Range

Range facilitates teamwork that works from anywhere.

Andrew S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The easiest way to support agile, remote work and workers

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

The company itself is great. I appreciate the outreach and support that we've gotten so far. And as I mentioned above, it streamlines a lot of the very manual check-in processes that we used to use. Adoption is growing exponentially, which feels like an overall success for me.

Pros

We're an incredibly distributed team. Over 50 people spread across three continents and a dozen different sites. Range helps me set shared objectives for my team and then gives me a view of what people are working on. I love that it ties updates to goals, and that it surfaces blockers and concerns in an easily digestible way.

The additional questions that create trust and shared understanding are icing on the cake.

Cons

It's very G-Suite centered. That worked well at my previous company where we were deeply embedded within the Google ecosystem. It's a bit more challenging in a Microsoft tools world (Office, Sharepoint, Outlook). Not impossible, but it does require a bit more work.

Response from Range

Thanks so much for the feedback Andrew - we've got more integrations underway, so stay tuned.

Noreen M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Digital Checkin

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

With the new normal and things going digital, it helped me stay connected with the team. I also had fun answering the random questions.

Pros

It integrates with Google and I do not have to retype what happened and plans. It also asks questions that allows you to get to know the team and see at a glance how other team member feels.

Cons

I have not explored much. But I wanted to customize the questions.

Response from Range

Hi, Noreen. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Range. It's great to learn that it's been making a difference on your team.

Alex L.

Ruthless Efficiency Making Way For Human Connection

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Amazing. It enhanced our stand ups and team dynamic. I think it really helped our team get to know each other outside of team events and had us interacting as people daily, instead of cogs in a corporate machine.

Although, I think this requires a pretty healthy environment for it to work; stand ups are about honesty and if the work environment is tense due to team members disliking each other, or a manager who micro-manages and is doing everyone's job for them, this can quickly become a tool of tyranny.

Pros

The daily personal question. It, in drastic hyperbole, humanizes your team mates since I feel like sometimes people see each other as not even though we give it our best go. This happening daily was a good reinforcer of that.

Cons

I think sometimes the integrations with GitHub, JIRA, and Google Calendar give questionable suggestions. If you say, forget to put an update sometimes it'll give you suggestions from the week, but a few times due to shenanigans I sometimes get suggestions from months ago.

Response from Range

So happy to learn about the improvements Range has been able to help you and your team make.

Thank you, Alex, for taking the time to share your very thoughtful feedback!

As we continue to develop Range, please do continue letting us know where we can improve.

Daniela L.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

A happy user of Range

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Very happy to have Range in my working process.

Pros

It solves all the problems of daily stand-up. It's easy to track the history, interact with colleagues, and give me reminders for future tasks.

Cons

I use Range as my first step in my daily work and I write down my daily check-in with it. The only thing I would like to complain is I have to click the "daily check-in" in the menu rather than the screen pops up in my view at the first stage.

Response from Range

Hi, Daniela! We wanted to say thank you for using Range and for taking the time to share your feedback here.

We will continue making improvements Range, so please continue to let us know if there are improvements you would like to see.

• Industry: Government Administration

Clean and awesome UI for powering Max efficiency

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Our team saves so much time from daily stand ups, half hour for each member * 8, 4 hr a day dev time back to our hands! that's huge improvement if you are looking to have more efficient communications!

Pros

UI is very easy to use and super cool workflows and takes mins to adopt. Great integrations with calendar, JIRA, Github and slacks, drag and drop to populate very detailed status updates.

Cons

Some of the settings are little bit hidden, rarely we need to remove a user, so it can use some improvements.

Response from Range

Thanks so much for sharing this feedback! Really glad you're liking Range and that it's providing real value to your team.

If you're up for sharing additional feedback with us, I'd love to chat.

Pattie R.
  • Industry: Information Services

I like using it, not sure I would pay for it

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

I love the questions and I talk about them with my colleagues who don't use Range often.

Pros

- the reminders to use it
- the integration with google calendar (I used to have to reference several tabs to build these lists)
- the team question every day

Cons

- don't understand the meeting function so well, I think a better understanding of how I could use it would help
- it creates less friction to a task my team would do anyway but I'm not sure the slight reduction in friction is worth paying for

Response from Range

Thanks very much for the feedback. We have some updated information about best practices running meetings, on Help Center, but will look to develop more walk throughs so you can understand how to make the most of the meetings feature. We'd also be able to happy to walk you though it through it if you connect with us through the Intercom customer support channel.

Brent M.

Great piece of software for managing standups, meetings and OKRs

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

It helps everyone see what everyone's doing every day

Pros

Daily standup summaries in Slack are really helpful for tracking remote/WFG employees.

Cons

Trying to get buy in from people who like doing things the old way. No complaints about the software.

Response from Range

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here, Brent! Really grateful for champions like you.

Mark B.

Great tool for teams

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

It's been such a help for our team. Also for providing clarity around OKRs and weekly meetings.

