Stacker

App builder with Google Sheets & Airtable integration

• Industry: Management Consulting

Finally, UI for Airtable

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

It has allowed us to give controlled access to our Airtable database to the outside world.

Pros

Stacker is a brilliant platform to transform your existing Airtable database into a portal which can be accessed by internal or 3rd party users. We love the platform because it allows us to get 3rd party access to a very limited part of our database. Also, it helps us cut costs on Airtable licences since our internal staff can use it too.

Cons

First of all the UI -albeit very clean, needs a few advanced functions like custom action buttons, multi-layered navigation etc. But the stacker team seems to be very active in releasing new features fairly often, so hopefully these features are on the horizon. Also, it's not the cheapest thing to run -at 300usd per month for per each multi-role portal.

Kaleb M.

The Perfect Solution

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Pros

The ability to integrate with Stacker, and build out a database in any way I needed. The ability to link sheets with each other has helped to boost productivity and efficiency in my day to day operations immensely.

Cons

The communication functionality seems glitchy and needs refined. I love that each page has a communication thread linked to it. This will help with client communications, though right now we are still using email for communications since this feature still needs a lot of work.

• Industry: Legal Services

An Easy Way to Transform Your Airtable into a User-Friendly App

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

I use Stacker as a client portal for my law firm. Data is stored and managed by the firm in Airtable, and is shared with clients through Stacker. Stacker makes it easy for clients to sign up for an account and access their specific data. The granular permissions are very helpful for this.

Stacker is constantly working on updates, has a clear public roadmap, and has been very receptive to comments, questions and feature requests.

Pros

Airtable is awesome at storing, managing and transforming data. It is not awesome at sharing that data on a limited basis with third parties. Not only is the standard Airtable difficult for non-Airtable users to access, it is also very difficult to limit what you share. This is why I love the permissions features of Stacker. It allows me to share EXACTLY what I want my users to see from my Airtable data. It also does this in a user-friendly way (both on the development side and the user side).

Cons

The pricing of the higher level tiers is a little steep. If you're starting out with relatively few users, it can be very expensive. Once you have a few hundred users, the pricing becomes more manageable.

Matt B.

The best tool to make bespoke systems for your business

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

We have made Stacker a part of our day to day routine because it's so easy to build a workflow bespoke to your needs and follow a process without it feeling forced or clumsy. It's saved us hours of switching between spreadsheets and trying to control versions of documents.

Pros

Stacker integrates with Airtable to provide a powerful way to allow you to collect and use your data more effectively. It's easy to get started and the support team are first class. You can create a portal for your teams or clients that's easy to maintain and easy to use.

Cons

There are some limitations on the formatting of information that they are working on. It's hard to add any visualisation of your data for dashboard reporting, but the team are working hard to improve these areas.

Dan R.

Great CRM framework

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Pros

This is a great frontend app for Airtable. The combination of the two are a no code dream come true.

Cons

Still not as customizable as I'd like, but they're getting there.

Matthew B.

Database and Team Communication

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Overall, it's a useful tool, and as long as they continue to keep the updates coming, it is worth the price.

Pros

- Puts a usable UI on the face of our custom airtable bases.

- Allows for orienting the team around the data at all times.

Cons

- If your airtable base has a lot of linked items, and I'm talked in the tens of thousands, then it can get slow with multiple users at once. Although, for most uses, this may not be a problem.

- There is no way to filter dropdown menus.

- The activity feed doesn't do push notifications to email.

Alyssa D.

Stellar company with lots of growth planned

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

This software has completely changed our daily operations. Support is always helpful when we need it. I can’t rave about it enough.

Pros

This product allows us to build systems for our team and our clients, rather than forcing our clients to adjust their expectations to what traditional software allows.

Cons

There are some key features and functionality missing but these doesn’t concern me, as the stacker team is constantly gathering feedback and rolling out new features.

Tim Z.

Amazing way to build a no-code app

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

I would still very strongly suggest Stacker to anyone needing to quickly build an app! We used it to build an internal tool, but it could easily work to build a prototype or a full blown application. It is very powerful and very very easy to use.

Pros

Very powerful, intuitive and easy to set up for admins and end users. I would even say that it is hard to build something that ends up being hard to use for your end users!

Cons

My only qualm with Stacker is that the data does not update in real time from Airtable, like anybody that has built an application has come to expect. At best, you can expect the data updated in Airtable to be reflected in Stacker in 5 minutes.

Jon S.

