Showing 17 reviews of 9

Screencast-O-Matic

Screen Recording and video making for schools and workplaces

Showing 17 reviews of 9
Fazl A.

Video editing tool for multiple

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Pros

The best thing which we liked about this product is that we can work as an organization instead of an individual and we can share our content with our peers and make it password protected.

Cons

needs more improvement towards adding more content in its library for font types, background, interface, audio, and transitions from one slide to another.

Heidi E.

Amped up screen recorder that is still easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

I have used many tools from simple to complex and this tool has all I need, when I need it.

Pros

Screencast-O-Matic has been a welcome addition to my weekly online learning tools. It can be used for giving anyone a direct link to video directions you create to weekly lesson plan coverage. All videos can be edited from items ranging to adding music to blurring out unwanted images on the video. This comes in handy as a staff leader for creating "How-to" videos for our staff. It also is easily integrated with most learning management systems like Schoology and Google classroom for example.

Cons

There are many tools to choose from when editing, which can take a bit to use, but most are not needed, but can be useful when needed.

Andrew D.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A decent enough web recorder that has been surpassed.

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

I enjoyed it while I used it, but have since moved to using Loom instead.

Pros

It works - it records videos, gives you the ability to upload them and has basic editing options. For most people it will cover what they need.

Cons

It's clunky, it's slow - and needing to open the desktop client each time to use is a hassle. They need to invest in making it more seamless.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Screencast-O-Matic review by amateur QA

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Very satisfied, hope to see more from Screencast-O-Matic in the future and that it will get more tools for editing, so I can further enhance my recordings.

Pros

Screencast-O-Matic is good Software, with whose use I was able to quickly record and edit some ( mainly ) short videos of encountered issues on Web Sites for one QA platform. Editing was very fair, nice, easy and fast as well and I was able to provide videos of high quality for my employer, who was very satisfied with the end result. I do hope that makers of this Software will continue their good work and even further upgrade it with some new options ( for further editing for instance ).

Cons

At the moment i do not have any negative thoughts about this product, as it was very good for my daily use and has provided me with the best result imaginable in that area of work.

Felipe S.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Really good video recording and editor

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I have the app in my toolbars desktop and it doesn't take me more than one clic and adjusting the window to have my recordings ready to go

Pros

I use to record a lot of videos from the web to keep useful lessons and technical tutorials. This is the easiest way to do it, easy to install, easy to record and save and easy to edit it, make screenshots if needed

Cons

It{s sometimes difficult to avoid editing and trimming videos afterwards because is the recording screen is on the video you want to record and you can't clic easily to start the original video at the same time

Eric K.

Awesome video editing software

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

I need to create custom recordings of software functionality for internal and external audiences.
Screencast-O-Matic makes it easy to create a quick high quality video with transitions, effects, text, easily edit in and take out content... it's just great.

Pros

It's easy, responsive, and just awesome. I use it nearly every day to record edit and then easily share/post up to my YouTube channel to then distribute to customers and colleagues quality videos.

Cons

Nothing really, it more than meets my needs.

Jorge M.

User Friendly and Quality Video

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

I would still recommend this software to anyone because it is a lifesaver for those who have not much experience editing videos

Pros

I loved how easy was to get the most out of this program without spending too much time trying to figure it out. The quality of the screencast is amazing and allows you to play with different tools to improve the design.

Cons

I wish the audio recording had more tools to make recording easier. I had to start over many times just because I could not insert some audio in the middle of a piece of recording

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Simplistic Recording & Conversation Platform

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Appropriate for classes, especially Humanities-based, Speech, PR, Marketing courses and beyond.

Pros

Simple, no-fuss technology, accessible for any level of user, be it a student or instructor.

Cons

I am looking forward to additional functionalities in the near future.

Efficient video recording, editing & managing tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/22

Pros

Screen recording became smooth and easier for me using this tool. Also, the most amazing part I found is the speech-to-text feature which saves a lot of time and effort. Further, the ability to edit video using its own editor, hosting the video on its website, managing and sharing content with the relevant audience makes this tool extremely efficient and easy-to-use.

Cons

More content should be added to the content library of the editor for better video editing.