Showing 34 reviews of 24

Jamboard

Digital whiteboard to capture and discuss ideas

Showing 34 reviews of 24
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

My Go-To for Brainstorming!

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Overall I have had a great experience with this product, it's very user-friendly!

Pros

Jamboard is great for brainstorming with teammates during virtual meetings. It has been a great solution for us since we have all been working from home during the pandemic. Our Product team also asked me how they would be able to continue doing whiteboarding sessions with candidates since we can no longer do in person interviews. I was happy to be able to recommend this software to them. Jamboard is great for taking notes and presenting concepts in an easy to understand and visually appealing way.

Cons

I would like to be able to write text directly on the board without needing to use a sticky note since that can be distracting.

Sara Y.

Jamboard is my jam when working from home

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Jamboard allows team members to take a deeper dives into the do-outs of a meeting. Rather than just ask questions, suggest comments, or pose other ideas - we're able to get all this down in writing and more.

Pros

I like that it is a product of Google and as a consequence, Jamboard integrates well with G Suite. It's a nice extension that gives people what they want during remote meetings: collaboration, visibility, and transparency, and fun!

Cons

When too many people use the platform as the same time, some post-it notes go missing. I'm not sure why that is the case. It could be a glitch or technical error, perhaps?

Brandon B.

Jamboard Great for Education

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

It allows me to colloborate and work with peers and my students and has brought immersive and lively discussions.

Pros

I liked that you are able to colloborate and share thoughts and responses in a live platform.

Cons

I have used Padlet and it took me a few minutes to discern between Padlet and Jamboard.

Great for my school

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

I think this is a really useful tool to use in my classroom. My students really enjoy using it. There are a few drawbacks though. There needs a way to be able to lock info and be able to make some elements not editable. Also I wish students couldn't add slides when you share the board with them.

Pros

I love the collaboration that I can have between the students of my class.

Cons

I wish there was a way to lock something onto a slide and not have others be able to edit or move it when you collaborate with others.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Collaborative Whiteboard integrated into G-suite - Easy , Simple but just fine

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

A simple and easy tool for the remote teams who need a collaborative, shared & real-time Whiteboard. Has the necessary features but only the basic ones. It is integrated in G-suite. Google doesn't market this well to users, so not every employee would know about its existence.

Pros

It is already a part of G-suite, so massive effort is saved and little reason to choose any external product. It just acts like any other document or productivity application from Google- easy to collaborate, store in G-Drive, Share with Colleagues, works in Cloud, etc. It is also simple to use and quite straightforward. This application solved our need for a online shared whiteboard requested by team working remotely.

Cons

It is a web application, so you have be online just like other G-suite applications. Further it may be too simple and skimps on certain features. You can't add in files, only images are permitted. The UI is not great as the actual area for working is small due to large headers like other usual applications- Google sheets, Google docs,etc. Further, people didn't knew about this and the IT team had to educate about the existence of this software.

Sarah M.

Jamboard for Teachers

Reviewed on 2021/01/10

Jamboard is a wonderful resource for both teachers and students. I have enjoyed sharing it with teachers in my district and love to see the variety of ways it is used in the classroom.

Pros

As a K-12 Instructional Technologist, I use and recommend Jamboard quite often. Jamboard is a great place for teachers and students to collaborate, share ideas, and respond to learning. I commonly use Jamboard during Professional Development for teachers to leave sticky notes and brainstorm with colleagues in addition to providing feedback for me.

Cons

I love all of the updates Jamboard has made this year. Teachers wanted a way to insert text without using a sticky note and that was added this year. They have also requested to be able to lock items in place so that those interacting with their Jamboard won't be able to delete the items.

Margaret A.

Jamboard: the blackboard of computer screen

Reviewed on 2021/01/23

It really help me a lot during the corona days as i was teaching my students online. I could explain the problem clearly using this app and seems just like the blackboard in schools

Pros

It gives a platform or screen for us to write on phones or laptops. Its clarity and background is perfectly designed for writing in a eay other could understand.

