CLIPitc

Lawn care software with appointment scheduling

Todd H.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Clip ITC from a practical point of view

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

It is the only thing I have found that meets my core need, there are some others that claim to have it but I have not been able to verify it before committing to it. ClipITC has a free trial so you know what you are buying upfront. Support has improved over the desktop version because they are available on-line with ClipITC.

I wish some of the additional features were a little more robust but the core function of the product is rock soild. That is why I want those other features to develop more since I depend on the scheduling software so much.

Pros

Clipitc is one of the few programs that has granular scheduling to this level. Most service software is designed for appliance repair dispatch and perhaps minimal reoccurring scheduling ability. This program has incredible flexibility in setting up schedules that are needed in the lawn and landscape industry.

Cons

It has a lot of add-on features that whet your appetite but is not fully functional. I believe they will develop it and or fix it. The desktop version has been developed over decades and built on a very old data base. I believe rather than fix this, Sensible Software decides Cloud-based development was the future. As a result, they are slowly but surely recreating the software on this new platform.

This was the right call but some of the reports, estimating and such are not complete or as robust. It will get there. The benefit of the cloud-based is you do get all the enhancements when they happen versus a desk top application.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Todd!

Carolyn W.

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Very positive. I have had to have contact with a technician and on several occasions each time I was provided very prompt and excellent customer service. They understood the urgency of my needs and contacted me right away and walked me through the process to fix the problem. Then, each time Customer service agent followed up to make sure all was running correctly. He is an excellent representative for CLIP. I know we are just a small company/user but, he made me feel like we were important and matter to him. And, my contact with him each time was very very early in the morning hours. He understood the urgency and took care of the matter.

Pros

Scheduling; keeping history of what the customer has had for services etc. Very quick and efficient method of scheduling customer's services.

Cons

I need to learn more about routing etc. We are a lawn care business and sometimes our customers want certain services in the Spring and then again in the Fall. I cannot schedule two services within one season without deleting one from the customer's programs. I also wished that all notes etc. could be carried over to the following year. At this time the only recourse I know of to start a new season; is to delete all programs and re-enter in new. I have to do this each season and we have lots of customers; very time consuming. Maybe I don't know all the tricks of the trade.

Response from Sensible Software

Thank you very much for the review Carolyn!

Peter M.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Love CLIP

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Again, I have not used "itc" but considering I kept getting the survey request I decided
to tell you about CLIP in general, and the great group of guys in tech support I have worked with over the years.

Pros

I have not used CLIPitc, but have used CLIP Desktop for 20 years.
It was at the time the best as I had reviewed all available options for software.

I still believe it to be the best. The ability to manipulate the workbank at billing, as well
create powerful merge reports are some of my favorite features.
Also the ability to quickly reformat route sheets and manually order them is great.

Recording work, payments, and billing all take minimal time.

CLIP is a major time saver.

Cons

I used the billing version and the fact that billing periods close and cannot be adjusted
causes some issues.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Peter!

Herm W.

CLIP ITC Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

One of the main issues we have had is making sure all of the data from the field is properly entered into Clip. With the real time entries on the mobile app this is no longer an issue. We used ITC in the file last season and are now using the app for over twenty crews in our snow operation.

Pros

We have been a client of Clip software for over fifteen years. The support at Clip has always one of their strengths. As we move into cloud computing Clip does not disappoint. As with any program that is evolving there are issues which are quickly handled and resolved. I am really excited about where the Team at Clip is headed with their ITC product. The ITC product is easy for our staff to use both in the field and in the office. We look forward to lessening our dependance on paper and minimizing data entry mistakes because of the real time recording of tasks performed.

Cons

In our application an ability for two crews to enter data on the same route at the same time is desirable. Currently that is not available on the mobile app.

Response from Sensible Software

Thanks for the awesome review Herm!

Liz F.

Great Product, Excited to see it improve

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I believe Clip is one of the best products on the market and I work with any issues because I genuinely believe I won't find a better product out there.

Pros

It is the best product I've seen that is Quickbooks Online Compatible. Many products claim they can link to Quickbooks and then you find out they can't do Quickbooks Online or the sync isn't effective.

Cons

Have hit weird bugs here and there and the Customer Service isn't always responsive. I've often figured out the solution myself by the time I hear back and have even explained to them how the problem happened or needed to be resolved. Our company is a larger landscaping company and at times I wonder if we are too large for their platform.

Response from CLIP Software

Thank you for your review Liz!

John Z.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Good product. Very detailed

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

When running a mid size landscape company, my job was to run the routes and make sure the crews were efficient. That was my main job focus. CLIP was excellent at cutting losses and increasing profits on paper but we realized that guys were manipulating start and stop times, forgetting to start jobs, etc. I no longer use it for my small landscape company as it does way more than a single owner/operator needs.