Exactly What We Were Looking For

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Pros

We run a lot of our company's processes through Airtable and we have been looking for a solution for a long time that would allow our clients to interact with our data in a controlled manner. Stacker was exactly what we had been looking for. It was easy to set up, easy to build, and has pretty very seamless for our clients.

Cons

I'd love if data retrieval was at a faster interval than 15 minutes and I wish there were just a few more features to be able to customize the portal to create a better user experience.

Alexandar D.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

World class directory website made in less than a day

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

Pros

I have a database on Airtable that hosts a lot of product information. Connecting with Stacker was a natural extension to show all the information in an organized and beautiful way to clients. It took minutes to start and one day to make a state of the art layout that ensures information is organized and easy to understand.
Stacker can do almost everything Airtable can do. It's easy to update and a great way to get an MVP going!

The team on Stacker is reliable in stressful situations. You can trust that your site will be up and if anything happens they will fix it ASAP. This makes me very peaceful as I know I'm in good hands!

Cons

There are a lot of features that I know the Stacker team is working on. Such as conditionality, intercom, and payment. I wish these features were available today.

Max A.

Key part of our no code stack

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

We started using them early on - almost a year ago - and have had no major issues. Support has been wonderful when we needed help.

Pros

Stacker solves such a huge need for us. We've been able to create a client-facing portal for our users without writing a line of code.

Cons

There are still a number of features that I'm looking forward to, but they've implemented a transparent process of user feedback. I'm able to upvote features that I'd like to see added.

Puneet S.

Stacker Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Overall experience has been very positive - great tool for me to get my clients onto and the Stacker staff are great at responding to customer issues.

Pros

The ability to seamlessly integrate with Airtable.

How easy it is to make changes to the layout, and the ability to have user roles/permissions.

Cons

There are a lot of latency issues, sometimes Stacker can be super slow to work on.

John A.

Stacker new user review

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

I'm a fan of Stacker and it's team. The product provides tremendous value and allows me to ship product quicker. The Customer service has been a huge differentiator! Even though I am in a different time zone, the Stacker team has stayed up late helping me solve problems and quickly respond to my questions

Pros

I like the level of control Stack gives on all my Airtable data. Being able to limit access is a tremendous value add. One of the best things is customer service. Being able to speak with the engineers who built the product has given me a better understanding of how to use the product.

Cons

Understanding how permissions work is challenging

Matt C.
  • Industry: Automotive

Awesome Customer Portal Tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

We used to send important docs via email. They would get lost, or buried down in the email chain, requiring rework.
Now, we just send users to the portal.

Pros

Showing users their data (and only their data) is hard, but Stacker makes it easy.

Without having to do any of the heavy lifting of creating a system to permission my users, I'm able to focus on the pieces of the user experience that matter - creating a simple way for my customers to see all of their relevant data within a few clicks.

Cons

I was an early(ish) user, so the pool of other portals that I could "emulate" was limited.

Now, there are many more examples to look to, but every Stacker admin needs to think deeply about how they want their users to interact with the app that they build.

Charles M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Great Data to UI

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Stacker allowed me to take my various airtable bases and turn them into products.

Pros

Ease of use. It was very simple to connect to my airtable base and begin creating. Giving users a login is also a great component.

Cons

There are tutorial/instructional guides, but they are hard to find. They don't exist natively in a help section that you can see from your setup home. There also isn't any good youtube videos explaining things. This would help customer adoption tremendously. Having videos that address various use cases and nifty solutions would be amazing.

Refresh rate, manual syncing of table structure.

Issues i've had with the "created by" field.

• Industry: Accounting

The missing piece in the Airtable jigsaw

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Pros

With Airtable it was love at first sight, it enables us to add more structure and integrity to our data but it lacked one thing - a portal that we could invite our clients in to.

That's where Stacker steps in and provides us with a flexible and well-styled frontend - we love it and it just keeps getting better and better.

Cons

There was a learning curve but we soon found our feet and their support is brilliant.

Sarah D.

Best portal for AT Users

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

We have loved using Stacker and will continue to do so!

Pros

Stacker allows the rest of our company to submit Jobs to us and get real-time feedback and updates on how the project is going - something that has been invaluable to us and wasn't possible before.

Cons

Stacker is ever-changing and evolving - so some of the features that we would use most are still being added.

• Industry: Information Services

Excellent Self Setup Database Solution for Consulting Firms

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

This is a fantastic product that has helped to streamline our operations both internally and externally with our clients.

Pros

It was extremely easy to setup a front-end website for each of our clients using this system. It enabled us to easily develop on our existing system, while customizing for each particularly client. Clients are super happy with the easy to use interface as well.

