uAttend

Time and attendance tracking software for businesses

Kevin
  • Industry: Higher Education

Easy to setup and use!

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

I have found that it has been easy to use and very dependable.

I have found that it has been easy to use and very dependable.

Pros

It is straightforward to set up the biometric device, and the web-based platform is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Not everyone's fingerprints worked and therefore people that are assigned a pin as a substitute will sometimes need them reset!

Suzanne

Uattend Time Clock

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Customer service has always been very helpful. When we thought we needed a new timeclock, the service department helped me walk through an update that seemed to take them forever to get to work. They were very, very patient with me and the system and finally got the update done and it has seemed to resolve most issues I was having.

Pros

It's easy to log into. I can have instant access anytime I need. I also love that I can log in from my phone.

Cons

I don't love that if I'm working in a pay period that has ended, that it won't stay in that pay period. I have to keep changing it each time I go to a different employee's time care.
I also don't like the recent change of taking away the color that noted overtime. Now it just blends in and I have to look for it more than when it was blue. It showed up right away.
I also don't like that the clocks won't update automatically or that we are not sent an email telling us there are updates available.

Tawnya
  • Industry: Accounting

Corrections

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

For the cost it is not a bad program. I like how it calculates the sick pay and the PTO time and takes it off that is really helpful. I love the chat option as well online if I need help with something that is very helpful.

Cons

Ever since the new layout started about a month or two ago now I have had some issues. I know this is simple issue but I liked how all the hours showed and I didn't have to scroll down. Also, a major issue since the new layout and I was told I would hear back when it gets corrected I have not heard anything so I'm assuming either nobody reached back out or it has not been corrected yet is I used to have the installers be able to approve there timecards and clock IN & OUT for lunch on there phone through the app and since the new layout they can no longer do so. This makes it complicated for me as they work out in the field and it was best for them to approve their timecards and be able to clock In & Out for lunch via the app. I don't see them because I come in after they get here and it's hard for me to catch them to get them to sign their payroll period card come payroll week it was easiest when I had them approve it through the app. I was told since the new layout that it has to be all the employees on the app or all employees not on the app. That to me is just not acceptable when previously it worked out perfectly before the new layout. It was great to have the office employees sign there sheet physically because I see them daily and to have the installers approve them manually through the app. This is a major issue.

• Industry: Hospitality

One of the best decisions we've made

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Employees were using manual Excel spreadsheets to record time, expense reimbursement requests, and time off was recorded in our accounting software in a very cumbersome and not always accurate way. Time keeping in general wasn't technically 'legal', as staff wouldn't keep track of time on a day to day basis, but at the end of each pay period, just run random hours. There's no hiding anything now - UAttend has been a huge HR tool for us, takes the guesswork out and keeps us in compliance, and is so cost-effective!

Pros

Accuracy of timekeeping and availability of multiple means of keeping records for time off, hours worked, punch in and out locations, historical review

Cons

We love everything about UAttend. When we're a little less than happy with a particular feature, someone seems to know this and already has an update in place, or if you suggest a change, they are open and responsive to looking at it.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Great product for our needs

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

We have noticed that since switching to uAttend our employees have become more responsible about tracking their time and we have been able catch certain situations where the time clocks have been abused and make the corrections or take the necessary disciplinary action.

Pros

This software is pretty easy to learn quickly and has many useful features that have aided us in making time tracking and payroll so much more streamlined and easier. We especially appreciate the time off request feature in the software. We also really enjoy the location services feature and the ability to lock certain employees locations that they are able to clock in and out from.

Cons

There are a few features that are a little annoying. You have the ability to set paid or unpaid holidays throughout the year but there is not an option for setting recurring holidays, you have to reset the holiday dates every year. Also, the software also has a mobile app which is very convenient, however, the app is currently very basic and does not have all the same features and capabilities that you have access to on the web version.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Very happy I found this software!

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

This software was the answer to a lot of issues we were having with time tracking. It has given our employees the right amount of freedom to make time tracking less of a chore while maintaining our ability to monitor the use of the software. Our employees have been much more reliable about tracking their time and we have the confidence that our records are accurate.

