iPost

Omni-channel email marketing platform for marketers

Maritza L.

Great customer support, ease of use

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Pros

The people are the best! Great responsive team, listen to their customers.

Cons

Was challenging to switch from our old software

Lewis P.
  • Industry: Market Research

Great and Easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Excellent. Have been able to use it for a couple years now and we have improved the email sending tasks with it.

Pros

Love the statistics and test we can use when sending emails out

Cons

Would love to have an easy way to send emails to a subset of a list then send to everyone on list or the complement of the list.

Amy K.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easiest Implementation

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

We were thrilled with the relative ease of migration and integration across the various platforms. Service was strong, deliverability improved, and business results were there.

Pros

My team applauded iPost for dedicated attention to migration from another platform. The transition was easy and set us up for a strong partnership. We were able to integrate a range of partners to ensure our emails were robust and right for our customer - from ratings and reviews to feeds from our social content, iPost helped us drive click thrus. iPost also integrated with our data warehouse and paid marketing platforms to ensure we captured all customer data and new email names from paid campaigns. They ROCKED IT! iPost also did a great job with deliverability and actually improved over our prior vendor.

Cons

We had high expectations for data visualization in our reporting, which was very slow to be produced post-migration.

Kevin M.
  • Industry: Online Media

Overall an excellent ESP - Awesome Service too!!

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

Excellent experience from start to finish. They built several custom feature sets that were required to integrate with Salesforce. Our business runs as efficiently as can be! We added Zapier to complete the integration and that could not have gone better. From redesigning our Preference form, integration with our website, to keeping us continuously updated throughout the entire process (training too!) [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were are very knowledgeable and professional. I wholeheartedly recommend them, no reservations!!

Pros

Integration, ease of use, service and training. Integration with Salesforce and Zapier was very easy!

Cons

Nothing thus far, no complaints, everything works well!!

David G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

By far the best email marketing software I have used.

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Overall I really couldn't be happier. While they might not be well known, I would say in terms of just about everything they are superior to all of the big players (I've tried a bunch).

Pros

For virtually anything and everything you would want to do with emails, iPost provides an easy solution. They seem to have taken the best of other platforms and rolled it into a single place.

From setting up flows to reporting, everything is there and again, easy to use.

Cons

The only improvement I can think of is a Zapier integration, which I think they are working on.

Diogenes H.

Good software overall with room for improvement

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Pros

I like the customization of the processes, the automation feature, the data tables and query features and all the extra features it includes, and good API for integrations if you got a developer team.

Cons

I had experience some servive down time in the past and some automation errors.

Angelee H.

I-Post Weekly use for Free Play to Guest at our gaming facility

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

I-Post is great. It was a little confusing at first, but once I got the hang of it, everything was smooth sailing.

Pros

Organization, Easy to learn to use, Reports of what emails go out

Cons

Can't say I have anything I do not like now that I know how to use it. Only thing I have is the preview part when previewing code sometimes does not load content. I then would have to send myself a test to verify the content looks the way it should. Other than that, everything is great.

Filomena N.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Amazing ESP and Partner

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

iPost has been an amazing partner. The migration from our old ESP was seamless. Our Customer Success Manager is fantastic - very responsive, attentive, and insightful. We are very happy with our decision to be an iPost client.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and navigate. Set-up was simple - and the team we engaged with was very helpful.

Cons

None to note at this point in our relationship.

Joseph T.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Flexible implementation and great customer support hamstrung by slow UI and limited default...

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

The implementation of iPost can be customized to meet business specific needs. We really like that we were able to figure out a way to bring over our existing sending IPs and Domains with their quality reputations and that we did not have to warm new IPs or use shared IPs.

Cons

The reporting interface needs a lot of work. The UI can be really slow to load. There should be more out of the box reporting standard. There is a heavy dependence on one-off customizations.

Please add support for seed lists.

Renee F.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

The Customer Support Was Great!

Reviewed on 2020/11/09

While it was disappointing to not be able to use the software as intended, the support staff was pretty responsive and did their best to help resolve the issue.

Pros

Initially, we were very excited about this product. It has a lot of functionality and possibilities. Primarily with split testing and targeting.

Cons

Unfortunately, there was a delegation/subdomain issue that prevented our links from working. We needed the software to work for multiple clients and just weren't able to resolve this.

David H.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Ipost is fantastic

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

I've been able to put multiple clients on this software for fundraising purposes and result in a high amount of success. It's a great service to use, and I recommend to all looking for a cheap software.

Pros

I love the usability of the software, the UI is incredibly simple and straightforward. The pathways are the best part---super easy to use and much more streamlined to let users set up campaigns fast and easy to see the metrics they want.

Cons

I just wish the set up was only a little quicker. Aside from that its great!

Cleo C.

