AEC Academia

Learning center management system for educational institutes

4,6
4,6
4,1
4,2
4,8
Anthony B.

A big game changer

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

I really recommend this Software. My organization was still dealing with Excel tables when I was appointed. Other Alliance française were also looking into other management software: some decided to go with Hénaff, some chose Alisoft. I wasn't convinced and I kept searching. I came into AEC, and a couple years later, the other organizations with Henaff or Alisoft are now using AEC.

Pros

The ATL team is very proactive. Every step of the way, I could count on them to help implement the software in my organization, learn how to use it, improve the features with my feedback over the years. Arc-en-Ciel Academia drastically changed the way I could manage my organization, giving me critical data to analyse our activity.
Easy to use, intuitive, it provided a professionnal image to all our clients (student learning French, but also partners, Government entities, etc.)

Cons

I think the button's icons could get a more modern look, that would also help with finding the action or info we're looking for, but overall this is not really a problem.
One small glitch that happens here and there: sometime the last two digits of the numbers of the last columns can't be displayed... Resolution issue maybe? You have to play with column' width, or remove a column or two from the table.

Patricia M.

AF Dallas - AEC review

Reviewed on 2020/05/23

The support team is quite responsive overall - however, a lot of time could be saved on both ends with more robust systems and procedures in place.

Pros

It allows us to centralize our classes, our products and our events.

Cons

Simple features such as implementing a discount, removing or moving a student from a class or basic accounting transactions can become very complicated and loss of time/productivity.
The reporting feature has bugs and we are unable to pull more in depth reporting that would be relevant to our business.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Julie L.

AEC review for AF Ottawa

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Pros

Easy to use for teachers' schedules, to book classrooms, to create new courses, facilitate enrollment via the extranet, create store credit notes, centralise the teachers's information, share information on courses and students easily

Cons

I'm having a hard time with the periods , and as a consequence with reporting (I think I did not set them up correctly at the beginning), but we are working on solving that issue

Samar B.
Industry: Education Management

Excellent software but could be simpler on some features

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

AEC helps us to manage our classes, accounting, students...
It provides for us the way to manage our online classes and payments.
In the begening the experience was a litte bit hard but the support team was usually present to assist us.

Pros

The software is easy to use for normal users.
The visual is simple.
The support team is very helpful.

Cons

For more advanced features (admin), it's more complicated and some of features are not apparent so we usually need assistance from the support team. Luckily, they are most of the time present and helpful.
Some features could be less complicated and the admin should have more power on them.

Benjamin G.

AEC User

Great!

Pros

Extranet, hours management, ergonomy,

Cons

When creating admin hours, we can't schedule different days and times (periodicity), we have to redo the same operation all over.

Can,t choose the course color on the schedule, problem of visibility when two different courses next to each other.

Mélanie C.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Best investment of 2020

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Great overall experience, we implemented AEC in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic, and it helped our team communicate during the confinement.
Best investment of 2020 (along with Zoom)!

Pros

Easy to use, veray clear lay out that is easy to go around even for less tech-savvy people

Cons

It is a bit slow, and still has some glitches

Gaelle M.

Daily use

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Pros

I use AEC as the base of my daily work and it is very efficient. Whenever I need support, the team is very present.

Cons

Some categories would need to be added up, such as a orange calendar to show teachers available in case of covering, but it is not possible so I need another tool to do this.

Cyrille T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Enjoy AEC

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Pros

Easy to use, high capacity, ergonomic, Hotline helpful

Cons

Scheduling on as in Google Calendar should be great

Charline L.
Translate to English

Excelente programa para un centro de idioma

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Este programa nos ha permitido tener un mayor control y desarrollo en nuestras estrategias comerciales.
Nos permitió implementar un servicio mucho más personalizado para cada uno de nuestros estudiantes.
Las funcionalidades que proponen este programa son las que cada centro de capacitación necesita para poder trabajar en las mejores condiciones.
No hay limites en lo que se puede implementar y el servicio técnico está muy disponible y reactivo.

Pros

- Funcionalidades completas
- Integración con diferentes programas (contable, plataforma de aprendizaje, etc.)
- Flexibilidad del programa
- Mayor control en la parte de contabilidad
- No hay limite en lo que se puede hacer

Cons

Lo único es que está desarrollado en Flash y no podemos tener acceso en dispositivos mobiles.
Que no haya una aplicación mobile completa para el extranet de los estudiantes.

Translate to English

Response from ATL Software

AEC application for staff is currently using Flash but next releases after 2020 will not be using Flash anymore.

Application for students has never used Flash and is fully available on smartphones and tablets.