Cons

As with all software there are always tweaks being made to improve them and that is true with uAttend. The tweaks that have been made have been very helpful but there is still room for some improvement. For example, I wish that from the dashboard you could click on the name of a user under the Punch Status box and go right to their timecard. The app is also a bit basic so I am looking forward to the update that is coming soon to see what changes have been made. I also wish there was a calendar feature on the dashboard where you could see if there are any holidays or time off requests coming up.

• Industry: Hospitality

Works for us

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Overall, uAttend has worked out for our business. The hardware, the actual punchclock, leaves a LOT to be desired. We have two which are constantly freezing or does not recognize fingerprints. It is so bad sometimes that we ended up having to give everyone a clock in number which defeats the purpose of the fingerprint safety feature. We had one replaced because of issues but the same problems with that one as well so it must be an issue with all of them. Beyond that, it has been a great platform.

Pros

Easy to use and modify punches, allows multi-department punches, accessible from anywhere.

Cons

There are a few limitations to reporting that keep us from being able to directly pull what our payroll processor needs

• Industry: Automotive

A Great Upgrade

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

uAttend has been a great upgrade for us. We had a mixture of hand written times and an outdated onsite only rfid clock in at one site. We had nonstop issues with incorrect times, people forgetting to clock in/out, buddy clock in, etc. We have eliminated most of those issues almost overnight and have been able to scale way faster. We are looking forward to integration features that will hopefully integrate everything directly with payroll services!

Pros

Multisite capability
Quickly add new timeclocks
Easy reporting for anything you can think of
Easy setup for automatic report exports
Easily scalable with our company as we add more locations
Very simple and upfront pricing compared to competitors who charge for everything
Geolocation clock in!

Cons

Timeclocks themselves are good, but require internet for clock in and out. It would be nice if they could clock in and out without internet and send data once they come online. This has only been an issue a few times when the internet went out offsite, but we quickly setup geolcations for different sites and gave certain employees that need it access to clock in from their phones when necessary.
There isn't currently integration directly with payroll services, but they are apparently releasing that this year.

Tina
Tina
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Online time clock

Reviewed on 2019/04/21

I'm happy with it

I'm happy with it

Pros

I am able to take care of both offices from same log in. My staff can look at there sheets but not edit.

Cons

It is very sensitive to fingerprints. Wish there was a back up option

Rafat
Rafat
  • Industry: Legal Services

Able attendance software which does it's job well

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

It performed well where it counts. There weren't any discrepancies between the management and the employees when it came down to attendance management.

Pros

It's efficient where it counts. The timing and response for the fingerprint biometrics are quite dependable. It integrates well with the accounting and performance management software.

Cons

There isn't much negative here. It can be a little tough to set-up and adopt (initially) as pointed by the administrative department.

Worthy

Great Product, Great Price

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

After initially using paper time sheets, the switch to uAttend about 5 years ago was a life changer!!! Having 10-15 employees that travel a 100 mile radius can make it difficult to collect time sheets. Using the uAttend app has made it easy to collect and report time worked, vacation, and monitor who is currently working. I highly recommend uAttend to companies of any size to track various employees working at multiple locations.

Pros

The ability to use the app or desktop function to record time punches. It is easy to see who is in and out at a quick glance. Compiling time sheets for payroll is quick and easy. Ability to talk with the help desk who provides quick and accurate response and access.

Cons

There are some instances when passwords have needed to be reset for unknown reasons, but it is a quick and easy process.

Time Tracker, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Tick

Reasons for Switching to uAttend

Ease of use and price point
Elena
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Overall satisfied

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

We have been using uAttend for over two years now. I find the accessibility of all historical data very helpful. I can easily see the last work day of an employee terminated an year ago for example. It is easy to run reports and keep track of employee's sick days or vacation days, if you have input them of course. Additionally, the little chat they have in the bottom right corner of the screen is extremely helpful. They are very responsive and more often than not are able to resolve an issue within minutes.

