ScreenPal

Capture, create and share with ScreenPal!

Benn
Benn
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Capture and record your screen in a fast way

Reviewed on 2022/06/11

This app is useful for people who study or who work constantly on a PC, with screencast I can sort all the screenshots and save it in the cloud, this way it is not saved on my hard drive, and it is more orderly to find them, it also has the option to share them on the main social networks such as Facebook and Instagram. Screen o matic is a lightweight software and its interface is intuitive, it has a basic menu and is not loaded with many options that can confuse you.

Pros

it is excellent for making videos tutorial, I like that I can capture images of my screen and record everything I am doing, this is useful when you want to show someone on your team a procedure, it saves you time explaining over and over again, with screencast o matic you record them and share them with a link. I like how easy is to edit the videos created with its desktop version, in addition to video I use it to make screenshots, it is one of the few apps that I have tried that works for both PC, Android and iPhone, it is quite practical since in addition to doing screenshots I can edit the images, crop, or add text to them.

Cons

So far it has worked fine, and I have nothing against it.

Kris

Highly intuitive and easy to use screen recording platform.

Reviewed on 2023/01/14

The platform is incredibly easy to use, very intuitive, and ideal for novices as well as those who are more familiar with screen recorders.

Pros

The price to upgrade and use the system's full array of features is quite modest and definitely worth it as the platform is incredibly easy to use.

Cons

The platform does not offer an option for a one-off payment for lifetime use of the product. Instead, if a user wants to benefit from the more advanced features that go beyond the free package, they will need to be an annual subscription.

Bandicam Screen Recorder

Reasons for Switching to ScreenPal

Screencast-O-Matic seemed to be a more versatile and reliable product.
Ron

Screen pal feedback

Reviewed on 2023/12/06

Still getting to know the features just started using it again for the last 3 months but I have been paying for this since September of 2018 so just over 5 years

Pros

The features that are available are nice I still need to learn how to use them.

Cons

When uploading a video the resolution is mid quality. When I upload a video with look the quality is much better but that’s free. I pay a yearly fee to you guys…

Vatsala
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A solid platform that delivers

Reviewed on 2023/12/07

I have been with ScreenPal when it was still known as Screencast-o-Matic and made my first videos with them using the free version. I loved the experience so much that I took on a paid subscription. It's been over a decade of using ScreenPal and they are my trusted tech for video creation and editing.

Pros

Ease of recording and editing. New features added with creator in mind.

Cons

No cons so far. This is a progressive company that cares for its customers.

Raymond
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 2023/10/23

I prepare Power point slides and use the product to make videos of the slides, and add voice overs, and music to produce a range of advertisements.I also use the product to produce backing tracks for musicians, by utilizing the "Big Lyrics" feature in Band in a Box, and turn the tracks into videos showing the chord progressions and lyrics. At rge same time the program audio captures the backing music I have produced making a perfect backing track complete with audio, lyrics and chords that display at the correct time and right sequence

Pros

Its easy to use, and the resulting quality is of a good standard.

Cons

I can not think of any extras that I would want to utilize at this time

Felipe
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Really good video recording and editor

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I have the app in my toolbars desktop and it doesn't take me more than one clic and adjusting the window to have my recordings ready to go

Pros

I use to record a lot of videos from the web to keep useful lessons and technical tutorials. This is the easiest way to do it, easy to install, easy to record and save and easy to edit it, make screenshots if needed

Cons

It{s sometimes difficult to avoid editing and trimming videos afterwards because is the recording screen is on the video you want to record and you can't clic easily to start the original video at the same time

MARCUS
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Rapid video generation for classroom support

Reviewed on 2021/05/02

I have used it for a few years to support my classrooms. I love the publish to youtube feature. But by far, the most useful tool to me is the narration option of cut or speed up silence. This feature allows me to complete lectures and software tutorials in a single take, click cut or speed up silence, and post a video very quickly.

Pros

The very simple interface. Extremely short learning curve.

Cons

Lacks chromebook support. The website says it supports Chromebooks, but the link to the app is dead. Have to suggest competitor WeVideo for Chromebook video content editing

Antonio

A great tool

Reviewed on 2023/12/07

I have tried several tools and this is the best considering price, features and ease of use.

Pros

The learning curve is short, intuitive product with many features.

Cons

Sometimes when I upload content to YouTube, the video recording is not of good quality.

marcos
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Good tool to record your screen

Reviewed on 2023/12/06

It's a tool I've been using for years to share videos of my screen at work. It's easy to use and fast. Since I bought it the first time it has almost doubled in price, but for now I'm still here.

Pros

Easy to use and very stable. With the subscription you get a repository where you can host your videos and share them easily and quickly.

Cons

Even if you choose the highest quality, the videos you upload to the repository have some loss of quality.

Burak
Burak
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

When a video speaks louder than words

Reviewed on 2021/05/11

Whenever you need to provide system demos or prepare how-to videos, you can use this software to record your actions and get immediate visibility for your actions.

Pros

This software is a godsend for those who prepare any kind of system demo. Needing no more than a siimple plugin, you can get ready for recording in a few minutes.

Cons

Honestly, everything is perfcet. Even the free version has more than enough functionality

Mervin

Screenpal Review

Reviewed on 2023/10/31

Asolutely outstanding, excetional, enjoyable and very fun to use as a video creator.

Pros

Screenpal software is very easy to use, inexpensive and very well kept (Updates) always. It never malfunctioned and always blew my mind with all it's amazing features.

Cons

Honestly, I could not find anything wrong with this exceptionally great video creation software.

Eric
Eric

Awesome video editing software

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

I need to create custom recordings of software functionality for internal and external audiences. ...

Screencast-O-Matic makes it easy to create a quick high quality video with transitions, effects, text, easily edit in and take out content... it's just great.

