CLIPitc

Lawn care software with appointment scheduling

3,8
3,7
3,6
3,6
3,7
Todd H.
Industry: Facilities Services

Clip ITC from a practical point of view

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

It is the only thing I have found that meets my core need, there are some others that claim to have it but I have not been able to verify it before committing to it. ClipITC has a free trial so you know what you are buying upfront. Support has improved over the desktop version because they are available on-line with ClipITC.

I wish some of the additional features were a little more robust but the core function of the product is rock soild. That is why I want those other features to develop more since I depend on the scheduling software so much.

Pros

Clipitc is one of the few programs that has granular scheduling to this level. Most service software is designed for appliance repair dispatch and perhaps minimal reoccurring scheduling ability. This program has incredible flexibility in setting up schedules that are needed in the lawn and landscape industry.

Cons

It has a lot of add-on features that whet your appetite but is not fully functional. I believe they will develop it and or fix it. The desktop version has been developed over decades and built on a very old data base. I believe rather than fix this, Sensible Software decides Cloud-based development was the future. As a result, they are slowly but surely recreating the software on this new platform.

This was the right call but some of the reports, estimating and such are not complete or as robust. It will get there. The benefit of the cloud-based is you do get all the enhancements when they happen versus a desk top application.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Todd!

My Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

At first it was awful! SO much to learn because it's totally different mindset than ClipXE.
Very frustrated with servers going out while crews are out working.. plowing..
But once I have learned how to do something, then I really like what it does.
It is a good program for the money.
Technicians are very polite. Especially our reps.

Pros

I like that I do not have to print toutes sheets anymore and we can use the tablet.
I like being able to separately Invoice, delete Invoices, Re-create them, email them.
I lie that I can print customer history to show customers where their payments have been applied.
I like that I can edit employee times and see the hours easily.
Once I learn more I like it more.

Cons

It is soooo slooowww recording work manually. Each click is at least 7-10 seconds or more. I miss being able to just click and go. That takes a very very very long time to fix errors, to add or remove employees from the recorded jobs... awful.
I don't like how in some instances , when choosing employees ALL OF the employees show up. THat's a HUGE list to scroll through. No need for the on hold employees to show up ever unless that box is checked.
I don't like that the customer does not see their check numbers or CC last 4 digits, and dates on their invoices when paid.
It has taken me a long time to get used to everything. Nut as I get better it gets easier and I can enjoy the benefits.
The tutorials do not have a whole lot of information. Very basic soI alway have to ask for help.
I don't like not having phone calls anymore. And the wait time because we are on a different time zone...
I've also run into problems on the Tablet with one or more employees doing the same crew at different jobs. There is no way to clock into a crew when someone else is using it.. I have to have them text me the times and manually enter them. We need to be able to do that.
The Crew Position does not work very well at all... very delayed and sometime doesn't even find the crew.
Estimating is complicated. No way to record all the plants without showing the cost.. or adding the cost. Jobs with materials / installations-should be much easier and calculate for you like projects did.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review!

Steven B.
Industry: Law Enforcement

CLipITC is really buggy

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

We are a medium sized lanscape company with a pool service division. Sales are just over $2million a year, so we are i assume a medium sized business. We used clip desktop and it was fine, quirky, but fine. Switching to cloud based ITC has been a real headache. The routing is utterly useless above 22 jobs per day. we have small properties so we service about 30 per day and have to manually route every time, if we are rained out or for any reason cant complete a route, you have to manually reroute every time. The reporting is not very good. it records times on jobs for service (crews use tablets and the mobile app), but it falls short in that it will not calculate any averages, and there is no way to update budget hours from actual past times. When the crew gets their work list only the customers name shows up, no address. they have to open the job to get the address. this is not good with a new driver, or if a crew has to fill in or cover another crews route. There is no way to assign individual billing rated to pattern program jobs, We charge different rates for pruning, mulching, chemical application, irrigation startups and shutoffs, etc. When we set up a pattern program (pattern program is any recurring job done for many customers), there is no where to set up pricing. so after setting up a program (weed control for example) we have to go back into all several hundred customers and open every round and set price on every one... this is a few thousand entries when it should only be one. The make updated and all of a sudden options are no longer available, things no longer work, the way different areas of the program interact change. there is never any notification of this, you just find out when trying to use it and the way you used to do something no longer works. What makes it worse is sometimes it affects the way it exports to quick books. we almost lost in billing one month because it changed the way it exports and required us to go in and change the rounds setup. we didn't find out until the end of the month when statements were supposed to go out,the office manager had to pull an all nighter to fix it and get billing out on time. there is no longer any way to apply or compare employees time to time on jobs. You could do that in desktop clip, and it was extremely useful to find missing punches, times, etc, and saved us from missing tens of thousands a year in missed billing.
Feels like it is in beta

Pros

The potential for a great program is there.