Cons

What I dislike is the fact that the information you can put in for the employees is limited. I think it will be more useful to have fields for hire dates, termination dates and so on. Also whenever we have technical issues with the actual clock, the process of mailing us a new one, returning the defective one and in general the time spent on the phone with customer service is quite long.
Also, when you put in sign in or out times manually (from the admin side on the computer) it automatically rounds them up which have cost us some hours discrepancies and potential problems with employees. Double check everytime you have to manually input somebody's hours!

Strauss
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good for the buck

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

I've had a good overall experience and would recommend its use to anyone just starting out on using online and electronic tracking of time.

Pros

It is easy to set up and easy for the employees to use. I like the way I am able to manipulate most things if needed. Vacation tracking is easy, however I would like more variables available as to how that vacation or PTO is calculated. I also liked being able to choose how each employee clocks in, whether it is with a passcode, tag, finger print or online.

Cons

I would like to be able to delete a lunch break that wasn't taken

Kelly

Simple, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Overall - it works for what we needed.

Overall - it works for what we needed.

Pros

It's not complicated for the average user. Easy to utilize. For larger companies - I could see this working well with all of the options for employees to clock in/out, etc.

Cons

I would prefer to have a few more options - particularly for the web-based folks (we don't use the other systems, so I can't speak to that). For instance, it would be beneficial to be able to deactivate certain benefit codes if they aren't being used for the company. We have people who will inevitably choose one and the system allows it -- but then it doesn't deduct from the correct allocation of benefit hours unless it is caught by admin/supervisor. In addition - getting to a point of analyzing benefit hours when an employee has a question is cumbersome. AND - the pop-up on the Services screen to tell you that you can't access certain things unless you use a punch clock -- is also a pain when we only do web. We don't need that reminder every single time we look at that screen.

Finally, we allocate a lump sum of benefit hours on Jan 1 for each employee. And if they do not use all hours, they are allowed to carry those hours over into the 1st Quarter of the following year. At the end of the 1st Quarter, if they have not used the carryover, they lose it. But they still have the 'new hours' that were allocated on January 1. It would be helpful as we've had with other systems to be allowed to identify the difference, and remove the carryover - but leave the new so employees know and can see what happened.

Sabrina
  • Industry: Human Resources

uAttend cannot alert you if someone does not punch in!

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

Since they became Workwell, the support assistance has really gone downhill. They don't answer their phones on time, they don't respond quickly to support requests.

Pros

I have liked that uAttend is pretty easy to setup and use.

Cons

The software has no capability to alert a supervisor if an employee does not punch in. It can alert you if a person punches in or out early or late but if the person just doesn't show up at all, radio silence. So our supervisors are having to constantly check the app to see if a person has arrived at all. Such a basic, minimal, requirement for timeclock software. Completely invalidates any positive features about the product. And support will tell you that many other customers have requested this (for years apparently) but it is not even "on the roadmap." Good grief.

Monica
  • Industry: Food Production

Excellent product and Service

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Pros

My employees used to stamp cards in a time clock. This procedure permits cheating, there is a lot of space for human error when totalizing the hours, and it is very time consuming to do so. With UAttend now everything works smoothly. I had read about some fingerprint readers giving problems, and getting stuck, but that hasn't been an issue at all. It works perfectly. The customer service is very good. The chat is very fast and the representative are always nice and efficient to answer.

Cons

My reader is hardwired so I barely have issues with connectivity, it has happened a couple of times in more than two years using it. I couldn't really complain about it.

Patrick
  • Industry: Farming

Awesome for my Small Business!

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

As my employee numbers grew, I was spending so much time manually keeping track of their hrs and also getting into arguments about the amount of hrs a employee had. This time clock and software completely makes this NO WORK at all! It completely takes all the headache out of this task of employee time keeping!

Pros

This software provides easy online access to my employees hours as well as a great phone app to quickly look up anything I want to know about the employees hrs worked. I especially like that I get a phone notification when any of my employees punch in or punch out! I am a dairy farmer who is away at times and it is crucial to know for sure if my employees are at the Dairy and milking my cows at the correct times of day.

