Artwork Archive

4,9 (75)
Inventory management software for organizations & artists

Jasmine
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Thank you, Artwork Archive for revolutionizing the way we organize and access art!

Reviewed on 2021/11/04

Pros

Art is an integral part of the healing environment of Children's Hospital. From the permanent collection, to our temporary exhibition spaces, community art projects, patient art shows, and diverse creative programming, we go above and beyond to engage patients, families, and team members. Artwork Archive has been an instrumental partner in helping take Children's Hospital Colorado's arts program to new heights.

Through the innovative partnership between Artwork Archive and Children's Hospital Colorado, we have increased access to art across our System of Care and created a new standard for stewardship of our fine art collection. Through the generous donation of Artwork Archive's suite of services we are able to create virtual exhibitions, catalogue every piece of art, track donor and artist information, and more easily implement pieces for the greatest benefit of our audiences.

Access to creative arts in the hospital provides inspiration, respite, and joy. Artwork Archive goes above and beyond a partner or vendor, they are true collaborators who recognize that a compassionate touch makes all the difference. Their team is always looking for ways to strengthen the work we do, and it is very appreciated.

Cons

My only wish is that we were able to better integrate Artwork Archive's virtual exhibitions and collection into our existing web presence, which has proven difficult due to internal limitations on how we are able to share and produce public content.

Response from Artwork Archive

Wow wow! Thank you for sharing this wonderful review. It's been an absolute job to help CHCO digitize and share its impressive collectionand for a cause that's so importantproviding inspiration, joy and respite to patients, their family and hospital staff.

Andrea
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Artwork Archive is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2021/08/27

Artwork Archive effortlessly gives us a professional public face, and gives us many tools to work with our art collection in many ways. Hats off to the team at Artwork Archive for making a superb, affordable product.

Pros

This is the kind of software company that gives software companies a good name. Artwork Archive has a great private face for us to track our non-profit, permanent, public art collection of 1500+ works (in 10 campus buildings) and growing; and it has a great public face for our students and the community to study and learn more about the art collection. In terms art collections software management, I don't think you'll find better than the team at Artwork Archive. They are superbly responsive and help out well when you have a question (and I have a lot of questions). The software does everything we need art collection software to do, and they keep coming up with new features we didn't know we needed but turn out to be super helpful. I have worked with other art collection software that's fabulously expensive (you know who they are) and nowhere near as good. Artwork Archive is a tremendous value for the money, and I am hugely grateful for the great team at Artwork Archive making this great product.

Cons

I am old-school: I come from the middle of the last century when everything had a paper manual. In fact, in the 1980s I helped write an early computer manual. Given my venerable seniority, I deeply miss paper manuals. I know no one makes them anymore, and no one else misses them. That being said, the Artwork Archive software is so easy to use, and the Artwork Archive team responds so fast to questions that I can't complain about them. I'm just letting you know that if you're a dinosaur from the last century, you can work well with this software. I do. My zippy and hip young assistant thinks it's good too.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thanks Andrea! What a great review. We're thrilled to help share your incredible collection with students and the community. And we all enjoy working with you!

sally
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Fabulous inventory and organisational tool.

Reviewed on 2021/08/04

Super! A great help to keep me organised and having all the information in one place. Only touching on the very many applications of this site, will investigate further!

Pros

Easy to load and to update with clear info as a record. Great to direct people to the site to view.

Cons

sizes of the artwork on the site is not proportional to the works making smaller pieces look more impressive than smaller ones and tall or wide pieces particularly not shown to their best.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you Sally for the review! We appreciate the feedback and will make sure it gets relayed to our product team. We're always looking to improve!

As you investigate the platform further, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

-The Artwork Archive Team-

Robert

Artwork Archive is Perfect for Artists

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Absolutely wonderful. Beyond the fact that the software already does so much, they do something really crazy: they LISTEN to their customers. If there is something you would like to see the software do, they take you seriously. And they are improving the product constantly, adding new features and making it more robust by the year. I cannot brag on them enough for how they handle working with their customers.

