KidKare Food Program Reviews

KidKare Food Program

Write a Review!
Childcare platform for home providers and daycare centers

sharon

great program

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

saves time, I can go back and review. Receive updates current. Great Great. If their is something I don't understand, our rep is great.

Pros

the best and easy program for daily use. I am not the smartest computer person, I have no problems using the site. And it is free. Daily meals are entered and my end of the month is submitted with a blink. I don't have the best hand writing, I know the people on the end that would have to read my hand print is happy also. Thank you so much.

Cons

sometimes the site is slow. Nothing I can say Least about the software.

Kidkare review from Karlyn's Little Blessings

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Overall I love the website and everything it offers i just wish there were a few improvements to make it faster to log everything for the day and create menus.

Pros

i love how easy it is to use and navigate through the website for the most part. I use quick books for my payroll but it is extremely complicated to create invoices and log everyday expenses for my business and that is why I have chosen to continue to use kidkare.

Cons

I would say that there are a few things that are little complicated and not very user friendly, like creating a custom menu to use every month, it takes entirely way to long to create, and trying to figure out how to reuse a menu every month is a little complicated as well. it seems like every time i try to re use a menu for the next month it always skips days and i have to go in and fill in the blanks.
I also wish that there was a way to automatically check every child in for a meal that way i am not having to click on each individual child and then if there is one child that was not there for that meal i could just unclick their name.
When trying to send in a report for the month it can take all day to even send it in because the website seems to shut down.

Beth

Terrible system since switching from Minute Menu--They can't seem to get things to work...

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

only headaches thus far.

only headaches thus far.

Pros

I like that this is a web-based program so it is accessible from any device & because of this, I especially like that my parents can check their child in very easily on a designated tablet.

Cons

This is the same company that owned Minute Menu. They tested this program for many months before completely discontinuing Minute Menu. Because of that, one would assume the program actually worked. Where do I start on the "Cons"? ... For starters, the program randomly doesn't save data that was previously saved, such as the meals & times entered for the children in care (a requirement necessary to submit to the USDA Food Program), the forms & reports this program offers are a slim selection from what the MM program offered which most often results in significantly more time added to my work load. Don't expect an actual receipt to give to parents after posting payments to accounts. All you will get is a statement of account, not an itemized receipt which is common practice when receiving payments in a business. Plan to add time in having to hand write on every statement what payment was made, the form of payment, etc. Beware of this ridiculous program.

Jennifer

Kids menu easy option!

Reviewed on 2019/09/14

It’s a saving time for me because I plan ahead my menus, saved and I just have to include who is present or no! It is a great tool to have.

Pros

I love that it is very convenient to use and you can use anytime and anywhere! It is a better option for providers to do their menu with more time ahead and we don’t have to deal with papers no more !

Cons

There are few things that I like them to improve. First how you can go back and edit on the menus assistants in children, and how to add the numbers on each child.

Dawn

Days and minutes count

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

I am streamlining paperwork. I need as much time as possible w children. Anyway to streamline paperwork is advantageous. Support people are top notch..Know their product and are educational don;t seem like they are policing my business. Wish parents were educated more.

Pros

i can do on smart phone. it has pretty much all i need for my day. wish it had a list of credible w/g brands on this site. pain to go looking for in paperwork.

Cons

Only bad I can say is wish it I was more computer literate, seems so easy when I know the system. Not so easy when first attempting programs.

Jason
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Simplify CACFP participation

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

The organization the program provides is unparalleled. Introducing the program to new participants is quite easy. Every individual who was hesitant about converting to KidKare are always so pleased they did and wished they had switched earlier.

The Help desk is fantastic if issues do arrise

Pros

The ease of use. The program prompts if you forget a step. Collects all pertinate information for CACFP participation.

Cons

Over the past year there were a few days of technical issue all seems to be working properly again and we are happily moving along

Nancy
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Saves time

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

Excellent! Saves, time, money, and paperwork.

