Amazon WorkSpaces

4,1 (14)
Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) software

Han A.

A cloud computer, but simple and dynamic

Reviewed on 2021/06/02

I have absolutely 0 complaints about the software it's rare yet I'm very pleased to say it this software is way above most other cloud software and it's hard to believe how easy and accessible it is.

Pros

Jesus, what's not to love about this software? (the price, the price can get high depending on your team) Still worth every penny say you need to leave somewhere and forgot your computer. That means you either go back or accept your internet defeat scrambling to get done what you can. Yea not anymore, this cloud software is so light almost any computer can run it, and to top it off any work-related files you have can be accessed as long as you download workspace all you need is a login and confirmation and done. I could probably go another few pages into how it has permissions, team coordination, easy management etc etc but really try it out.

Cons

I'll say the price can be a little rough but it's very well worth what you are paying for. When it comes to software I think [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows very well what he's doing.

Sandeep R.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Best Remote Desktop management tool

Reviewed on 2021/04/17

Overall its the best that runs smoothly without having consuming too much of RAM. It is must have tool especially during this work from home period. It works seamlessly in day to day usage.

Pros

It is easy to use. It has clean and simple user interface. It works on almost every desktop operating system. We can access it from anywhere with ease. It has two step verification system that allows us to safely login without the fear of getting hacked. Verification is always sent to mail every time we login so that its safe and at the same easy to use. It doesn't take up so much memory while running.

Cons

It doesn't work properly with slow internet connection. It gets disconnected automatically sometimes when there is even slight fluctuations in internet. Sometimes the verification mail doesn't get sent when we try to login. macOS client is slow compared to windows client.

Shirley C.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Lockdown lifesaver

Reviewed on 2022/02/17

I would recommend this to individuals and teams working remotely or by hybrid working. You can access your usual tools and systems, so don't have to make excuses for not being in the office to solve problems.

Pros

I like that it gives me access to the software I used at my desk in the office, but remotely. I look after a large and busy team, and need to have the tools at my disposal to assist them efficiently. Amazon Workspaces allows me to login on any machine, safely and securely, and have access to my work quickly from any location.

Cons

It sometimes disconnects randomly or gets slow in the evenings.

Montu G.

Review for Amazon Workspace based on daily use

Reviewed on 2022/03/11

Quick, Secure, Reliable, Use Friendly, Quick Installation makes it the most loved remote desktop tool.

Pros

Amazon Workspaces is fantastic for us as we need a reliable Desktop computer from anywhere. Amazon's uniquely assigned registration codes to each customer and restrictive access to designated user only makes it a more secure remote desktop tool. Our onshore client connects securely and quickly and it holds very less data, enough to be used on extremely old computers. Apart from this, security, network access, restricted permissions, this all features are easy to control from AWS. Customer support is usually good and in a quick manner.

Cons

Sometimes, it disconnects randomly or gets slow in the prime time, makes us to loose our productive hours. The lag time in access sometime annoying.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

amazon work space similar to horizon or vdi

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

ease to use decreases patching and upgrades on infra

Pros

easy to use no infrastructure necessary.no need of purchase of hardware no need to rack and stack windows vmware license storage every thing will be taken care by amazon

Cons

support .we will not have direct contact need to schedule a meeting for troubleshooting issues

John M.

AWS WorkSpaces

Reviewed on 2022/03/22

Overall, I would recommend AWS WorkSpaces to any company looing to explore cloud computing options. I look at AWS as a supplemental way for our users to access the software they need.

Pros

I enjoy the fact that our end-users can connect to their secure desktop WorkSpace from Chromebooks, Windows devices, Mac's and tablets. The critical applications that are needed are always a few clicks away accessible in the cloud.

Cons

Learning some of the AWS terminology can be confusing and the interface used to create WorkSpaces can be a bit clunky. Performance and connectivity issues sometimes get in the way of having a clean session.

Liberato S.

Best Work From Home Remote Tool

Reviewed on 2021/10/06

Overall it was an amazing experience!

Pros

So far this is the best virtual desktop for me. It was easy to use and we can let our users to work anytime and anywhere in the world. With just a few clicks our users can work remotely and securely. We can also customized the applications that our user need based on their work or department.

Cons

With awesome features comes with a great price. It was a bit too pricey compared to other remote desktop tool but I guess it is just fair specially when it has the latest and most secured features that a remote tool can offer nowadays. So why think of the price if you can benefit more from it.

Ankit G.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Setup Remote Desktops for the clients

Reviewed on 2020/07/05

Pros

1. It can easily setup remote desktops on the client machines
2. It is pretty secured as it asks for multifactor authentication code everytime you login
3. Multiple instances of the multiple workspaces can be opened at a time
4. The workspace retains to its state even when the application is closed

Cons

1. It lags at times, might be due to low internet connectivity
2. You need to repeatedly put multifactor authentication code if you mistakenly close the workspace application

Mohammad sami U.

Just like your local Machine

Reviewed on 2021/07/06

Like I said, these workspaces feels like I'm using a machine that is located near me, and using it was just like my personal computer

Pros

I've been using workspaces for about 2 months now and not for a moment I felt like it was a machine in the cloud, I loved it! I can manage it from the console I can stop and restart it plus latency is zero everything is just like my local machine

Cons

There is a catch, if user is not responding to the machine for about 48 hours, it will disconnect other than that everything is awesome

June B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Disappointing

Reviewed on 2022/04/21

Very disappointing and frustrating.

Pros

The client who wanted me to use Amazon Workspaces could never get it to work on my system, so I can't evaluate the pros.

Cons

The client who wanted me to use Amazon Workspaces could never get it to work on my system, so I could not do work for that client. Very disappointing and frustrating.

Vanessa W.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Recommend

Reviewed on 2021/05/26

Wonderful

Pros

Amazon is a place where you can literally fine any and everything you can possibly think of

Cons

Some brands tend to be fake or be over priced

Briana M.

Good For Remote Work

Reviewed on 2021/06/29

Overall, the product is good to have for security and protection of remote work computers.

Pros

I like that it is customizable so that you can monitor your employees from home and not have to worry about outside security threats to the desktops.

Cons

I think the software should have come with automatic updating. If a user did not see the notice to update, the desktop would not function properly and make the entire computer run slow even if hooked to the fastest of hardwired internet.

Fábio roque da silva R.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Very functional and safe

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

Pros

It allows a test phase with several instances and functionalities. The feeling of security for keeping important data in the cloud is irreplaceable. It has an excellent cost-benefit.

Cons

The free trial features are very good, but it could free up a few more instances.

Chandra S.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Be Ready for Technical Issues

Reviewed on 2021/06/01

Pros

We use this so our remote employees are able to access the programs they need to do their job. It does work for what we need it for and provides access in one central location.

Cons

This software often crashes and we spend a lot of time trying to fix issues so our employees can connect and able to perform work.