Great support and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

Pros

Being a relatively new user, I found iPost easy to use and was able to run multiple campaigns in no time. The reporting is great and allows us visibility into our marketing campaigns which allow us to make funnel adjustment and overall impact our outcome.

Cons

we've encountered a few glitches and error reports didnt reflect what we were seeing on the system and the issues had to be manually traced which was time-consuming.

April B.

Great Foundation

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Overall we like iPost, it has helped us accomplish our goals as we've grown the past few years, more than our last ESP was able to. However, as we continue to grow and look toward the future, it's unsure that iPost will be able to keep up with our needs. But we've been informed there are new services/recommendations being made available to us so we are definitely looking forward to seeing what new type of partnership we can develop with iPost in the additional year we signed on for.

Pros

The frontend usability. Our last ESP was more backend, meaning everything we needed to set up had to be done through them. The go-between time and annoyance of not having control over our own data was irritating. With iPost though, we are able to do almost everything ourselves and what we can't, we can ask for assistance. iPost is much more user-friendly.

Cons

While reporting has come a long way in iPost it is still lacking in customization and ease of use. Pulling data takes a long time, especially because our brands are set up separately, we often have to set up tables or export data multiple times and then compile it together. We also would like a more robust way to view our segmentation. i.e. to be able to only code one email but report on the customer level of what segment they are part of versus just the campaign level.

Robert D.

Top quality ESP

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Excellent experience to date. They will even custom build a feature set that may be required to make your business run as efficiently as possible. Just add Zapier to their integration deck which will allow users to integrate to hundreds of web applications.

Pros

Ease of use, highly customizable drag and drop journey builder, UI is feature rich without being too cluttered, excellent API and top notch customer service make iPost the ESP to beat.

Cons

When we first started working with iPost 2 years ago prior to the new Enterprise system being built out, the customer service was average at best. Since their restructure about 6 months ago, I would now rate their customer service a plus.

Karen M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

iPost fun but sometimes frustrating process!

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

I always get the help I need to fulfill my clients expectations. Thoughtful training is provided whenever our team requests it and the iPost teams always seem happy to talk to us.

Pros

I love the ability to pull reports for campaign review.

Cons

The system feels a bit clunky at times and often runs very slow. Creating reports within the Email Ticket is incredibly frustrating. When making more than one or two lists, it's not easy to figure out which list is which as the naming convention is not intuitive at all. It would be nice if the new list was named similar to the list that you created it from. This would take the guess work out.
When an error happens it would be nice to have a list of "possible" things to troubleshoot.

Peter K.

Great application! Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Excellent company to work with

Pros

Great support. Easy to use even with advanced features.

Cons

This software works great for our needs. No cons that I can think of.

Jeffrey C.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Effective, Results Delivered

excellent

Pros

Mailings are quick, stylistically superior and effective at reaching my target audience. I can quickly set up and deploy a message and get to my audience with great ease and also have a treasure trove of useful data.

Cons

I very much like it as is. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Tony B.

Full featured and great support

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

The iPost team has been tremendous in helping us to make the most of our email marketing campaigns and use the tool in ways we never would have thought of. They've also been able to help us with custom solutions to meet business needs in ways no other ESP can.

Pros

We love how customizable iPost is — particularly the organization of subaccounts and conversion tracking. We're able to get immediate visibility into the performance of our eCommerce campaigns, beyond opens and clicks. The conversion tracking is also very customizable and we're able to pass in custom variables to see if we're selling more from mobile or desktop, etc.

Cons

I would like to be able to do more with historic reports across subaccounts.

Eric H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

coming from Klaviyo, I really like the fact that is is extremely easy to use, and you’re getting great value for the price. Anytime there was an issue no matter how small account management and support was there to help and responded promptly.

Pros

Account structure, UX, ease of use, support

Cons

When switching initially, migration was slower than expected but this was not due to Ipost, we were having issues internally and Ipost helped us by walking us through the correct procedure and processes.

David K.

Overall positive, with some caveats

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Overall positive experience. But a lot of major problems that we're hoping they'll fix.

Pros

This is a developer friendly platform. You write your own SQL queries to manage lists. Their API is EXTREMELY well-documented and easy to integrate.

Cons

Open/click data lags about 12-24 hours behind. If you need to leverage that data more quickly, you're SOL. Mailings are often delayed--sometimes one or two hours to finish mailing after the time you schedule (usually better). The dynamic data tables often don't work, so we've had to rely on the SQL platform to build our lists.

Andy R.

iPost Experience

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

The folks we have worked with there have been excellent at solving problems, fixing technical issues and making us aware of upgrades/options. I have been most please with the value and service received.

Pros

The IMM platform is easy to use and the reporting is very helpful in understanding delivery statics and retargeting.

Cons

As a non-technical user, I don't use the platform from that perspective. As a user, I would say some of the opt-out, spam report or undeliverable download reports are trick to use. I would like an option where only unique email address, as opposed to every failure, was downloaded. They can be quite large.