Pros

Artwork Archive helps me on a daily basis. It tracks not only all of my artwork, but links sold works to clients, exhibited works to locations, and tracks collections, reproduction runs, prints, and even allows me to track my income and expenses. It has a contact module for all of my clients and VIPs and is hands down an absolute time-saver for the business side of my art practice. They've even added the ability to create private viewing rooms for clients, which are shareable with a link that allows them to view works without having to put them out on a public page (but they have a public page option as well).

Cons

There are always things I'd like to see software I use do that it doesn't, but Artwork Archive has very few of these. If you're looking for a robust calendar, it doesn't really have that, but it does have the ability to set scheduling reminders, and you can easily export those reminders to Google Calendar or Outlook or iCal.

Response from Artwork Archive

Oh what a delightful review! Thank you so much Robert for the kind words. We do love listening to our users. Feedback makes us better and we want to be the best art inventory platform (and resource for the arts)!

Josephine

Every artist needs this!

Reviewed on 2021/09/17

The real true benefit of it is the amazing customer support, and the continual development of new features based on feedback from us, the users and customers.

Pros

My primary purpose was to create a visual database of all my work, and Artwork Archive is hands down the absolutely best solution anywhere. The ease of uploading work and the detailed notes for each piece, etc. This allows for so much more detail with each piece, then when I need to create an inventory list, all it takes is a few quick clicks to have a PDF with all the pertinent information, including an image. This feature alone has saved me hours on the computer.
As a glass artist, I also love that I can create custom medium categories, and have been able to adapt the reproductions and editions module to work with the production pieces that are not completely one-of-a-kind artwork.

Cons

The only cons I have experienced have been my own lack of utilizing some of the new features, like the editions and reproductions, schedule and tasks, and client management - all features that were added after I began using it.
My only real regret is that I didn't start using it the moment it was available on the market!

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for the great review Josephine! We love hearing your excitement about our new features and announcement. The CRM functionality has been very popular and we hope it's of great help to you and your art business.

All the best,

Amantha
  • Industry: Fine Art

The Best Art Inventory & Art Business Software. Period.

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

I had spent years looking for a system to help organize my art business. Initially, all I wanted was a program to help keep track of my artwork. Finding a way to keep track of the data for each piece seemed impossible. I started using Artwork Archive in 2015 and since then they have constantly added additional features that have continued to improve their product. Also they have amazing customer service.

Pros

Artwork Archive has every feature I need for organizing the administrative side of my art practice. It is very easy to use and I can track the location and sales of every piece of art . I love that I have my collector database and art database in one spot and that it is very easy to attach a sold piece to its collector. Every sale is automatically logged so you can keep track of inventory, relationship management and income in one place. Especially helpful is that you can automatically create editions from prints and track every numbered print you produce. This is normally a real nightmare but they make it easy. Another fantastic feature is that you can just select the paintings in your inventory for a show and automatically create inventory lists, portfolio pages and wall labels for an exhibit. There really is no other art studio software anyone needs.

Cons

There really isn't anything I would want to change at this time. They keep adding elements that I didn't think I needed before.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you Amanda for the positive review! We're glad that you're using the Editions feature to automatically generate reproductions! It sounds like you're using the platform really well and getting a lot out of it. That makes us so happy!

Julia

I'm a big fan!

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

Pros

Artwork Archive was recommended by an art marketing guru during an on-line class and I'm forever grateful. Initially I liked it because it affirmed my sense of myself as a professional artist, helping me organize my inventory and showing me how far I'd come. But it didn't take long to see all the other benefits. It's easy to use. It's super easy to search. It's flexible. Customer service is quick to respond and helpful with your specific needs. When I've brought inventory sheets with me as I dropped art at a gallery, the gallerist wished every artist they worked with were as organized. When the invoice comes every year I'm happy to pay it - it always feels like a great bargain.

