Artwork Archive

Inventory management software for organizations & artists

4,9
4,9
Christopher R.
Industry: Education Management

Art Gallery Software that's perfect for small collections

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

I have found them to be interested in what we are doing and willing to work with us to ensure that the software is matching our needs. We are a small gallery and so our needs parallel but they have been actively engaged.

Pros

This product was recommended to me by a colleague who also oversees a relatively small art collection. As soon as I contacted them they immediately responded with a helpful demonstration and answer to all my questions. The product is very intuitive, easy to navigate, and has a clean look. It also allows easy posting to social media. There is the additional advantage of reporting in various formats that allow for inventory analysis. A great product!

Cons

One minor issue is that there is not an easy way to distinguish historical artists from current contacts, as all are tracked in a "contacts" tab. Not a big deal, really, but you do need to ensure that you're completing the profile. It would also be nice if viewers who visit the public profile could see a biography of an artist that you may have entered in the contact profile.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you Christopher! We have very much enjoyed working with you and the Blackfriars' collection.

We're so glad to hear that the product is intuitive and easy to navigate. And it sounds like you're getting a lot out of the program with reporting and sharing.

As for your artist bio feedback, it's great and actually something we have been discussing as a teamhow can we continue to share and highlight the artists within a collection in addition to their artworks.

If you'd like to differentiate between living and deceased, you can create Contact Groups within Contacts. It is much like Collections for Pieces in that you can create any type of group you wish.

Robert B.

Artwork Archive is Perfect for Artists

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Absolutely wonderful. Beyond the fact that the software already does so much, they do something really crazy: they LISTEN to their customers. If there is something you would like to see the software do, they take you seriously. And they are improving the product constantly, adding new features and making it more robust by the year. I cannot brag on them enough for how they handle working with their customers.

Pros

Artwork Archive helps me on a daily basis. It tracks not only all of my artwork, but links sold works to clients, exhibited works to locations, and tracks collections, reproduction runs, prints, and even allows me to track my income and expenses. It has a contact module for all of my clients and VIPs and is hands down an absolute time-saver for the business side of my art practice. They've even added the ability to create private viewing rooms for clients, which are shareable with a link that allows them to view works without having to put them out on a public page (but they have a public page option as well).

Cons

There are always things I'd like to see software I use do that it doesn't, but Artwork Archive has very few of these. If you're looking for a robust calendar, it doesn't really have that, but it does have the ability to set scheduling reminders, and you can easily export those reminders to Google Calendar or Outlook or iCal.

Response from Artwork Archive

Oh what a delightful review! Thank you so much Robert for the kind words. We do love listening to our users. Feedback makes us better and we want to be the best art inventory platform (and resource for the arts)!

Lauren H.
Industry: Media Production

The Art of Archiving

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

I do understand the presentation and workflow of the Artwork Archive. However, I discontinued my use with the product as it seemed unnecessary. However, I do have a belief that they can change their options in the future.

Pros

This product review actually resonates perfectly as part of my career involves organizing visual archives. I decided to give this product a chance to shine as I was curious about what it would present. I do enjoy the clean, minimalistic appearance it prides itself in. In addition, I find myself inspired by its ease of guidance with a tutorial-listic approach to instructing its users.

Cons

I feel that, because this software gives off the impression of a community-based site, I do wish it would carry an option for users to showcase their work at a more open portal in a free plan (where they can share their work, without having to pay a large sum just to do so). It would be fair enough to provide a free plan to show your work, with limited options.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thanks for the feedback Lauren. We'd love to hear more from you and will be reaching out directly so that we can continue to improve upon our product and experience for our users.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Laura F.
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent tool for all serious artists

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

I feel like I'm benefiting every day using this software. It makes organizing inventory so simple, and much easier to communicate with galleries, etc. to show them work that's available.

Pros

I like being able to easily keep track of every piece of inventory, and do simple searches to find what I need. The functions that I use most are reports, collections and private rooms. The private room allows you to send a private link to a buyer or gallery to review your work in a very aesthetically pleasing, clean way. They can zoom in to see detail.