Cons

It must include provisions for inserting figures and slides and should help to download the matter writing on it in pdf format.

Camila M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Just one thing

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Besides all, I think it is a great platform, and allows us to have our online classes almost as if they weren't online. Love google jamboards

Pros

With the quarantine universities had to turn to online platforms to continue with the lessons. Jambords is a GREAT way to review a design project. It's the closest to a present correction I've seen online. Very well developed, and the fact that is from google makes everything easier, everything is sync.

Cons

One thing I think that maybe can be improved in some way is that with our classmates and professors we have to create a meeting (with google meet) to be able to listen to each other. So we have both pages opened, and if jamboards included an option for having a videocall while everybody is on the same jam, would be much much easier to use. And another detail would be that, for example, we have a group of 10 people on one jam, one person is drawing on and talking about the first page, but the others have already switched to the second one, or the third, and the person drawing doesn't realize that nobody is seeing what he is trying to say because they thoughth he was oon the first page, so then he realizes it, he tells everybody to return to the first one, and has to explain again. That happened MANY times on my lessons, it would be great if everybody could see just one page, and if one person changes it, it would change for everybody. Anyway, that would mess up everything when students try to put their work on a page, because you can't do anything while somebody is on another page, so MAYBE there can also be an option that allows you to "modify" so that you can modify a page without bothering the others. Obviously, while the presentation is going on people are not on modify, so in that way you gain something too, nobody accidentally modifies another person's work while watching the lesson, which has also happened many times.

Rahul K.

I love the Jamboard.

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

The best tool we have had to deal with the ongoing pandemic situation in the educational and business industries.

Pros

It is by far the best online, live sharing board I have come across. My professor uses this in all his classes to explain and collaborate concepts.

Cons

The mobile interface can be better. I have seen time lags when there more than 5 people using the board at the same time.

Katie B.

Jamboard Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

I like how it really feels like a whiteboard - it allows for a lot of collaboration.

Cons

I wish there was another way to type on it.

Mark N.

Helping Teams Collaborate

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Great! really helps users collaborate and come together to provide ideas and direction once those ideas are down on digital paper!

Pros

I love Jamboard! It's a great collaboration tool that helps users brainstorm ideas down and reorganise those ideas into certain criterias

Cons

No cons at all really, the only thing I would consider is allowing users to pick which parts of the screen there notes generate so it doesn't cover up existing content

Jake C.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Waste of Money

Reviewed on 2020/09/07

Pros

Works great as a 5 figure whiteboard. Want collaboration? more than one marker out? Anything useful? Look elsewhere

Cons

Monthly Fees to maintain your license is just another stick in the eye from this awful product. Seriously, google stay out of consumer electronics

Collaboration

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

So far I’ve used it during our Nonfiction Book Clubs to allow students to share notes while reading.

Pros

I think this is great for allowing collaboration and student discussions while we’re apart and online.

Cons

Maybe I just haven’t figured this out, but attaching Jamboard to Google Classroom has been difficult.

Ada jocabeth Á.

A board with an intuitive, fun and collaborative desing.

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

It's a quick and easy tool for teaching, taking notes, brainstorming, and much more. In my classes, I use it to teach math and it is very useful when writing math language. You can work in collaboration with other people in real-time thanks to the fact that it's now integrated with Google Meet and you can project on a Chromecast. In addition, Jamboard integrates easily with Google Drive and is stored in the cloud. With the recent updates on mobile and tablet, it has improved a lot, please add more tools and a color palette.

Pros

What I like about this platform is that you can interact with your students and colleagues at the same time from their phones, tablets, and PCs. It's integrated with Google Meet, which makes it a basic tool for all your meetings. Also, you can add images, notes, change the background, and use different types of pencils and shapes, which makes it more creative and fun.

