Showing 13 reviews of 12

Microsoft Whiteboard

Freeform digital canvas for sharing ideas and content

Showing 13 reviews of 12
Amanda F.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

In a Remote World, It's an Inexpensive Resource

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Overall it was a free tool as part of our existing Microsoft Office 365 solution and has given remote teams an option to brainstorm and collaborate virtually. It will take some learning either through their free training resources or if internally created to your organization.

Pros

It was easy enough to download the desktop app and start using immediately. A nice option for team brainstorming sessions while all remote. Collaborative capability with multiple users simultaneously.

Cons

As with most Microsoft products there's a learning curve - takes some time playing around with it to discover how to accomplish the task you had in mind. Still discovering new options and ways to make it more user-friendly within our team. Hard to see everything at once, need to zoom in and out and move around the page a lot if you have a lot of content on one board.

• Industry: Publishing

Easy and free whiteboard cloud-based Software

Reviewed on 2020/07/26

I use Microsoft Whiteboard to prepare simple slides to use in my tutorials.

Pros

I'm glad that Microsoft Whiteboard is also available for pc. I downloaded it for free on Microsoft Store for Windows10.
It is a simple whiteboard on which I write using a digital pen easily. On my board I can also load different types of documents, as PDF, Word or Power Point document, and photos. I can draw using different colors, and underline, or cancel. I can save my work as PNG o SVG.
Being is a cloud-based software, I can also work with others, giving them the link to my board.
Microsoft Whiteboard is easy, fun, and free.

Cons

Surely many features could be added. I can't say it's a competitive product, but it is free, easy, with basic functions. That is enough for a quick work.

William M.

A fun, engaging meeting tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

I enjoy using Microsoft Whiteboard for my intended purposes, but will continue to look at alternatives. I am tied to the O365 cloud though.

Pros

I use whiteboard for client meetings and find it very easy to draw up simple diagrams while presenting. It's also great to be able to export an image of the entire whiteboard if needed.

Cons

While I understand it's meant to be a simple tool, it could use more features to become a more functional collaborative tool.

Chris L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A Collaboration Dream!

Reviewed on 2021/01/09

Like I said above, it's perfect for working with a bunch of people at once. It gives everyone a voice and helps everyone work together on whatever project you may be focused on.

Pros

If you're a part of a team that works together then you have to try Whiteboard! It's so easy to use and perfect for allowing everyone to get involved on a project together. A must have if you do any collaboration at all.

Cons

Nothing so far. It seems like a pretty easy program to learn and definitely easy to implement. So far so good!

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Superseded by OneNote

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

I trialled this product and ultimately found it unsuitable for team collaboration. OneNote is a far better choice for that.

Pros

The ability to doodle thoughts, ideas, plans on a virtual whiteboard and share them to the wider team for further consideration. Having access to a tablet or touch-based device also enables you to capture your thoughts in finer detail

Cons

Seems overly focused on replicating a physical whiteboard into a digital space along with the lack of flexibility when it comes to entering in content. You're hamstrung if you attempt to use a desktop PC instead of a tablet.

Nisitha C.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Best tool to teach(No doubt about it)

Reviewed on 2020/04/26

It's really good for users I will highly recommend for others as well

Pros

It is user friendly software which is very easy to make my task in a perfect manner as I think.

Cons

Need to check with more personalize service to the customers.

Alexandru M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

The best software for brainstorming

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

From my point of view it is a great tool for productivity

Pros

What I like the most it is that we can use it in meeting to share ideas, design diagrams and to just brainstorm

Cons

I don't have anything that I dislike about this software

Özen Ş.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Helpful but Should be Improved

Reviewed on 2020/12/30

It would not be fair to have many valuable feature from a free online tool but when we check the alternatives on the market, Whiteboard has a long way to reach current market standards but with the positional power of Microsoft, they will be able to improve their software in accordance with customer expectations.

Pros

Being cloud based makes it easy to use with various users simultaneously. Its adoption to tablet or tablet like touch screen devices is quiet helpful.

Cons

The software shall be modified with additional features especially to be an effective tool for crowded workshops or training activities.

Maisarah H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best to pair with remote software

Reviewed on 2021/02/20

We are very happy to use it at the first, but after a while we start to see there are some lacking with all the feature that are offered by this software. I have opted to switch to other digital whiteboard software that can fit our work needs better.

Pros

Microsoft Whiteboard is best to be paired when me and my colleague are having an online weekly meeting or online ideas sharing. Sketching ideas and project process and idea map is very easy to do with this whiteboard and help us to interpreted our ideas into visual.

Cons

Microsoft Whiteboard is lacks of details in the feature and the tools. Like the shape option, they only has basic shape and if i need any other shape, it has to be drawn manually and it is very time consuming to do it all from the start.

Buddika S.

Presentation Made Easy

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Overall experience is good.If developers can add some other options which can helpful this product will be more useful

Pros

One Of the Good Pdesentation Tools i have used.With The Options Like Diagramming And analytics I Could Easily Arrange My Weekly Presentations. I would recommend this to any who need a product to manage presentations for business or personal

Cons

It does bot have enough presentation tools and project planning options.we have to create everthing manually with separate sources.If the developers can make solutions for these problems it will take this prodict to a high level

Aaron C.

Very limited whiteboard tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

I was excited to discover MS Whiteboard within my workplace's office suite, however it is too limited. Not enough templates, poor functionality. It had so much potential as an integrated solution to the MS Office suite.

Pros

Whiteboard tool integrated into Microsoft suite of tools, shareable, online (browser based) whiteboard.

Cons

Limited feature set, templates and functionality that makes for a poor choice compared to other online whiteboards such as Miro, Mural

Delightful addition to remote meetings

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

A delightful experience and great addition to a remote world of collaboration.

Pros

Truly brings the live whiteboard to the desktop without the dreaded chance someone will erase your great work.

Cons

Can be difficult to see the whole screen and make sense of it, but the user can easily manage that once they get the hang of it.