Cons

A few times I found things I didn't like or didn't fully understand but when I reached out to the Artwork Archive team, they addressed this. For example, at first there was no category for "work on paper" although they did have "drawing." I make mixed media works on paper so drawing was not what I was looking for. After I contacted them, they added the category.

Response from Artwork Archive

Oh wow! Thank you Laura for this wonderful review. We are so glad you benefit every day from our platform.

And we're grateful for your feedback as you make our product better! Thanks!

Amantha T.
Company size: Self Employed

The Best Art Inventory & Art Business Software. Period.

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

I had spent years looking for a system to help organize my art business. Initially, all I wanted was a program to help keep track of my artwork. Finding a way to keep track of the data for each piece seemed impossible. I started using Artwork Archive in 2015 and since then they have constantly added additional features that have continued to improve their product. Also they have amazing customer service.

Pros

Artwork Archive has every feature I need for organizing the administrative side of my art practice. It is very easy to use and I can track the location and sales of every piece of art . I love that I have my collector database and art database in one spot and that it is very easy to attach a sold piece to its collector. Every sale is automatically logged so you can keep track of inventory, relationship management and income in one place. Especially helpful is that you can automatically create editions from prints and track every numbered print you produce. This is normally a real nightmare but they make it easy. Another fantastic feature is that you can just select the paintings in your inventory for a show and automatically create inventory lists, portfolio pages and wall labels for an exhibit. There really is no other art studio software anyone needs.

Cons

There really isn't anything I would want to change at this time. They keep adding elements that I didn't think I needed before.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you Amanda for the positive review! We're glad that you're using the Editions feature to automatically generate reproductions! It sounds like you're using the platform really well and getting a lot out of it. That makes us so happy!

Julia B.

I'm a big fan!

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

Pros

Artwork Archive was recommended by an art marketing guru during an on-line class and I'm forever grateful. Initially I liked it because it affirmed my sense of myself as a professional artist, helping me organize my inventory and showing me how far I'd come. But it didn't take long to see all the other benefits. It's easy to use. It's super easy to search. It's flexible. Customer service is quick to respond and helpful with your specific needs. When I've brought inventory sheets with me as I dropped art at a gallery, the gallerist wished every artist they worked with were as organized. When the invoice comes every year I'm happy to pay it - it always feels like a great bargain.

Cons

Along the way I've occasionally found certain things awkward (can't remember right now), but then I'd suggest a change to the Artwork Archive crew and they usually thought the suggestions was valid and actually remedied the problem! Your questions or issues don't drop into a void - real people respond quickly and helpfully.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thanks so much Julia for the positive review! I'm sharing this with the rest of the team because they will all be so thrilled to see how Artwork Archive has helped you succeed as an artist.

We really prioritize our customer support and everyone enjoys doing it and hearing from our users. I am glad we can be of help!

Gretchen W.

So useful!

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

I'm a huge fan of the fact that I can keep track of expenses, sales, shows and competitions. Such a life-saver!

Pros

I'm not an organized person, but Artwork Archive makes me seem like I am! I've found it especially helpful when I have multiple shows I'm applying for and I need to keep track of which paintings are going where. It's also awesome that I can integrate my portfolio with my web site.

Cons

I would love it if there was a way to divvy up my portfolio so I could do collection releases and have that sync with my web site... like have a separate gallery just for pieces painted during quarantine and then be able to do a release on my site that's separate from the main portfolio. Is that possible?

Response from Artwork Archive

We're so glad that you took the time to review us Gretchen, especially since your ask is definitely possible!

You can create separate Collections within your portfolio. Our users love that tool because you can create thematic groupings, collections for exhibits, and more.

You can also embed your entire portfolio or individual collections onto your website with just one link of code.

If you need help, please feel free to contact us at info[at]artworkarchive[dot]com!

Fred N.

