4,6
Justin B.
Industry: Education Management

Instant Community, Courses, and Commerce

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

We are using Mighty Networks to host community discussions, contests, and blog posts. Every step of setup has been seamless, and it has been a great experience for our members migrating from a Facebook group.

Pros

Easy setup and true self-contained, branded social network features for community creators

Cons

Would like more custom field options under user profile settings

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks Justin! We're happy to hear that you found the setup seamless and that it's been a great solution for migrating your members from a Facebook Group.

Eva B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Haven't regret the move for one second

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Pros

In a matter of weeks we were ready to launch our new community with several existing online courses moved over. Producing content is very easy. To get everything in one was very valuable for us - course platform with payed or free courses, enrolment and drip feed as well as a community platform with the ability to interact with other members. Available as apple and android app, our members can all of the sudden access their courses from their phone, without us having to develop and maintain two apps ourselves. Huge.

Cons

There are still features that we are hoping will get there. Like more drip feed settings and the ability to give a member access to a whole course at once even if it's drip fed to mention two. But we have made it work with existing features and the value largely overcomes some details we hope will be available in the future.

Response from Mighty Networks

So glad to hear that this has been a successful transition for you Eva, and that you and your members are taking advantage of the native mobile apps. We look forward to continuing to support you with more upgrades to features in the future!

Industry: International Trade & Development

There are better options out there..

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Frustrating to use. If the platform I joined it for didn't offer such valuable content for me I'd have deleted it from my phone

Pros

To be honest there isn't really very much at all that I like about this software. I use it because a network that I am part of is housed there and that is the only reason. I guess it is an alternative for people who don'T want to host a Facebook Group

Cons

It's really hard to keep an overview of what's going on so you easily miss information or can't find it when you need it, especially if it's further back inthe archieves. It may offer advantages for the platforms who are hosting there but I don'T find it user friendly at all

Response from Mighty Networks

Sorry to hear you've had a hard time finding your way in the community you're a part of. It does take some members time to get used to navigating a Mighty Network but most do pick it up and find it's easy to move around and get access to what they're most interested in by following the Topics they want to hear about, joining relevant Groups, checking out the Featured Section, and using email and mobile notifications to check in regularly. We also offer a really robust Search function. Please let us know if there's any specific feedback you have about how to make it clearer to find your way around.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Zac W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

The Key To Our Success!

Reviewed on 2019/12/30

It works great! Fluid, functional, and reliable!

Pros

MN is the product that enabled us to do what we were good at doing, at scale! The team behind MN wanted and fought for our success to make community coaching at scale feasible, exciting, and affordable. If you are a coach or community builder there is no better first party platform than Mighty Networks!

Cons

They were a little slow at getting some features off the ground but the wait was worth it!

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks Zac! We love having Youth Ministry Booster on the Mighty Networks platform. We appreciate all you do for your community.

Jeffrey Q.
Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

The Platform For Co-Creating A Purposeful World

Reviewed on 2019/12/24

The software is very easy to use and the guides and templates to set up your own community are excellent. It makes it very easy to launch a functional community in a very short time

Pros

Mighty Networks will be the platform that facilitates the emergence of humanity into our next level of civilization. Because it is focused on enabling creators with a purpose to capitalize on the immense value of our collective intelligence and communal creativity.

Cons

I really have not found something I do not like

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for your big-picture view of what's possible when we enable creator-led communities, Jeff. We're right there with you and appreciate your feedback on your experience with Mighty Networks.

Jeff T.

Mighty Networks for Community Empowered Learning Experiences

Reviewed on 2019/12/28

I have been using Mighty Networks for a little over two years now and it has been great to see the platform develop and grow. The people at Mighty Networks are fantastic and their availability, feedback, and knowledge have fundamentally and positively altered how I am approaching my business and how I teach. Community empowered education is the future of online learning and Mighty Networks is a fantastic starting point for those interested in designing free or paid collaborative learning experiences.

Pros

The power of MN lies in its core focus on community design and engagement. It is easy to get started, produce content and engage with members in various contexts.
The community surrounding the software and the support from the people at Mighty Networks is incredibly strong and transcends the use of the software. They are supportive not just in using the software but also in designing meaningful and successful digital communities.

Cons

As with any third-party platform, there are substantive limitations to the customization and design options available to hosts. There is no "getting under the hood" to tweak usability, SEO, functionality, default member settings, member communications, landing page design, etc.
The course design options within the network are solid but lack many features of comparable offerings like Teachable and Thinkific. The strength of the course options lay in its community-first approach to learning experiences but if you require detailed student tracking, dedicated project spaces, integrated feedback options, etc. other LMS options would be a better fit.