Cons

It is quirky and constant buggy issues. The need more thorough testing and input from contractors.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

David W.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Clip has been great. As a small company I was concerned with the expense, but it more than pays for itself with the time saved in the office. On top of that it allows for easier expansion in other areas of my business. Support has been great to help us learn and implement the software.

Pros

Clip took my billing from 3-4 days of work to 3 hours, with some daily work done by others who usually did paperwork, but now enter it in clip. The support is great, they always work quickly to answer questions or resolve issues. The staff is very personable also. They are able to revert back to previous data. (I needed this once when I messed up) Now our data is in place in real time instead of waiting for the paperwork to come in!

Cons

There are a few "wish list" items that I would like to see, but no major issues with the product. One thing I would like expanded is the web portal and adding functionality for my company to upload its own files for customers to see. Oh yeah, if they could fix the repeating special characters when linking to QB, but not a big problem

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review David!

Joseph L.
Industry: Chemicals
Company size: Self Employed

Easy Quick Functionality

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

It solves any routing issues you have by linking to google. It just makes its simple. Were excited to be part of the clip family and look forward to growing with them.

Pros

Clip Software was just easy to set up and with the added benefits of tutorials to walk you through it getting everything set up was simple. The reports you can run are amazing. They really help you make easy business decisions. There customer service is just as amazing. Over all great software to run a big or small lawn and landscaping company. Highly recommended.

Cons

To be honest there is nothing I don't like about this software. It truly does everything we need it to do for our company.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Joseph!

Linda P.

CLIP REVIEW

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

I find that while the customer service people are knowledgeable, it takes entirely too long to receive a response or help. Many times I'm sent articles or links to the manual. By the time I contact support, I've already tried to find the answer in the manuals.

I have told them of several changes and issues in CLIP and they turf me off to, "submit it as a suggestion."

Last year we went through hell. They encouraged me in the beginning of the year to convert to clip online. I submitted my data for conversation. It came back so many times wrong and incomplete. I had already converted over to QB online. After so many attempts, I was told that it's too early for existing customers to convert over to online, too many issues. It took weeks of work to get the data back right and to undo all the work that was done. I didn't even receive an I'm sorry or a credit for all my time wasted. It has been typical of the support I have received for the last 10 plus years.

Pros

They added QB to their program. For so many years we used special invoicing. It was a nightmare.

Cons

Needs several kinks worked out. One of the most important things is to have QB sync back to CLIP. Because we are unable to do this, it creates a lot of discrepancies.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Linda. I'm very sorry that you've had trouble in the past with conversion. We'll be reaching out soon to discuss what we could have done better for you during that process.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Bryce M.

Still Working Out The Kinks

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

I enjoyed working with the customer support. They were friendly and helpful. If they didn't know the answer they would report it to someone else who would get it. However, there were a couple times where it was multiple weeks before we got any responses back about why we couldn't do certain things. I think Clipitc is a good company and is working towards getting more established. Overall, we just need something reliable all the time, and I am not sure Clipitc is at that point yet. Once the bugs are fixed, I think it will be great. I like the setup of the website and screens, etc.

Pros

The best part of this software was the specific design for the lawn care industry. It was usable and functional for routing and scheduling jobs.

Cons

This software had a lot of good intentions with the different features and functions. The problem was the bugs were still being worked out with each different feature. One of the most difficult "bugs" we encountered was with the invoicing. There were multiple times where our invoices didn't sync through to quickbooks. From there it was really difficult to find them. If there are glitches with invoicing, we feared that we were losing some of our valuable invoices and we couldn't risk missing out on all that completed work.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Bryce!

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jeff C.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

CLIP Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

We like the mobile app and its possibilities but sometimes miss the CLIPXE and its reliable performance.