Pros

Ease of tracking routes and scheduling crews. It is very detailed on user performance if it is being used properly. If measurements or job start/stop times are off then the data is useless.

Cons

It is very information hungry. You almost need an employee whose only job scope is entering in information to CLIP. If it's all entered correctly it can be very helpful but it can also be a headache when you need to move through the input quickly. Lots of multiple clicks, waiting to reload, changing the same thing on three screens, etc.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review John!

Upgrade from desktop

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

The integration with cardpointe/bluepay has been great. Not having to pull bills, run cards manually and then enter payments in has been a time saver.

Pros

Multiple users makes it easy for managers to enter work and accounting to enter payments. The online portal is great for our clients to access their account and manage payments. Integration with a credit card processor has reduced our billing time tremendously.

Cons

We upgraded from an old desktop version where we had more control over invoicing and how payments are applied. The old version was not linked with quickbooks and could handle deposits and would match payments up to invoices but the new cloud version can't handle these requests unless linked with quickbooks, and even then deposits are difficult.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review!

Damon C.

Been using clip for 4 years now.

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I've used several different software programs and Clip really is the best out there. Yes there are some glitches in the program at times but nothing is perfect. Overall it really is a good program.

Pros

It's designed specifically for landscaping companies.

Cons

It tends to be a little glitchy at times.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Damon!

Alex B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Technical support not helpfull when you need it

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Customer service want you to set everything up by watching videos and reading articles.
Called technical support they're always busy never able to get a hold of anyone live, you have to leave a message and them to call you back.
If you're going to waist your valuable time trying a software to run your business I want to make sure that if I need help, help will be there when you needed.

Pros

integration with Quick Books, Scheduling & Easy to navigate.

Cons

No set up help.
I Did the live demo with Bill before before signing up for the free trial period, if the help is not there when you're on the trial period, to me that's the important time to impress your client.
What's going to happen when you're using it for two or three months

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review!

Larry S.

Clipitc

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Have had it for years. Really like it more that it is mobile.

Pros

Easy to use. Like being able to access it on the go as long as there is enough internet to support it.

Cons

Needs to have a function to let you look at over due invoices.
Needs to print invoices that have a balance even though no new work was performed.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Larry!

Chapman W.

Clip Lawn Maintenance Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

The use of the software in the field and online use

Cons

Set up for the scheduling for the day as far as properties are listed to complete

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Chapman!

Tonya M.

Clip is a great tool!

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Pros

scheduling is a breeze with Clipitc, really helps the office stay organized

Cons

too many emails from Clipitc for reviews.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Tonya!

Dawn M.

Excellent Software with Incredible Customer Service

Reviewed on 2014/03/13

We have been using CLIP for our Landscaping Company for several years now. We are a mid sized Landscaping company offering Maintenance, Landscaping, Irrigation, and Lighting out of Charleston, SC. Overall CLIP has been an excellent software we use for scheduling Maintenance, Landscaping Projects, Irrigation and Lighting Projects and repair scheduling, and Project management. CLIP has been a good fit for the many various aspects of our business. Experiencing rapid growth over the past year our company has created numerous new Management positions as well as constant changes resulting in the need to develop new policies and systems on how we manage our workload. We have found the Technical Support Department to be invaluable as we change and grow and they have been essential in our efforts to find better ways to utilize CLIP in our growing company. There may be other software programs out there that would meet our needs, however, I cannot imagine they would have the level of customer service that is essential to our success. The ability to talk to a live person who is knowledgeable on CLIP and able to assist us in overcoming our obstacles we face as we grow has been a major advantage for us. CLIP has been integral in our growth and success as a company and we strongly recommend them.

Debbie C.

Clip

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Pros

It is easy to enter client payments. I like the visual icons, makes it easy to maneuver through software

Cons

It is not easy to do invoicing. Also scheduling and printing out route sheets was not good. We had to switch to a different landscaping software.

Response from Sensible Software

We're very sorry you've had trouble invoicing Debbie!

We'd like to get you with our head trainer Bill Crawford, to ensure that your billing periods go as smoothly as possible. Please let us know when might be a good time.

Rob A.
  • Industry: Design

Solid Landscape Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

We enjoy working with Clip. It has helped us with our job tracking and costing. It also helps us quickly identify problem areas.

Pros

It is very user-friendly. The employees are trained on it quickly and it helps us see all of our numbers,

Cons

It can be very difficult to get a hold of anyone in customer service. This can be very frustrating when trying to figure out an issue or problem.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Rob!

Cathy S.

CLIPitc Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Scheduling process - trying to figure out efficiencies

Pros

Nothing really - i prefer CLIPex program overall

Cons

Report section
Data entry for daily work too tedious - too many items to click on to finish anything

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Cathy!