Response from Mighty Networks

We really appreciate this thoughtful review Jeff and are honored to hear that our approach to community design has impacted your own teaching.

Ian R.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Mighty Networks Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

So my comment above about using the group structure is the main business benefit. I really don't think anyone else offers it. So that has been pivotal.

Pros

The main feature for me is I have the courses and the community in one place. My classes require that I have a series of groups with say 20 students. But I have 15 of them. Each group posts to their own group and interacts with that group throughout the course. Each member can go and see what other groups are doing if they are curious. But they specifically work within a small group. I do not thing any other platform allows that. Also I deal with an older demographic and I did not want to use facebook, and I wanted the teaching platform and the groups all in one place. That has been invaluable.

Cons

So I am not very good with tech. And I found for myself that I was confused about setting it up. I also think I was sort of pushing the envelope in terms of my group structure so it was not a straight forward situation. But I got good support. And now it is all simple. Because I have a lot of retirement aged students I think they have issues with the tech too. But they have problems with zoom calls too so who knows. My needs are pretty striped down other than the groups and course platform. So there are lots of features I have never used.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for this detailed feedback Ian! We're glad you've found benefit in the ability to combine your courses with community and break out different cohort groups. We look forward to you getting more benefit from the other features as you grow with the platform!

Joan D.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Engaged members = great community = better business

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

I love the folks that run Mighty Networks. They truly care about their users and are constantly listening to those of us who host networks on their platform. They believe in continuous improvement and are transparent and present for their users. I feel like I joined part of an online family rather than just signing up and using some piece of software. I'm delighted with my network!

Pros

My new online community—the Gutsy Great Novelist Writers Studio—hosted on the Mighty Networks platform is fantastically engaged in a way I never saw inside my Facebook group. The writers in this community have truly become friends. They collaborate on their writing, freely share knowledge, tips and resources, celebrate and laugh and have fun together, and mostly they're just super engaged with each other in a respectful space that's ad- and distraction-free. What I love most about MN is that as the host I can offer everything in one space: online classes, private groups, live events . . . all under one roof! Ahhhh!

Cons

There's a learning curve for users that needs to be carefully managed in an onboarding process, since the users are trying something new. So the set up time is somewhat labor-intensive, but MN offers an online class to help you design things wisely so you're set up for success in that regard. Once I got that onboarding process up and running, I was in great shape, and users that pay attention can be fully engaged within a very short time.

Response from Mighty Networks

We really appreciate this feedback Joan and are happy to hear that you and your community have found a home on your Mighty Network where you can build real connections without distractions, while also helping you build your business. We will continue to look for ways to help our Hosts onboard their members so they can jump in and begin experiencing the community and results you are creating for them.

Ili R.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Why I love Mighty Networks for hosting my commune

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

Mighty Networks is my favorite community platform. The staff is super responsive and engaging with their hosts. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to engage, in a focused manner, with a community.

Pros

Mighty Networks is an aesthetically beautiful and well-designed platform that allows members to connect, without distraction. It allows for intentionality when members want to engage, and keep them focused on the most important happenings, with featured and welcome sections.

Cons

I wish there were a way for admins to notify members of the day's posts once. I also do not believe members can notify others (via email) when the create a new post. These features would help to decrease member emails while also keeping members in the loop.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks so much Ili! We love having your community as part of Mighty Networks and are glad it enables your members and you to build real connections and access the most relevant posts and content. We did recently launch a feature that enables members to sign up for a daily email digest of notifications so hopefully that will help address your concerns about too many emails.

Ed T.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Forward thinking

Reviewed on 2019/12/24

It is a robust, easy to use program that makes it easy for anyone to build their own community and have their own app without complicated (or expensive) tech. Once they tie in more video options it will take everything to the next level!

Pros

The software has grown a lot since I first started using is a year ago. Right away I saw the benefits of this amazing software that would allow me to take my membership community to the next level – I'm a techie and I'm always ahead of the curve so this software was a perfect match!

Cons

When I first started with the software a year ago it was still being developed in terms of ease of use for providing different types of membership options which now is available.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks so much for this review Ed! We're glad you're taking advantage of the Payment features we offer and are excited to see where you take your Mighty Network. Plus we're glad to hear it's a good fit for you as a techie who wants to ditch complicated and expensive solutions.