Pros

Range helps our team in a bunch of ways. We're a team distributed across separate campuses (and now all remote), and it's one of the tools we use to keep on the same page. The best tool, actually. Range's daily check-ins mean we always know not just what people are working on, but how people are doing. Range makes all of this super straightforward.

Cons

The good thing about Range is transparency within a team and among teams. If you're not up for that, it might be hard. But it's not been an issue for us.

Response from Range

Thanks Mark for the feedback and the great point on transparency.

Adam W.

Range has range!

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

Pros

Having an easy way to post daily standup updates, rollup in single posts, and have cross-team groups has been really nice. When I want to keep my team updated while I'm in meetings, I can post my Range update or suggest that the team use Range instead of a daily meeting. Having the daily sentiment updates is neat to have, since we can post if we're feeling a bit down or simply happy.

Cons

There are a lot of additional features that I don't take advantage of that much (meetings, OKRs), which I feel that I pay for in addition to core features I use. I have used them in the past with success, but doesn't always roll-up to how I report and depends on participation from the team.

Response from Range

Hi there, Adam! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with Range here. I do hope you and the team start exploring more of Range in the near future.

Adam O.

Range is the easiest way to stay in sync with your remote team

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Pros

It was dead simple to set up and the Slack integration made it an immediate natural extension of our team's daily workflow!

Cons

The UX of Objectives is difficult to navigate and we are still finding new easter eggs hidden as we explore it more. I'm really interested in using Objectives as a lightweight replacement for tools like TeamGantt but it's not _quite_ there yet.

Response from Range

Really appreciate your feedback in this review, Adam. Thank you!

Would be great to connect and hear any more feedback you might have and see how we can continue improving Range for you and your team.

Tom P.

Helps keep everyone in the loop!

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Overall have a very good experience and use it every day. Recommend for companies that have a lot of remote workers.

Pros

- The ability to get an overview on what everyone is doing
- being able to run meetings and take notes effectively
- lets you prioritize your day as you are doing your checkin

Cons

- the notes and topics section when doing a meeting can be a little confusing. We edit the topic, but it wont save it as a note unless you add a note. I find that extra step unnecessary and it could be more streamlined.

Response from Range

Thank you, Tom, for sharing your feedback with us (especially for the note on meetings).

Kevin E.

Don't know what I'd do without you!

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

Range is awesome. They're frequently adding new features, the design and functionality is extremely intuitive, and they have outstanding customer service. They're always looking for what users want to see in their product, and it's clear they're listening.

Cons

Some of the integrations could be build out even deeper.

Response from Range

Thank you, Kevin, for your feedback and support!

Chris M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Range review

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

Questions about getting to know your team

Cons

I get logged out randomly and Slack can be kind of noisy with the integration. It will ping you directly and also ping channels.

Response from Range

Thanks for your feedback, Chris! Really glad you're enjoying the culture and team-building questions.

And thank you for using Range!

John S.

Keep connected with the Pleco Team in a Virtual world

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

I enjoyed it. Perfect way to connect with members of the team you have never met in person or whom you never worked with. Get insight on what other projects are going on at the company.

Pros

Made reporting updates fun and easy...good way to see what other members of the team were doing on a day to day basis.

Cons

Going in every day, became tedious on some days.

Response from Range

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback here, John. I hope some of our upcoming updates make Range even more valuable to you and your team.

Carolina Y.

Range gets your team on the same page

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

Range has been great in connecting team members with eachother to see what what we're working on. It's easy and fast to use.

Pros

I like how Range brings transparency on what different teams are doing. It gets us all on the same page on what we are all working on.

Cons

Some of the personal questions are a little random and out there.

Response from Range

Hi, Carolina. Thank you for sharing your feedback and letting us know you and your team are finding value in Range!

Ben W.

A daily drumbeat for my team

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Range has made my team feel less lonely, and it's allowed me to understand the individuals on it better. By helping to establish a communicative process, it made transitioning to being a remote team easier. It's well designed and easy to use. Not every team member feels comfortable answering its emotional questions, and not everything is perfect for our use, but I'm very glad it's become a daily part of our routine.

Pros

Range makes it incredibly easy to stay on top of what my team is doing - and what they're feeling. Particularly during the remote coronavirus lockdown, this has become invaluable. It's a simple way to help everyone understand what's going on across the team.

Cons

The meeting feature is good, but not quite right for us. We ended up customizing the idea and running it out of a Google Doc for a little more flexibility. I'd love to see more customization here.

Response from Range

Thank you, Ben, for your feedback. It's great to hear that you are getting real value from Range and that it's helping you all during this time.

And we're continuing to look at how we can improve all of our features, so thanks for the feedback on meetings!

Jessica W.

Great For Keeping Virtual Teams Connected

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

We were needing to do quick priority check-ins each day with our team, but doing it on a zoom call just took so much time. Instead of doing a 10 minute check-in, we ended up spending 45 minutes on a call. This heps us serve the same purpose but taking less time, and making it easy for people to also reference back to your priorities throughout the day.