Pros

I really like how the program can route the order and optimize the list. I also like the ability to determine whether a job or customer is profitable or not and the mobile app.

Cons

There are many redundant "boxes" that have to be checked or the figures will not be correct, like taxes and putting customers on hold. The mobile app has many glitches and problems. Some problems are two crews cannot be entered into the same truck list even on different dates at the same time and sometimes the phone/program does not take the info entered by the crew. Meaning they punch in their times but does not get back to the assistants desktop.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Jeff!

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Don L.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

From the field to quickbooks, Clip has save me many hours in front of a computer.

Pros

The ease of use, for the basic functions is great. I can set up my tablets and send them out in the field with less than 3 minutes training for a new user.

Cons

On the mobile app, there is a constant message that appears over and over to let us know we are not connected to the internet

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Don!

Ed M.

Clip Experience

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Job scheduling, costing, reoccurring billing

Pros

Easy to use compared to other software we tried

Cons

Some fields are difficult to link to job to job - i.e. projects material lists from vendors

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Ed!

Adam T.
Industry: Facilities Services

Overall a great value for the money

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

My overall experience has been slightly above neutral. The last year of being with clip has been pretty smooth sailing and am glad I stuck it out. That being said I have been with ClipItc for approximately 3 years the first 2 years were rough. Waiting for help and fixes for issues causing horrible billing issues. I was forced to contact tech support for extensive help at the end of every billing cycle and for other issues mid month. They kept helping me along. I didn’t know wether to stick it out with clip or give up on the program . I lost of hours in the office I will never get back. I felt as though I was the only customer having issues with the system. And very well may have been. Though tech support helped I continues having the same problems every month where lots of my past payments would become unapplied to invoices in quickbooks every time i transferred invoices and would spend an entire day reapplying past payments before I could print accurate invoices for customers. This led to customer balance issues in clip as well as in quickbooks. It got so bad to where I seemed to be ignored from tech support and they did not seem to know how to fix my problem. As time continued I decided to open a brand new paid account and reloaded/entered all my information. Though this seemed to be a lot more work for a program that seemed to have a lot of bugs it paid off. After doing this I have had slim to no issues with the program. I feel as though tech support should have been...

Pros

A central program that offers billing, job tracking and routing soulutions. Must haves for the industry.

Cons

While there seems to still be an occasional glitch I haven’t had anything crucial fail or glitch since a major overhaul on my program. The least I would link to lack of written information and help. Most help has to be gotten directly from customer support. Which most of the time answers very promptly. There is some published materials on functions and features but they are very vague. Would like to see a handbook or digital hand book covering the entire program. Formulas on how things are calculated. Definitions of headings. And uses for features and functions. It would be nice to have a complete reference for everything.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Adam!

Carolyn W.
Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Very positive. I have had to have contact with a technician and on several occasions each time I was provided very prompt and excellent customer service. They understood the urgency of my needs and contacted me right away and walked me through the process to fix the problem. Then, each time Customer service agent followed up to make sure all was running correctly. He is an excellent representative for CLIP. I know we are just a small company/user but, he made me feel like we were important and matter to him. And, my contact with him each time was very very early in the morning hours. He understood the urgency and took care of the matter.

Pros

Scheduling; keeping history of what the customer has had for services etc. Very quick and efficient method of scheduling customer's services.

Cons

I need to learn more about routing etc. We are a lawn care business and sometimes our customers want certain services in the Spring and then again in the Fall. I cannot schedule two services within one season without deleting one from the customer's programs. I also wished that all notes etc. could be carried over to the following year. At this time the only recourse I know of to start a new season; is to delete all programs and re-enter in new. I have to do this each season and we have lots of customers; very time consuming. Maybe I don't know all the tricks of the trade.

Response from Sensible Software

Thank you very much for the review Carolyn!

Tracy C.
Industry: Accounting

CLIP ITC

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

The support team is very pleasant to work with. Response time could improve some. If billing and Reporting features could be improved, the ratings would go up.

Pros

Clip ITC Mobile App - Saves a lot of manual entry
Routing feature - Allows us to group all jobs for one customer and gives of visibility to how we've scheduled routes and easily identify where we as a company need to make chages

Cons

Billing feature - Has been a challenge. Sometimes sales tax is not added to an invoice/statement. Sometimes the date field for the service comes out blank when trying to do invoices and it won't show up on Invoice. I have to delete the line item and re-add to get it to show up on invoice. The statement on the billing "Overpayment" Has confused and upset some of our customers when we've asked for 50% upfront. We have lost several customers due to the CLIP ITC billing problems. We've lost some credibility due to billing issues.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Tracy!