A Collector's Perspective of Artwork Archive

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Artwork Archive has allowed me to catalog my art collection with a minimum of data entry headaches. It is well designed, simple to use and gives me easy online access to my collection.

Pros

I spent several months looking for software to use in cataloging my art collection. Artwork Archive had the features I was looking for a price that I could afford. I like the ease of data entry, the ease of attaching images, and the varied types of reports that can be generated. Their online tutorials are very helpful in explaining the softwares features. I also appreciate the fact they are continually improving the software by adding features like the private viewing room.

Cons

A filter function when preparing reports that allows you to select by artist name would helpful.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you mentioned report generation. You can filter by Artist name! When creating the report, scroll down to Filters, click on the box, and then select the dropdown for Artist.

Industry: Design

This is what organized me!

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

The tool has been great, it integrates well with my Wordpress site (which is optional because you this actually could be used as your artist's website) and their customer service has been top notch.

Pros

This software is so needed in the Arts industry. I've yet to find anything else that allows artists to organize their artwork, maintain inventory control, display a portfolio and provide reporting and automated tear sheets like this tool can do. The part I like best is that I've been able to stop duplicating my work by keeping inventory and posting images to a portfolio separately. With the website integration, this allows me to cut down my administrative workload and allow me to get back to making art.

Cons

This tool came with more functionality than I had hoped for, so at this point, I'm not lacking anything.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thanks for the review! We're so happy to hear that our online tools have helped save you time and cut back administrative work. That was definitely a big intent when designing our website integration feature.

All the best,

Industry: Arts & Crafts

My favorite art management software

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

Positive and without complaint.

Pros

I love the interface. It is easy to use, clean and always getting better with improvements.
Customer service is wonderful too!

Cons

I wish there were methods of keeping track of artist payments and payment plans with clients.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for the positive review! As someone who helps with customer support, I'm glad to hear that you find it wonderful! I enjoy it too!

We have a few improvements around payments and invoicing that I think you'll be excited to see given your feedback. We'll be sharing it shortly!

Shelley A.

Review of Artwork Archive

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Pros

It is a relational database that I can reports out for my boss who is an art collector with over 1500 works. It was easy to transfer via a CSV from his previous database (old, on a glorified xls with a fancy frontpage). I love the new Private Rooms which allow me to put together reports that don't need to be printed. Staff friendly and helpful even though they are on the other side of the world to me

Cons

There are some minor things that I have learned to live without. The reports can be a bit clunky and the titles on the reports when printing need to be more like a title. I would like to be able to get a report on the Condition of the artworks but there is a large jump in price which the boss doesn't see the value in (I do but he's the one paying).

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you Shelley for the very thorough and informative review.

If you'd ever like to make the case to your boss for upgrading to the Organization level with the Condition reports, I am more than happy to help! It is such a helpful tool and we've received a lot of positive feedback on the maintenance tracking functionality.

Colleen V.

Glad I found Artwork Archive

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

I worked really hard to set up my own gallery on my website and I still wasn’t happy with the results. Then I saw a post about Artwork Archive from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on Instagram and I was intrigued. I’ve found him to be a trustworthy source of information and advice so I watched his video and others I found on YouTube and I set it up. It’s been fantastic and trouble free. Also I appreciate your emails and the excellent advice in them. I wasn’t expecting that, it’s a great added bonus.

Pros

It’s easy to use, easy to set up, clients find it easy to search, I find it easy to update (even from my phone) it looks professional.

Cons

I’d love to be able to organize my paintings to appear to my customers in order of medium or some other way. I know they can search and I can have collections so this is a small thing.
I had to really think to come up with a con.

Response from Artwork Archive

We're so glad you found us! Sergio is an incredible resource and we're lucky to have him sharing Artwork Archive.

Thank you for the feedback. I've shared it with the team! We're always looking for ways to improve.

Eddie H.

REVIEW

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

help the business growing fast.

Pros

time-saving artwork management, ERP+CRM, and tracking works.