Pros

I love that it helps our team members keep each other in the loop about the priorities we have for the day, and that is super each to check in directly from slack or in range itself. But I think my favorite feature is the unique questions that it asks each day. Our team has learned so many new things about each other that probably would not have come up in conversation any other way.

Cons

The only thing I wish is that you could do a company-wide check-in, as well as smaller team check ins as well.

Response from Range

Hi, Jessica! Really appreciate this amazing feedback you've shared. It's great to learn that Range is saving your team so much time and making a difference for you all.

I'd love to chat with you about you and your team's experience using Range and how you've been using it if you find some time in the near future.

Calvin P.

Best tool for (remote) stand-ups

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

Minimize meeting time, Range is a great tool to replace the daily stand-up meetings. Integration with Google Calendar is a big plus.

The additional questions (team building, leadership, etc) are great. It helps remote teams to know each other better and initiate conversations on some watercooler.

Pros

This is the best tool for daily standup replacements. If there is no need for a face-to-face standup, Range does a good job of giving transparency to what everyone is doing.

Cons

The "objective" and progress tracking could have been better. Using hashtags works but quite inconvenient, and it gets messy when there are multiple objectives.

Response from Range

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Range with us! Please do continue to let us know how we can keep improving things.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great, easy software to consolidate work, teams, agendas and meetings

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Overall experience has been satisfactory.

Pros

This software is very simple and to-the-point. Has a few selected sections so you are never lost or overwhelmed. The meeting manager is great. It lets us create and conduct easy interactive sessions. The UI is simple, friendly and moves away from a very formal approach making it easy for new users to warm up.

Cons

It's a web based software. You can download the app but it always takes you to the webpage and you have to sign in with a link.

Response from Range

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Really glad to learn you've found it easy to navigate and use Range.

Stephanie W.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good for Team Moral

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

It is good to see what everyone has on their plates.

Pros

I like how you can see what colleagues are doing and the ability to rate how you feel and the daily question helps to boost team morale.

Cons

It doesn't have much use for us besides the daily check in.

Response from Range

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Stephanie. Would love hear what we could add to Range to make it provide more value to you and your team.

Mutale C.

Range Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

I am able to create a to do list and be able to share with the team that i have checked in. It can be integrated with other software applications.

Cons

I had to figure out initially on my part how to to daily check ins and make sure that it is published(not really a real issue anymore, figured it out quick enough after taking my time)

Can my check ins be done without publishing it to my team?

Response from Range

Thank you for the feedback!

You can't, at this time, publish check-ins without sharing them with your team. Would love to learn more about how you would like to use Range if you're up for chatting.

Franz P.

Nice Approach to OKR's

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Great,
Customer service on point and the help articles keep it KISS oriented.

Pros

I think the way it's organized. It's pretty clear where to get things done. At the end of the day you've got to understand the OKR philosophy to make any of these OKR saas offerings to make sense.
If you do understand OKR then range really flows as an organic extension of that philosophy.
I love the meeting features and especially the 1:1 s as well
The culture feature is something I have always looked for from fan OKR solution and Range nails it both with emojis and and org questions to foster a winning culture even if your team is remote.

Cons

Some of the integrations require webhooks which may be totally necessary but do reduce my user experience a bit.

Response from Range

Franz, thank you so much for your very thoughtful review and feedback of Range. Lots of encouragement for the team.

If ever you're up for connecting to share more of yours and your team's experience with Range I would love to chat!

Daniela M.
  • Industry: Design

Keep your team aligned

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

I've been using this for over a year, almost two, and I've been satisfied with how it's growing. I think it's a great product to keep your day in check and keep your team aligned.

Pros

It has a lot of integrations that help me to quickly make an update about my day to share with my team. It saves me a lot of time and makes my focus points available for my team.

Cons

It's still a little bit difficult to understand how to set goals and such. It's a good feature, but I feel like it needs more work to make it more simple.

Response from Range

Daniela, thanks so much for sharing this feedback here. I hope some of our work on our Objectives feature makes it easier for you and the team to get up and running there.

Noel S.

Business productivity

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Provided me with better management visibility over my achievements, task list, and plans; allowed for heightened collaboration on our work lists and projects

Pros

Am not the most organized person so am always on the lookout for in integrated tool that my team may also use and collaborate on. Range is the first solution that meets my needs after nearly 30 years of working.

Cons

Online tutorials based on functions would be of great help to newbies

Response from Range

Thank you, Noel, for sharing this feedback. Really happy to hear that you're finding value and real benefits in using Range. And we'll be working on tutorials!

Shuo S.

Range is a great to-do list

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Overall, Range has been a great way for me to keep my mind focused on the tasks that need to be done for the day. It's also a great way to create a history of my work, including artifacts that may get lost in the shuffle of JIRA, Google Drive, etc.

Pros

I love the Daily Check-in feature - it's the only feature I use, more or less. I love being able to create a to-do list for the day, and I love that the tasks are automatically checked off if they're associated with a calendar event (like a meeting).

Cons

Not being able to drag events (Calendar events, JIRA tickets, Asana tasks, etc.) into previously created tasks in My Plan.

Response from Range

Thank you, Shuo! Really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.