Peter M.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Love CLIP

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Again, I have not used "itc" but considering I kept getting the survey request I decided
to tell you about CLIP in general, and the great group of guys in tech support I have worked with over the years.

Pros

I have not used CLIPitc, but have used CLIP Desktop for 20 years.
It was at the time the best as I had reviewed all available options for software.

I still believe it to be the best. The ability to manipulate the workbank at billing, as well
create powerful merge reports are some of my favorite features.
Also the ability to quickly reformat route sheets and manually order them is great.

Recording work, payments, and billing all take minimal time.

CLIP is a major time saver.

Cons

I used the billing version and the fact that billing periods close and cannot be adjusted
causes some issues.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Peter!

Paul K.

Time Saver Alert!

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I have been using CLIPitc for a few years and enjoying the ease of scheduling, routing, and invoicing all combined into one platform. I have been very happy with the amount of time it has saved me, and allowed me to be more accurate in the functions listed above.

Pros

I loved the fact that I can just make a few clicks and then "BAM!" --- My invoices are automatically generated in QuickBooks! It also helps that scheduling is no longer a nightmare. This software has ALL of the different configurations of scheduling that difficult customer. Customer service is there when you need them when there is a hiccup to walk you through.

Cons

I wish it would "Memorize" the routes on a consistent basis. Some of my routes get memorized fine, which makes for faster scheduling but others do not.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Paul!

Amber S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great base, if kinks get worked out.

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

We are able to track employee times to make sure they being efficient at each job and are getting to the next job in a timely manner. The crew can enter the materials used during the job.

However, we have had a lot of issues again, with taxing and we've also had a few times where we get kicked out of the system continuously and can't stay logged in.

The support is pretty good once you get a response. Response time can sometimes be an hour to a day.

Pros

The ability to track employees times and automatically total the bill based on per hour jobs.
The ability to get customer requests to the crew through the app.
The live chat option is nice.

Cons

It's a little complicated to learn.
There are certain customizations that should be simpler to make, but require 3 steps.
There have been many issues with the invoices transferring properly to Quick Books, especially taxing and sometimes not even knowing invoices have been stuck in the transfer.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Amber!

Herm W.
Industry: Environmental Services

CLIP ITC Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

One of the main issues we have had is making sure all of the data from the field is properly entered into Clip. With the real time entries on the mobile app this is no longer an issue. We used ITC in the file last season and are now using the app for over twenty crews in our snow operation.

Pros

We have been a client of Clip software for over fifteen years. The support at Clip has always one of their strengths. As we move into cloud computing Clip does not disappoint. As with any program that is evolving there are issues which are quickly handled and resolved. I am really excited about where the Team at Clip is headed with their ITC product. The ITC product is easy for our staff to use both in the field and in the office. We look forward to lessening our dependance on paper and minimizing data entry mistakes because of the real time recording of tasks performed.

Cons

In our application an ability for two crews to enter data on the same route at the same time is desirable. Currently that is not available on the mobile app.

Response from Sensible Software

Thanks for the awesome review Herm!

Stephanie H.
Industry: Consumer Services

Took a while to get used to

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I like it now, I am comfortable with it. I'm glad I don't need support because they make me feel stupid. Tech guys don't know how to communicate with non-tech people. They do try and please you.

Pros

That it meet my needs and does the job for a lot less money.

Cons

That the training videos came with background music and it could not be turned off, so the videos where useless to me and it was hard to get use to Clipitc, but I am use to it now, and I still get frustrated how slow it is and that I have to re-enter stuff because Clipitc just stops working and I am sure the support team would say this is my fault.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Stephanie!

Edgar S.

moved from clip desktop after over 25 years of use to clipitc

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

thinking about asking them to move me back to old desktop program before my office person quits

Pros

still does a good job of being a AR program for recurring jobs
links to customer email and mapping programs

Cons

much harder to use than desktop-some of desktop features where dropped an now takes longer to put new customers in, posting work errors , avg times in jobs wrong, material costing wrong, had problems changing job descriptions and having the new descriptions saved,
clip support down loaded my program over 4 weeks ago and i have not had a reply back to above and more problems

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Edgar.