Cons

For those who are not used to it, Jamboard works like slides instead of an infinite page, which can lose the sequence or relationship of the notes. It would be good if the developers added tools to interact with the images on the board and select the objects, also add more fonts and a color palette.

Ryan W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Jamboard - A great teaching tool

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

I use Jamboard in a virtual classroom environment with students I teach via Zoom. I can create interactive slides that students can draw and type on to allow them to engage more directly with content.

Pros

It allows me to create interactive and stimulating virtual classroom environments.

Cons

The hardware itself is quite expensive, and not reasonable for non-professional use. The software also is pretty no-frills, which I don't mind for how I use it, but it would be problematic were I to want to try to use it to build a presentation.

Emily G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Google’s Great Online Interactive Whiteboard

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

I’ve really enjoyed using Jamboard with my second graders and fellow teachers. During quarantine and E-Teaching, this has been a great way to interact with students, letting them jump in and add notes and pictures for group projects, or even to brainstorm new ideas with other teachers. Even though I don’t have the hardware, I’ve enjoyed using Jamboard, and so have the students!

Pros

Jamboard is a quick and easy interactive whiteboard software. It has many easy to use tools, such as sticky notes, drawing, adding pictures, and more. Multiple people can join the Jamboard online to edit and view it simultaneously, which makes it great for collaboration! On top of that, because Jamboard is a part of the Google Suite, any board you make is automatically saved on your Google Drive, and as someone who often forgets where documents are stored, that is amazing!

Cons

The software doesn’t have quite as many features as other interactive whiteboard softwares, such as SMART. Also, similar to SMART, the software is great, but the hardware can be very expensive.

Chad F.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A virtual whiteboard for Google users

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Pros

I really like some of the tools offered in Jamboard such as the drawing tool that will analyze what you've drawn and give you suggestions as to what it is. Being able to collaborate with others in your Jam can be essential in many situations including education. It's new integration with Meet also adds a new layer to Jamboard's use in schools.

Cons

The one reason we don't use Jamboard more is that there isn't a revision history. So if a student does something inappropriate we can't verify who the student was like in many of Google's other tools.

Stephanie W.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Jamboard

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Overall experience has been okay. I wish there were more features available.

Pros

I like the idea of having an electronic whiteboard on my ipad, so that I can use it while teaching.

Cons

I wish that there was the ability to record while using the app. It would be beneficial to post on Google Classroom at the end of a lesson.

Paul Z.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Jamboard provides a simple easy to use collaborative interface.

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

This has provided an easy to use collaborative interface that allows me to present and interact with students.

Pros

Like many Google products Jamboard is easy to use and is easy to share with collaborators.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I really dislike about it. It does have a pretty minimalistic interface, so sometimes getting started for new people is a hurdle but after that it is fine. Might be missing some features that people would like but I appreciate that it is simple and not complicated.

Jens G.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great interaction with Google Jamboard

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

Great tool to be interacting with your collegues and its easy to learn.

Pros

The tool is very easy to use and setup. Anyone can use it and you can use it with multiple people at a time. It also provides all the whiteboard features you need, like post its and pens.

Cons

You need a google account to use the software and when you are not part of a board as an admin you cannot delete it.

Soledad M.

An easy tool for

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

Even when my first use wasn't the best, I had curiosity to see if Jamboard evolved to better or it will become a Google Wave Case, so few days ago I checked how was working now and I have the nice surprise that Jamboard has new features.

Pros

Jamboard has a user proof interface.
This is really-really great to share ideas when you are in that kind of remote meetings sessions where people never get to an agree.
The "shapes" feature added is without any doubts THE FEATURE that Jamboard was needing.
Clean to use

Cons

The first time using Jamboard was a bit uncomfortable: Shapes feature wasn't added and the drawing tool wasn't very polished. I tried to share an idea, and sadly my pulse is not the better, so finally my poor draw took the lead rol in the meeting. I guess that the first attempt was almost duplicate the "board" experience, and for that reason that tool wasn't included, but now it's totally comfortable to be used.