Pros

It's easy, responsive, and just awesome. I use it nearly every day to record edit and then easily share/post up to my YouTube channel to then distribute to customers and colleagues quality videos.

Cons

Nothing really, it more than meets my needs.

Stephen

Disappointing

Reviewed on 2023/04/03

Terrible.

Terrible.

Pros

The application is very buggy and crashes all my pcs.

Cons

I was a user of Screencastomatic (the previous Brand) for 6 years. see below what they wrote next to my profile "You have been a member for 2244 days and have 810 videos and 0 images! Whoa!"In 6 years, Screencastomatic was very reliable. It never caused any issue on any of my computer.Recently they changed the name to Screenpal.Since then, the app keeps crashing my PCs. The app is unusable. It says that I failed to download the latest version but Nothing on my end seems to indicate that.Whomever bought the company screwed it up very fast.All they needed to do was to leave it alone. This is really a case of: If it ain't broke don't fix it.I am curretly looking for another solution.

Kevin

What a crap product

Reviewed on 2023/08/13

I used this product all the time. I am no looking for another product to use. The transition to screenpal has cost me so many lost hours trying to get it to work. It is horrible

Pros

What was good is now terrible. I liked that it worked. It doesn't now

Cons

I just spent 2 hours doing feedback for students on the iPad. Uploaded videos to screen pal. The videos don't work. How do you charge for a product that is so terrible to use

Response from ScreenPal

Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our software.

I'd like to help resolve these issues so you can continue supporting your students with ScreenPal. Please contact us at [email protected] so our support team can help you resolve these issues.

Thank you! - Rebecca at ScreenPal

Robert
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Screen capture and video creation for e-learning

Reviewed on 2023/10/23

I've used ScreenPal since the early Screencast-O-matic days. I've made hundreds and hundreds of videos. I like the tools and the flexibility. I always get 2 thumbs up from my collegues and from end users!

Pros

ScreenPal does what it is advertised to do. It is easy to learn, the settings are intuitive, and there are tons of help resources built in.

Cons

At this time there are no cons. The old version would sometimes be clunky but they've fixed it. It's all good now!

Chiara

Simply the best

Reviewed on 2023/12/06

Wonderful, I'm very satisfied, and my students too!

Wonderful, I'm very satisfied, and my students too!

Pros

Everything, I love it. Difficult to answer, I love it.

Cons

The variety on music!Give us more, it'd be just wonderful

Monica
  • Used for 1+ year

My Screencast-O-Matic Review

Reviewed on 2021/05/07

Overall I really like Screencast-O-Matic! It's free, but you can do a lot with a 15 minute video. If you need more time, you can do multiple videos or upgrade.

Pros

I really like Screencast-O-Matic because it's super easy to record either yourself or what you're doing on the computer, either with you being in the video or not. They have a free version, which is great!

Cons

I don't like the 15 minute limit they put on the videos for free users. Also their brand shows in your video if you're using it for free.

Lindsey

Overall, Good Product

Reviewed on 2022/12/06

Pros

I can easily create videos for my students and staff. I like that I can edit and upload directly to YouTube.

Cons

Too often, I need to reinstall the plugin, which is time consuming.

Sneska

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2022/10/21

Pros

Easy of use , price, hosting, functionality

Cons

For non-English users tutorials are to short

Roger
  • Industry: Entertainment

Buyer beware!!

Reviewed on 2022/10/20

Tech support was polite but useless. The overall experience seems to deteriorate with time.

Pros

It links well with YouTube and downloads nicely to my desktop

Cons

About a year ago the program refused to use my camera and would freeze if I tried. I had to hard quit the program to get out of it. Recently it started to quit/freeze when I tried to truncate and begin to record a new section of a production rendering the software pretty useless.

Terri
  • Industry: Translation & Localization
  • Used for Free Trial

Easy to use, easy to lose

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

I've used Screencast-O-Matic for probably 5 years now off and on for different internal purposes, tutorials, or updates, and it is a great tool for what it does!

Pros

The two things I love most about the software is the easy of use/intuitiveness and the ability to capture small sections of the screen instead of the entire screen!

Cons

Obviously the watermark logo is going to be on everything until you pay to remove it. I can't be too mad about it as it's not something the company I work for has ever wanted to pay for, but for my internal purposes it's always been more than adequate.

Andrew
Andrew
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A decent enough web recorder that has been surpassed.

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

I enjoyed it while I used it, but have since moved to using Loom instead.

I enjoyed it while I used it, but have since moved to using Loom instead.

Pros

It works - it records videos, gives you the ability to upload them and has basic editing options. For most people it will cover what they need.

Cons

It's clunky, it's slow - and needing to open the desktop client each time to use is a hassle. They need to invest in making it more seamless.

Philip
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Screencast-O-Matic Easy To Share onscreen activities but some confusing features

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

Pros

The software is very good for sending "how to do this on your computer" quick demonstration videos. Other software requires you to wait for rendering, downloading and attaching video, whereas Screen-o-matic has great immediacy because you can instantly share a link to what you just recorded.

Cons

The scripted recordings feature and the screenpal tool failed to work for me. I have no immediate use for them so have not persisted, but it's still an annoyance that they were not intuitive to use. It's the sharing of videos capturing my screen that I use the software for mainly.

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Simplistic Recording & Conversation Platform

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Appropriate for classes, especially Humanities-based, Speech, PR, Marketing courses and beyond.

Pros

Simple, no-fuss technology, accessible for any level of user, be it a student or instructor.

Cons

I am looking forward to additional functionalities in the near future.

Matteo

Very Useful

Reviewed on 2022/10/07

Pros

I use it to record small informative videos, it works well

Cons

Nothing in particular it works very well