QClipXe Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

This is For Qclipxe. We do not use the other software. We are happy with the software - as noted above it does most everything we need to do for our scheduling, mowing routing.

Pros

The many features of it - it is very versatile. Once you have things set up its fairly easy for people to use. We use it for scheduling all of our jobs, keeping track of customers, and then sending the billing information over to quickbooks.

Cons

There are a few glitches with the software, and setup is fairly labor intensive but support is very helpful if we run into issues.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review!

Liz F.

Great Product, Excited to see it improve

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I believe Clip is one of the best products on the market and I work with any issues because I genuinely believe I won't find a better product out there.

Pros

It is the best product I've seen that is Quickbooks Online Compatible. Many products claim they can link to Quickbooks and then you find out they can't do Quickbooks Online or the sync isn't effective.

Cons

Have hit weird bugs here and there and the Customer Service isn't always responsive. I've often figured out the solution myself by the time I hear back and have even explained to them how the problem happened or needed to be resolved. Our company is a larger landscaping company and at times I wonder if we are too large for their platform.

Response from CLIP Software

Thank you for your review Liz!

John Z.
Industry: Farming
Company size: Self Employed

Good product. Very detailed

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/02/05

When running a mid size landscape company, my job was to run the routes and make sure the crews were efficient. That was my main job focus. CLIP was excellent at cutting losses and increasing profits on paper but we realized that guys were manipulating start and stop times, forgetting to start jobs, etc. I no longer use it for my small landscape company as it does way more than a single owner/operator needs.

Pros

Ease of tracking routes and scheduling crews. It is very detailed on user performance if it is being used properly. If measurements or job start/stop times are off then the data is useless.

Cons

It is very information hungry. You almost need an employee whose only job scope is entering in information to CLIP. If it's all entered correctly it can be very helpful but it can also be a headache when you need to move through the input quickly. Lots of multiple clicks, waiting to reload, changing the same thing on three screens, etc.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review John!

Joel W.
Industry: Chemicals

Not the greatest tech support stinks

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

We cancelled our online subscription and moved on your currently using jobber tech support is on the spot

Pros

Has good history futures. Pretty easy to use.

Cons

When we used it that crashed a lot. Seem like Monday morning once or twice a month we would have to wait for them to get it up and working this is the online version. Tech support it guys were rude disrespectful short with us took forever to get a call back

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Joel. I'm very sorry to hear you had a poor experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Upgrade from desktop

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

The integration with cardpointe/bluepay has been great. Not having to pull bills, run cards manually and then enter payments in has been a time saver.

Pros

Multiple users makes it easy for managers to enter work and accounting to enter payments. The online portal is great for our clients to access their account and manage payments. Integration with a credit card processor has reduced our billing time tremendously.

Cons

We upgraded from an old desktop version where we had more control over invoicing and how payments are applied. The old version was not linked with quickbooks and could handle deposits and would match payments up to invoices but the new cloud version can't handle these requests unless linked with quickbooks, and even then deposits are difficult.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review!

Marlene C.
Industry: Consumer Services

Needs a lot of improvement

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

We are long time CLIP customers using the desktop version, CLIPxe. It seems no thought or concern was given to all the existing features that make xe so successful. I was told by tech support, it's best to approach CLIPitc as a brand new software. I love xe but wanted the cloud version so I can work from home easier, and make it easier for multiple users. I was really frustrated after the 30 day trial. I will stay with xe for now and look for a different cloud software. Moving to itc would require a massive overhaul of all my data. If that's the case, I may as well just look for a new provider.

Pros

Like the chat capability for questions.

Cons

It seems this was thrown into production without much testing or improvement. Recording work is a breeze in CLIPxe and very tedious in itc. "once a week" and "bi-weekly" visits do not work the same as xe. There is no way to attach add-on tasks to the main job: there was a "related" field in xe that was very helpful but does not exist in itc. Difficult to add a crew member while recording work. Difficult to calculate charges based on time spent at job. AM/PM shortcuts are not available. Training videos insufficient.

Response from CLIP Software

Thanks for the review Marlene. I'm very sorry that we haven't lived up to your expectations so far. One of our people should be reaching out soon to discuss how we can help you take full advantage of the service.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10