Cons

Along the way I've occasionally found certain things awkward (can't remember right now), but then I'd suggest a change to the Artwork Archive crew and they usually thought the suggestions was valid and actually remedied the problem! Your questions or issues don't drop into a void - real people respond quickly and helpfully.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thanks so much Julia for the positive review! I'm sharing this with the rest of the team because they will all be so thrilled to see how Artwork Archive has helped you succeed as an artist.

We really prioritize our customer support and everyone enjoys doing it and hearing from our users. I am glad we can be of help!

Paul
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

An essential tool for an artist

Reviewed on 2021/08/08

I now know where everything is, where it has been, and where it is going. It's fantastic for inventory and for tracking exhibitions and galleries that have my work.

Pros

I use Artwork Archive all the time. I have been a user for years, after having a disagreement with a gallery on how many of my pieces they had. I needed something better for tracking and found it. Artwork Archive keeps track of everything, and allows me to generate the reports I need for galleries, exhibitions, even for inventory purposes at tax time.

Cons

I would love some more detailed fields for tracking exhibitions since I ship most of my art, and get it shipped back to me after. (like, when do I have to ship vs when is the artwork due in the gallery, when will they ship it back vs when will it return to my studio). Overall, exhibition capabilities continue to improve which is great, but there's more that cam be done.

If it could then automatically update my google calendar with entries as they are added or changed, I'd be really happy. ALthough it's helpful top see the calendar info in AA, it would be better if I can see everything in the calendar that I see on my phone and desktop.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thanks for the great review Paul! We're glad we can help you track your artworks. As for syncing your reminders to your calendar...you can do that! If you click into the Schedule tool, you'll see a calendar icon next to each reminder. By clicking on it, you'll sync the event/reminder to your calendar.

Hope that helps!

Gretchen

So useful!

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

I'm a huge fan of the fact that I can keep track of expenses, sales, shows and competitions. Such a life-saver!

Pros

I'm not an organized person, but Artwork Archive makes me seem like I am! I've found it especially helpful when I have multiple shows I'm applying for and I need to keep track of which paintings are going where. It's also awesome that I can integrate my portfolio with my web site.

Cons

I would love it if there was a way to divvy up my portfolio so I could do collection releases and have that sync with my web site... like have a separate gallery just for pieces painted during quarantine and then be able to do a release on my site that's separate from the main portfolio. Is that possible?

Response from Artwork Archive

We're so glad that you took the time to review us Gretchen, especially since your ask is definitely possible!

You can create separate Collections within your portfolio. Our users love that tool because you can create thematic groupings, collections for exhibits, and more.

You can also embed your entire portfolio or individual collections onto your website with just one link of code.

If you need help, please feel free to contact us at info[at]artworkarchive[dot]com!

fred

A Collector's Perspective of Artwork Archive

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Artwork Archive has allowed me to catalog my art collection with a minimum of data entry headaches. It is well designed, simple to use and gives me easy online access to my collection.

Pros

I spent several months looking for software to use in cataloging my art collection. Artwork Archive had the features I was looking for a price that I could afford. I like the ease of data entry, the ease of attaching images, and the varied types of reports that can be generated. Their online tutorials are very helpful in explaining the softwares features. I also appreciate the fact they are continually improving the software by adding features like the private viewing room.

Cons

A filter function when preparing reports that allows you to select by artist name would helpful.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you mentioned report generation. You can filter by Artist name! When creating the report, scroll down to Filters, click on the box, and then select the dropdown for Artist.

Lindy

I couldn't live a day without Artwork Archive

Reviewed on 2021/08/11

I use Artwork Archive almost daily to look up old works, to provides descriptions for social media, buyers or my website. I don't think I've ever had a tech glitch using it.

Pros

Easy to use, flawless to maintain. Step by step uploads. Descriptions of artwork can be easily changed as it is framed or prices raised. Did I mention easy to use??? It also provides a permanent inventory of my art, which is why I bought it initially, but this program does so much more than that list.