Alex S.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The Future of Digital Community

Reviewed on 2019/12/28

My experience has been amazing. I am 100% satisfied with Mighty Networks as a company and a product. The future of digital community is being build on the foundation that Mighty Networks is setting.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is the beautiful simplicity of the software. Although it's easy to use and clean, it also has a wide range of features that are continuously being added.

Everyone who has joined my community has said the same thing, "This is amazing!"

People love Mighty Networks because it is a true community builder!

Cons

It's difficult for me to find any cons or even constructive criticism for Mighty Networks. From my conversations with the MN team, I know we're still at the beginning. Perhaps I can mention a few enhancements that I'd like to see (I'm sure these are on the way)

1. No native video (Ideally, I'd be able to upload video directly within MN.)
2. Lack of ways to pay out ambassadors (Having simpler ways to pay members for referrals would be helpful as well.)
3. No "live" features inside of the program (I'd like to "go live" with my entire audience without having to leave MN.)

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks a ton Alex! We're glad to hear words like "beautiful simplicity" "easy" and "clean" associated with our software. Also happy to know that you're members are enjoying it!

Tara M.
Industry: E-Learning

Mighty Networks makes what we do possible

Reviewed on 2019/12/30

Mighty Networks has helped us build a robust private network for small business owners. We appreciate their desire to improve the software, adapt to user needs, and pioneer new ideas. It's been an absolute pleasure working with the Mighty Networks team!

Pros

Mighty Networks makes it possible for us to bring small business owners together so they can learn from each other. We appreciate having a private, well-organized space for conversation. We also love the features that help members find each other and get to know each other better.

Cons

Mighty Networks is pretty darn intuitive--but it can be a learning curve for some members. We've found this can be overcome by simply creating resources and events that help members navigate the space and experience the platform.

Response from Mighty Networks

We really appreciate this Tara! Thanks for highlighting the ways it helps your members connect. We're honored to have the What Works community on the Mighty Networks platform.

Ron C.

Excellent mMembership Platform

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Mighty Networks hands down solved my problem or needing a community based platform I could have both a membership and courses without clutter and ads. My members are active and engaged and the Mighty Team have created a fantastic, step by step set up that I was able to get up and running in no time

Pros

This was easy to set up and the support I receive is timely. It has a great community feel and the features I need to run a community centred learning experience.

Cons

I would like to see better image management and the ability embed from more sources but overall there has been nothing that we couldn't figure out an alternate method for.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks Ron! We're so glad you found the setup process easy and straightforward so that you could get up and running quickly, and create the "community-centered" learning experience you want to offer. We plan to update the image management features in the future to make this an even better experience for you and your members.

Lisa P.

Love this platform!

Reviewed on 2019/12/24

I've loved everything about it so far. Very user friendly, I love all the options I have within the platform (I use the highest level plan) from having different groups to the courses I can create. I have barely tapped into everything I want to do with it. From the CEO to staff, everyone has been so helpful in engaging and responding to questions. Absolutely loved the Masterclass they offered as well!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and all the engagement I can get out of it without any other distractions. I love the Masterclass which really helped me learn so much more about it.

Cons

I love a lot about it but there are some functionalities missing. I am impressed with how they respond to requests and how open they are about what they can and can't do and what items are priorities.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thank you Lisa! We love hearing that you find your Mighty Network easy to use and distraction-free. We appreciate you highlighting your experience in our Community Design Masterclass too!

Elayne F.
Industry: Online Media
Company size: Self Employed

Finally, a platform that GETS me!

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

The support has been incredible and makes me feel confident about taking a chance on the platform, investing in it and moving my community of 446 women over to it. I've been thinking about moving from Facebook for more than a year but didn't know where to go or how to make it work. Mighty Networks was the answer.

Pros

I'm most excited to have everything all in one place for my community and to focus on really building it here. With Mighty Networks, I will be able to close my Facebook group, cancel Teachable, cancel Clickfunnels and be able to offer my community special features like the app so they can connect with other women entrepreneurs in their area.

Cons

I'm not sure there's a way to do live chats within our groups yet, but I'm sure that's coming. ;)

Response from Mighty Networks

We really appreciate hearing from you Elayne and are particularly glad to know that you'll be able to bring everything together in your Mighty Network.

Scott A.
Industry: Management Consulting

User Experience

Reviewed on 2020/01/06

Side stepping FB & L-I filters (owning contacts) and having direct access to members is great! MN team support/responsiveness and Mighty-Hosts community are real game changers. As users we feel/are connected and supported.