Ellen D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The "New" Clip

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

We are limping along. Solving problems we be an understatement. However, customer support is good and concise.

Pros

I'm trying to come up with something. For instance, I cannot proceed to the next page even now.

Cons

The "blue screen" is horrific on the eyes! Clip is slowww….and no, it's not our internet. We changed that over in hopes but doing so made a minimal difference with Clip.
I sincerely dislike how, when you click on a job and are waiting for the blue screen to clear, the screen returns to the top of the page, not the job you wish to edit. So, more scrolling. Not user eye friendly and headache inducing.
Why can jobs not be put into alphabetical order as well?

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Ellen.

Danielle S.

Clip Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

If I’ve had problems they are always good responding quick.

Pros

It works well with the business we do.

Cons

Think it’s expensive for small business users. Wish the statements would carry over balance like previous one.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Danielle!

Blake R.

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

Ability to track employee productivity.

Cons

The mobil app is glitchy and customer service is anything but helpful and friendly

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Blake!

Wil Z.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Hard to get someone to help... Impossible.

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

The XE used to speed up things around here... ITC is another story. And I can't tell much since it never works.

Cons

Doesn't work..
My customer balance, history... it's a mess
Most of the time it doesn't... There is a population of gremlins living inside, I guess. When we think we kill one... it comes back.

Joe N.

Clip review

Reviewed on 2014/03/26

As you know I was a clip user for many years. Clip was great for lawn maintenance but fell short for irrigation. Especialy for scheduling turn on's and winterization. I started to use another software Hindsite which is great for irrigation but not for lawn maintenance. Clip need to develope a better scheduling program. For example there is no easy way to know if appointment are located near another customer at time of call. Hindsite color code calender days tell you which customer is the closes to the call. This is extreemly usefull. I would love to talk to your developer to explain further.

Response from Sensible Software

Joe,
I would love to hear some of the scheduling features that are important to your company for irrigation. We do have very powerful scheduling for reoccuring jobs, but are currently working on our one time job scheduling features.

Jensen T.

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

I liked the price, it was a good value, and i love how it saves us time and money everyday.

Cons

I didn't like the feel of the software, stuff took a while to load, and it seemed outdated.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Jensen!

David W.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Clip has been great. As a small company I was concerned with the expense, but it more than pays for itself with the time saved in the office. On top of that it allows for easier expansion in other areas of my business. Support has been great to help us learn and implement the software.

Pros

Clip took my billing from 3-4 days of work to 3 hours, with some daily work done by others who usually did paperwork, but now enter it in clip. The support is great, they always work quickly to answer questions or resolve issues. The staff is very personable also. They are able to revert back to previous data. (I needed this once when I messed up) Now our data is in place in real time instead of waiting for the paperwork to come in!

Cons

There are a few "wish list" items that I would like to see, but no major issues with the product. One thing I would like expanded is the web portal and adding functionality for my company to upload its own files for customers to see. Oh yeah, if they could fix the repeating special characters when linking to QB, but not a big problem

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review David!

Joseph L.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Easy Quick Functionality

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

It solves any routing issues you have by linking to google. It just makes its simple. Were excited to be part of the clip family and look forward to growing with them.

Pros

Clip Software was just easy to set up and with the added benefits of tutorials to walk you through it getting everything set up was simple. The reports you can run are amazing. They really help you make easy business decisions. There customer service is just as amazing. Over all great software to run a big or small lawn and landscaping company. Highly recommended.

Cons

To be honest there is nothing I don't like about this software. It truly does everything we need it to do for our company.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Joseph!

Linda P.

CLIP REVIEW

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

I find that while the customer service people are knowledgeable, it takes entirely too long to receive a response or help. Many times I'm sent articles or links to the manual. By the time I contact support, I've already tried to find the answer in the manuals.

I have told them of several changes and issues in CLIP and they turf me off to, "submit it as a suggestion."

Last year we went through hell. They encouraged me in the beginning of the year to convert to clip online. I submitted my data for conversation. It came back so many times wrong and incomplete. I had already converted over to QB online. After so many attempts, I was told that it's too early for existing customers to convert over to online, too many issues. It took weeks of work to get the data back right and to undo all the work that was done. I didn't even receive an I'm sorry or a credit for all my time wasted. It has been typical of the support I have received for the last 10 plus years.

Pros

They added QB to their program. For so many years we used special invoicing. It was a nightmare.

Cons

Needs several kinks worked out. One of the most important things is to have QB sync back to CLIP. Because we are unable to do this, it creates a lot of discrepancies.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Linda. I'm very sorry that you've had trouble in the past with conversion. We'll be reaching out soon to discuss what we could have done better for you during that process.