Cons

account security, user selected functioning,

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for the review Eddie! We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Kate E.

Artwork Archive rocks!

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

Every Sunday I update my inventory with sales and new pieces which are automatically reflected on my website. Every Monday I get an email telling me about upcoming deadlines for exhibits. I know where my pieces are and can generate reports, labels, and print out my artist statement as needed. If you’re looking for a tool to help you stay organized Artwork Archive is the way to go!

Pros

It takes care of the business side of things so I can focus on painting. It’s easy to use, very intuitive, and can be integrated with your website so you only have to update things once. Also - the customer support team is great - helpful and quick to respond.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software - it’s awesome!

Response from Artwork Archive

Oh wow, the Artwork Archive team is grinning from ear to ear reading this. Such a wonderful review! Thank you Kate. We're so glad that we can be of help and it sounds like you have a great system and process in place to excel in your art career. Best of luck! We're glad to be on the ride with you :)

Philine V.
Company size: Self Employed

Great admin tool for artists

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

I have all my paintings on Artwork Archive and know who I sold them to, on which exhibitions I've shown them etc

Pros

easy to use and reliable, very visual, easy to upload new work, like the exhibition planning and tracking tool

Cons

There could be improvement when using as a plugin on another website, mainly appearance

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for the feedback Philine! A lot of our users love the exhibition tool. It's so convenient to track exhibition deadlines, what was accepted and awarded, drop-off dates, etc.

As for your feedback on the embed. We'd love to hear more. Feel free to contact us at info[at]artworkarchive[dot]com

James M.

Specialized Yet Fully Functional

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

It gets better as I use it. The depth of functionality covers my art business needs.

Pros

Artwork Archive gives me the platform to present and manage my art in a professional manner with functional depth.

Cons

I would like to have the ability to integrate most pages from Artwork Archive into my website.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you James! I love how you mention functional depth. There are so many great tools to use throughout your art career. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions. We'd love to hear what else you'd like embedded on your website that is not your portfolio. Thanks! info[at]artworkarchive[dot]com

Joyce C.

Happy with this product

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

I think they are helpful cooperative and seem to solve any problems that their vendors have. I think the software works beautifully and solves my problems

Pros

It help me organize my entire inventory system so that I know where everything is and can easily reach it as I work with clients renting artwork on a daily basis.

Cons

I haven’t found any problems today that they have installed

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you Joyce for the positive review! We are glad that we can help keep you organize as you work with your clients.

Sierra K.

TILA Studios

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

I have enjoyed using it and have recommended using it with our community.

Pros

I like most that I am able to empower the artists to submit their own work through the submission portal rather than migrating all of the information my self. It has decreased my workload and freed up time to speak with the artists more intimately

Cons

I think that the way the work is featured is tailored towards profiles that host one individual artists. As an organization it would be beneficial to be able to customize how the work is seen on the main profile without clicking over into the artist section.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you Sierra and TILA Studios! We're glad we've decreased your workload and helped you work with your artists more intimately.

And we're thrilled to be able to help share your artists' incredible works!

I've taken your feedback to the team on the public profile display. Since we work with many organizations displaying their artists' works we're always looking to best showcase the organization and their artists.

Best of luck with your sales!

Patrick S.
Company size: Self Employed

Why did I wait so long to try this needed application

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/06/18

I was struggling with tracking information about my artwork and my collectors. Clearly those issues will be addressed plus there is functionality that I will use that I would not have considered on my own.
Plus the program promises to link seamlessly with my website hosted on Squarespace.

Pros

Yes, there is up front work to load and register my artwork.
And Artwork Archive works well with my photos and files and contacts.
The application has great promise and the potential to make my life easier.
I cannot say enough great things about their customer service and support. It is timely, comprehensive and delivered with an unexpected level of friendly interactions. That support was the final push to get me to subscribe.

Cons

There is a learning curve. And they are there to help.

Response from Artwork Archive

Wow, thank you Patrick for the kind words! We're so glad that our customer support has been helpful and we look forward to helping you along the way!