Pros

It is mostly intuitive and easy to use, navigate, get to know. The same ease-of-use is experienced by most new community members - and this IS our member experience priority!

Cons

Limited options for 3rd party payment platforms. "STRIPE or nothing" is no choice.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for the specific feedback Scott!

Susan C.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Perfect, Safe, Global Online Community

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

Mighty Networks enables achievement of the B2C business goal that I've work on for over 15 years.

Pros

Mighty Network safely and intuitively supports global networks of people who share an interest. No fake news or fake ads. Easy to control content and membership.

Cons

Some of the start-up choices for structure were confusing, but the online support to address the confusion was fabulous!

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks so much for this review Susan!

Industry: Events Services

Ideal for community builders

Reviewed on 2019/12/24

It has been great for building community around a topic

Pros

No ads, no algorithms, well designed and intuitive

Cons

More needs to be done to encourage members to keep revisiting the group. On Facebook groups , users have a habit of visiting groups, but they haven't with Mighty Networks. This is a big drawback for me.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for the feedback! We'll take it back to our team, as we are always looking at new ideas to help Mighty Networks Hosts keep their members engaged with things like email, mobile notifications, and messaging.

Martinus E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Mighty Networks is a game changer!!

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

I've been using MN since July 2018. I am 100% satisfied with the software. Mighty Networks have been a game-changer for my business.

Pros

What I love the most about Mighty Networks is that fact that I can literally have everything in one place. MN helps keeps my community members engaged and the user interface is clean and easy to use.

Cons

It's hard to find a Con for Mighty Networks. The only thing that is on my wish list from them right now is having native video and a way to do Livestreams inside of the product. I know that is something that they are currently working on.

Darryl D.
Industry: Publishing

Good but not perfect

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Mixed experience. Good platform, but I wanted a bit more control.

Pros

It is a good alternative to big social media platforms. It allows a lot of features that encourage participation.

Cons

We used it as a course platform, and felt a bit frustrated that we couldn't control some of the features.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for the feedback Darryl! We'd love to hear what you wanted more control over in the Courses feature.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Patricia G.
Company size: Self Employed

Bringing my vision to life!

Reviewed on 2019/12/28

I want to bring a group of people together to learn and grow and support each other as I mentor them along the way and provide access to a resource bank - Mighty Networks is just the right fit for all those things, along with one of the best customer service experiences I've had online. The team at Mighty Networks really wants you to succeed and provides all the support necessary to do that!

Pros

I love the close, sheltered experience my members get when they join me in our group - they can focus, be honest, and stay on track without distractions or worries about information getting out.

Cons

Integrating with another software in order to share video is still a work in progress but it is possible and there is promise that there is more to come!

Response from Mighty Networks

Thank you Patricia! We're so glad you've had a great customer experience--we really are behind you. Glad to hear that you're able to bring your vision to life with a Mighty Network.

John J.
Industry: Internet

Price

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

Pros

Easy to use and a lot of features. Ready to go.

Cons

The Free version is very limited. The next step up is the Community Plan which is NOT $23 per year but $23 per month. With the Free plan, you do not get your own domain, topics (absolutely needed), or access to your members.

I think BBPress on WordPress is a better option at a less monthly cost.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for the review John. Our Community Plan does actually include custom domain and Topics. Access to your members' email addresses is available on the Business Plan but there are still many ways to reach your members on the Community Plan including our Notify All feature and Message All Members.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Marnie J.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

First impressions are great! Let's see if it stands up to the test of time.

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Pros

I love the potential this shows for creating an online network for remote organization members to connect. I love the user profiles and I love the flexibility of the product.

Cons

Not crazy about the character limits on the profile page. This is a place where our users get to know one another, I wish the "about" statement could be a little longer!

Response from Mighty Networks

Hi Marnie, thanks for the review! We do give members the option to write a fairly long introduction on their profile page (600 characters). Hope that helps with what you're looking to accomplish!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Paul R.
Industry: E-Learning

Great idea but bad implementation

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Great idea but needs a lot more work

Pros

I love the way they integrate social learning and community in the user experience.

Cons

Lots of bugs and a clunky design when used on a smaller screen.

Response from Mighty Networks

Thanks for the feedback Paul. We appreciate any specific feedback that you can provide about bugs or what you found clunky on the small screen. I didn't see any support inquiries from you in our system during your short time using our platform, but you are always welcome to share your feedback at [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10