Cons

None. A few times I was a little confused as to where to find something or do something, but these times were quickly resolved by the very competent Tech rep. on the phone.

Courtney
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

uattend review

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

Quickly adding and removing employees to and from the system. Great way to keep track of attendance.

Cons

Sometimes take a couple times as the thumbprint needs to be hitting the reader just right.

Response from Workwell Technologies

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It`s great to hear that adding and removing employees was smooth and effortless.

We`re constantly working on new software upgrades and enhancements so keep an eye out! It`s our goal to provide valuable alerts, insights, reporting, and much more than just employee time tracking with uAttend.

If you ever have any questions in the future, please feel free to reach out to our customer support for assistance. We`re here for you seven days a week.

Warmly,

Arlene
  • Industry: Warehousing

uattend

Reviewed on 2019/01/12

Pros

Makes punching in and punching out easy and accurate. I oversee the office so it's important to keep track of time stamps of when everyone starts their day and ends their day. This makes my life easier.

Cons

Sometimes it has a hard time reading thumb prints.

Response from Workwell Technologies

Hi Arlene,

First of all, thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. It's great to hear the ways uAttend makes your job easier.

For optimal fingerprint scanning, wipe the scanner surface clean with a soft, lint-free cloth from time to time.

If you ever need help with your device, feel free to reach out to customer support seven days a week.

Warmly,

Cynthia

Great Product for Multiple Locations

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

We love it. It is easy to use, has a great mobile app, and makes our timecards easy to collect.

Pros

We have employees at four different branches in four different cities. We have wall/punch clocks at three locations, and use online only at the other one. This allows us to have all our timecards in a centralized system for ease of use.

Cons

If a time clock needs to be reset, it ends up adding another clock into the system. If I don't catch that when it happens, I get charged for the extra clock. That's frustrating.

Luis

Time and attendance

average

average

Pros

easy to manage, install and user friendly.

Cons

unable to get multiple time cards at once

ADP Workforce Now
Teresa
  • Industry: Veterinary

Love uAttend!

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

With employees in the field and in the office, uAttend has been fantastic with the ability to log into the system in multiple ways and track employee attendance efficiently and correctly.

Pros

The ability and ease of having employees use their fob or app to login to track hours has been fantastic! There are many videos online that can be sent to employees to help with navigating the system but it really is fairly user friendly.

Cons

Once the set up is done it is easy to navigate uAttend and we have had no issues. Any questions an employee has had have been quickly answered.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

uattend review

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

fairly easy to use
mobile app for clocking in and out with available geofence
web based

Cons

the group punch feature is lacking.....
group punch allows you to select employees and then add notes/punch in / punch out etc for everyone that you selected but it only allows one group at a time.. so if you have to add the same thing for 10 people in 3 different work groups (adding a note that you authorized overtime for the employee) then you have to go to each work group, select the employees then add your notes.. you need to do this for each work group, so basically your doing the exact same task 3x, when you should be able to select all employees from all work groups or however many you want from each individual work group and do the task 1x.

• Industry: Insurance

I am highly disappointed in UAttend

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

It is user friendly, and the amount of data is great for what UAttend is used for. I don't know how much more I like about it.

Cons

This system is so limited to what you can do and how you can pull data. There should be more search options for going through time cards, and easier way of viewing data.

Response from Workwell Technologies

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear uAttend has not met your expectations. Please reach out so we can discuss an upgrade to our Citadel Time Cloud system. You may be interested in the features it provides.

Bland
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Keeps basic time but not much more...........Not recommended for off site use

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

I always get the feeling from customer support that this is the software it is and if you don't like it well we might get around to fixing it, maybe. When I was trying to solve one big problem (offsite clock/user maintenance) I was given a solution that after purchasing additional hardware still did not fix the problem. That was pretty frustrating.

Pros

Relatively inexpensive, easy to get started

Cons

Pretty inflexible, some areas not well thought out. Everything is a "future enhancement". Remote clocks not manageable from HQ, this is probably my biggest beef and why after 6 years I am looking for a replacement.