Excellent! Saves, time, money, and paperwork.

Pros

I save a lot of time being able to use my phone, laptop, or tablet to enter meals and other day care information on KidKare. It is user friendly. At the end of the month and it is time to turn in menus KidKare makes it so easy to do. Saves time and paperwork. I definitely recommend KidKare to other providers at our meetings. I would recommend providers to at least try it and see for themselves.

Cons

Sometimes the internet is out and you can not use, but that rarely happens. All you have to do is write down and then enter it later.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great site.

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Overall is it a great site, you just need to bring some things up to date. Other than that is a easy to use site.

Pros

I would say pros would be easy to use. I do think it needs some more work, but over all its easy to use.

Cons

You have to switch to another page to see how many times you selected a child for a meal. Or inputting the check in and check out times. You must go back and put AM or PM. Also I don't like the time out per day. Some days are so busy by the time I go entered my computer is either dead or the page just keeps loading and it takes up a lot of time especially when I am tried and just ready for bed.

Isah
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Love having an option for me to record my childcare suppers on the web

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

By and large: I love my experience the extent that my youngster care business goes. I have not utilized the bookkeeping programming yet I am thinking about pursuing that. As I expressed, the client support side is the main destruction up until this point. I haven't needed to utilize the client support for some time so I expectation it has improved.

Pros

I love the simplicity and accessibility on various gadgets to record my dinners and participation.

Cons

Customer administration is exceptionally moderate when you do require help...it takes days and once in a while weeks to find no solution most occasions. Extremely baffling no doubt.

Hattie

easy to keep track

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

My overall experience is that how well it keep track and I can go back at anytime and check on something. I started using this program when it was first introduced to my food program and I love recording on paper sucks,

Pros

How easy it to select the proper foods and i like that unless I put the required foods in for a certain meal the system will let me know and I won't be able to continue until I do.

Cons

At this time I can't think of one thing that I least like.

Rose

Feelings

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

it has been breeze for keep records on children and food program

it has been breeze for keep records on children and food program

Pros

It has been so easy to use! The only thing that has been a challenge for me is posting the food of the plan menu for the week. I will have a day almost posted and hit to stroll down and I end up deleting what I have done. It would be so helpful if you had to hit to DELETE to delete your work!

Cons

using the month menu planning form I have to much to do to sit here and write you fourty work it is simpl I like or I do not

Georgina

Comprehensive and Simple

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Great experience. I find myself digging deeper to see if I can find additional helpful features.

Pros

The menu planning is great and has all of the options needed. Even someone who lacks food planning knowledge can find this software appealing.

Cons

Not having the option to print all reports in color if desired. Have the ability for color in the reports allows for distinguishing different categories of information.

Virginia

KIDKARE FOOD PROGRAM

Reviewed on 2019/01/01

Overall, It is a easy program to operate. I enjoy working this program when it is operating smoothly. I wish there was a easier and faster way to record baby meals, rather than going to a separate screen. This is really time consuming.

Pros

The program is easy to use and can be learned quickly. There is more than one way to accomplish the same thing. I like when the program is flowing smoothly, without any issues.

Cons

Sometimes when I've worked a long day and there is issues with the program or it is running slow, I get irritated, as I am tired and am ready to take a break.

Laura
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Because It's easy...

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

KidKare, is the better way to submit my work. I love how simple it is to use and I can be on my way in no time.
thank you for the chance to share.

Pros

I enjoy using KidKare because it is easy. The time it takes me to log in and make an entry, I'm surfing the web looking for projects for the children.

Cons

sometimes it's hard to delete a section of a day after it has been saved.

Daisy
  • Industry: Computer Networking

KIDKARE IS GREAT!!