Cons

It is still developing (so some features haven't been launched yet), but they do a great job of letting you know a rough roadmap. Hope to see more expanded features down the road.

Mario G.

If you have a database or a datasheet, you can have a web in hours with Stacker.app

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

I've got 3 web running in production and for the last 6 mounths, i've got 0 incidents, 20 or more releases that improve the product, and i'm really happy...I'm thinking in other projects, and i'm sure that i will use them

Pros

The better feature is that you don't need to create and manage the signup and login. Incredible fast to create a MVP that works. Extremely easy to use and to improve your web. This amazing team rollout a lot of features that users propose. Incredible support. Very proud of use Stacker.app

Cons

For me, the 2 features that must be developed is (they are working on at this review)
i) live sync of data
ii) public access (without signup)

Adam K.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Very powerful, very new, couldn’t live without it

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

I’m pretty happy with Stacker. I wish I had gone to play with all the new features and functions!

Pros

Stacker is incredibly useful at getting you to market quickly with a CRM (public and internal) backed by Airtable databases. The feature set has almost doubled in the few months I’ve been using it.

Cons

I think the price point is a bit high, but it’s certainly been a great help to getting us live without heavy internal development work.

Wes W.
  • Industry: Utilities

The solution i've been waiting for

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

It would be hard to be any better.

Pros

Our project database had 4 years of development in Airtable and sheets; the obvious answer here is compatibility.

Cons

There are a few weird bugs - having to embed share urls instead of embed blocks; some permissions quirks i wish could be streamlined - but everything works very straightforward and is user friendly to implement. Anything that has felt like a bug stacker's team has jumped on *immediately* to diagnose and they've implemented fixes within hours on multiple issues i've raised.

Chris P.

Great tool. Would love some more core functionality.

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

Providing a branded product to our clients. Airtable is great to quickly roll out a product but Stacker is the only way to brand that product.

Pros

Aside from the core "customizable web interface to airtable" (which is amazing) being able to assign roles for visibility and permissions is great. It allows us to offer a streamlined product that isn't possible directly on airtable. Our biggest feedback pain point before we switched to Stacker was that airtable was too complex - you could hide fields but they were still there to confuse users.

Cons

Scaling is hard. With multiple clients running our workflow on Stacker it is impossible to keep all instances current. Whenever a change/fix/upgrade is made to our workflow then all of the client instances need to be updated manually. If, for example, a new feature is make available on Stacker to customise headers in the list summary view then this needs to be applied to all views on all client instances. Some sort of templating/version control is critical to making this work properly.

It would be great to have more control over the interface. Include links/embeds to non Stacker items in navigation etc.

Not having rich text editor is almost a deal breaker. This means we can't offer a way to edit content within Stacker but have to bounce people away to gdocs etc.

Mike O.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Build your own custom portal in an hour. Amazing value, product & organization

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Stacker has been a major succes story for us so far. We ran a very unsuccesful software project to create a custom portal that already was 6 months late and a lot of money over budget with no working product in sight.

Within a month we redesigned a more feature rich portal that's more a lightweight ERP then a read-only site with a lot of custom features and an amazing UX for a small price.

I absolutely love Stacker and I'm a strong believer of their team and leadership. Their innovation speed is impressive and I'm very curious on where they stand in a year time.

Signed,
One happy customer

Pros

- Ease of use
- Low price
- Brandable
- Feature rich
- Innovation speed
- Customer support
- Listening to users

Cons

- It's hard to keep up with my rising expectations but they are pulling it off. What's lacking are more advanced custom features like scheduling but overall they really are in a great space.

Luis C.

Awesome product

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Im able to guve my team a front end solution to my system. Theyre not very techy so the ease of use for them is great.

Pros

Excellent front end solution. I knew exactly what I needed and Stacker helped me realize it without having to learn code.

Cons

Would love for some new features. Nonetheless i see theyre adding more every day which is great.

Jason G.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Finally a portal solution for Airtable

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Amazing. We have numerous bespoke dashboards and a growing list of user roles we couldn't have implemented without Stacker.

Pros

We are heavy, heavy users of airtable with a large group of stakeholders that need access to the data contained in our airtables. Stacker finally provides a solution that allows us to share data without over or under sharing and having to structure workarounds to airtables limited permissioning.

We have now finally been able to roll out several solutions that we couldn't have previously done without Stacker.

Cons

Nothing so far. They move fast in development and are constantly rolling out new features.