Cons

I don't use the bookkeeping functions. Maybe someday.

Response from Artwork Archive

Wow! Such an amazing review. Thank you Lindy. We're so glad Artwork Archive is a part of your daily routine and a big help.

We wish you the best of luck in your art business and are happy to be a part of the journey!

Barbara
  • Industry: Fine Art

Best tool an artist could have

Reviewed on 2021/08/06

Artwork Archive is a great way to stay organized and keep all my information in one central place. I'm still learning about all the things I can do on the site, and the blog articles are always helpful in growing as an artist. Easy to use, and it's so important in helping me keep track of all my pieces. Having the Certificate of Authenticity feature right there saves me so much time. Thanks!

Pros

Easy to use and comprehensive at the same time.

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment - no problems so far, and I've been using it for almost five years.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thanks for the review Barbara! The COA is definitely a great tool! So many of our artists love how easy it is to generate and send off. It's also great to hear that you find our blog helpful. We're super proud of that resource!

Michele
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Easy to Use and comprehensive in every way!

Reviewed on 2021/08/06

Pros

I can easily find addresses, contact number and review what a client has previously purchased, including date, inventory number and price paid.

Cons

Sometimes the order it puts my artwork in does not make sense to me.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thanks for the review Michele! We're glad you can easily find your art biz info! When it comes to the ordering in the account, make sure to check out what Sort dropdown you have selected. That's how you'll view your artworks on your page. The same goes for the Sort options on the Public Profile. It can be alpha, price, date added, etc.

James

Specialized Yet Fully Functional

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

It gets better as I use it. The depth of functionality covers my art business needs.

Pros

Artwork Archive gives me the platform to present and manage my art in a professional manner with functional depth.

Cons

I would like to have the ability to integrate most pages from Artwork Archive into my website.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you James! I love how you mention functional depth. There are so many great tools to use throughout your art career. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions. We'd love to hear what else you'd like embedded on your website that is not your portfolio. Thanks! info[at]artworkarchive[dot]com

SIERRA

TILA Studios

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

I have enjoyed using it and have recommended using it with our community.

Pros

I like most that I am able to empower the artists to submit their own work through the submission portal rather than migrating all of the information my self. It has decreased my workload and freed up time to speak with the artists more intimately

Cons

I think that the way the work is featured is tailored towards profiles that host one individual artists. As an organization it would be beneficial to be able to customize how the work is seen on the main profile without clicking over into the artist section.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you Sierra and TILA Studios! We're glad we've decreased your workload and helped you work with your artists more intimately.

And we're thrilled to be able to help share your artists' incredible works!

I've taken your feedback to the team on the public profile display. Since we work with many organizations displaying their artists' works we're always looking to best showcase the organization and their artists.

Best of luck with your sales!

Charly

Excellent for our needs

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

Pros

The Inventory management system has been crucial for our needs. It's easy to use and very intuitive for keeping up to date with prints and originals.

Cons

The initial integration was clunky. Moving and editing multiple images within the same section can be difficult.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for your review Charly!

Michelle

Artwork archive review

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Very supportive on line assistance

Pros

It is so user friendly and based in a knowledge of the needs of an artist and gallery. From organising images to Inventories , catalogues etc

Cons

None I have to date found no issues with this software and have recommended it to others

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for the kind words Michelle! We're so happy you're enjoying Artwork Archive. Thank you for sharing it with others!

Lindsey
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used for 1-5 months

Exceptional Customer Service and a User Friendly Site

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

My experience with Artwork Archive has been overwhelmingly positive. The customer service is unbeatable! They are attentive, helpful, and friendly. They are dedicated to giving you the smoothest and least complicated experience. With their prompt responses, they were able to work with me to solve multiple problems that I was having, and even offer the option to work things out over the phone if it makes more sense. Artwork Archive puts in a team effort to make everything you need a top priority.