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

WHAT I LIKE IS THAT I CAN KEY IN WHAT TIME I CHOOSE BEFORE 12 AM. I ALSO, LIKE THAT I CAN TAKE ATTENDANCE WITH INSERTING WHAT I HAD FED THE CHILDREN. THIS IS A PROGRAM ALL IN ONE. I LOVE Kidkare!! THANK YOU

Pros

WHT I LIKE MOST IS THAT I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH PAPER THAT WAS HURTING OUR FUTURE ENVIRONMENT. AT FIRST, I WAS NERVOUS USING A NEW TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM THEN ONCE I HAD GOT THE HANG OF IT AND HOW I CAN KEY IN AND FORMAT THINGS, I LEARNED TO APPRECIATE IT.

Cons

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS AT THIS TIME, DONT CHANGE A THING.

Christine

saves so much time

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

I don't have to use paper menus and I can always go back to check my work

I don't have to use paper menus and I can always go back to check my work

Pros

all children's information is recorded so I don't have to enter their info everyday. It keeps trackof their birthday. Choices of food are easy tomake

Cons

takes a few seconds for meal to be saved. I'm usually in a hurry and when I enter meal I usually get an error message.

Jan
  • Industry: Consumer Services

KidKare review

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

it's nice to have everything in one place.

it's nice to have everything in one place.

Pros

It's easy to use. That is what I liked best. It is easy to use.

Cons

It would be nice if on the babies you could do a menu when you have several that are in the same age group. It get tiring when there are a bunch of babies and you have to enter each one individually

Zarinah

Works great for me!

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

It's easy to use. I love that I can use it on my cell phone, not just on my computer. I especially like that if I forget to check in a child in but try to enter them in for a meal, the system allows you to sign them in without returning to the check in/out page. I also like that you can copy a menu which saves a lot of time.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble getting into the system and may have to wait until later in the day to get in.

Sarah

Appreciate

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

The functions I use are helpful and time saving. I also appreciate the monthly option to pay....

Pros

I appreciate being able to use the app function in my phone. It’s amazingly convenient.

Cons

I do no not have any thing I like least about this program. I really enjoy the opportunity to use it each day.

Kathy

satisfied

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

Ive had a great experience using kidcare...I can keep track of menus and attendance way better than paper ...i am better organized and can get my stuff in quickly thank you!!

Pros

Its very easy to navigate and log in is fast

Cons

I would like to make a copy of calendars with child attendanceand i cannot do it on this program

Lorraine

Great program

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

My overall experience with KidKare was a productive experience.

My overall experience with KidKare was a productive experience.

Pros

What I liked most about this software was the convenience of utilizing it anywhere on any device.

Cons

What I did not like about the software was occasionally I would get kicked out of the program while trying to record meals.

Briana

Kidkare is great!

Reviewed on 2022/06/09

I truly enjoy using kidkare. It’s very user friendly and helps me keep track of what the kids ate, who’s all here, and the monthly calendar is a great tool too. I was a little intimidated by it at first but one I learned the ropes it was easy!

Pros

It’s super user friendly. I like the side bar hat jays out all your options so your able to quickly get to where you are going! It makes checkin in kids and logging food each day a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like it’s really slow or take forever to load . This can be frustrating when your trying to add information quickly,

MARIA

Daycare Provider

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

I love that you are able to use the program for your faster and convenience from any where you go at the touch of a fingertip, I will recommend this program for everyone to use.

Pros

I love the fact that its a easy online services to you for all you needs.

Cons

no complains. I love everything about it

Quennitta

Awesome food program for children

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

I love how I can plan meals ahead of time and how I can print out meal plans for my parents. I like the convenient that it offers i was not a fan of the old way with all those bubbles.

Pros

I love how easy the program is reallyset-up for you to choose meals for day to day planning. I love how I can run reports for everything I can think of that I might need.

Cons

At the moment I have no issues with anything. The program runs great for me.

sandra
  • Industry: Accounting

Its fast

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

I like it because I do not have more problems like when I did it on paper

I like it because I do not have more problems like when I did it on paper

Pros

Easy at any time, also I can plan the menu for weeks or month so I can spend more time teaching the kids.

Cons

well I did not have any problems with web-kids, so is nothing I disagree.