Antonia D.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Highly Recommend Artwork Archive

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

I highly recommend this database and the company as a whole. Their customer service is impeccable!

Pros

I love how easy it is to add files on the fly! It’s cloud-based. So, I can access it on any of my devices. I use it in collaboration with the many stakeholders who work on the hospital’s art program with me. It’s also very easy to learn to use, as opposed to many of the databases I’ve been exposed to before.

Cons

I wish I could add more than ten photos, but there are plenty of workarounds that do allow me to store additional files elsewhere within the artwork’s profile page.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for the kind words Antonia!

Richard K.

Becoming a professional

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Excellent - great support and easy to use

Pros

This platform is an excellent way to transform your artistic practice - keeping track of all your work, ensuring consistent pricing across all platforms and automatic updates your website. All the functionality of the leading platforms is available at a fraction of the cost and the website integration although limited reduces the time and effort of maintaining different platforms.

Cons

Website integration has too few customization options

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for your flattering feedback. We've built the product to help a wide variety of users from artists to collectors to collecting institutions at an affordable price, so we're glad to hear that you're taking opportunity of the full functionality of the program and satisfied with the price.

The majority of our updates come from user feedback so we appreciate yours and have more customizations on the list for our website integration. We released the website integration recently with the goal to expand it as we received feedback from users, prioritizing their needs.

Silvana F.

Indispensable

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Fantastic. My queries were answered quickly and I love the ongoing improvements

Pros

I recently discovered how to add it to my web page, which makes updating images on my web really easy. Also I have been using the private rooms for galleries and that has made my work look very professional

Cons

Handling of multiple numbers of works/editions, is a little clumsy

Response from Artwork Archive

We love the Private Rooms too! It makes sharing or artworks in a professional manner a breeze. We're so glad that you're enjoying that tool.

We continue to update and improve upon our product so please feel free to contact us directly on the site with your feedback on editions!

Michelle B.

Artwork archive review

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Very supportive on line assistance

Pros

It is so user friendly and based in a knowledge of the needs of an artist and gallery. From organising images to Inventories , catalogues etc

Cons

None I have to date found no issues with this software and have recommended it to others

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for the kind words Michelle! We're so happy you're enjoying Artwork Archive. Thank you for sharing it with others!

Lindsey V.
Industry: Government Administration

Exceptional Customer Service and a User Friendly Site

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/11

My experience with Artwork Archive has been overwhelmingly positive. The customer service is unbeatable! They are attentive, helpful, and friendly. They are dedicated to giving you the smoothest and least complicated experience. With their prompt responses, they were able to work with me to solve multiple problems that I was having, and even offer the option to work things out over the phone if it makes more sense. Artwork Archive puts in a team effort to make everything you need a top priority.

Pros

With their batch upload option, Artwork Archive makes it simple to upload a large quantity of information just by filling out a spreadsheet. Something that initially would have taken hours has been reduced to 1/10th of that time. Once uploaded, the website is easy to navigate and acts as an efficient way to keep inventory of all your pieces of art.

Cons

When using the batch upload function there is only the option to upload one picture onto the spreadsheet. Each additional picture must be uploaded manually on the website. Although, after it is online, it becomes easy to add multiple pictures for each piece of art.

Response from Artwork Archive

It was our pleasure to be of help! Everyone on the team is expected to do customer support every day, and working with our customers is one of the most gratifying parts of my day.

I'll take your feedback about uploading multiple images in the import we conduct to the team. Very helpful.

Dennis W.

Awesome product!

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Great experience. Has changed how I work -- for the better!

Pros

I have found Artwork Archive easy to use. It's gotten me organized in no time. Made my life much easier while not being hard to get up to speed using it. There's still much more to utilize, so I look forward to becoming even better organized in the future.

Cons

So far I've not really found any issues or drawbacks.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you so much Dennis! We're glad we can help you organize, and are delighted that we can help make your life easier!