast and attentive customer service. Good value.

Cons

Automatic logout after inactivity. If you don't update, eventually it will force you to, which inevitably happens at the worst possible time. Some of the features are not very intuitive. The UI could use a refresh.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Michael, Thank you for the review and input. The timing out is all about HIPAA. Luckily when you go back in you are right back to where you had finished off, (make sure you don't click cancel just log back in) not losing work that you were in the middle of. Also, you have some choice as to how much inactivity time will trigger the need to log in again. Contact customer care for that.

Gary B.

Awesome Scheduling Software

None at this time.

Pros

Rosemark is a very versatile and vital part of our company. It provides a wide variety of scheduling, administrative, and business functions. Without it, I could not run my business. Additionally, their customer support and training is unparalleled in the industry. I highly recommend using Rosemark for any home health business.

Cons

I do not have any issues with the software. IfI do have a problem, a quick phone call to their customer support team usually solves the problem.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Gary, thank you so much for the review. We notice that you are a user who takes advantage of all of the parts of Rosemark that can help your agency with the day to day and to help you grow. Thank you for your comments, much appreciated!

Lori L.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Solves the problem of care givers clocking in or out from a client's house in the driveway or after they leave. Rosemark has a GPS feature. it has solved a lot of problems we have having employees that are out in the field and not in the actual office

Pros

Ease of use. We use this daily to schedule caregivers. they keep up to date on the latest technology. they have webinars often to show what's new. overall a great system with great customer service!

Cons

Can't think of anything that would be a downfall..

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Lori, Thank you for your feedback. I like to think that we share similar values as you all at Christian Home Care in Toledo, Oh. We are proud of our team here at Shoshana Technologies.If you think of any other way we can help please give us a call.

Jeff K.

Scheduler

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Overall the system is good and easy to navigate as long as you use the functions consistently. Sometimes I find if I don't do something regularly I forget all the steps to get this accomplished. I am speaking to the parameters that need to be put in place to work with EDI files or QuickBooks.

Pros

My favorite feature of the software is the mapping tool. When I need to find a caregiver that is close to client it is extremely useful.

Cons

Me and everyone else in this office do not like how Norton gets in the way of us updating the software whenever it is required.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Jeff, so glad that you use the mapping tool. Many don't get the power of it when helping to organize a great schedule. Thank you for your review and input!

Cindy M.

Rosemark Scheduling System

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

-I can easily work on a Clients schedules, see any needed information in Completed Actions and schedule follow ups.
-I can easily add new caregivers and keep track of their credentials.
-I like that they do frequent updates that seem to be based on client feedback.

Pros

If I call Rosemark with a question, I am always able to get through to a live person who helps me with my problem.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Cindy, we really appreciate your feedback so thank you for the review. We love to build stuff to help our customers thank you for your suggestions.

Shana J.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Keeps our schedule & billing organized.

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

The customer service is first class. The Rosemark system solves our scheduling and HR compliance issues. It also helps us keep in compliance with our client requirements.

Pros

The overall purpose of it. The pending actions feature. The messaging and online abilities for our employees (shift reminders & online schedule).

Cons

It is not Mac compatible. Downloading spreadsheets from Shoshana is cumbersome and not very user intuitive. The interface overall could be more seamless and more user friendly ( like a Mac :) ).

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Shana thanks for the review and input. I hope that you are enjoying the new Report Hub. It was over due that's for sure.

Debbie D.

VA review

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

We are not having any problems. If we have questions or want to know how to do something, we call their office and they will walk us thru and explain everything immediately.

Pros

Easy to use and train other employees on

Cons

Overtime calculations. Wish it would calculate caregivers overtime on each specific client's billing without adding overtime from other clients that the caregiver also worked at.

Response from Shoshana Technologies

Debbie, thank you so much for the review. that overtime question is a tough one if I understand it correctly. Please talk to one of the customer care managers to explore a way to handle that.