Pros

With their batch upload option, Artwork Archive makes it simple to upload a large quantity of information just by filling out a spreadsheet. Something that initially would have taken hours has been reduced to 1/10th of that time. Once uploaded, the website is easy to navigate and acts as an efficient way to keep inventory of all your pieces of art.

Cons

When using the batch upload function there is only the option to upload one picture onto the spreadsheet. Each additional picture must be uploaded manually on the website. Although, after it is online, it becomes easy to add multiple pictures for each piece of art.

Response from Artwork Archive

It was our pleasure to be of help! Everyone on the team is expected to do customer support every day, and working with our customers is one of the most gratifying parts of my day.

I'll take your feedback about uploading multiple images in the import we conduct to the team. Very helpful.

Dennis

Awesome product!

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Great experience. Has changed how I work -- for the better!

Pros

I have found Artwork Archive easy to use. It's gotten me organized in no time. Made my life much easier while not being hard to get up to speed using it. There's still much more to utilize, so I look forward to becoming even better organized in the future.

Cons

So far I've not really found any issues or drawbacks.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you so much Dennis! We're glad we can help you organize, and are delighted that we can help make your life easier!

Nanci

Artwork Archive is a HUGE Asset as an artist/entrepreneur

Reviewed on 2021/08/03

I have been using this software for at least 5 years and I continue to find great things about the system- including the blog with great helpful articles.

Pros

It is intuitive- with plenty of support and tutorials when needed.

Cons

I do not have any complaints or suggestions at this time.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you Nanci for the wonderful review! We're so glad that you enjoy our blog as well. We take great pride in our articles.

OSTEN

The first experience with the Artwork Archive

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

We were facing a challenge to import a huge previous database to Artwork Archive. Communication and cooperation were fantastic, so we manage to do it effectively!

Pros

Highly professionally set features, flexibility to adjust to the specific needs of the customer, and friendly staff.

Cons

Cannot find a missing feature at the moment... maybe later, during longer usage of the platform. To have an Artwork Archive app - would be great!

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you so much for the review! The team was very eager to help onboard the incredible OSTEN collection, and we are thrilled that you are enjoying our platform.

Powerful yet easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Professional and friendly team with a great product. It's a great fit for any individual or organization looking for a robust collection management tool.

Pros

We run into a number of clients that need a simple yet powerful solution for managing their art collections. Artwork Archive is just that. Getting information into the system is easy and, once the information is there, there are countless reports and ways to collaborate and share the information with other professionals (estate planners, appraisers, auction houses) that we find incredibly useful.

Cons

We honestly don't have any complaints about this software.

Response from Artwork Archive

Thank you for sharing! We're glad that Artwork Archive is a perfect solution for your clients.

Annette

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

Keeping track of our inventory and photo archive was difficult, but with this product it has become SOOO helpful.

Pros

Ease of use. The process of getting the items into the software is easy. It' takes time to get it right, but when it's all there it's so great to be able to see everything and run reports

Cons

Hmmm...I can't think of anything right this second.

Response from Artwork Archive

We're so glad we can be of help, Annette! Thank you for the review.

Lucy
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

How did I live without it?

Reviewed on 2019/06/29

So much time saved as I am enormously more organised. By uploading each artwork as I complete it, with all the details I feel so much more organised. I can provide the link to galleries and potential customers. I feel a lot more in control.

Pros

The clean interface - and the ease of getting around the package. Everything is thought of and more.

Cons

There literally has been nothing that I haven't liked!

Response from Artwork Archive

Thanks Lucy for the kind words! We're so glad that we can give you time back in your day and help you feel more organized and in control! That's awesome!

Tony
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Artwork Archive Rocks

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Excellent Experience using the website.

Thank you very much for all of your support.

Pros

Being user friendly, intuitive, and having access to a great customer support team.

Cons

I can't think of one item as of right now.

Response from Artwork Archive

We are overjoyed to read this review, Tony! It's been an absolute delight to work with you and the San Diego airport team.